• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

R-User!

Another thought about your Ghostbusters Cuusoo:

The only reason that I noticed this is because I like to check your projects progress every couple of days, and when I checked it tonight, I noticed an odd occurence that I hadn't before...

I noticed that your Ecto-1 isn't in your main picture that shows up when you search for "ghostbusters" from the Homepage for Cuusoo's site, and it seems to have the full image cropped so that the words 30th Anniversary only show up as:

half of the letter "G" then "HOSTBUSTER" then half of the letter "S" --below that it looks like this:
almost all of the "3" missing then, "0 TH ANNIVERSAR" with the "Y" half missing as well.

Do you think that it would be hard to resize the font to be a bit smaller, so that all of the text fits into Lego Cuusoo's Cropped Preview Box? Just a thought.

I also wonder if people first saw your Ecto-1 in as full an image as possible (or in the background behind the Ghostbusters characters) in that initial picture that maybe they would be more inclined to click into it to check out all of your premise for your 30TH Anniversary Set! I'm just hoping that people aren't deciding not to click on your Cuusoo Ghostbusters Project just because they "only" see the four Ghostbusters characters in the Thumbnail, and falsely assume that your project is nothing more than just the 4 Main Characters. And your characters look fantastic, but I just wonder if showing Ecto first might entice them a bit more! :)

I hope you don't think that I'm being too hands on/pushy with any of my advice. I genuinely want to see your project get to 10,000, and especially before the other project from those other people who treated you ridiculously gets to 10k!!!

Anyway, I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds, and if you leave it as it is now, then no worries bro! :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Work on the Fire Brigade has begun! I'm only just getting the groundwork done on the first floor, but so far, I'm impressed. There is a lot of very intricate detailing that's already showing through at the early stages. Looking very forward to the second floor!

Work on the Fire Brigade has begun! I'm only just getting the groundwork done on the first floor, but so far, I'm impressed. There is a lot of very intricate detailing that's already showing through at the early stages. Looking very forward to the second floor!

35143894.jpg

BAH! Why can Doom not find a seat on opening night?

HULK SO EXCITED FOR MOVIE TO START!

I would have one more full crowd shot of all the seats at the cinema filled, and with a naughty easter egg in there, but IMGUR is being a little bastard tonight. I have tried uploading the last pic four times and it keeps giving me errors. Urgh.

leng jai

Just finished building the Palace Cinema. Hands down the best exterior of all the modulars by far, so much so that it almost looks out of place next to the rest of them. Still not really liking the limo as the shape just seems strange to me. Like everyone said the stickers are no problem and look fantastic.

I am pretending his glasses broke.

EDIT: Imgur finally decided to work.

The auditorium at full capacity. With a naughty easter egg in there for people to find. As I was putting it in my wife had to make sure she wasn't imagining it. Yes, I am immature.

Looks like Spidey is about to "shot web"... if you know what I'm sayin'. ;)

I was told by my wife to wait on the town hall set (Perhaps b-day present). Also, I may bricklink a fig or two out of arkham asylum to make back a little bit. Never thought I would spend so much, but I'm sure there are people much worse! :p

Loving the modular sets so far. Started palace cinema. Im also changing my office/lego room around a bit so I will take some photos when completed!

wetwired

Another thought about your Ghostbusters Cuusoo:

The only reason that I noticed this is because I like to check your projects progress every couple of days, and when I checked it tonight, I noticed an odd occurence that I hadn't before...

I noticed that your Ecto-1 isn't in your main picture that shows up when you search for "ghostbusters" from the Homepage for Cuusoo's site, and it seems to have the full image cropped so that the words 30th Anniversary only show up as:

half of the letter "G" then "HOSTBUSTER" then half of the letter "S" --below that it looks like this:
almost all of the "3" missing then, "0 TH ANNIVERSAR" with the "Y" half missing as well.

Do you think that it would be hard to resize the font to be a bit smaller, so that all of the text fits into Lego Cuusoo's Cropped Preview Box? Just a thought.

I also wonder if people first saw your Ecto-1 in as full an image as possible (or in the background behind the Ghostbusters characters) in that initial picture that maybe they would be more inclined to click into it to check out all of your premise for your 30TH Anniversary Set! I'm just hoping that people aren't deciding not to click on your Cuusoo Ghostbusters Project just because they "only" see the four Ghostbusters characters in the Thumbnail, and falsely assume that your project is nothing more than just the 4 Main Characters. And your characters look fantastic, but I just wonder if showing Ecto first might entice them a bit more! :)

I hope you don't think that I'm being too hands on/pushy with any of my advice. I genuinely want to see your project get to 10,000, and especially before the other project from those other people who treated you ridiculously gets to 10k!!!

Anyway, I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds, and if you leave it as it is now, then no worries bro! :)
By no means your feedback is much appreciated. I should be able to resize the text to fit the cropped version fairly easily.

I did initially try to fit ecto 1 into the main image but I wasn't having much luck with making it look good with the text, minifigs and I'm vehicle. Partner the problem was I only had enough pieces to make one proton pack at a time. I had to take photos of them individually individually with the packs on. The parts to make all 4 showed up this week though so I should hopefully be able to take one single photo with all the minifigs and ecto 1 together.

On top of that I got back from my local lego group meeting tonight with enough prices to build one side of the firehouse so I will be able to take photos of that looking complete (but it won't be) as well, potentially having one photo with the building, characters and ecto 1 together.

It's certainly not Mary Jane. : )

Great job by the way PhoncipleBone, I love all the different Mini-figures in one gathering place. (Though, I find your lack of Stormtrooper disturbing!)

All the Star Wars figures are hanging out on the Death Star. Right now my Snowtroopers are about to be crushed by the trash compactor.

Cleopatra.

Yup. :) I almost put the Black Widow figure down there as well.

I still need to finish the interior detail on the second floor of the building, and to redo all the posters to a different size. And I am still brainstorming how to use the pieces I have to make letters on the front of the building. But putting the figures in the seating definitely made the theater come alive. :)

R-User!

By no means your feedback is much appreciated. I should be able to resize the text to fit the cropped version fairly easily.

I did initially try to fit ecto 1 into the main image but I wasn't having much luck with making it look good with the text, minifigs and I'm vehicle. Partner the problem was I only had enough pieces to make one proton pack at a time. I had to take photos of them individually individually with the packs on. The parts to make all 4 showed up this week though so I should hopefully be able to take one single photo with all the minifigs and ecto 1 together.

On top of that I got back from my local lego group meeting tonight with enough prices to build one side of the firehouse so I will be able to take photos of that looking complete (but it won't be) as well, potentially having one photo with the building, characters and ecto 1 together.

Cool!

I never paid attention to the pic that shows during search before, but now it shows all the mini figs and the logo. I think Ecto-1 being the main pic, much like your Tumbler is the main image of that project, might get more attention.

Also, have you looked into social media to try and get this made? Like sending a link to Dan Aykroyd's twitter? I dont know how open he is to this type of stuff, but I just remember the Shaun of the Dead set exploding once Pegg, Wright, and Frost got on it.

Nitemare1

Just took my first step from casual builder to full on Lego addict.
Grand Emporium, Palace Cinema, and The VW Camper should be here end of next week! :-/

Rhaegar

Spent a day at Legoland California this week- very impressive, especially Miniland. Even my wife was amazed at the city layouts. Would have liked a little more licensed theme merchandise and models though.

Also saw the new Iron Man 3 sets at their store. Was contemplating holding off on this wave, but now I know I'll be picking these up as well. Every time I get close to completing the Super Heroes line, they keep putting out new sets and moving the goalposts on me!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Grand Emporium, Palace Cinema, and The VW Camper should be here end of next week! :-/

A+ pickup!

Bone (and others) - do you prefer the orange brick separater to the old green one? I had a pile of both as well, and I really prefer the orange one holy cow.

O_O You don't mess around. I wish I could buy stock in LEGO.

Spent a day at Legoland California this week- very impressive, especially Miniland. Even my wife was amazed at the city layouts. Would have liked a little more licensed theme merchandise and models though.

Also saw the new Iron Man 3 sets at their store. Was contemplating holding off on this wave, but now I know I'll be picking these up as well. Every time I get close to completing the Super Heroes line, they keep putting out new sets and moving the goalposts on me!

You will never score. Expect at least 5 years of trying to reach the goalposts. If it's anything like Star Wars, at least 15 years.

oXiMRGw.jpg

I like the size of the older one better, but the newer version has more functionality.

I was expecting a photo of the older brick separator. Nice slug.

Just picked up Queen Anne's Revenge at a garage sale for $75. No box, but has all the pieces and manual. I feel dirty I got it for so cheap.

A+ pickup!

Bone (and others) - do you prefer the orange brick separater to the old green one? I had a pile of both as well, and I really prefer the orange one holy cow.
Actually, the green ones are the new design. They came in Horizon Express and Palace Cinema. I am guessing they will all be green this year.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Actually, the green ones are the new design. They came in Horizon Express and Palace Cinema. I am guessing they will all be green this year.

Wait, what? They did green -> orange -> green? Because I could have sworn the green ones were the first ones, and the orange ones the "new" ones. So confused!

iuuk

Wait, what? They did green -> orange -> green? Because I could have sworn the green ones were the first ones, and the orange ones the "new" ones. So confused!
That slug is an old, green, one. The ones I remember from my childhood were grey though;

VqW87zm.jpg

So I'm home for spring break. If anyone remembers, I cannot find any series minifigures where I go to school. So color me surprised when I get to Target in my small home town and see a big diorama dedicated to the minifigures. They had Series 7 and Series 8.

My haul. Keep in mind I have no idea how to feel out the bags at all so I kind of just winged it and grabbed a bunch and left.

S7:
Punk/Rocker chick
Daredevil guy
Tarzan/monkey guy x2
Swimmer/diver
Tennis Player

I would have loved to get the Aztec warrior, viking lady, the knight, king of the sea, and the bunny guy, but oh well. I have a week here so I might go back to grab a few more.

S8:
Football Player
Business man w/suitcase
Man-bat
Pirate
Alien/robot thing
Pretzel guy

My brother got the deep sea diver and won't trade with me. I would have loved that one. Like I said, I might go back and I hope to get the conquistador, diver, Santa, and would not mind one bit if I got a few more man-bats. It would work wonderfully with my Batman/Arkham/Haunted Forest with Werewolf sets. A few more businessmen would be cool as well. I'd love to be able to populate my future city with some ordinary looking people.

Overall, minifigure bags are fun. I don't plan on collecting them all and displaying them on a shelf like some people in here. I'm certainly not opposed to it, but I'd rather get some figures that I could put in my city once I get enough buildings and stuff.

Fun, fun!

neonglow

So I'm home for spring break. If anyone remembers, I cannot find any series minifigures where I go to school. So color me surprised when I get to Target in my small home town and see a big diorama dedicated to the minifigures. They had Series 7 and Series 8.

My haul. Keep in mind I have no idea how to feel out the bags at all so I kind of just winged it and grabbed a bunch and left.

S7:
Punk/Rocker chick
Daredevil guy
Tarzan/monkey guy x2
Swimmer/diver
Tennis Player

I would have loved to get the Aztec warrior, viking lady, the knight, king of the sea, and the bunny guy, but oh well. I have a week here so I might go back to grab a few more.

S8:
Football Player
Business man w/suitcase
Man-bat
Pirate
Alien/robot thing
Pretzel guy

My brother got the deep sea diver and won't trade with me. I would have loved that one. Like I said, I might go back and I hope to get the conquistador, diver, Santa, and would not mind one bit if I got a few more man-bats. It would work wonderfully with my Batman/Arkham/Haunted Forest with Werewolf sets. A few more businessmen would be cool as well. I'd love to be able to populate my future city with some ordinary looking people.

Overall, minifigure bags are fun. I don't plan on collecting them all and displaying them on a shelf like some people in here. I'm certainly not opposed to it, but I'd rather get some figures that I could put in my city once I get enough buildings and stuff.

Fun, fun!

Sea King: Feel for the tail fins. It's attached to a 2x2 brick.
Knight: Feel for oval shield.
Diver: Feel for 2 1x1 plates.
Santa: Feel for his rubber beard first. The Actor also has a rubber collar so confirm by also feeling his sack! =P
Conquistador: Feel for sword.

Guess the set.

This one was much more complicated to disassemble that many other sets I have. You almost had to plan out how it came apart.

R-User!

Guess the set.

This one was much more complicated to disassemble that many other sets I have. You almost had to plan out how it came apart.

Totally guessing here, but Imperial Shuttle?

Edit: I see R2 is the winner.

Did you dismantle for parts or space or both? What are you going to create?

Edit 2: So if you were going to store R2 and not use his parts would you use ziploc bags to keep things grouped and then throw his parts back in his box?

Or do all dismantled sets join -The Collective-?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I just finished the Fire Birgade. I won't overload the thread with pics since we've all already seen it, but the top floor was a blast. I love all the details in there!

Instead, I'll toss up this filler pic of the building next to my collection centerpiece! The LEGO Dragon! :)

I'll post a better pic tonight after the sun goes down (since its too bright for my phone to take a decent pic right now).

E44C299A-95B5-40BD-96AE-100F03A77D0E-14518-0000087A6C1609DF_zpsdfa14a66.jpg

Top Bottom