• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

That Deadpool fig.. Must have.

Also, damn you guys and awesome Toys R Us deals. I'd have twice as much LEGO Star Wars stuff if I had access to your prices.

ruxtpin

Banned
Used my last two holiday PAB boxes today (on almost all transparent yellow and red 1 x 1 circles - for lava!) And... I picked up Arkham Asylum!

Used my last two holiday PAB boxes today (on almost all transparent yellow and red 1 x 1 circles - for lava!) And... I picked up Arkham Asylum!
I wanted Arkham, but then I saw it assembled at store and went a lil cold on it and can wait.

But then Ghostmind said it was the same designer as Quinjet, and I needs it NOW! If I have the funds, I plan to make that my double VIP purchase.

golem

Finished up the TIE Advanced 10175 and did a quick photoshop

8484707914_3b15ec4692_c.jpg

Vyer

Anyone have any details on this set?

Ig6zlyN.jpg

I got one of these at the local LEGO store last year they just gave it to me at the register i don't even remember buying a big dollar amount. Not sure what it's supposed to be for, searching online doesn't give me many details.

ghostmind

Anyone have any details on this set?

Ig6zlyN.jpg

I got one of these at the local LEGO store last year they just gave it to me at the register i don't even remember buying a big dollar amount. Not sure what it's supposed to be for, searching online doesn't give me many details.

I believe that is a grand opening promo. Was that a new store?

sharbhund

Nope, been there for years. Thought that might be the case too, but I don't know.

I got one of those too. I think it was an unadvertised promotion with a $30 or $50 purchase. I didn't know about it until I got to the store and saw them handing them out.

Vyer

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=COLORADO-1

The Colorado Mills store had a grand reopening in 2012.

Interesting, I've noticed that a lot of grand opening packs have the store listed on the bottom, but not this one. Guess it's just some sort of general opening promo. Not sure why this store had it though.

I got one of those too. I think it was an unadvertised promotion with a $30 or $50 purchase. I didn't know about it until I got to the store and saw them handing them out.

Yeah, I remember thinking I didn't see anything advertised anywhere. Oh well. Glad to have any promo I suppose.

ruxtpin

Banned
I wanted Arkham, but then I saw it assembled at store and went a lil cold on it and can wait.

But then Ghostmind said it was the same designer as Quinjet, and I needs it NOW! If I have the funds, I plan to make that my double VIP purchase.

I'm a little bit sour on the stickers, but the included minifigs are great. And I like how you can rearrange the sections. Also thought that a number of the pieces would come in handy for MOCing.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I was talking about my WIP ghostbuster HQ on my lego group mailing list and someone sent me the link to this one

http://orionpax.de/23/index.php/showroom/gallery/31/GHOSTBUSTERS-HQ

small_110.JPG

More pics including ecto-1 and the interior in the link.

Ohhhh maaaaaan, that Ghostbusters HQ is mind-blowing. Whoa.
My friend just tagged me in a post on FaceBook about it and I'm still in awe. I want that SO BAD YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of you may remember my post a while back about the local Big W having 8 x 10212 Imperial Shuttle's sitting in stock at full retail with destroyed boxes.

Went in last week - and one's missing.

That horrible thought that they've discounted one for damaged stock clearance and I've missed it...

Asked one of the assistants wandering around if they could knock anything off for the box damage, but could only get it $30 down, making it $420. So, no.

Even at a discount, Australian Lego is never worth buying. It saddens men.

looks like I can get away with just buying the small set then :) I actually count poor showings like this as a blessing, means less money I have to spend :p

Agreed, but if those don't sell well and go on deep clearance, I'll end up buying the a bunch.

Actually Zod, in his Combat Armor, is included with 76009, so you might be able to get away with just that set... that is what I am thinking of doing at least.

0SF08Dn.png

I like the armor a lot. Looks like there are two types of armor at least. I may have to go with 76009 and the small set then hope for good clearances.

Just got home a little bit ago from the LEGO Store at Tyson's Corner. Great pick a brick wall. Check out my haul!!

8479526993_9cdca7d907_c.jpg

Oh man, I freaked because I thought those were sand green 2x2 tiles at first. I'm holding my breath that they put some white, black, or any bley 2x2 tiles in PAB someday when I'm there.

I was talking about my WIP ghostbuster HQ on my lego group mailing list and someone sent me the link to this one

http://orionpax.de/23/index.php/showroom/gallery/31/GHOSTBUSTERS-HQ

small_110.JPG

More pics including ecto-1 and the interior in the link.

I have his flickr stream bookmarked. He has a lot of impressive work. Check out his desert skiff among others.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/orion_pax/

wetwired

My friend just tagged me in a post on FaceBook about it and I'm still in awe. I want that SO BAD YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes me sad seeing the detail he has compared to mine, though his would cost a fortune.

I do like the parts where he's done things very similar to the way I'm doing mine, I prefer the arch at the top of the front windows on mine though.

leng jai

So close to pulling the trigger on the Palace modular right now. The price on the AU store is actually half decent (though the shipping kills it).

That Deadpool fig.. Must have.

Also, damn you guys and awesome Toys R Us deals. I'd have twice as much LEGO Star Wars stuff if I had access to your prices.

Just think of how much money you are not spending.

I am thinking about going back tomorrow and buy few more big set even with Toys R Us "tax", it's still pretty good. Though I am running out of set to buy, between last month Fred Myers sale and the clearance at B&N.

I have been eyeing Echo Base set, it's not great set but man if I ever a sucker for anything Empire Strikes Back.

WOW. No more LEGO for me for a long time. Just did prelim taxes and am getting back less than half of what we got last year. My wife and I were planning on using the money for our trip in April, but now it looks like taxes will barely cover the hotel. YIKES.

Vyer

WOW. No more LEGO for me for a long time. Just did prelim taxes and am getting back less than half of what we got last year. My wife and I were planning on using the money for our trip in April, but now it looks like taxes will barely cover the hotel. YIKES.

Our return was down too, think it had more to do with my wife increasing insurance coverage, therefore less of a paycheck this year.

Sucks.

Our return was down too, think it had more to do with my wife increasing insurance coverage, therefore less of a paycheck this year.

Sucks.

I made more money, she made same. No deductions changed or anything. But looking again, it was down to about 35-40% of last year's amount. REALLY sucks. We had planned on that floating us through the trip, but now it is time to pinch pennies for it.

ghostmind

Children are great for your tax refund, but they come with their own costs. However, after 5 years they become great excuses to buy more LEGO.

EDIT: Instead of putting my refund towards old UCS sets, I'm instead going to put it towards next-gen gaming. The new UCS X-wing has changed my plans radically.

Just reeling from the pain of seeing the refund go down so damn much. It has been consistent for all the years we have been married, now to suddenly plummet. Was hoping for the trip to NOLA fully paid, and some money for LEGO or debt. But nope...only part of hotel expenses paid. Now to figure out how to pay for plane tickets and hope there is enough left for food that week.

Children are great for your tax refund, but they come with their own costs. However, after 5 years they become great excuses to buy more LEGO.

Yup, went to the Santa Clara store today to pick a small DUPLO set for my 11 month old daughter. I looked over the Friends section and felt a mighty urge to start stock piling a few for her. The store also had several Winter Villages on discount, so tempting... but I remained strong.

Just reeling from the pain of seeing the refund go down so damn much. It has been consistent for all the years we have been married, now to suddenly plummet. Was hoping for the trip to NOLA fully paid, and some money for LEGO or debt. But nope...only part of hotel expenses paid. Now to figure out how to pay for plane tickets and hope there is enough left for food that week.

Sounds like your extra earnings pushed you guys into a higher tax bracket. It sucks, happened to my wife and I as well.

ghostmind

Yup, went to the Santa Clara store today to pick a small DUPLO set for my 11 month old daughter. I looked over the Friends section and felt a mighty urge to start stock piling a few for her. The store also had several Winter Villages on discount, so tempting... but I remained strong.

My son bought his first Chima set last week - a kit with 2 of the Speedorz. The ripcord works well, and he can get about 7 to 10 feet on our hardwood floor with one of them. Next week we are going to figure out the cards and try a real match.

He's also informed me that he is going to take all the animal-suit CMF's and add some Chima minifigs and make a zoo. I am very curious to see what he has in mind.

Sounds like your extra earnings pushed you guys into a higher tax bracket. It sucks, happened to my wife and I as well.

It was such a minimal increase as well. I am a retail slave, so we do not make much money at all. But I think it was the health care expenses paid by employer thing that is new on this tax return. It just skewed everything.

Oh, well. Perhaps I will just drink and build tomorrow to get my mind off of it. And pray that job I interviewed for calls back with an offer. (Not LEGO. But not retail, which would be sublime).

Winter Village Market will be the 2013 WV set. No set number or other details yet.

Damn, they just keep on churning these out eh? My wife is hooked on that theme now so this will be a must buy i suppose... However, our table will soon be too small to set them all up in one giant village :(

ghostmind

Damn, they just keep on churning these out eh? My wife is hooked on that theme now so this will be a must buy i suppose... However, our table will soon be too small to set them all up in one giant village :(

With the 2013 set, it's going to either break 5,000 pcs total (or get close to it) for all the sets. As such, it's getting to be a bit much to rebuild them every year, so I'm thinking of keeping them assembled (but stored away) during the offseason, and just building the new kit each year.

With the 2013 set, it's going to either break 5,000 pcs total (or get close to it) for all the sets. As such, it's getting to be a bit much to rebuild them every year, so I'm thinking of keeping them assembled (but stored away) during the offseason, and just building the new kit each year.

Any news on the pricing? It seems LEGO is training people slowly to pay more for a set with the winter theme. They've been gradually increasing in "size" and price. Pretty soon, they will be modular prices.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My parents love the sets to. I set up a whole scene in the hallway and everyone who came to visit commented on it. The thing is the surface I used is already packed with the first four sets and some extras. A fifth one is going to make things really crowded.

Top Bottom