• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

I just picked up Pet Shop...looking forward to seeing what it is about the build that puts it at the top of so many of your modular lists. Now I just have the cinema to get for the "in-print" modulars.

The SW polybag March Promo looks a bit lame.

The girl at the LEGO store shared some interesting info about the golden s10 figures...apparently Lego makes approximately ~2,000,000 minifigs for each series (125,000 of each) and there will be about 4-5k of the golden figures worldwide. She said she'd be surprised if more than 2-3 made it to Toronto. No idea on the veracity of these claims obviously.

So I've submitted my Ghostbusters to CUUSOO, it's under review atm so hopefully it'll be up soon. I want to add more to it when those few pieces turn up and the real lights (I'll likely do a video) but here's a sneak peak of what I've got up there so far. Also note, bigger wheels!

title.jpg

Ecto1.jpg

back1.jpg
awesome, love how you used the jack hammer :D

neonglow

So I've submitted my Ghostbusters to CUUSOO, it's under review atm so hopefully it'll be up soon. I want to add more to it when those few pieces turn up and the real lights (I'll likely do a video) but here's a sneak peak of what I've got up there so far. Also note, bigger wheels!

title.jpg

Ecto1.jpg

back1.jpg

That looks like a production Lego set! I'll give you a vote when it's up.

voting for this one is a no-brainer Wetwired...

This would also be one set i'd gladly apply the stickers for, as the Ghostbusters logo is one of my all-time favorites ;)

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
voting for this one is a no-brainer Wetwired...

This would also be one set i'd gladly apply the stickers for, as the Ghostbusters logo is one of my all-time favorites ;)

Yup, Sign me up as well.

kms_md

title.jpg

Ecto1.jpg

back1.jpg

You can count on my vote as well.

FillerB

[IMG ]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2610740/Lego/title.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG ]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2610740/Lego/Ecto1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG ]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2610740/Lego/back1.jpg[/IMG]

Want. I hope its going to be up soon because I need to vote so bad.

On a sidenote:

I know that in the US, Planet series 3 are out now and i guess they're fine for PT fans or something, but over here Planet series 4 are out and boy, some of these look AMAZING to me!

If you're an OT fan like me, look forward to the Hoth+Snowspeeder, Endor+B-Wing(+exclusive B-Wing pilot minifig), and Alderaan+Tantive IV (love the look of the planet here)

can't wait to grab those personally, to me these look like they're easily among the best planet sets released so far ( i only got the X-Wing and AT-ST ones so far)

I just picked up Pet Shop...looking forward to seeing what it is about the build that puts it at the top of so many of your modular lists. Now I just have the cinema to get for the "in-print" modulars.

The SW polybag March Promo looks a bit lame.

The girl at the LEGO store shared some interesting info about the golden s10 figures...apparently Lego makes approximately ~2,000,000 minifigs for each series (125,000 of each) and there will be about 4-5k of the golden figures worldwide. She said she'd be surprised if more than 2-3 made it to Toronto. No idea on the veracity of these claims obviously.

Please check my math/logic.

2,000,000 minfigs / 60 minifigs in a box = 33333.33 Boxes
33333.33 boxes / 5000 gold minfig = 6.67 boxes for every gold minfig

So there should be 1 gold minifig per every ~7 boxes based on that number. Just need to adjust the 2million number which is that unknown value.

for 3,000,000 it's 1 gold minifig per every 10 boxes.

This is just the probability so you can buy 20 boxes and still may not get a gold minifig.

Edit:

Based on only 250 comicon minifig exclusives each were made last last year, I'd find it hard that the gold CMF would command a higher price being 20x more plentiful. Unless the hat was made with real gold. Who knows. They will be worth a good chunk o' change though, just not worth buying truckloads of boxes to get a few.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
The new wheels make Ecto-1 look a million times better! Well done!

Can you actually fit the figures in there? Is there stuff inside?

What sort of dollars you thinking?

I'll put a tentative hold on the two desert troopers, Royal Guard, Deadpool, Magneto and Hulk.

And I might grab whatever's left after Jables has taken his pick of the Stormtroopers.

On a sidenote:

I know that in the US, Planet series 3 are out now and i guess they're fine for PT fans or something, but over here Planet series 4 are out and boy, some of these look AMAZING to me!

If you're an OT fan like me, look forward to the Hoth+Snowspeeder, Endor+B-Wing(+exclusive B-Wing pilot minifig), and Alderaan+Tantive IV (love the look of the planet here)

can't wait to grab those personally, to me these look like they're easily among the best planet sets released so far ( i only got the X-Wing and AT-ST ones so far)

I can not wait to get series 4 planets. Snowspeeder and B-Wing look great.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is the B-Wing worth buying? I'll probably get the re-release UCS X-Wing that's coming soon, but I was browsing S@H and forgot all about that set. I seem to remember folks saying it was relatively forgettable?

Subitai

title.jpg
Is that the Harry Potter face for Egon? lol

Anyway, you have my vote!

Some people are so damned good at micro builds.

LOL maybe so but as good as they are sometimes i am bad at detecting what it IS they are trying to depict!

When told, i can appreciate it though ;)

I mean for now this looks like Orthanc on the beach to me?

edit: ohhhhh wait wait... The scene where Orthanc gets flooded which means...those guys are ENTS??? and the tooth is actually Saruman then!

See? i now find this MOC GREAT :)

wetwired

Supported! Just some advice - you should include the car in the background of the main banner, because it's fantastic and some people (like me) are more excited about vehicles than minifigs.

And who scrolls down in 2013? :p

Yeah I did try but it was past midnight and I couldn't manage to compose a shot that looked good and fit it in, I will keep trying though

Looking over at Cuusoo it's weird what things get supported over some others. I've seen at least one better design for the BttF Delorean with far less supporters. Odd.

notsol337

marked forever
I just ordered the Sopwith Camel off lego.com. I also need to get off my lazy ass and post all the Star Wars sets I've accumulated with my roommate.

wetwired

So I posted the ghostbusters stuff on a ghostbusters forum I've been frequenting and the admin there was getting a bit pissy with me because they've been promoting the one that's got 3000 or so votes and he suggested I contact that creator of that one and work together to reach 10000 faster (suggesting I let that guy use my pics and work)

So I posted the ghostbusters stuff on a ghostbusters forum I've been frequenting and the admin there was getting a bit pissy with me because they've been promoting the one that's got 3000 or so votes and he suggested I contact that creator of that one and work together to reach 10000 faster (suggesting I let that guy use my pics and work)
Fuck that noise. Now if you and the other guy actually collaborated and made a joint model, or used your car but his figures or something, that would be something. But to suggest to use your work be credited to someone else is bullshit.

Edit: I really need to figure out something cool to make to put on cuusoo. Your work is so awesome and makes me want to try sets like that.

I saw that comment on CUUSOO. F that, dude. That guy is still a long ways away from 10000. Why can't you submit your own too? This is turning me off from CUUSOO a bit.

I saw that comment on CUUSOO. F that, dude. That guy is still a long ways away from 10000. Why can't you submit your own too? This is turning me off from CUUSOO a bit.
Was it CUUSOO themselves that suggested it, or people that voted for the other model.

All it is saying is that Wetwired's model is better, which it is. Have you commented on theirs about how Wetwired's is up for review?

Edit: Nevermind. No poaching or linking in comments. My bad.

Top Bottom