• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

R-User!

FarnCOO.jpg

Seriously though, I have no idea...

Meh (in a non-negative way), strange...

...But, what is the Spider-man reference? (I wish it weren't true, but that pic is going WAY over my head for some reason...) :/

Meh (in a non-negative way), strange...

...But, what is the Spider-man reference? (I wish it weren't true, but that pic is going WAY over my head for some reason...) :/

screen-caps from a 1960s spiderman went around on the internet for a while, that is one of them re-created as lego and it pleases me immensely for some reason.

Fowler

Saw this and it made me think of your post from a few pages back:

3T8sPBH.jpg

Looks like they're just missing Johnny Depp and Christopher Lee.

EDIT: How could I forget Gary Oldman as Sirius/Gordon.

Also missing Ben Kingsley: The Mandarin in Iron Man 3 and Nizam in Prince of Persia...

Tn_pop010_jpg.jpg

I have a night ahead of me. The Defense HQ set should be here Saturday :)

dinohaul.jpg

5.5 hours later and I am done. My fingers hurt, but it was fun. The triceratops is pretty cool. Its head can move up and down and twist. The t-rex has balance issues, so it's hard to pose unless it's feet are snapped on to something. Looking forward to the Dino Defense HQ on Saturday. Now to figure out where to put all these..

Fury. I'm on the fence with buying a TOR Lego because it makes me sad the game hasn't done better.

Both of the sets are pretty awesome. If you enjoy the game at all or not one of those Star Wars purist that think anything not OT is shit then you will enjoy it.

I was giddy seeing those Sith and Old Republic Trooper. I wish LEGO would do the Bounty Hunter figure, may be one will be include with the upcoming Jedi Defender.

The game have so much potential but I did enjoy it when I was playing it. I might actually go back with the new expansion.

R-User!

Hahahaha. I love this one!

For those who don't understand the reference:

spiderman-desk.png

Now I know the reference, but I don't understand the context for why ghostmind used it as an addition to his comment about not knowing why his name wasn't showing up in the Top Posters section...... *scratchs head*

Edit: unless he was just posting a funny pic to juke me into thinking he wasn't going to take the comment seriously and then answer seriously below the joke pic....?

Alfred Molina was in Prince of Persia as well as Raiders & Spidey 2.

4495794377_078c8ffe11_z.jpg
I believe that in the credits for "Raiders of the Lost Ark", Molina's character is listed as "Satipo". But during the opening scene of the movie, when Indy takes the idol from Molina's impaled body (just before the giant boulder chases him), he clearly says "Adios, Sapito." What is the correct name?

I believe that in the credits for "Raiders of the Lost Ark", Molina's character is listed as "Satipo". But during the opening scene of the movie, when Indy takes the idol from Molina's impaled body (just before the giant boulder chases him), he clearly says "Adios, Sapito." What is the correct name?

Haha, I always thought he said "Adios, stupido".

I have my share of respect for the friends line but i still REFUSE to call these things "minifigs" ;)

but i'm oldschool like that

I think they refer to them as "mini-dolls"

Anyways, snagged Vampyre Castle today for $72 at BN. Have Dino HQ on hold at another store that I can use the coupon to get it for $72 as well. :) Great deals that I do not need to buy, but I want my T-REX. And everyone raves about Vampyre Castle. Think I shall leave it boxed until October.

Ironmask

Soooo I can get a sealed case of 60 Series 10 minifigs, shipped from Germany, for about $200.

Tempted.

i don't know if you can share the link, but i would appreciate it.
I have a small group of exchangers here in Italy and we're looking for complete boxes, to avoid the research hassle.

ghostmind

Good price. You are in the states right?

This would be going to my Canadian location.

Alternatively, I can order just 16 series 10 minifigs for about $60, but then no chance at Mr. Gold.

I guess the question is whether I care enough about the chance to get him, and do I want to manage selling off the rest of my case of 60.

ghostmind

I think they refer to them as "mini-dolls"

Anyways, snagged Vampyre Castle today for $72 at BN. Have Dino HQ on hold at another store that I can use the coupon to get it for $72 as well. :) Great deals that I do not need to buy, but I want my T-REX. And everyone raves about Vampyre Castle. Think I shall leave it boxed until October.

$72 for the Dino HQ is a steal - that thing is starting to climb and IMO may skyrocket.

$72 for the Dino HQ is a steal - that thing is starting to climb and IMO may skyrocket.

That tempts me so much to keep it sealed and resell it. I said I would never do that, but seeing how it goes for $200 already...

Also, the BN I snagged Vampyre Castle from had Life of George 50% off clearance. I am going to go back and if they still have it when it goes 75% I will snag it.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
That tempts me so much to keep it sealed and resell it. I said I would never do that, but seeing how it goes for $200 already...

Also, the BN I snagged Vampyre Castle from had Life of George 50% off clearance. I am going to go back and if they still have it when it goes 75% I will snag it.

If it is anything like the modulars or other items you could finance 8 sets with that one resell.

Haha, I always thought he said "Adios, stupido".
Haha! Yeah, it kind of sounds like that! But I remember seeing some kind of behind the scenes documentary for Raiders about 20 years ago and they talked about how Indy says the name differently than the way it's spelled in the credits, simply by switching the "t" and the "p". I just can't remember which spelling is the correct one. I've always though of him as Sapito because that's what I've heard over and over again during my many, MANY viewings of the movie (fun fact: I currently consider Raiders and Empire Strikes Back to be tied for my favourite movie of all time). It just seems weird to me to see it spelled as Satipo and it also sounds wrong when I say it in my head.

That documentary also ruined many aspects of the film for me by revealing its secrets. For example, I can't not see the telephone pole sticking out of the bottom of the transport truck that is supposedly carrying Marion in the laundry basket in Cairo as it flips over and explodes. They rigged it so that a controlled explosive drove the pole down into the ground from underneath the truck in order to help flip it over after Indy shoots the driver and you can clearly see the pole sticking out from underneath the right side of the truck. I also can't not see the clearly dug trench that Indy is sliding through as he is underneath the truck carrying the ark and holding on for dear life by his bull whip. In addition, the truck is going noticeably slower during the scenes where they show Indy sliding around on the ground.

I shouldn't say that these ruined things for me, but it always seems to be distracting enough as to break through the proverbial fourth wall.

And dammit, now I feel the need to make a trip down to Lasting Toys and grab whatever Indy LEGO sets they have on the shelf...

Great. Now we have the hot teacher mini fig.
My wife is a teacher, so I am SO getting this set for her. And the mini-doll on the very right looks a lot like her ironically!

Ironmask

Barbie megablock is pure garbage, had the occasion to see a stand in my local toy store and it's of the worst plastic ever. Friends keeps the building process touch, while this barbie's sets are just plain Polly Pocket gameplay.

also now available in Nederland (without the silly 60€ shell v-power buying that we got here in Italy)
image.1485205050.jpeg

SHELL Promotion

Barbie megablock is pure garbage, had the occasion to see a stand in my local toy store and it's of the worst plastic ever. Friends keeps the building process touch, while this barbie's sets are just plain Polly Pocket gameplay.

Yeah, the sets are terrible. Canadian Toys R Us stores have had displays up for the Barbie stuff for a couple of months. Really, really cheap looking.

DJ_Lae

I have a handful of Mega Bloks sets that I picked up out of curiousity and don't mind two of them - the big Toys R Us exclusive Halo Warthog and a Porsche 911 GT3. The Porsche's only flaw is the outer bits, which are custom molded pieces that make the final product look kind of like a large Snap-Tite model. Its engine, however, was a great little build and uses very standard pieces.

The Warthog is damn cool, though, shoddy plastic and tough-fitting pieces aside.

I have seen those Barbie sets in stores and yeah, they do look awful. They also incorporate a large number of custom parts (kind of like the equally awful Smurf sets).

Top Bottom