• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

neonglow

Vq0rKhS.png

InW9IpT.png

I want this for the mobile crane. It's been awhile since they made one of those.

This set just screams store exclusive. It's like a bunch of random buildings and vehicles put together. If it's a Toys R Us exclusive, I hope it's not too overpriced.

It can't be said enough, but many, MANY thanks to ghostmind for all of the amazing scoops on upcoming sets. You are spoiling us, good sir...

Serious, serious vintage here, as in older than me. I got my first Lego on my fourth birthday, and all of it was used stuff that I've now found to be from around 1970. Along with this was a few more sets, most of them smaller.

I'm surprised that so much still remains. In fact, I'm pretty sure some of the missing pieces weren't around to begin with. Nice going, young me.

q7XwwX3.jpg
Oh, man. Those printed 1X4 headlight pieces are bringing back so many childhood memories.

It would be cooler if the dolphins had studs on the top so I could have Aquaman riding one.

Oh well.
KuGsj.gif
I wonder if you could snap Aquaman's hand to the back of the dolphin's fin, just like the minifig that's hanging on to the large shark several posts back?

Ponn

Banned
sJ8nnne.jpg

I think this set could use some more sharks - lol.

This looks freaking awesome. I don't have any lego city sets but I think I may have to get this set. Just need a batcopter, classic batman fig and a lego can of shark-repellant to make one awesome scene.

Any day now we shalll see orthanc. any day........ I should really consider gifting my mom the ewok village if it looks cool. She'd hate building something that large though. I guess I'd have to deliver it in person and build the majority of it on christmas.

TripOpt55

I like that statue in the Town Square. I don't pay much mind to City stuff, but that is pretty cool. Also I come in here and just stare at all the cool Lego sets. I've neither bought a new set in a while or even had the chance to just build any from my old stuff. Need to make some time for some soon.

Edit: Ha... I see I'm not alone in digging that statue figure. Odd timing.

Hero

I really like Town Square, I love when Lego City moves away from Police and other rescue themes.

I hope the MSRP isn't higher than 99.99 for it.

Those Chima Bionicle figures are pretty neat.

People on Brickset seems really upset about Star Wars 2013 line up and that they are all prequel and remake. I don't see anything wrong with it. These were originally gear for tie in with Episode 2 AoTC 3D movie also there are plenty of OT set. You have A-wing, Rancor Pit and last year Jabba's along with X-Wing, Y-wing and Tie remake along with that crappy Hoth set.. I really don't get the camp of that everything have to be from OT. I rather enjoy the diversity of the series.

As for being remake, I don't know what can they do I mean there are just so many ships in Star Wars OT. Also those ships came out years ago ... think of the children. I think us older collectors forget that these LEGO are first and foremost toys for kids.

Chuck

Still without luck
Those Chima Bionicle figures are pretty neat.

People on Brickset seems really upset about Star Wars 2013 line up and that they are all prequel and remake. I don't see anything wrong with it. These were originally gear for tie in with Episode 2 AoTC 3D movie also there are plenty of OT set. You have A-wing, Rancor Pit and last year Jabba's along with X-Wing, Y-wing and Tie remake along with that crappy HOoth set.. I really don't get the camp of that everything have to be from OT. I rather enjoy the diversity of the series.

As for being remake, I don't know what can they do I mean there are just so many ships in Star Wars OT. Also those ships came out years ago ... think of the children. I think us older collectors forget that these LEGO are first and foremost toys for kids.

Whoa, you're totally right. I didn't even consider that.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Here's GS:

cvy4vxK.jpg

Dat Marauder.

Edit: Or whatever it's called!
1336493014588.jpg

Love the statue and that building site barrier. I don't know why (the barrier) but I loved all building site toy stuff as a kid :)

Just ordered the Batman/Two-face chase set, i NEED a Batmobile in my collection and this one does seem solid after looking it up a bit :)

God, i'd do horrible things for a new UCS Batmobile, any chances of that happening at ALL down the line?

Finally getting to the bottom of the Box O' LEGO. The scale of the job didn't really hit me until I realised I've spent nearly two weeks sorting it, at around 2-3 hours a night!

There are a few bits missing from the sets - mostly large pieces like crane beams, baseplates etc. - that will have to be replaced, and minifigs are largely missing or incomplete, but so far we've got:

4641 – Speed Boat
5762 – Mini Plane
5763 – Dune Hopper
6913 – Blue Roadster
7235 – Police Motorcycle
8028 – Mini TIE Fighter
30010 – Fire Chief
30150 – Race Car

...complete, albeit without instructions/boxes/bags. We've also got the following, most of which are around 90% complete, with some only missing a handful of pieces:

4953 – Fast Flyers
6207 – A-Wing
7146 – TIE Fighter
7166 – Imperial Shuttle
7237 – Police Station
7239 – Fire Truck
7249 – XXL Mobile Crane
7685 – Dozer
7723 – Police Seaplane
7774 – Crab Crusher
7890 – Ambulance
7900 – Heavy Loader
7903 – Rescue Helicopter
7942 – Off-Road Fire Rescue
7945 – Fire Station
8134 – Night Crusher
8138 – Phantom Crasher
8139 – Night Blazer
8642 – Monster Crusher
8667 – Action Wheelie
10159 – City Airport

Trying to identify kits has been great fun - there's something vaguely archaeological/palaeontological about it :) - but going through 40 bags of sorted pieces trying to put together 600-900 piece sets has been less enjoyable :-/

Will be Bricklinking the missing pieces over the next wee while which will add a good bit to what we paid for the LEGO, but I'm pretty happy with the above haul for £60. Our daughter is dying to start building, so I'm going to download the instructions and let her get cracking with the smaller complete sets tonight.

7qCmnhsl.jpg

Polybag Z-95. Pretty lackluster. So what scale are these Polybag vehicles? Are they consider Mini or Midi? And those Planet series are probably same scale?

Finally getting to the bottom of the Box O' LEGO. The scale of the job didn't really hit me until I realised I've spent nearly two weeks sorting it, at around 2-3 hours a night!

There are a few bits missing from the sets - mostly large pieces like crane beams, baseplates etc. - that will have to be replaced, and minifigs are largely missing or incomplete, but so far we've got:

4641 – Speed Boat
5762 – Mini Plane
5763 – Dune Hopper
6913 – Blue Roadster
7235 – Police Motorcycle
8028 – Mini TIE Fighter
30010 – Fire Chief
30150 – Race Car

...complete, albeit without instructions/boxes/bags. We've also got the following, most of which are around 90% complete, with some only missing a handful of pieces:

4953 – Fast Flyers
6207 – A-Wing
7146 – TIE Fighter
7166 – Imperial Shuttle
7237 – Police Station
7239 – Fire Truck
7249 – XXL Mobile Crane
7685 – Dozer
7723 – Police Seaplane
7774 – Crab Crusher
7890 – Ambulance
7900 – Heavy Loader
7903 – Rescue Helicopter
7942 – Off-Road Fire Rescue
7945 – Fire Station
8134 – Night Crusher
8138 – Phantom Crasher
8139 – Night Blazer
8642 – Monster Crusher
8667 – Action Wheelie
10159 – City Airport

Trying to identify kits has been great fun - there's something vaguely archaeological/palaeontological about it :) - but going through 40 bags of sorted pieces trying to put together 600-900 piece sets has been less enjoyable :-/

Will be Bricklinking the missing pieces over the next wee while which will add a good bit to what we paid for the LEGO, but I'm pretty happy with the above haul for £60. Our daughter is dying to start building, so I'm going to download the instructions and let her get cracking with the smaller complete sets tonight.

I applaud the effort you have out into this project-I don't know if I would have te patience to do much more than sort the pieces, let alone define te sets.

Did you ever post how much you paid for the giant box of bricks?

I applaud the effort you have out into this project-I don't know if I would have te patience to do much more than sort the pieces, let alone define te sets.

Did you ever post how much you paid for the giant box of bricks?

Sorting the bricks was a drudge, but not too bad. Figuring out the sets and running through Peeron inventories has been a bit more fun. Think you have to have the right (wrong? ;-) ) kind of mind for it though!

We paid £60 for the whole box. Considering sets like the Fire Station/Police Station/Airport go for at least £20 secondhand without box/instructions, I reckon we've got our money's worth out of the box :)

mmm kind of want town square, reaaaalllly want the statue. I want to expand my lego city over time to give my heroes a better backdrop.

Which of these tiny superhero sets is the best?
Aquaman/mr freeze batman set
the xmen one
the spiderman one with nick fury

(already own lex luthor)

neonglow

mmm kind of want town square, reaaaalllly want the statue. I want to expand my lego city over time to give my heroes a better backdrop.

the xmen one

(already own lex luthor)

I like the Nick Fury one due to the hover car.

the xmen one

(already own lex luthor)

By X-Men one do you mean the Wolverine set? The set is pretty uninspired but the figures are amazing. Plus it is the oldest of the ones you listed...

rallaren

the xmen one

(already own lex luthor)
I'd go with the spidey one for the vehicles.

I have the wolverine one and it's meh. Get it if you want some nice wine red pieces. Edit: Which are not that many now when I look at it.

Well, I know I inevitably will buy the batman one. I guess my real question is, has anybody who only bought the spidey or wolverine sets for just the minifigures horribly regretted their purchase?

Well, I know I inevitably will buy the batman one. I guess my real question is, has anybody who only bought the spidey or wolverine sets for just the minifigures horribly regretted their purchase?
Wolverine set had Deadpool.
Daily Bugle set had Spidey, JJJ, Nova, and Doom.

I regret nothing.

Top Bottom