• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

I overdosed on Lego last year - got the Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium and Pet Shop and have also been collecting the minifigs from series 7. I am looking forward to 10, although I have found my interest waning a little.

I feel like I want to get a new decent set, but I can't decide between;

Town Hall (like the lift - but it seems it won't be that fun to make).

Cinema (Great Exterior - but like the GE the inside is limited & wasted).

Rock Crawler (Lego + R/C Car = Brillo - but I could get a decent R/C kit for less)

UniMog (Such a great package + Can be motorised - can't see me playing with it & same as above).

Sopwith Camel (Love the looks of it, plus it was a real piece of history - might be a pain to display (space wise))

wetwired

Can be a bit fiddly but you work it out. I think the swing wing fast flyers (?) might be my preferred lego jet though. Swing wing F14 style

RKQzcrd.png

Yum

this was one of the first sets I ever bought out of my dark ages (after indiana jones lego). I liked it so much I bought a second when I saw it on sale for under half price. it's got a great variety of pieces too.

Dragoshi1

Bought the Lego Chima Razar's Chi Raider from Walmart today, was a fun build, I also have WAY too many air vehicles/creatures at the moment, ironically. I think Chima's my favorite set thus far, I love all of the animal minifigs, just wish the Crocodiles had tails like in the TV show.

ghostmind

Fast Flyers is the first set Jamie Berard designed for LEGO.

I'm still considering pursuing those Indiana Jones sets. The fact they have appreciated in value so much gives me pause however.

notsol337

marked forever
I have a question about LEGO VIP. I've been buying sets off of the LEGO site because the nearest LEGO store is an hour away, and I hate driving. I signed up for VIP before I bought any sets at all, and yet I still can't figure out how to check my balance.

I don't even know if I'm a member, which I hope I am because I've dropped close to 450 bucks since I started. How do I even find out? D:

I have a question about LEGO VIP. I've been buying sets off of the LEGO site because the nearest LEGO store is an hour away, and I hate driving. I signed up for VIP before I bought any sets at all, and yet I still can't figure out how to check my balance.

I don't even know if I'm a member, which I hope I am because I've dropped close to 450 bucks since I started. How do I even find out? D:
Go to the shop section of the site. If you are logged in, your balance should be in the upper right corner.

And look into driving to the store. I make day trips out of it. Ransack the pab wall and no waiting for sets. :) worth the 90 minute drive there.

Go to the shop section of the site. If you are logged in, your balance should be in the upper right corner.

And look into driving to the store. I make day trips out of it. Ransack the pab wall and no waiting for sets. :) worth the 90 minute drive there.

I also am about 90 minutes from Mall of America (only lego shop anywhere near me) and it is such a fun time. My wife loves going since she can shop at 1000 stores, and I spend the entire day in the Lego store. That PAB wall is intense!

jet1911

I'll probably another set before the Indigo sales end. I'd like to buy a Star Wars set but I can't decide between the Tie Fighter, the X-Wing or the Z-95... :(

chidrock

This question almost belongs on the gaming side, but I figured I'd get a better answer here...the new Lego City Undercover game came out and I was wondering if you could actually be some of the figures from the various minifigure series sets or even the monster fighter sets. I know you can change into disguises, but I didn't know if you were always Chase McCain, but in different outfits. For example, I saw Frankenstein's monster in the trailer - is that a character you can unlock? It would be fun if you could be the chicken suit guy or some of the other characters that are out there...

I'm not a VIP member. Mother fucking shit. Now I'm slightly pissed.

ifVCiYD4Ylsew.gif

notsol337

marked forever
As annoying as it is, look at it this way. You only lost about $20. It could have been much more. :(
At least you will be a VIP from now on. :)

I suppose. I don't really have 4 hours to take out of a day that the LEGO store is open to go down there. I just started a job as a manager at a retailer, and I've been putting in 60-65 hours a week D:

I'll just have to put in for May 4th off, I guess!

I suppose. I don't really have 4 hours to take out of a day that the LEGO store is open to go down there. I just started a job as a manager at a retailer, and I've been putting in 60-65 hours a week D:

I'll just have to put in for May 4th off, I guess!
Can still do VIP online. And I need to put in a time off request at my job for May 4th to make a trip. Dat x wing!

Town Hall (like the lift - but it seems it won't be that fun to make).

I am a collector at heart, so I would say get the Town Hall and get as close to Modular completion as you can. The main floor is tremendous and doesn't get enough credit. I will absolutely concede that the upper floors are pretty dull but are you really going to be playing with it? It towers over the other modulars and makes an attractive display piece.

My backlog is starting to become an issue...I need to use all of these bricks and build a time machine.

0u2bDPIl.jpg

Congratulations on living the dream :)

I am finding them more now. Getting easier to find for me. Let me know and I can see if I can feel out a bunch of them.

Really? Thanks for the offer. I might be actually making a lego store trip that I've been putting off next week, won't know for sure til I figure out my work schedule for the week. IDK if they have them still but we'll see. Got that there 10% off coupon to spend... let the last one expire. If only my spending-enabler friend wasn't out of town for the week. My other spending-enabler friend might go with me, but he is more interested in spending too much on food than spending too much on nerd-toys, though he does approve of my lego habit.

I'd trade for or buy tons of cyclopses, knights, and space-orcs (currently only have one knight and one orc, who is being curb-stomped by roller derby chick on a table someplace).

I'd like to have one starlet, one forest maiden chick with the bow, one waiter, one dr jekyll/mr hyde (idk what he's really called but monster fighters need this dude cmon), and one roman.

I really should post a list of my paltry collection of unwanted duplicates and try to find some older ones I want to trade for. Can't remember what I've got right now.

EDIT: THAT PHOTO BURNS MY SOUL MY INNER CHILD WEEPS WITH JEALOUSY.

Ugh I want moria and the goblin king set but yet I dont..... I hope amazon warehosue comes through eventually. Shoulda fucking bought unexpected gathering the time I saw it up there.

edit 2: amended that list of figures up there to include forest chick.

R-User!

Some pics... :)

Just look at that Sex-Wing!
0isBmW7.jpg

Be right back... gonna go blow up the Death Star then get a Bantha Burger to celebrate!
OW6MemM.jpg

The Stand Standing
zqjyVI1.jpg

The Stand's Close-Up
LvkuNF9.jpg

Dat Ass!
liZqMNQ.jpg

"Evasive Maneuvers!" - "Arrrghghgh Rahn rahn rahn!"
oeJ8QpY.jpg

THE HOBBIT - OWN IT TODAY!
DQ8YssO.jpg

Sebulba's closing in!!!
1C0CSFE.jpg

Now this is Podracing!!!
s426iRe.jpg

Dat Plasma Coil!
3T0LhqM.jpg

Always remember... Your focus determines your reality!
bHVTgTZ.jpg

5, 4, 3, 2, 1..................You Shall Be As Gods!
FsrzPgl.jpg

Gandalf, yet again, Arrives
ujheEfn.jpg

Extended Edition!
Fj0e80c.jpg

My Favorite Corner!
eTAB9dK.jpg

Yummy!!
IYWg0X1.jpg

Gandalf would like some more wine, please!
DRqhe88.jpg

What are you looking at? >:/
nrZJdQV.jpg

Hope some of you enjoyed the pics! :)

R-User!

X wing looks so odd without the engine stickers.

Yeah, I just wasn't sure if I wanted to permanently enginize the nice white round tiles... :/ so I really didn't use stickers anywhere on the set except for two 1x4 red and white stripe ones on the top; just because I had started with 1 sticker I felt I needed to balance with at least two; one for each side.

Edit: And, I knew that I should wait on the stickers until I knew what new UCS STAR WARS ship was coming out in case the rumor at the time of the new UCS being a possible Trench Run X-Wing, or just a standalone X-Wing was true. If it wasn't true, then I would have applied the stickers and called it a day. Since it IS true, I intend on getting the UCS Red Leader, so I'm glad that this one looks odd right now. :)

Yeah, I just wasn't sure if I wanted to permanently enginize the nice white round tiles... :/ so I really didn't use stickers anywhere on the set except for two 1x4 red and white stripe ones on the top; just because I had started with 1 sticker I felt I needed to balance with at least two; one for each side.
That's funny. Because I did the wing stickers much later but the engines first. :)
Still a great build. You need a Y Wing now.

Nice pics!

If I were you I'd just bite the bullet and put the stickers on the X Wing. Are you really going to disassemble the engines?

5, 4, 3, 2, 1..................You Shall Be As Gods!
FsrzPgl.jpg

I don't know if it was intentional but this is an immaculately framed photo. Well done!

Gandalf would like some more wine, please!
DRqhe88.jpg

Awesome shot. You're making me want that Hobbit set. It doesn't help that it's regularly referred to as the best set ever.

R-User!

Nice pics!

If I were you I'd just bite the bullet and put the stickers on the X Wing. Are you really going to disassemble the engines?

I don't know if it was intentional but this is an immaculately framed photo. Well done!

Awesome shot. You're making me want that Hobbit set. It doesn't help that it's regularly referred to as the best set ever.

Does "immaculately framed" mean not tilted to the sides or that everything is "in the shot"?

Because my intent was to make sure that its not tilted like how you wouldn't want a picture hanging on the wall tilted, and I wanted the Shuttle in the Center with little car in frame as well as the Star Wars cards and as much of the wall scroll without "looking up" too much... :)

Edit: Oh year, I forgot... I will disassemble the engines if I disassemble the X-Wing... I don't know what exactly I would use them for, but probably for some sort of MOC spaceship or something... I will leave it stickerless for now so that those round tiles can still be used for MOC's... :)

It looks like Minecraft is on Amazon at MSRP and free shipping. Being that there are over 200 other buying choices listed, I think we can say that the Minecraft bubble has pretty well burst.

R-User!

That's funny. Because I did the wing stickers much later but the engines first. :)
Still a great build. You need a Y Wing now.

Y do U think I need a Y Wing?

Y our right, I do need a Y Wing!

Y don't I get one tomorrow at the Lego Store! spoiler: I won't get one tomorrow because I'm saving up for the Best Star Wars set!!!!!!!!!!

Lego Club tomorrow morning... Star Wars themed... my son will most likely get the new Droid Pack or the Old Republic Commandos if not one of the Mini-Planet sets.

Y do U think I need a Y Wing?

Y our right, I do need a Y Wing!

Y don't I get one tomorrow at the Lego Store! spoiler: I won't get one tomorrow because I'm saving up for the Best Star Wars set!!!!!!!!!!

Lego Club tomorrow morning... Star Wars themed... my son will most likely get the new Droid Pack or the Old Republic Commandos if not one of the Mini-Planet sets.
You need the Y Wing to finish off the New Hope ship collection. :)
Then have them attack the Best Star.

R-User!

You need the Y Wing to finish off the New Hope ship collection. :)
Then have them attack the Best Star.

I'm hearing things that lead me to lean toward Best Star going away soon-ish, and I really have to have that before it's gone. Y-Wing will still be grab-able later on this year. :) So I'll grab it in October Double points month most likely...

I'm hearing things that lead me to lean toward Best Star going away soon-ish, and I really have to have that before it's gone. Y-Wing will still be grab-able later on this year. :) So I'll grab it in October Double points month most likely...
And Y Wing is easier to piecemeal together. No real unique parts to it besides figures.

R-User!

Torhthelm Tídwald;51181371 said:
It looks like Minecraft is on Amazon at MSRP and free shipping. Being that there are over 200 other buying choices listed, I think we can say that the Minecraft bubble has pretty well burst.

Put 999 in the cart and it returns 496 that Amazon has available from them not including the 222 resellers out there. If there are 222 resellers out there, how many of them would be willing to snag up more sets from Amazon, only to resell them later at double the price?

My point is, just cause they have 496 in stock now, does NOT guarantee that Amazon will continue to consistently get more in indefinitely.

Get your set now before they do! :)

edit: crashing now.... DON'T FORGET HOBBIT FANS, Tomorrow Exclusive footage from Desolation of Smaug!!! :)

So a Lego liquidity trap? I glanced though the first pages of Amazon Lego and the second place for number of resellers was the Tie Fighter with 129, almost 100 less than Minecraft. At some point even the resellers have to realize that stocking up on the thing probably isn't worth it going forward. Keep in mind that many resellers already probably have multiple copies to unload. They've got to be getting very nervous about all those other copies out there.

flyingpig

Neo Member
The TIE is a slightly different beast than Minecraft . TIE was on sale at Walmarts for $25 after Christmas and clearance again at Kmart for the same price over the past few weeks. The sales were really weird since the TIE isn't retiring any time this year.

The flippers can all still make a modest return selling for $45-55, and with a sales rank of under 1000 demand should keep the price from cratering... unless Walmart or amazon decides to have a sale.

I'm not a VIP member. Mother fucking shit. Now I'm slightly pissed.

Don't worry. LEGO customer services is extremely nice. You stated they were done online so all you have to do is call them as state you thought you were signed up but weren't. They should have your purchases online and add them no problem. I have called customer service and I don't think I've had any nicer service.

If you have the receipts you may be able to do it at the store as Chuck mentioned.

What the fuck. Series 9 is gone already? That's bullshit. Have they always been this short-lived and I just didn't notice?

3 series per year so it's about 4 months for each series.

In the LEGO store they sell until they don't get anymore shipments. LEGO store gets them the earliest, but they also stop selling them the earliest too.

I read on another board people not finding them in the usual stores like Toys R Us and Walmart. The past week, I saw 3 boxes at TRU which usually only had 1 and my local Walmart had a full display. I'm sure you'll be able to find series 9 at some retailers for a few months after Series 10 first comes out. That has been my experience in the past.

I'll probably another set before the Indigo sales end. I'd like to buy a Star Wars set but I can't decide between the Tie Fighter, the X-Wing or the Z-95... :(

I don't have the Z-95 so can't comment on that, but if I had to pick between the TIE Fighter and the X-wing I'd go for the X-wing. Both of them are great, but I enjoyed building the X-wing more.

That's assuming you have no interest in the 10240 Red Five X-wing Starfighter that's coming out in May.

Top Bottom