• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Finally built the Minecraft set I bought the other week. Neat lil set. I mainly got it for all the tiny parts, which come in handy.
Impressed at the printed parts on the sides of the 1x1 studs.

And that is a helluva lot of extra pieces in the box. I am not complaining, but surprised at the sheer number.

ghostmind

The other promo for May:

May 16 to May 31st, free Iron Man vs Fighting Drone set with $50 purchase.

2h54aOw.jpg

BOO to no Iron Patriot.

Hope to have the full calendar up later today, if I can find an excuse to drop by my LEGO store.

The other promo for May:

2h54aOw.jpg

Hope to have the full calendar up later today, if I can find an excuse to drop by my LEGO store.
Meh. Not as awesome as Hulk. We already have multiple Iron Men out there. Of course, it does give me another excuse to go to the store.

Ponn

Banned
[The other promo for May:

2h54aOw.jpg

BOO to no Iron Patriot.

Hmm...I don't have any Iron Man's but would like one. If they have free shipping/Double ViP points at the same time I might get my Arkham Asylum then since this would give me a couple months to make sure I have the money.

I got Arctic Batman last night from Target, no Zombies set hiding anywhere :( Put it together this morning, will post pics later. Fun build, simply awesome set of mini figs for the price. Disc things fall out to easy when moving it around, maybe I got them in wrong. I can't help but feel the pieces of the bat boat would combine with the Batplane or Batmobile sets to make something really cool. I was also wondering why they had colored pieces like red, blue and green in the middle of the boat completely covered up.

[The other promo for May:

2h54aOw.jpg

BOO to no Iron Patriot.

WTF wasn't there ALREADY a promo polybag just like this one? Feels like a Deja Vu to me hmm...

I already have triangle suit Iron Man anyways so this does nothing for me

rallaren

I got Arctic Batman last night from Target, no Zombies set hiding anywhere :( Put it together this morning, will post pics later. Fun build, simply awesome set of mini figs for the price. Disc things fall out to easy when moving it around, maybe I got them in wrong. I can't help but feel the pieces of the bat boat would combine with the Batplane or Batmobile sets to make something really cool. I was also wondering why they had colored pieces like red, blue and green in the middle of the boat completely covered up.
It also has that cool flame piece but for half the price of the two-face chase set - nice.

Ponn

Banned
It also has that cool flame piece but for half the price of the two-face chase set - nice.

Yes, kind of surprised how it went together. The little bombs also come with cool small little clear orange caps and even got some extras. I could probably MOC some cool halloween things with all the orange/clear orange/black pieces in the set. I also like that fin pieces and the curved black pieces.

I saw your post earlier and i've been going back and forth on the exact same set you got. I want a Batman with a black and yellow suit and I want a batmobile, both to go with my eventual Arkham Asylum set. My only gripe with that set that keeps holding me back is I don't like orange and purple Two Face (why oh why did they change him from black and white) and I just didn't feel I would get use out of the jeep/bank stuff. I could use the guard though. It's coming down between that set and the Bat vs. Bane set.

rallaren

Yes, kind of surprised how it went together. The little bombs also come with cool small little clear orange caps and even got some extras. I could probably MOC some cool halloween things with all the orange/clear orange/black pieces in the set. I also like that fin pieces and the curved black pieces.

I saw your post earlier and i've been going back and forth on the exact same set you got. I want a Batman with a black and yellow suit and I want a batmobile, both to go with my eventual Arkham Asylum set. My only gripe with that set that keeps holding me back is I don't like orange and purple Two Face (why oh why did they change him from black and white) and I just didn't feel I would get use out of the jeep/bank stuff. I could use the guard though. It's coming down between that set and the Bat vs. Bane set.
I saw some batmobiles sold separately on Ebay earlier today.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
When pictures of that Iron Man polybag first came out I was looking forward to it as a cheap way to get the minifig, but I preferred the circle light on the chest from the Quinjet. Now there's the Iron Man 3 suits and Extremis Sea Port Battle set has War Machine included too so I'm not so sure I'll seek this out. Will probably grab that instead when I see it somewhere.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Screw you guys, an Iron Man polybag is awesome, and I'll be buying the Lego anyway :p

Might be handy for recreating film scenes if the trailer is to be believed too anyway!

Fowler

Phon, you're winning me over with the Galaxy Squad sets. Had no interest in them before, but the techniques and the way the sets transform is awesome. My wallet says "Damn you!"

I hope whoever got an enormous cheap box of LEGO from my parents when they moved are enjoying it.. original Pirates sets, old school Space sets, a ton of Castle.. *tear

Aww :-/

Another two hours sorting tonight and still not halfway through the box. This is turning out to be an enormous project, and that's before we get to the point where we start figuring out exactly which sets are here and if they're complete...

golem

Another two hours sorting tonight and still not halfway through the box. This is turning out to be an enormous project, and that's before we get to the point where we start figuring out exactly which sets are here and if they're complete...

Hahah.. where did you pick it up, yard sale? I've been keeping an eye out for tubs o Lego but the ones on ebay and craigslist are all expensive..

Ponn

Banned
Again, sorry about quality, only got Vita for pics.

l7AkReX.jpg

"Damn it Mr. Freeze!! When I said Aquaman on Ice I meant the ice skating show."

hu1L0Pb.jpg

These are the pieces I really dig, the long curved and that fin.

nPYWsxA.jpg

Also these bomb things which have 5 clear orange caps a piece. There are also some clear two x one's, clear blue and orange. Some nice pieces.

jfGJETP.jpg

Obligatory Justice League pic.

Ponn

Banned
We need Green Lantern sets so bad. Think of all the clear green pieces it would come with.

Just make a $100 Green Lantern Power Battery set. All the green you would ever need. There could be some killer light construct sets that come in all clear green pieces.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Do you have a system? I find it quicker not to fully sort straight away. Do a first pass just separating out bricks from plates etc, then you can take each of those piles and separate down further.

Just make a $100 Green Lantern Power Battery set. All the green you would ever need. There could be some killer light construct sets that come in all clear green pieces.
The thought of all those clear green constructs just sounds awesome. It is a shame the movie sucked, because they could do so many awesome sets with the entire spectrum of Lanterns.

Hahah.. where did you pick it up, yard sale? I've been keeping an eye out for tubs o Lego but the ones on ebay and craigslist are all expensive..

Someone local advertised it on a buy & sell site. They had one carrier bag for sale, and when we enquired they told us they had another three the same size. Just grabbed the lot :)

Do you have a system? I find it quicker not to fully sort straight away. Do a first pass just separating out bricks from plates etc, then you can take each of those piles and separate down further.

We've been separating them out into piles of bricks, plates, wheel arches, cockpits, slopes, wedges etc. Those piles all go into separate bags, then at the end we go through the bags and sort & stack the pieces then. Not bothered breaking things down by colour etc. yet.

Vyer

We're watching Empire Strikes Out right now. Some very amusing parts. Lots of good nods to older SW fans.

"Oh my! Han shot first!"
"We'll yeah...why wouldn't I? It was him or me!"
"...there's been a lot of debate about that."

We're watching Empire Strikes Out right now. Some very amusing parts. Lots of good nods to older SW fans.

"Oh my! Han shot first!"
"We'll yeah...why wouldn't I? It was him or me!"
"...there's been a lot of debate about that."
But Han never shot first. He was the only one who shot.

neonglow

I found all my old Lego from my parent's house. Some of this stuff is over 20 years old. Some still have the price stickers. I think the majority of these sets were purchased at a discount from Kay Bee Toys.

Star Wars OT:

The AT-ST was one of my favorite sets. While the X-wing and A-wing ships have improved greatly, speeders appear to be the same style.

Star Wars PT:

Since these are the most recent from my old collection, they seem similar to the sets we have nowadays. The Sith ship and Jedi Starfighter are much better designed today. I think the Slave I and Hailfire Droid sets could still pass for sets today.

Other Themes:

The Launch and Load Seaport was my first big set. It's still one of my most favorites. My old Wild West Indian set should go well with the new Lone Ranger sets.

I also loved the Bonus set. It was basically 5 polybags put together. As a kid, it was awesome having sets from all the Lego themes at the time. They should do that again.

Wow, you and your parents kept all your toys packaging in such great shape. I regret throwing out all my son LEGO's packaging in one flurry of attempt to clean up his room. I used to collect toys and usually keep all the package but it never occur to me to keep his LEGO stuff. He also had many Bionicles (he loves those even more than LEGO when he was younger) but my wife gave them all away a few years ago to our nephew.

Dragoshi1

Anyone have an extra Lizard Man minifig?

I could trade if possible, have the Judge, Cyclops, Roman Emperor, and Robot from series 9.

Wow, you and your parents kept all your toys packaging in such great shape. I regret throwing out all my son LEGO's packaging in one flurry of attempt to clean up his room. I used to collect toys and usually keep all the package but it never occur to me to keep his LEGO stuff. He also had many Bionicles (he loves those even more than LEGO when he was younger) but my wife gave them all away a few years ago to our nephew.

LEGO is meant to be played with. You did the right thing passing it on to your nephew!

Was waiting for the "Mix the bags" discussion to come up again for this, but this may be appropriate.

Wife and I just built Unexpected Gathering, we had it for a while now...

What a neat little set, great great display piece and i just loved how it all came together when you put the roof on top in the end :)

Couple pics:

Gandalf hanging out before he's gonna knock on poor, unsuspecting Bilbo's door and get the party started:

An unexpected gathering indeed:

Some time after everyone left, the Avengers decided to give Logan's world famous T-bone steak a try... He's pretty pissed though, seems he underestimated Hulk's appetite:

Top Bottom