• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

I built the Daily Bugle Showdown and it doesn't look right without applying the stickers. Do you guys have any tips on putting stickers on without it looking crooked?

No drinking drinks with sugar, alcohol or anything other than water. Same goes for food too.

Someone should start a business where they apply all your stickers straight.

Goodbye Cafe MOC. You lived a good life for nearly a year, but it is time you merged with the infinite and your parts be reborn in a newer, better MOC. You were loved for being my first ever modular MOC and my first MOC in over 20 years. You will live forever in my heart, but you go to a better place now.

ruxtpin

Banned
Welp. Went to the local Lego store and picked up Tower Bridge. I was also the only customer in the entire store. I'll have to remember that 7pm during the week is the perfect time to go.

Goodbye Cafe MOC. You lived a good life for nearly a year, but it is time you merged with the infinite and your parts be reborn in a newer, better MOC. You were loved for being my first ever modular MOC and my first MOC in over 20 years. You will live forever in my heart, but you go to a better place now.

You should do a reverse time lapse to record how you built it.

Welp. Went to the local Lego store and picked up Tower Bridge. I was also the only customer in the entire store. I'll have to remember that 7pm during the week is the perfect time to go.

Enjoy. As I disassemble my Cafe MOC, I am reminded of how much Tower Bridge contributed to it. Like 90%

You should do a reverse time lapse to record how you built it.

Too late. Two out of three floors gone.
Also, as I take it down I am reminded of how sloppy some of the techniques were as I built it. It was my first MOC in about 20 years, and my first large scale MOC. My Mansion Modular MOC is my favorite, because it is clean and efficient in the techniques. I am debating about taking down my Corner Bookstore MOC as well just to have a HUGE pile of bricks for inventory to make another MOC without limitation, much like when I did the Mansion Modular.

Weekdays is always the best time for me. Hardly anyone is at the malls anyway so I can take my time there and chat with the staff.

Weekdays is always the best time for me. Hardly anyone is at the malls anyway so I can take my time there and chat with the staff.

The two trips I made I did at like 11am on a Monday. Place was dead. Gave me time to chat with the staff as I took my sweet time at the PAB wall. Was great.

I am afraid of what it will be like on May 4th when I drive there. But also excited.

ghostmind

The two trips I made I did at like 11am on a Monday. Place was dead. Gave me time to chat with the staff as I took my sweet time at the PAB wall. Was great.

I am afraid of what it will be like on May 4th when I drive there. But also excited.

Release days are always fun - so much energy - from kids or adults. Especially when it is an AFOL set.

With may 4th falling on a Saturday this year, things are going to be extra-crazy.

ghostmind

I've never been to an AFOL event before, am I missing out?

The LEGO store thing I mentioned is not really an event, more of a product launch.

The last really memorable one was the day the Haunted House launched - a big line formed outside the store, with Non-Fans-of-LEGO walking by in utter confusion at all the excitement.

Someone posted an Iron Man Malibu Mansion mod a few pages back and I was just wondering if there were instructions for it anywhere or if whoever made it just posted pics to show it off. It's so much better than LEGO's official set and I want to build it so bad, but I'm totally not skilled enough to pull it off.

ghostmind

Someone posted an Iron Man Malibu Mansion mod a few pages back and I was just wondering if there were instructions for it anywhere or if whoever made it just posted pics to show it off. It's so much better than LEGO's official set and I want to build it so bad, but I'm totally not skilled enough to pull it off.

Those were all the pics that were posted...uh wherever I found it. There were no instructions provided.

The LEGO store thing I mentioned is not really an event, more of a product launch.

The last really memorable one was the day the Haunted House launched - a big line formed outside the store, with Non-Fans-of-LEGO walking by in utter confusion at all the excitement.
I am excited. I am working until 11 the night of the 3rd, but plan on getting to the Lego store by 930 am on the 4th. No sleep for me before the long drive. Must get my X Wing and B wing!

Chuck

Still without luck
iw16Et4Isl02m.jpg

ibqUa6tVVII2mP.jpg

Guess who get's to build this! :D More pics tomorrow when i get started.

neonglow

I finished applying all the stickers to my Daily Bugle set. It was a pain to put so many stickers on. I had to peel and reapply a couple of them so they aligned. I'll need to buy tweezers and whatever things stamp collectors use.

Anyways, I like how the Daily Bugle turned out. It's pretty sturdy and tall building overall. There's lots of play features with several push knobs everywhere. It's the usual "knock wall off" and "drop trap door" style play feature.

The jet that comes with the set feels like it was built by a different designer. It uses a ton of flat plates to achieve it's look. One disappointment is that there is no cockpit controls and you need to remove Dr. Doom's cape to fit him in it.

Overall, it's a great set for kids and MUCH better than the Hulk set in the same price point.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Chuck, you're UK lego store right? Mind saying which one?just curious

May 4th is good timing - Saturday so I can get it on release day without taking a day off, and a bank holiday weekend so we have Monday off

Ironmask

I love the Friends line and all, but this set is ugly.

The mix mash of colors...ugh. And what is with all the Friends shops like that having such a similar design?

you know what you have to do

add two floors and make it a proper corner building

kidding aside, my daughter have the city café 3061 and it's meh on the building, but really great on furnitures' building (a thing that the creator's houses lacks) just look here

3061_alt5.jpg

you know what you have to do

add two floors and make it a proper corner building

kidding aside, my daughter have the city café 3061 and it's meh on the building, but really great on furnitures' building (a thing that the creator's houses lacks) just look here

3061_alt5.jpg

Gonna repost my love for the set and the Beauty Shop when I got it last August.

HULK LOOK FABULOUS!

HULK THINK PONY TAIL IS SMASHING!

NOW DEADPOOL JUST TROLLING HULK!

WHAT IS THIS PLACE? HULK CONFUSED WHEN NO SIGN STICKER IS APPLIED!

DEADPOOL, YOU NO TOUCH HULK'S BURGER!

HULK WANT PIE!

NOW TURN ON ICE CREAM MACHINE, DEADPOOL!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41280279&postcount=15078

ruxtpin

Banned
Donno' how often folks here check out the EB forums, but I found this model recently -

4157296558_6c1f405c40_o.jpg

The whole thing is modular and the different hospital areas slide out -

4198873495_07689b6793_o.jpg

EB Thread - The guy even put instructions up for sale. I'm considering picking them up and seeing what I'd need to make a go at my own version.

kidding aside, my daughter have the city café 3061 and it's meh on the building, but really great on furnitures' building (a thing that the creator's houses lacks)
This seems to be the norm with all of the Friends buildings. The structures themselves are just half-buildings that don't quite look right, while the furniture and other interior detail is what steals the show. I still think that the most complete Friends building, in my opinion, is Olivia's House, which balances both aspects fairly well.

Side note: Holy CRAP at that hospital MOC! I like the MRI machine.

ghostmind

May the 4th Update (NorthAm):

-FREE Shipping with purchases of $49 (It doesn't specifically say "just Star Wars")
-FREE exclusive LEGO Star Wars Han Solo (Hoth) minifigure with a LEGO Star Wars purchase of $75 or more
-FREE exclusive Star Wars poster with any LEGO Star Wars purchase
-LEGO Star Wars sets on sale (go to http://shop.lego.com/starwarspromo for more details.)

Of course that URL is not active yet.

ghostmind

According to the Brick Show, people are buying boxes of Series 10 minifigs from TRU and then returning whatever they don't want.

Sigh, the speculators never fail to disappoint.

According to the Brick Show, people are buying boxes of Series 10 minifigs from TRU and then returning whatever they don't want.

Sigh, the speculators never fail to disappoint.

Eh. Eventually I will get all the figures. If I stumble upon a Mr. Gold, then fine. Eventually smaller places will get figures.

me too! or do I? :p

frack them!

Oh, you want the B-Wing. Search your feelings. You know it to be true!

And as for the speculators buying up all the figures then returning them, at least they are returning them so those of us that want the figures can still get them. We just may miss out on Mr. Gold.

Dragoshi1

Got my Tripod!

After Legoland on Saturday, if I don't come home with anything, I plan to get the Atlantis Guardian of the Deep and another UFO set.

Got my Tripod!

After Legoland on Saturday, if I don't come home with anything, I plan to get the Atlantis Guardian of the Deep and another UFO set.

If by UFO sets you mean Alien Conquest, i can only recommend UFO Abduction, neat little set, comes with a nice UFO, a red light brick (for a pretty cool effect) a great alien, space defender and an awesome Farmer (with pitchfork) :)

Top Bottom