• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Darn, I've barely seen any Lego sets on clearance at Walmart...any idea the list of sets that are on clearance?

From my experience Walmart clearance are usually depends on the stores. I have one locally here that hardly ever put anything on clearance, if they do they are barely discounted. So it's YMMV type of things.

I am going to stop at Kmart today but I don't have high hope for it.

Selling the last of my stuff. Getting out of the collecting game and just going to observe from the sidelines. I have the Death Star CIB, the Rancor/Palace Set combined, the newest Millenium Falcon, and two MOC's, and the New Sand Barge with the Sarlacc pit. Also a wide variety of minifigs, mostly licensed. I'll throw em up on eBay but wanted to give takers a chance here first.

Tempting since it is OOP, but nah. I want the set a little bit, but not full on lust. Thank you though.

No problem. I bought the extra one right before it went OOP to trade up to a larger set.

Selling the last of my stuff. Getting out of the collecting game and just going to observe from the sidelines. I have the Death Star CIB, the Rancor/Palace Set combined, the newest Millenium Falcon, and two MOC's. Also a wide variety of minifigs, mostly licensed. I'll throw em up on eBay but wanted to give takers a chance here first.

How much would the Death Star cost me shipped to MI?

Selling the last of my stuff. Getting out of the collecting game and just going to observe from the sidelines. I have the Death Star CIB, the Rancor/Palace Set combined, the newest Millenium Falcon, and two MOC's. Also a wide variety of minifigs, mostly licensed. I'll throw em up on eBay but wanted to give takers a chance here first.

What mini figs have you got?

I haven't inventoried yet as they are all hanging out on the death star. I have about an extra 30 Stormtroppers and various Death Star figs to outfit it and tons of others I'll post an update in a bit.

Sweet as. I would probably be interested in some Stormtroopers.

I haven't inventoried yet as they are all hanging out on the death star. I have about an extra 30 Stormtroppers and various Death Star figs to outfit it and tons of others I'll post an update in a bit.

Would you ship internationally?! I'd probably be interested in the minifigs.

Don't trust the Merc with the Mouth!
Only kidding of course

You know Wade always makes good on his word.

You're in Oz yeah? Worst comes to worst we can pool ours together if we get some.

Yup. Could work out better too.

While we're on the topic on AU+LEGO, not sure if you know but OzGameShop are doing LEGO now. Small selection, but the 9525 set (Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter) I have been chasing cost me $64.99 with free shipping. A damn sight cheaper than the $89.99 they ask at retail here. Plus you earn your regular voucher points, so I'll get $5 off here and there.

And then blaming it on Wolverine.

image.php

Alright here are the extras. Not quite what I thought I had but still plentiful:

The Star Wars Lot has the two desert troopers from the Android Escape set not shown, and two of the STormtroopers will not come with helmets.

The Death Star is on hold for now as well. The MOC of the Hulk #181 cover is the MOC being sold just as a heads up.

neonglow

Walmart has a bunch of polybags for Easter. Everything is $3.97 except the Galaxy Squad mech that's $3.47. It's a cheap way to get Gandalf or a Chima figure.

Alright here are the extras. Not quite what I thought I had but still plentiful:

The Star Wars Lot has the two desert troopers from the Android Escape set not shown, and two of the STormtroopers will not come with helmets.

What sort of dollars you thinking?

I'll put a tentative hold on the two desert troopers, Royal Guard, Deadpool, Magneto and Hulk.

And I might grab whatever's left after Jables has taken his pick of the Stormtroopers.

The Death Star is on hold for now as well. The MOC of the Hulk #181 cover is the MOC being sold just as a heads up.

PM sent. :)

A bigger pic of Series 10 for those who want to see more details! But I think if you click this pic or the other posters, than it links to a high res pic of the figs... :)

Fdofzxbl.jpg

Edit: I didn't know that if you clicked on a quoted image that you would be able to toggle between the original size image temporarily then back to the quoted size if you click it again! Mind Blown!
So if you want those details, click RichardAM's quoted image for MASSIVE DETAIL! :)

I really want that Roman general

During the Fire Brigade build I was missing a piece, and it was the grey version of this piece! (Used under te inverted radiators around the roof). I contacted LEGO for a replacement but they sent me the wrong kind. I can't remember if I needed no lip, or wanted a lip but they sent me the opposite. Completely inconsequential but annoying.

While we are complaining I really wish the Grand Emporium's baseplate didn't bend up at the corner.

wait, so are you saying those 2 are actually 2 DIFFERENT kinds of existing pieces then? They're not just screwed up pieces? Because i've been noticing a lot of these recently myself and thought it was just Lego's QC slipping again...

What sort of dollars you thinking?

I'll put a tentative hold on the two desert troopers, Royal Guard, Deadpool, Magneto and Hulk.

And I might grab whatever's left after Jables has taken his pick of the Stormtroopers.

I've got a hold on Lizard Guy and 2 Stormtroopers. Depended on what the shipping rates are, so if they aren't too bad then I'll go in with you mate.

Selling the last of my stuff. Getting out of the collecting game and just going to observe from the sidelines. I have the Death Star CIB, the Rancor/Palace Set combined, the newest Millenium Falcon, and two MOC's, and the New Sand Barge with the Sarlacc pit. Also a wide variety of minifigs, mostly licensed. I'll throw em up on eBay but wanted to give takers a chance here first.

I might be interest in the Falcon and may be the Rancor and Palace. If you can PM me the price and shipping (US).

I could get Mines of Moria for a decent price right now...

Kinda torn, i like the troll and Gimli and Boromir... but those TONS of stickers are kinda annoying me, plus it looks to be more of a playset than a display scene (especially if you don't apply the stickers like me) any other redeeming factors here?

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
During the Fire Brigade build I was missing a piece, and it was the grey version of this piece! (Used under te inverted radiators around the roof). I contacted LEGO for a replacement but they sent me the wrong kind. I can't remember if I needed no lip, or wanted a lip but they sent me the opposite. Completely inconsequential but annoying.

I've sent them a customer service mail, including the pics. I'm assuming one kind of tile replaced the other - they are the same part, but different batches going by the numbers printed on them. If they do send anything, hopefully they will send enough to make up either number.

I can appreciate why colour variance, etc might change and have never really had a problem with it, or experienced a major issue. This is the first time the clearly very different manufacturing methods has created something that impacts a set's aesthetics.

Hero

I'd be interested in a couple of Stormtroopers. :D

Ponn

Banned

Kinda torn, i like the troll and Gimli and Boromir... but those TONS of stickers are kinda annoying me, plus it looks to be more of a playset than a display scene (especially if you don't apply the stickers like me) any other redeeming factors here?

Dont have it but i feel im giving up on LoTR sets, they are either playsets or rocky grey walls with mini figs. Have Helms Deep, Shelob, Gandalf and extra wall set. The only thing im getting further from it is Orthanc and that small wizard battle set. I do reserve the right to change my mind if there is an awesome Smaug set. Mines of Moria was an easy skip because of the disjointed sections, basically pieces of a wall and doors. I would be buying it just for the figs.

Im concentrating on finishing up my Monster Fighter sets (Ghost Train and HH left, skipping scientist set) and diving into a nice Batman Arkham display after that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Lego sent me the wrong alien as a replacement (I need the face hugger, but I got the minifig head).

Unfortunately I put the little bag it came is somewhere so I have to unbury it before I send it back.

chidrock

I get really annoyed by stickers too, but for some reason that set didn't bother me too much when I put it together. When all was said and done I had Boromir and the Cave troll, and a decent looking set. I'd display this one over Weathertop if I had to choose. It looks better in person than the pics. I should also mention that I didn't have Gimli at the time, so that figure added to how much I liked it. (his figure is one of the best LOTR minifigs)

R-User!

I get really annoyed by stickers too, but for some reason that set didn't bother me too much when I put it together. When all was said and done I had Boromir and the Cave troll, and a decent looking set. I'd display this one over Weathertop if I had to choose. It looks better in person than the pics. I should also mention that I didn't have Gimli at the time, so that figure added to how much I liked it. (his figure is one of the best LOTR minifigs)

Did you use all the stickers? If so, would you use them again if you had to do it over? I have the set but haven't gotten around to it after the holidays, so that's why I'm asking.

niiiiiice and really catching the feeling of the movie. That should learn everybody that sometimes you don't need a big amount of bricks to produce an impressive scenario.

Thanks, it really should have been a lot better than this though, the vision i had in mind was a lot DARKER and the slope (it is a slope yes) really doesn't come through right here, as the RingWraith is supposed to stand on a little hilltop...

Unfortunately i am still learning the ins and outs of my camera so i had to give some additional lighting for it to not get TOO grainy :(

That is great Flix... missed the boat on this one and i won't spend over 150 for a new sealed set nowadays so i guess that's just too bad, but it does look like an awesome set!!

Top Bottom