• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

R-User!

Reposting for today and visibility...

uCIGSWFl.jpg

Ominous view of the impending doom...

A link to my Power Mech Creation at the LEGO GAF Custom Model Contest!!!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48227774&postcount=167

Go check out my creation! /Shwarzenegger

I think the new UCS seX-wing mat very well be my first entry into the UCS line. But at $200, I'd best start saving money up now. If I do go through with it, I guess I'll voyage up to the Santa Clara store to pick up my set on May 4th.

But wow, Lego sure knows that this set will be a hot seller. It's 1,559 pieces for $199.99. While last year's R2-D2 is 2,127 pieces for $179.99!

ghostmind

I think the new UCS seX-wing mat very well be my first entry into the UCS line. But at $200, I'd best start saving money up now. If I do go through with it, I guess I'll voyage up to the Santa Clara store to pick up my set on May 4th.

But wow, Lego sure knows that this set will be a hot seller. It's 1,559 pieces for $199.99. While last year's R2-D2 is 2,127 pieces for $179.99!

I think LEGO knows that sculpture models aren't going to be able to command that type of price, but ships are a different matter. Last year's B-wing is 1,487 pcs for $199.99, but IMO it is worth it.

I think LEGO knows that sculpture models aren't going to be able to command that type of price, but ships are a different matter. Last year's B-wing is 1,487 pcs for $199.99, but IMO it is worth it.

In addition, all pieces have a price value to them when they are making sets. R2-D2 has a lot of standard bricks while the X-Wing seems to have a lot more technic/complex pieces.

Thanks for reigniting an already quelled fire... :(

I was done with the B-Wing and thought i wouldn't need or want it but then again...

is there any news on when double VIP is going to be this spring?

I will want to not stop myself from getting the SSD

Ummm some calendar was posted. Half of march is free shipping from s@h and the other half is double VIP. I think the latter half of the month is the double points. No overlap between the two windows, sadly.

Saw those new Planet sets series 4 in store today...

I kinda dig that Hoth Snowspeeder one and the Asteroid field+Tie Bomber ...

Also, the Mini B-Wing one looks pretty good hmmm

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
Is anyone here familiar with Mechaton or Mobile Frame Zero? I've somewhat followed this and the last OT, but hadn't seen a mention of it.

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
No but I am now in love with the idea. adorable little mechs....

Exactly. The customization and all the different possibilities makes me want to spend full paychecks on legos. Unfortunately I have rent and other expenses, so I have a handful of Minifigs and a Batman set to work with. Which is to say I don't have anything useable.

I was hoping someone was a big fan of it so I could ask what a good set for pieces would be. Bricklink is rather expensive, I was going to order parts for two of the smaller MOCs I saw, but it came out to be about 20$ without shipping from two different shops.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Old set, I know, but I just had to share a couple pictures of my An Unexpected Gathering set. It's the only "big" Hobbit/LOTR set that I own, but I friggin' love it. I probably spent too much on Bricklink to get the rest of the dwarfs, but I couldn't let that hobbit hole remain so empty.

a645luf

bbmvl8j

After seeing it in this thread, I also broke down and bought a custom coat for my Bane minifigure on eBay. It improves the figure about a thousand-fold. The creator's site is http://www.eastonhome.co.uk/, but like I said, they're sold on eBay, too.

ahpzsst

And like I'm sure many Doctor Who fans have done, I also Bricklinked some Series 1 astronaut minifigures and a few skulls to make some LEGO Vashta Nerada.

arm5zzn

Ponn

Banned
Okay my laptop is up for the moment, picture time. Sorry about my crappy Vita pics but I don't have one of those fancy iphoneamigajigs you whipper snappers have.

Pristine AWD box. So far it seems the bigger sets from AWD come in best condition.

Castle with Hearse hanging out in front. The moonstone thing gave me a heck of a time, kept getting stuck. You have to make sure all the inside circle plates are pushed in as far as possible I found out.

Hey baby, whacha ya cookin...oh nevermind.

I already have some Castlevania ideas in mind. Overall definitely glad I got it, especially for the price. It went together quicker than I thought which was a little depressing. I get sad when i'm all finished with a set and its together. It looks bigger than a 900 some piece set displayed. Now I can't wait to get the Haunted House to go with it.

Hey.
Who turned out the lights?

Castle with Hearse hanging out in front. The moonstone thing gave me a heck of a time, kept getting stuck. You have to make sure all the inside circle plates are pushed in as far as possible I found out.

Wow-the Hearse is huge compared to the castle-I hadn't thought about that scale before. The castle is such a fantastic set...if I'd had it as a kid it would have gotten so much use.

Old set, I know, but I just had to share a couple pictures of my An Unexpected Gathering set. It's the only "big" Hobbit/LOTR set that I own, but I friggin' love it.

I know retailers like LEGO to come out with new stuff all the time, but is 3 months considered old for a set. I know some sets in demand will linger around for 1 year or even more though in the retail stores.

I am a big Dr. Who fan since I was a kid back when there was very little sci-fi on TV. I started with Tom Baker Dr. Who slowly lost interest after Tom Baker and stopped during Colin Baker.

I finally finished collecting Series 9. What a bitch it was tracking down rollerblade girl and the waiter.

When is Series 10 due for release?

Yes, I think 2 per box for any minifigs is too little. It starts becoming like those blind packs with rare minifigs (which I dislike).

Old set, I know, but I just had to share a couple pictures of my An Unexpected Gathering set. It's the only "big" Hobbit/LOTR set that I own, but I friggin' love it. I probably spent too much on Bricklink to get the rest of the dwarfs, but I couldn't let that hobbit hole remain so empty.

After seeing it in this thread, I also broke down and bought a custom coat for my Bane minifigure on eBay. It improves the figure about a thousand-fold. The creator's site is http://www.eastonhome.co.uk/, but like I said, they're sold on eBay, too.

And like I'm sure many Doctor Who fans have done, I also Bricklinked some Series 1 astronaut minifigures and a few skulls to make some LEGO Vashta Nerada.

I really wanted to do this but realised that there might be more Hobbit sets over the next 3 years that I like and include the dwarves missing from this set. If by the end of the three movies I don't have all of them, I will go on BrickLink.

So upon finding this thread I've realized I want to get back into lego. Been skulking around but haven't made any purchases yet. Walked around FAO Schwartz today and almost spent a million dollars haha.

R-User!

Well folks, last week was my birthday, and my wife got me my first Modular...

...Fire Brigade!!!

BWzzJX8l.jpg

Ni No Kuni too! As well as Post Office for 34.99! (50% off)

1HyEhDUl.jpg

The Chaos before the Build!!!

ZBOuo9nl.jpg

So many effing Bag "1's" and "2's".... why bother with the numbers at all? One of the pieces I needed in Manual 1 Page 5 was actually in a Bag 2............................... wth.

But this is going to be epic!!!

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
I know retailers like LEGO to come out with new stuff all the time, but is 3 months considered old for a set. I know some sets in demand will linger around for 1 year or even though in the retail stores.

I am a big Dr. Who fan since I was a kid back when there was very little sci-fi on TV. I started with Tom Baker Dr. Who slowly lost interest after Tom Baker and stopped during Colin Baker
I guess when I say "old set," I really mean that it's already been discussed in this thread quite a bit. It should definitely be around for a while longer.

The Doctor Who villain is from the recent series. Although yeah, Tom Baker is still the best.

I really wanted to do this but realised that there might be more Hobbit sets over the next 3 years that I like and include the dwarves missing from this set. If by the end of the three movies I don't have all of them, I will go on BrickLink.
I would do that, but I don't have the money (or room) to start full-on collecting Hobbit sets. I just had to get the Bag End set because, well, it's Bag End.

I was reading a review of Palace Cinema on Eurobricks and they stated that Astrid is one of the leads on the Friends line. If she is, then my respect for her just went up a LOT. If it is true, why cant her awesome choices in Friends translate as well to the modulars?

Ironmask

I was reading a review of Palace Cinema on Eurobricks and they stated that Astrid is one of the leads on the Friends line. If she is, then my respect for her just went up a LOT. If it is true, why cant her awesome choices in Friends translate as well to the modulars?

not only Friends, she works in the Creator line since 2008 and so far i loved the Cool Convertible, the Wooden Cabin (ok it's empty inside, but still...), the Transport Truck and the Digger mini-creator set.
I think she is a solid architecture type designer , not a creative type

leng jai

I don't know why you guys are so down on the Cinema Palace. The exterior is far and away the best out of any modular yet - so much so it almost looks out of place next to the rest.

Top Bottom