• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

ermahgerd

GFIzPXX.jpg]

Also picked up three bags of mini's. Didn't get any dupes - mermaid, alien dude, and the movie star. The wife had no idea about the collectible minifigures and now she's in love.

DJ_Lae

My wife picked me up a Lego portrait of all of us as a gift. I haven't hung it up yet but it's definitely going near my Lego displays on my shelves.

ibe3pSzaRpBhRk.jpg

ermahgerd

GFIzPXX.jpg]

Also picked up three bags of mini's. Didn't get any dupes - mermaid, alien dude, and the movie star. The wife had no idea about the collectible minifigures and now she's in love.
Shit. I wanna rebuild it but would probably need to dismantle ALL my Mocs to do it. Such an awesome set.

DJ_Lae

After my little Lego set binge the past couple of weeks I think I'll wait until this fall or maybe Christmas for another. But I'll save up for a bigger set - Death Star, probably. I actually prefer the SSD as a display piece but I also know having something to play with will be fun and my daughter will much prefer having a bunch of minifigs.

It'll also give me some time to keep an eye out for any sales. My best bet will likely be a 20% off sale at Toys R Us, which will bring it to $400. We will have a Lego store opening here this summer but even with double VIP points that still only knocks $50 off the $500 price, and it's not an immediate deal either as I still have to spend them.

edit - just got thinking about this after seeing you guys talk about the tower bridge. That one isn't on my shortlist, though, I hate cheese slopes so, so much, so that set would be horrible for me (even the 28 odd ones on the sonic boom annoyed me a little).

After my little Lego set binge the past couple of weeks I think I'll wait until this fall or maybe Christmas for another. But I'll save up for a bigger set - Death Star, probably. I actually prefer the SSD as a display piece but I also know having something to play with will be fun and my daughter will much prefer having a bunch of minifigs.

It'll also give me some time to keep an eye out for any sales. My best bet will likely be a 20% off sale at Toys R Us, which will bring it to $400. We will have a Lego store opening here this summer but even with double VIP points that still only knocks $50 off the $500 price, and it's not an immediate deal either as I still have to spend them.

edit - just got thinking about this after seeing you guys talk about the tower bridge. That one isn't on my shortlist, though, I hate cheese slopes so, so much, so that set would be horrible for me (even the 28 odd ones on the sonic boom annoyed me a little).
God only knows when the Best Star will disappear. It just keeps going and going.

It would not shock me to see SSD go oop at the end of this year though.
And if you hate cheese, the 500 plus in Tower would kill you.

DJ_Lae

This is the best idea ever.

Seriously. I need to do this.

I'm very grateful for her picking it out for me, as its not something I would have ever thought of. She knows I like Lego, but as with videogames never really buys me anything as she doesn't know which specific sets I own or would like (though to be honest, unlike games I would happy with pretty much any Lego set and duplicates are fine!).

I think this is the listing. Some of her newer stuff looks better than her initial ones, too.

rallaren

Getting Wolverine's Chopper Showdown. Dat Deadpool.

Lego police station getting delivered today, $68 on Amazon.
A cool set to go with this when I think about it. Or all the Super Hero sets combined with the City ones pretty much...

holy shit City got many awesome sets.

Weenerz

Banned
Getting Wolverine's Chopper Showdown. Dat Deadpool.

A cool set to go with this when I think about it. Or all the Super Hero sets combined with the City ones pretty much...

holy shit City got many awesome sets.

Yea, I have a ton of super hero and TMNT sets, so once i finish building a city (modular and regular building), I can create a scene with all of them. I just need to find a place to put the Hobbit sets.

Dragoshi1

Nobody seems to sell series 5 anymore of the Minifigures, at least in physical stores. I've only seen 7 through 9 so far.

Aiming for the Lizard Man minifig.

I'm very grateful for her picking it out for me, as its not something I would have ever thought of. She knows I like Lego, but as with videogames never really buys me anything as she doesn't know which specific sets I own or would like (though to be honest, unlike games I would happy with pretty much any Lego set and duplicates are fine!).

I think this is the listing. Some of her newer stuff looks better than her initial ones, too.

Thanks for posting the links!

Edit:

Today's Penny Arcade....I'm not feeling Gabe's artistic license with the minifigs. Seems off.
i-KDNrQVN-950x10000.jpg

neonglow

I picked up the Kre-o Devastator for the figures. I like that the torso is able to twist and you can add attachments to the legs and arms. However the clutch power between the torso and legs is almost non-existent. They keep falling out when I move the figure around. The parts of the arm where you can clip things is too loose so any attachments just flop about. There's also stress fractures where the hands and arms meet. Overall, good ideas but bad implementation. Kre-o are a work in progress before they can get to Lego's standard.

I picked up the Kre-o Devastator for the figures. I like that the torso is able to twist and you can add attachments to the legs and arms. However the clutch power between the torso and legs is almost non-existent. They keep falling out when I move the figure around. The parts of the arm where you can clip things is too loose so any attachments just flop about. There's also stress fractures where the hands and arms meet. Overall, good ideas but bad implementation. Kre-o are a work in progress before they can get to Lego's standard.

tumblr_miox36gaMb1rmgel4o1_500.png

The little figures really aren't that bad. I still think the plastic looks cheap compared to LEGO

And suddenly #2 and #3 of my shipments arrived and the gang is complete!

OPSDoxC.jpg

I seriously like the caped characters, especially ones with detailed gear like Eomer, Theoden and Boromir. I realized that I didn't order any weapons for the last three dwarves, so I'll look up what they need.

Maybe it's a bit OCD, but I'm annoyed that not everyone is in standard gear. Either everyone in elven cloaks (like Frodo 3 and Sam) or everyone in original wear. It's probably easiest to just switch Sam.

Oh, and there's a ton of One Rings. Both sets so far have three of them.

Seller #2 sent a small pack of random 1x1 round and square bricks along with the order, such customer service is quite appreciated. TheBrickGuys on Bricklink.

beje

Banned
Finally found a place where they were selling series 9 minifigs at a decent price and I got the mermaid. I want the chicken man T________T

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just received my Winter Village Cottage set. Cannot wait to put this thing together with the kids. We all love Christmas so I may have to get the whole set.

Dragoshi1

Loot for the day, not much, needed to pick up a PS+ card, so I grabbed two random minis, a Kinex Yoshi(Okay, it was a random, but I felt until I found what I thought was Yoshi! Also, don't mind it since it isn't LEGO), and the 2nd Lego Star Wars DVD with the special Vader.

eUXlvZ6.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The Toy Shop and Holiday Train are OOP and really expensive if you go that route.

I may have to sell my Ultimate Collector's Edition Batmobile to secure them, although that would be a hard decision to make.

As of October my local LEGO paradise had Toy Shops in stock-I got one for MSRP that month. They're sold out now but said that there's a chance they may secure more and sell them at a nominal mark up.

If that happens I'll let the thread know. I'd be fine with grabbing a couple for the regulars here.

As of October my local LEGO paradise had Toy Shops in stock-I got one for MSRP that month. They're sold out now but said that there's a chance they may secure more and sell them at a nominal mark up.

If that happens I'll let the thread know. I'd be fine with grabbing a couple for the regulars here.

I would definitely be interested. I too want to use them as Holiday decorations.

I picked up the Winter Village this January and have had the itch to build it before the holidays.

neonglow

I'll totally be down for that. It's the only one I'm missing plus that other thing =P

Ponn

Banned

Oh good lord I would appreciate this. I want so much to make a winter village scene but being able to get the Toy Shop unless I paid exhuberent price was killing me. The Christmas tree would be the centerpiece in my scene.

Top Bottom