• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

neonglow

I have returned from my travels with a Lone Ranger haul:

GAhT3bb.jpg

Once you get around to building everything, take another picture! I wonder how many Lone Rangers and Tontos you have.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Build that Stagecoach this instant! ;)

A picture of an army of Rangers/Tontos would be hilarious as well.

I think Lego tried to spin their normal EOL date for Jabba's Palace as a response to the people complaining.

The fortuitous side effect for them is that it triggered a rush for a set that wasn't doing too well.

Ponn

Banned
Thats a lot of Tanto. Those sets look cool but I guess i've never been into westerns or cowboys even as a kid.

G-g-g-ghost Train being delivered tomorrow. I put Swamp Creature together tonight, love the minifig and really thats what you get the set for, not much else there. I'm going to get one more set next week before saving a couple pay checks for Haunted House. I can only get one.

1)Crazy Scientist and the Monster (I have every MH except for Zombies, this and HH.)

2) Batmobile/Two Face Chase set (would really like a Batmobile, want the black and yellow Bats with cape, hate the colors on Two Face)

3) Bat vs. Bane (Get Gordon, Get a nice Bane fig, i'm okay with Batman fig. If anything I can give his cape to the batman fig in the eventual Arkham set I will get. The vehicles look nice but won't really fit in with any displays I will have)

Wildcard - A couple cheaper TMNT sets like Kraang Lab and Dragon Bike.

Thats a lot of Tanto. Those sets look cool but I guess i've never been into westerns or cowboys even as a kid.

G-g-g-ghost Train being delivered tomorrow. I put Swamp Creature together tonight, love the minifig and really thats what you get the set for, not much else there. I'm going to get one more set next week before saving a couple pay checks for Haunted House. I can only get one.

1)Crazy Scientist and the Monster (I have every MH except for Zombies, this and HH.)

2) Batmobile/Two Face Chase set (would really like a Batmobile, want the black and yellow Bats with cape, hate the colors on Two Face)

3) Bat vs. Bane (Get Gordon, Get a nice Bane fig, i'm okay with Batman fig. If anything I can give his cape to the batman fig in the eventual Arkham set I will get. The vehicles look nice but won't really fit in with any displays I will have)

Wildcard - A couple cheaper TMNT sets like Kraang Lab and Dragon Bike.
Crazy Scientist has great figures and a light brick.
Dragon Bike has Shredder though.

Ponn

Banned
Crazy Scientist has great figures and a light brick.
Dragon Bike has Shredder though.

Yea. I think what i'm dreading most about making that first TMNT Lego purchase is starting yet another theme I will feel compelled to collect all of.

I'm leaning heavily towards the Scientist set because I have this crazy plan for using most of the bricks, including the light brick and the car, to make an awesome hot tub to display behind the Haunted House.

Yea. I think what i'm dreading most about making that first TMNT Lego purchase is starting yet another theme I will feel compelled to collect all of.

I'm leaning heavily towards the Scientist set because I have this crazy plan for using most of the bricks, including the light brick and the car, to make an awesome hot tub to display behind the Haunted House.

Zombie set is even better!

Zombie set is better (BEST VEHICLE!), but sadly it is also crazy expensive now. The Crazy Scientist set is really fun though. Lots of neat little pieces, and a fun little play set. The vehicle is okay, but the figures are great. And the light brick really adds a lot of character to the whole thing.

For TMNT, I have been on the fence with it. I NEED the Turtle figures, and especially Shredder. But I know once I start I wont stop. I have been eyeing the Shredder bike every day for a month and have held off so far. But now that the Galaxy Squad bug has bit, I need to scratch that one.

TLDR: Get Crazy Scientist. It probably has the shortest shelf life of all the ones you listed as well.

Side note: Have you gotten Lex Luthor's Power Armor yet? If no, then buy that. ASAP. One of the best sets for $20 out there.

Ponn

Banned
Zombie set is better (BEST VEHICLE!), but sadly it is also crazy expensive now. The Crazy Scientist set is really fun though. Lots of neat little pieces, and a fun little play set. The vehicle is okay, but the figures are great. And the light brick really adds a lot of character to the whole thing.

For TMNT, I have been on the fence with it. I NEED the Turtle figures, and especially Shredder. But I know once I start I wont stop. I have been eyeing the Shredder bike every day for a month and have held off so far. But now that the Galaxy Squad bug has bit, I need to scratch that one.

TLDR: Get Crazy Scientist. It probably has the shortest shelf life of all the ones you listed as well.

Side note: Have you gotten Lex Luthor's Power Armor yet? If no, then buy that. ASAP. One of the best sets for $20 out there.

Yuppers, got Arctic Batman and power armor. Alright so looks like Crazy Scientist, good deal. Cant wait for Halloween now.

Yuppers, got Arctic Batman and power armor. Alright so looks like Crazy Scientist, good deal. Cant wait for Halloween now.

I plan to snag Vampyre Castle in the next couple of months, but plan on keeping it boxed until October. Build that and rebuild Haunted House for the season. :)

Yes, Monster Fighters are a great stepping stone to want the Haunted House. Haunted House is next on my list. Just got Arkham Asylum for double points.

Ainaurdur

Got my first PaB cup today. Did the large, $15 one. I counted up some of them, but started to lose track, so I estimate I squeezed around 500 pieces in there. Many tiny pieces.
I swear, the clear cheese slopes must have multiplied inside my cup on the subway ride back to my brother's apartment!

Had no MOCs in mind, just picked pieces that looked interesting, that I did not have many of, or those that were orange!

Think I might attempt some micro builds with what I got.

Also finally grabbed the Fierce Flyer. He was begging to be taken home!

ghostmind

Was this from the Lego store?

Nope, from Walmart.

After resting a bit to deal with my jetlag, I've built the Cavalry Builder set. Great price point ($12) for getting 4 minifigs, a horse and a cannon. The flag is even a printed piece! The Cavalry soldiers look great - I'll post pics once I have finished building them all by the weekend.

Next up - the Comanche Camp!

Nope, from Walmart.

After resting a bit to deal with my jetlag, I've built the Cavalry Builder set. Great price point ($12) for getting 4 minifigs, a horse and a cannon. The flag is even a printed piece! The Cavalry soldiers look great - I'll post pics once I have finished building them all by the weekend.

Next up - the Comanche Camp!
Dats right. Build them in order of size. Build up to the train as the finale.

Ainaurdur

I sorted them on the dining table, stacked some of them, then was gong to put them back in the cup, they don't fit quite as well...

Glad I did not try stacking while at the store, I wouldn't have gotten nearly as many pieces in the cup. Of course it was on accident, I forgot to review the PaB tips in this thread before going to the store today. ;)

I sorted them on the dining table, stacked some of them, then was gong to put them back in the cup, they don't fit quite as well...

Glad I did not try stacking while at the store, I wouldn't have gotten nearly as many pieces in the cup. Of course it was on accident, I forgot to review the PaB tips in this thread before going to the store today. ;)
The cheese slopes and 1x1 plates are great to add at the end. Just dump them in and shake. The pieces will filter into all the gaps.

Ainaurdur

The cheese slopes and 1x1 plates are great to add at the end. Just dump them in and shake. The pieces will filter into all the gaps.

As true as Bond orders a martini.

I already feel I want to go back and fill another cup! But not from the same stock at the same store. Would need some variety. Wish there was a Lego Store near where I live.

I ruined a friend. She's gonna buy arkham asylum this weekend w/ the coupon from her first-ever catalog. I'm getting dragged to the lego store. This is gonna end poorly. IDK how exactly, but probably with a PAB cup or two, depending on what they got in stock, some minifigs, and something middle-earthy.

I ruined a friend. She's gonna buy arkham asylum this weekend w/ the coupon from her first-ever catalog. I'm getting dragged to the lego store. This is gonna end poorly. IDK how exactly, but probably with a PAB cup or two, depending on what they got in stock, some minifigs, and something middle-earthy.
Double VIP and all you are getting is a pab? Lol. Post what you really wind up with after the trip. I know it will be very bad.

neonglow

Speaking of which, I bought this yesterday. The double VIP points, 10% off coupon and Master Splinter keychain made me get it. It was during the monthly build event so the store was packed at the time.

Speaking of which, I bought this yesterday. The double VIP points, 10% off coupon and Master Splinter keychain made me get it. It was during the monthly build event so the store was packed at the time.

......i will not walk out of the store with this on friday i will not i will not i must not i can't....

I am fighting so hard not to get that during double VIP. If I had a coupon I would have bitten. Must stay strong. MUST STAY STRONG FOR MAY 4th!

ghostmind

Comanche Camp is OK... I wish the teepee were made of canvas, rather than plastic. The canoe is new to me, so its pretty sweet. I think this will be the weakest set of the line though.

Question about the light bricks: are they self-contained including batteries? I'm thinking of bricklinking a few to add some light to my stuff.

Also, do they have power switches? And how long does a set of batteries last?

Question about the light bricks: are they self-contained including batteries? I'm thinking of bricklinking a few to add some light to my stuff.

Also, do they have power switches? And how long does a set of batteries last?

Self contained, including batteries. There is a small stud sticking out of the back you press in to turn on the light. That stud also has a groove for a technic pin to go into.

As for battery life, I have no idea.

Chuck

Still without luck
re: Jabba's Palace

Official word from Lego is they have not reacted whatsoever to that silly group of religious people(my words). Jabba's Palace is going to be sold and produced until 2014. Whatever though, those silly people spiked sales big time. Thanks guys!!! :D

When does Double VIP points end?

8th

Official word from Lego is they have not reacted whatsoever to that silly group of religious people(my words). Jabba's Palace is going to be sold and produced until 2014. Whatever though, those silly people spiked sales big time. Thanks guys!!! :D

8th

So, uh...any way you can tell us which sets will get discounted May 4th? At least when they tell you guys that is.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh cool. By waiting a bit I can get some free goodies with the VW online. Anyone know if the same offers are applicable in store?

EDIT: Small print at the bottom makes this seem to be a online offer only.

IronRinn

8th

So I should wait on Jabba's Palace, then? I was going to pull the trigger but the only people showing it at the moment are LEGO and Toys R Us (at full price + shipping). I was getting a bit worried, the Target near me had 5 yesterday and zero this morning.

Vyer

blah, I was hoping to somehow catch last year's City advent calendar after a price drop but I've never seen it come back in stock. Guess I missed it.

Dragoshi1

So Lone Ranger sets are slowly trickling into stores?

Awesome, I wanted the coach for the longest time.

Any US prices revealed for the sets yet?

Guys- Arkham or the Hobbithole? Think i've got it narrowed down to these two.

please dont say 'both' :p

Too hard to chose but... I only have Unex. Gathering and it was a great build and looks nice as a display piece, definitely recommended...

Then again, i WILL get AA on Saturday for double VIP and am immensely looking forward to it!!! Dat minfig collection, and the Asylum itself looks gorgeous!!!

Top Bottom