• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

wetwired

Perparing for a photoshoot this weekend of ecto-1 I put some decals on, I need to redo them though as they kind of wore off on one side as you can see in the first photo.

I've printed out new ones though so I should be able to fix that up, I also printed up Ecto-1 Lisence plates to go on the front and back. Hopefully the next time you see this it will be up on CUUSOO. I will add more to it, some extra siren pieces (awaiting parts) and the lights when the arrive.

Ecto1-D.jpg

Ecto1-E.jpg

Also I redid venkmans face, and here's the brick built proton pack and gun.

venkman.jpg

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Perparing for a photoshoot this weekend of ecto-1 I put some decals on, I need to redo them though as they kind of wore off on one side as you can see in the first photo.

I've printed out new ones though so I should be able to fix that up, I also printed up Ecto-1 Lisence plates to go on the front and back. Hopefully the next time you see this it will be up on CUUSOO. I will add more to it, some extra siren pieces (awaiting parts) and the lights when the arrive.

Ecto1-D.jpg

Ecto1-E.jpg

venkman.jpg

Looks great as always. Did you custom paint the minifig?

I LOVE the hair on Venkman... that really is the defining feature of his look there lol...

How'd you do it though? is that a finished, existing hairpiece or..?

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I LOVE the hair on Venkman... that really is the defining feature of his look there lol...

It looks to me like to was cut.

R-User!

Ecto1-D.jpg

Ecto1-E.jpg

venkman.jpg

Amazing work! Will there be seats for all four Ghostbusters?

Ecto1-D.jpg

Ecto1-E.jpg

venkman.jpg

I want this. Now.

not only Friends, she works in the Creator line since 2008 and so far i loved the Cool Convertible, the Wooden Cabin (ok it's empty inside, but still...), the Transport Truck and the Digger mini-creator set.
I think she is a solid architecture type designer , not a creative type

Funny, because I think her strength lies in the creative aspect instead of the architecture. If she is really that involved with Friends, then little details and whatnot are what make those sets so neat. Her architecture does look good, but is a bit "less than" some of the other guys. Maybe it is just that she needs to do freaky building techniques more.

I don't know why you guys are so down on the Cinema Palace. The exterior is far and away the best out of any modular yet - so much so it almost looks out of place next to the rest.

It looks fantastic. It truly does. But as a build, it is below many of the others.

And I still think Grand Emporium is the best looking one on the exterior. :)

Ecto1-D.jpg

Ecto1-E.jpg

venkman.jpg

WOW. Ecto-1 looks so much better now. Adding the red line and refining the fin made a world of difference. And DAT PROTON PACK!

Does anyone have a neat idea for placing a stud downwards from a ceiling, so I can attach a minifig to it (think Spiderman)? Having it fairly well hidden would be a plus, and I can rebuild the ceiling a bit if necessary.

Does anyone have a neat idea for placing a stud downwards from a ceiling, so I can attach a minifig to it (think Spiderman)? Having it fairly well hidden would be a plus, and I can rebuild the ceiling a bit if necessary.

I just pictured a decent one in my head. Give me a few hours, when i get done with classes i should be able to get a picture.

But use the 1x1 cube pieces with a side hole on them that is used for like holding cameras and stuff in Arkham Breakout or the windows. That connects to the bottom of the ceiling or whatever and makes the absolute lowest level of the actual ceiling. Then put a technic piece onto the side hole, so that the technic holes go up/down, and then see if you have any technic hole plugs that have a single circle stud on the end and plug it so that the covered end faces down into the room.

That was a terrible explanation, but like i said, give me a few hours and i'll take a crack at it when i get done with classes.

Not the ones that go on stems, but the ones you can stack. Like Pet Shop and Town Hall have. I think it should work. I need to try it.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=229

Looks like standard female connection on bottom and male on top from what I can see.

However, if I replace a 2x1 brick in the ceiling with a http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2921, maybe I can tread the flower onto it. Or maybe at that point there are smoother solutions.

No, wait, I think I've got it.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Some resellers got there not long after me and cleaned it out, but it looks like Kmart is having a 50% off clearance toy sale this week. I managed to get there early and got the regular X-Wing, LotR Weathertop, some sort of police truck/base thing and a Chinook-like helicopter each for $23-25. The best part of my haul though was the Battle of Helm's Deep for just under $50, though I was told this wasn't normally carried in most stores but had been returned from an online order, so I doubt that one will be in many stores, if any. Clearance may vary from store to store, and resellers might also have cleaned out other stores, but it might be worthwhile to take a look.

Ironmask

Funny, because I think her strength lies in the creative aspect instead of the architecture. If she is really that involved with Friends, then little details and whatnot are what make those sets so neat. Her architecture does look good, but is a bit "less than" some of the other guys. Maybe it is just that she needs to do freaky building techniques more.

This is what i was trying to say, her building techniques are linear and straight to the point, but she knows all of them. She doesn't do fancy things with standard pieces (like in the mini-modulars and how they used the white 1-1 plate with tooth)

wetwired

Looks great as always. Did you custom paint the minifig?

Not painted, using water slide decals (you just design them on your PC and print them out) I also designed the face. I've done a rick moranis as the keymaster too but I've yet to do the body.

It's one of these painstakingly filed down to form the shape and then polished to get it's shine back.

3901.jpg

Amazing work! Will there be seats for all four Ghostbusters?

No unfortunately, to retain the nice curves on the sides and the way I've made the windows means I can't access the interior. I'll be taking advantage of that though and all the wiring and battery for the working lights will go in there when they arrive.

Crazy work Wetwired!

Tires seem too small to me though. :/

I have some on the way that are my last resort, hopefully they should arrive today or tomorrow, if they don't work though I'm kinda screwed.

Some resellers got there not long after me and cleaned it out, but it looks like Kmart is having a 50% off clearance toy sale this week. I managed to get there early and got the regular X-Wing, LotR Weathertop, some sort of police truck/base thing and a Chinook-like helicopter each for $23-25. The best part of my haul though was the Battle of Helm's Deep for just under $50, though I was told this wasn't normally carried in most stores but had been returned from an online order, so I doubt that one will be in many stores, if any. Clearance may vary from store to store, and resellers might also have cleaned out other stores, but it might be worthwhile to take a look.

Made a special trip there after class to find that the sale was confined to a small two-cart rack of toys. Mostly beyblades and board games. The only lego-related stuff there were the small $8 friends sets. I wasn't really interested in that so meh. Oh well.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Made a special trip there after class to find that the sale was confined to a small two-cart rack of toys. Mostly beyblades and board games. The only lego-related stuff there were the small $8 friends sets. I wasn't really interested in that so meh. Oh well.

As always, if you have time try to price check things if there's a scanner nearby, particularly if you find some stray sets that aren't with the rest of the Lego stuff.

Philia

I said wow at Hogwarts. That's... just so inspirational and I really loved that she just learned how to love Lego from her own son's building things.

As always, if you have time try to price check things if there's a scanner nearby, particularly if you find some stray sets that aren't with the rest of the Lego stuff.

There was two racks of beyblades and board games right at the entrance, and when we walked over to the toy area nothing stuck out. There was a long aisle filled with lego stuff, but nothing was marked lower than MSRP.

I haven't been in a kmart in years, so I wasn't sure how it all worked so I just decided to leave instead of asking for someone to come over and scan every single thing there.

They did have a wider selection than either the Walmart or Target in my town though. Lots of lord of the rings and star wars stuff, Walmart and Target are both just full of Chima stuff.

The sale is through the rest of the week, right? I might go back later, not sure yet.

Heads up guys! Target has an exclusive 2-disk Blu-ray set for The Hobbit ($24.99, March 19) that comes with an exclusive Bilbo figure! (Look at that dapper clothing!)

H5EijQ1.jpg

Sure it's not the Extended Edition, but that printing is amazing!

Well, now I know where I am getting The Hobbit. Even if it winds up being more expensive than other places, that exclusive figure compensates.

I will be sure to get there early though, as many time exclusives like that disappear quickly. Just look at Game of Thrones.

Toppot said:

Dem legs holding up the wall!

DJ_Lae

That Hogwarts is nuts. I'd love to get a chance to poke around it.

Love the whomping willow on the exterior, complete with flying car in it.

R-User!

Well, now I know where I am getting The Hobbit. Even if it winds up being more expensive than other places, that exclusive figure compensates.

I will be sure to get there early though, as many time exclusives like that disappear quickly. Just look at Game of Thrones.

Dem legs holding up the wall!

Did you see Jar Jar in the background there? Wth?!

That's one thing I love about LEGO - you can take it as far as your imagination (and budget) allows.

And patience.

Also, on the way home from work I stopped and got 5 more series 9 figures. My sack fondling skills were great tonight. I successfully felt up a Chicken Suit Guy, Roller Girl, and three Knights. I was wanting to increase my number of Knights and Chicken Suits. And I wanted more roller skates.

That Hogwarts is nuts. I'd love to get a chance to poke around it.

Love the whomping willow on the exterior, complete with flying car in it.

Ya, she has so many iconic scenes from the movies in there. You can tell she got a lot of inspiration from the LEGO Harry Potter games.

Did you see Jar Jar in the background there? Wth?!

Love it. She using it as one of the many skulls and artifacts that you would see in the DADA classroom.

Dr8wC5f.jpg

Top Bottom