• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

I could get Mines of Moria for a decent price right now...

Kinda torn, i like the troll and Gimli and Boromir... but those TONS of stickers are kinda annoying me, plus it looks to be more of a playset than a display scene (especially if you don't apply the stickers like me) any other redeeming factors here?

You had me at Cave Troll.

If you do a lot of stone, castle, or other type of MOCs there's lots of bley. I like the olive green orcs the best of all the different types. It is more of a playset, but if you have a LOT of extra grey pieces you can expand it to a better display MOC. If you don't care for more bley, wait it out for a better deal and don't worry if you miss out.

R-User!

Just got this in the post,
used (built once, and sold) from ebay for 105€ including postage, I can live with that :D

Your in for a treat: Doz Rockets! I'm actually moving mine today from the end of the kitchen counter overhang into the bedroom to be the centerpiece of my three shelf bookcase/night stand.

My Shuttle will experience a countdown and landing before it settles into its final display place!

yea I missed it last year because there was just so much going on, especially once moving and changing jobs was in the cards. but at 5€ over RRP, I can rest happily, just finished disassembling it all. will check all the pieces are there tomorrow and build it over the weekend :D

iuuk

It's a great build, but it kind of disappointed me as a display piece to be honest. Maybe it is because I compared it to the Imperial Flagship and Volkswagen Camper Van, but it seemed to be missing something.
The build and swooshability are great though, and the wheels are a lot of fun to play with.

€105 is a great price as well. I sold mine for 130 to finance the Robbie House.

l6tirQo.jpg

Minifig-compatible!

Welp, that does it. Purchase confirmed. And luckily I made my seX-wing into Red Six for Porkins. So I have a fully ready Luke Skywalker!

I'd possibly be interested in electric suit batman, but that seems like it has already been taken. What set did you get that one in?

Anyway, heading back to KMart today. I was there earlier this week when people were posting about the sale, but I didn't see anything. Any tips on what to look for? There are wall scanners there, right? Should I just take every set I am interested in and scan it?

I could get Mines of Moria for a decent price right now...

Kinda torn, i like the troll and Gimli and Boromir... but those TONS of stickers are kinda annoying me, plus it looks to be more of a playset than a display scene (especially if you don't apply the stickers like me) any other redeeming factors here?

I'd possibly be interested in electric suit batman, but that seems like it has already been taken. What set did you get that one in?

Anyway, heading back to KMart today. I was there earlier this week when people were posting about the sale, but I didn't see anything. Any tips on what to look for? There are wall scanners there, right? Should I just take every set I am interested in and scan it?

One of those LEGO encyclopedias/dictionaries. You'd be surprised that on eBay some of those exclusive figs go for more than the actual book with the minifig from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Batman-Visual-Dictionary-Universe/dp/0756697875

51XgpDr1RyL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

chidrock

Did you use all the stickers? If so, would you use them again if you had to do it over? I have the set but haven't gotten around to it after the holidays, so that's why I'm asking.

Yes to both; I used all of the stickers and would do it again. Most of them are the clear kind with the designs, and they don't really stand out as much as being stickers IMO. I didn't really sit there and stare at them though. But between the figures and the color of the set I would recommend it (the wood doors and the greys go together well), especially if you like that scene in the movies.

chidrock

Alright here are the extras. Not quite what I thought I had but still plentiful:

The Star Wars Lot has the two desert troopers from the Android Escape set not shown, and two of the STormtroopers will not come with helmets.

The Death Star is on hold for now as well. The MOC of the Hulk #181 cover is the MOC being sold just as a heads up.

I know they're probably all spoken for, but can you pm me the price on any of the story troopers or imperials that you have left? I'd take the rest depending on the price...

Vyer

Damn, the next LEGO Star Wars release won't be blu ray, only DVD. That sucks, not that my son will care. But I stopped buying DVDs two years ago. :(

DinnerRevealer

Neo Member
Looks like they have a lot for older sets. I was hoping for .pdf's, but that's great, thanks. Also for anyone else looking for instructions, try Lego first, they seem to have instructions for sets pre-2002, but it's spotty.

ghostmind

Looks like the Clone Wars show will return, with Tim Curry signing on as Palpatine (since the previous voice-actor died - not Ian McDiarmid).

So I guess we'll see more CW sets after this year, albeit in a reduced focus IMO.

Looks like the Clone Wars show will return, with Tim Curry signing on as Palpatine (since the previous voice-actor died - not Ian McDiarmid).

So I guess we'll see more CW sets after this year, albeit in a reduced focus IMO.

Well, there still hasn't been any confirmation for Season 6. I hope it goes on, Lego sets or not, the TV show must go on!

Last week Toys R Us had a sale, Buy Metal Gear Rising and Crysis 3 and get a $40 gift card. My girlfriend "returned" Crysis to Wal Mart for store credit, which I'll either use for more Lego or another game completely. Today I went back to Toys R Us and priced matched with their website to get the 9497 Republic Striker-class Starfighter down to its normal price and used my gift card on it making it a $4 purchase, completing my Old Republic sets.

Disassembled most of my Corner Florist MOC. I needed parts to keep going with the BrickMAX Cinema. I have started on the second floor. All there is so far is the wall extending up some more and a few more speakers in the auditorium. No front details yet. Hope to put a dent in some more extreme detail later this weekend.

This thing will probably be shorter than other modular buildings, but it compensates for height with sheer volume. The plate is 48x48. The building itself is going to be 40x48. The auditorium alone is 32x40. It didnt really sink in how big this thing was until I put another modular down next to it. I have no clue where I am going to display this when done.

Interior of the auditorium is coming along. More speakers along the walls, going all the way to the back.

Speakers along the back of the auditorium. The window for the projector is in place now.

Fixed the exterior box office by adding an awning. It is not as boring anymore.

To give you an idea of the size of this beast, that is Palace Cinema next to it.

I really need to figure out some nice detail for the front of the second floor. The ground floor looks so bare and lame with all the white, but I dont know what else to do for decoration outside of posters and a box office. I have an idea for an elaborate sign to take almost the entire front of the second floor though. Hopefully I can pull it off.

Star Wars Series 3 planets are now available from S@H.

Been waiting for these! Wondering when they will be available through Amazon or other retailers?

Any suggestions on which of the modular sets to start with guys? I am in a toss up between that GE and the Palace Cinema!

Ponn

Banned
The Lannister's hair isn't blonde enough.

They don't spend enough time developing Arya's story in the instructions.

Margaery's boobs are too perfect dammnit! Wait, dont see how that could translate to a minifig. Unless...

“Introducing for the first time ever with the Game of Thrones lego line. The new Boob Brick! Saline filled, not silicone for child safety.”

To give you an idea of the size of this beast, that is Palace Cinema next to it.

I really need to figure out some nice detail for the front of the second floor. The ground floor looks so bare and lame with all the white, but I dont know what else to do for decoration outside of posters and a box office. I have an idea for an elaborate sign to take almost the entire front of the second floor though. Hopefully I can pull it off.

Impressive it is. That's a lot of LEGO to make the modular look small.

wetwired

So I've submitted my Ghostbusters to CUUSOO, it's under review atm so hopefully it'll be up soon. I want to add more to it when those few pieces turn up and the real lights (I'll likely do a video) but here's a sneak peak of what I've got up there so far. Also note, bigger wheels!

title.jpg

Ecto1.jpg

back1.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Top Bottom