• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Ironmask

This is from Toy Fair - it doesn't *look* like a sticker:

it's a round brick 1x1 with a sticker

4585142.jpg

please tell me that is not a sticker....

*who am I kidding :(

which part are you talking about? The Palantir? a sticker on a sphere? hmm...

By the way, Wizard Battle looks awesome, must get that one!!!

Council of Elrond looks decent but disappointingly small :(

It would have been a must have if only it was HUGE and featured more actual Council members

Great midi cinema :)

On a sidenote, i literally just finished the first Level of "Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes" (lttp i know) and it was GREAT!!! it dumped me in some kind of open world scenario now... you guys gotta try it if you haven't yet! :)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Now THOSE are the LotR sets I've been waiting for. Prepare the wallets!

Daaaaamn, council of elrond is gonna be a tempting candidate to double up on. Scenery is so pretty. Gonna gift copies of both those sets to my mom. She only really likes collecting minifigs, but those things are such good minifig displayers that she'll love them.

ghostmind

So just 1 original trilogy Star Wars set...

:/

Plus the UCS X-wing, the Ewok Village and the 3 upcoming planet sets.

Next year and 2015 are going to be interesting for LEGO SW with Clone Wars essentially gone, and the new movies about to start spinning up.

R-User!

Plus the UCS X-wing, the Ewok Village and the 3 upcoming planet sets.

Next year and 2015 are going to be interesting for LEGO SW with Clone Wars essentially gone, and the new movies about to start spinning up.

Interesting as in:
"reissue 'old favorites' interesting" (UCS Millenium Falcon!! You'd probably hate that :/...),

or interesting as in: "it'll be interesting to see whether TLG come up with something "fresh", or whether they release their 'previously expected roadmap of Episode 3 sets in conjunction with the last released Star Wars movie' (which would have been Episode 3 in November iirc; which might have warranted a January release of "new" 2014 sets, of which some might have been Ep3/OT/TOR related)?

If I had to bet, I would imagine a "wave" in January or February with some Ep3/OT/TOR mix, and then
a few refreshes in summer 2014 with a few rereleases of some fan favorites to tide over fans until 2015...

neonglow

Interesting as in:
"reissue 'old favorites' interesting" (UCS Millenium Falcon!! You'd probably hate that :/...),

or interesting as in: "it'll be interesting to see whether TLG come up with something "fresh", or whether they release their 'previously expected roadmap of Episode 3 sets in conjunction with the last released Star Wars movie' (which would have been Episode 3 in November iirc; which might have warranted a January release of "new" 2014 sets, of which some might have been Ep3/OT/TOR related)?

If I had to bet, I would imagine a "wave" in January or February with some Ep3/OT/TOR mix, and then
a few refreshes in summer 2014 with a few rereleases of some fan favorites to tide over fans until 2015...

I'm waiting on the refresh of the AT-AT. Missed out on the last one when I came back to Lego. It's due for one along with the Slave I.

My wallet is weeping at all those Star Wars set. That Republic Gunship and AT-TE are just so awesome looking. A bit disappointed at Jabba's Sail Bark especially the front section with all that slope pieces. Though I love Slave Leia and Bar-2D2 . Max Rebo looks too small. I wish instead of Hail-Fire Droid, we get Episode 2 version of Slave I, also update version of Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter would be nice. Yoda and Dooku's duel looks nice now I wish I have his Solar Sailor.

I am also curious what they are planning for 2014 now that Episode 3 3D is out and there is no more Clone Wars along with cancel of all Lucas Arts game. (I wonder if they have any 1313 items plan for in the pipe line for tie-in).

In any case, I am going to need to get 2nd job to feed this addiction.

Marko723

Neo Member
If you are doing modular, I say go chronological. Grand Emporium next, then Pet Shop.
You don't want to blow your wad so quickly.

Okay, I will take your advice and do the Emporium next. :)

Also starting to feel old..... Been in denial for the last 6 months, but building the Fire Brigade is re enforcing that bi-focals will soon be a part of my life

Okay, I will take your advice and do the Emporium next. :)

Also starting to feel old..... Been in denial for the last 6 months, but building the Fire Brigade is re enforcing that bi-focals will soon be a part of my life
Let us know your thoughts on Fire Brigade when done. Particularly dat second floor.

pMqnBPkl.jpg

Well my LEGO "bundle" that I ordered from Wal-Mart came in this morning. I can't believe they still have bunch of these Landspeeder. The set is actually pretty good for getting Mini-figures. You get 5 and a 1/4 Mini-figures in one box. Beside the hippy hairdo Luke, they are all great looking. I haven't built the Speeder yet, it looks OK, I rather prefer the old pink one that came with Mos Eisley set.

The thing is I got email from Wal-Mart last night that they won't be able to fulfill the bundle because they don't have any of those bundle in stock (oh Wal-Mart) and that I can keep all the Luke's Speeder I got (x4) and they will refund all my purchase price along with $10.00 gift card for my hassle. They have since remove all the bundles from their on-line site and mark the rest as out of stock. I still kick myself for not getting the Ghost Train bundle for $72.00 that come with the Mummy and the Werewolf as part of the bundle.

Ponn

Banned
Wow, i never, EVER find those polybags. Walmart tonight bottom shelf 3 boxes of all the different polybags they had for easter. Grabbed the last Gandalf bag they had and i finally have my very own mini Batmobile.

Top Bottom