• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Fantomex

I think when I revisit him, the eyes will be something that might need to be simplified. Most people with either mighty muggs or even litte figurines go with either the Precious Moments eyes, or the Manga huge eyes. I guess well see for the Round 2, Comeback tour Elvis :)

So my wife likes ELVIS, and she really likes building modulars. So I made her an Elvis figure for her birthday. Here is the breakdown if anybody cares what the process was.

Great work! I've often thought of doing some custom work with waterslide decals, but never did anything. I'm not too concerned about the body, but is it easy to see head decal application?

Check out e-bay, there's a bunch of Elvis minifigs 1/2 as good as yours going for $20+.

Fantomex

Great work! I've often thought of doing some custom work with waterslide decals, but never did anything. I'm not too concerned about the body, but is it easy to see head decal application?

Check out e-bay, there's a bunch of Elvis minifigs 1/2 as good as yours going for $20+.

wow $20 bucks? Crazy. The head application is not hard at all, and even if you mess up its easy to just print another and try again. You have a good 20 seconds to press the decal down with water and get it placed just the way you want it. If it's drying to fast, you just get your fingers wet and douse it a little bit. It's almost like when we were kids and put on the fake tattoos and then realized it was crooked, so we kinda slid them a bit. Except its a lot easier.

Stopped by Target to get groceries, and hoped they had series 10 figs. No series 10, but tons of series 9. The real gem was on the clearance aisle:
Monster Fighters Mummy for $5.98. Had to snag that one since I didn't have it.
They had the Ninjago Epic Dragon Battle for $84. I did not snag that since it was still pricey for a cool set, but not one I was terribly interested in.

Then I saw this:
9442_alt1.jpg

I had no interest in it, but checked to see what the price was since it was on clearance. Price check showed it did not exist in their system. So I go to customer service and they see it is an online only item for Target, so they printed up a label for it.

I got that $25 for $1.56. Yeah. You bet I bought it. I get a blue ninja and a decent parts pack now. :)

Darn that's an excellent find and I forgot the set doesn't look half bad either!

It's actually a cool build. You slide part of the top (engine part) and the wings flip open. It's also a lot more solid/stable compared to a lot of the other Ninjago sets which fall apart easily IMO. Only negative is the wing action is supplied by rubber band power. Very swooshable.

It's actually a cool build. You slide part of the top (engine part) and the wings flip open. It's also a lot more solid/stable compared to a lot of the other Ninjago sets which fall apart easily IMO. Only negative is the wing action is supplied by rubber band power. Very swooshable.

Sweet. About to open it up and build now.

Finally finished the Dino Defense HQ after dragging it out over several nights. (Severe allergies have made me lethargic and lil loopy). Pretty cool set, with a few neat touches but very basic building techniques. The real highlights are the dinos themselves. Much more poseable than I originally thought. I can tell I am going to have a lot of fun with those dinos.

I'm very weak to swooshable sets, very weak indeed.

ghostmind

Finished the set. It is quite swoosh able. A lot cooler than I expected from the box. Cool technique for the wings, and the way it springs open is pretty cool too. In the end though, I have a very cool parts pack. All dat gold...

Two dollars - LOL, I bought this at full price back when my son wanted everything Ninjago. It does have a sweet swing-wing system though. Many of the Ninjago sets actually are pretty good but get overlooked because its a "kid theme".

Two dollars - LOL, I bought this at full price back when my son wanted everything Ninjago. It does have a sweet swing-wing system though. Many of the Ninjago sets actually are pretty good but get overlooked because its a "kid theme".
Less than $2. :)
$1.56. Best deal on Lego I ever found. And yes, ninjago is pretty cool. The two sets I have gotten. I want some more now. Especially the mechs.

flyingpig

Neo Member
Stopped by Target to get groceries, and hoped they had series 10 figs. No series 10, but tons of series 9. The real gem was on the clearance aisle:
Monster Fighters Mummy for $5.98. Had to snag that one since I didn't have it.
They had the Ninjago Epic Dragon Battle for $84. I did not snag that since it was still pricey for a cool set, but not one I was terribly interested in.

Then I saw this:
9442_alt1.jpg

I had no interest in it, but checked to see what the price was since it was on clearance. Price check showed it did not exist in their system. So I go to customer service and they see it is an online only item for Target, so they printed up a label for it.

I got that $25 for $1.56. Yeah. You bet I bought it. I get a blue ninja and a decent parts pack now. :)

Are MF on clearance at Target already? Hmm. I need to go look at that.

These aren't the droids nor Speeders you are looking for.

mjOn9X1l.jpg

You know I bitch an complain about recent LEGO Star Wars price but man if this 2010 set is not basically a cash grab for Mini-figs collectors. A $24.00 retail set with 160 pieces and giant box full of air. Nice set to pick up though if you need the Mini-figures. I would be a bit annoy if I didn't get this for free.

XJMQ4jTl.jpg

The Landspeeder is similar to the old Mos Eisley one but with tan color instead of pink. I think the old one color are more closely resemble the movie version. The red and maroon brick also seems a bit off. The exposed engine nacelle is also kinda lame looking but I applaud them for trying. I guess it's better than just using different color piece to simulate exposed part. If I were to MOC this thing I probably would use pink panel accent with tan flat pieces. I like the probe droid even though it doesn't look anything like the one from the Special Edition of A New Hope.

Apparently, this is Mr. Gold:

8sLyrcH.jpg

Can anyone tell me what the black base is "called".

I want to get 50 or so of them off Bricklink or wherever, in order to display all my Star Wars minifigs in a glass case.

I've tried "Minifig base" and other terms I'd deem a logical description, but it doesn't appear on Bricklink?

Can anyone tell me what the black base is "called".

I want to get 50 or so of them off Bricklink or wherever, in order to display all my Star Wars minifigs in a glass case.

I've tried "Minifig base" and other terms I'd deem a logical description, but it doesn't appear on Bricklink?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=lego+minifigure+stand

A bunch on eBay. I search under Minifigures stand. I don't know if 60 for $20 is a good deal or not but this one guy have a bunch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-BULK-L...ding_Toys_US&hash=item43b30f4966#ht_162wt_985

Ironmask

Lego Gaf. I'm back trying to post again. I did some custom figs If you guys are into that sort of thing.

what are you waiting for? that's what the thread is for :)

edit: daaaamn awesome custom you made, don't worry about the face. Even LEGO's first custm head prints were lame (i talk about the harry potter and stuff like this) but then managed to get a distinct style

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Race to Gold figure everyone?
Wouldn't it piss you off if you went to the local shop and found someone had just bought the whole lot.

The place my parents are going open the bags before hand so if there was a gold they will probably keep it for themselves the cheeky chaps, or sell at a premium.

Milamber

Definitely would. But life is always unfair.

Lucky for me, I got like at least 3 shops where I know the guys enough that will inform me of series 10 boxes coming in.

Anyone here have Creationary? Is it fun?

We have it, the wife and I actually had a TON of fun the 2 or 3 times we played so far...

It's great fun trying trying to come up with innovative techniques to display a certain object and then have the other person try and figure out what it is! A lot of times she knew IMMEDIATELY what it was supposed to be even though my creations often looked really bad/uninspired lol i guess it also shows you just how well you know your partner ;)

vladdamad

Can someone help figure out where one of my baseplates is from? As a kid I remember getting a box full of spare Lego parts (1996/1997 maybe?) and the piece that got the most use was a yellow/brown (kinda like the colour scheme of the egypt Adventurers theme) baseplate. It was relatively large, and had a kind of river printed on it cutting off one of the corners (leaving a small island in one of the corners).

Sorry, it's kinda hard to describe it in words, but if anyone can figure out which set it comes from that would be great. Spent years trying to find out but never could

Chuckie

Can someone help figure out where one of my baseplates is from? As a kid I remember getting a box full of spare Lego parts (1996/1997 maybe?) and the piece that got the most use was a yellow/brown (kinda like the colour scheme of the egypt Adventurers theme) baseplate. It was relatively large, and had a kind of river printed on it cutting off one of the corners (leaving a small island in one of the corners).

Sorry, it's kinda hard to describe it in words, but if anyone can figure out which set it comes from that would be great. Spent years trying to find out but never could

This one? Its more green than you describe though.

$T2eC16FHJHgE9n0yDkCHBRWFiLt!pg~~60_12.JPG

vladdamad

This one? Its more green than you describe though.

$T2eC16FHJHgE9n0yDkCHBRWFiLt!pg~~60_12.JPG

No but really, really similar! The river's placement is exactly the same as in one of those, but instead of the green, you have a yellowish kinda colour

EDIT: Oh, and there's no raised rocks like in the photo

Dragoshi1

May head to Legoland Florida this weekend, Year tickets already printed!

Definitely gonna hit the Minifig market and Big Store, see if they have some sets I've been tracking for a while, you never know.

I also heard that we can trade minifigs with employees where they cannot turn you down, may bring a generic police officer to trade away.

Anyone know what exactly we have to work with at Minifig market in regards to making our own minifig? Like, does it contain pieces from all the Minifigures series or something?

I'm going to stop in at TRU today and see if any of the Lone Ranger sets are on sale yet. I'm specifically looking for the stagecoach.
They have them. And they are VERY overpriced. Think the Stage Coach was $38 or something. Silver Mine was $80 or $85. I saw it Monday and scoffed.
I would just order them from Lego since they have free shipping right now.

SpeedNut

TRU is running a $25 off $100 LEGO purchase this week. Honestly I think they prop those prices up to make it regular retail after the discounts.

You can take the logos off the dice piece and use them as wall hangings in your little dioramas!

Seriously though, I have no idea. My daughter plays the iOS versions all the time but they're pretty watered down I think.

We have it, the wife and I actually had a TON of fun the 2 or 3 times we played so far...

It's great fun trying trying to come up with innovative techniques to display a certain object and then have the other person try and figure out what it is! A lot of times she knew IMMEDIATELY what it was supposed to be even though my creations often looked really bad/uninspired lol i guess it also shows you just how well you know your partner ;)

Sounds like fun. We've been looking for a new game to play with the group. Everyone is sick of Cranium and maybe with this game I could make some new LEGO fanatics :)

MjFrancis

Then I saw this:
9442_alt1.jpg

That's a ridiculously good price for a set like that. Good pick!

I think I may have asked this before but I'm not sure.

Have any of you attended a grand opening, and if so do you have any idea how the promotion with the LEGO store kit actually works? Do the stores get a limited quantity?

I've got a local (the fourth one!) LEGO store holding the grand opening next month and I'm thinking about taking the morning off to line up. Yes, I know how bad that sounds.

Top Bottom