• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Fowler

Us non-US & UK are always getting shafted in the LEGO dept.

But we still take it.

Damn straight.

This is why I've been hitting every store that has a chance of selling Lego while being in the US!

Picked up Lex's Power Armor thanks to the great reviews from everyone here. Plus it was a good chance to get classic Superman AND Wonder Woman cheap...

Milamber

The LEGO 10221: Super Star Destroyer and LEGO 10188: Death Star is selling in my country for 740 USD converted, individually. I don't even know if that is a good deal.

Naka

Welp, wasn't sure if I was going to get anything on May the 4th, but with the B-Wing being 50% off I don't think I can pass that up.

Kalamoj

I was in Billund in early March, I made some pictures for you guys in the Idea House. Enjoy!

qCKAjEX.jpg

Old building, and the 2012 Christmas set.
1IUHNpL.jpg

Original duck
JEmxTXj.jpg

Incredible 'statue'
xAw3a4M.jpg

And some vintage toys/sets
xRHIxaH.jpg

95GbPtg.jpg

xHEgV8F.jpg

pvcZZK6.jpg

D7KlbcR.jpg

UCjPF8Y.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Even at 50% off I'm torn. 50% off SSD or Death Star and I'm in, but the B-Wing doesn't really do it for me that much (least favourite OT ship)

Even at 50% off I'm torn. 50% off SSD or Death Star and I'm in, but the B-Wing doesn't really do it for me that much (least favourite OT ship)

That will take it down to under $.10 a brick. If anything it would be a nice parts pack if you dont like it as a display piece.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That will take it down to under $.10 a brick. If anything it would be a nice parts pack if you dont like it as a display piece.
I guess, but I'm not exactly short of grey wedge plates :). And it's massive, never realised until I saw it in my lego store dwarfing R2

Also, is that a US sale - might not hold in UK?

I guess, but I'm not exactly short of grey wedge plates :). And it's massive, never realised until I saw it in my lego store dwarfing R2

Also, is that a US sale - might not hold in UK?

Well, there are some pretty unique parts in the set in good quantities. The grey 2x2 anchor bricks in particular.

As much as I like the B-Wing design, it was just one of the least excting UCS to build for me for some reason. All the others were so much fun to me and was so happy with the experience, the B-Wing... dunno it just built up so fast and too much repetition.

I had no interest....no interest in the B-Wing...but for $125 CAD...ugh.

The Marvel promo later in the month doesn't apply to superhero sets only right?

I had no interest....no interest in the B-Wing...but for $125 CAD...ugh.

The Marvel promo later in the month doesn't apply to superhero sets only right?

yeah $125 CAD, that set was totally off my radar, but dat 50% off maybe a one in a life time opportunity, I might bite, for those who have it, how's the build? would you recommend it? does it come with a mini figure?

As much as I like the B-Wing design, it was just one of the least excting UCS to build for me for some reason. All the others were so much fun to me and was so happy with the experience, the B-Wing... dunno it just built up so fast and too much repetition.

ok, very unsure about this then... :(

ghostmind

I was in Billund in early March, I made some pictures for you guys in the Idea House. Enjoy!

qCKAjEX.jpg

1IUHNpL.jpg

Original duck
JEmxTXj.jpg

Incredible 'statue'
xAw3a4M.jpg

xRHIxaH.jpg

95GbPtg.jpg

xHEgV8F.jpg

pvcZZK6.jpg

D7KlbcR.jpg

UCjPF8Y.jpg

These look great - thanks! I love this kind of historical stuff.

Glad to see the Galaxy Explorer getting its due.

I need to do my own pilgrimage to Billund - someday!

yeah $125 CAD, that set was totally off my radar, but dat 50% off maybe a one in a life time opportunity, I might bite, for those who have it, how's the build? would you recommend it? does it come with a mini figure?

ok, very unsure about this then... :(

At 50% off it's a good deal for such a large and cool ship. But to me I don't think it was worth the original price tag. 50% off is a heck of a deal.
I can see how it could be repetitious with the mirrored design. I am excited to get it though. And Ghostmind raved about it.

On a different note: I have a BN 20% off coupon for whomever wants it.

D7KlbcR.jpg

Love that old style of Space. Oh, and a cameo by the next item on my rebuild list, the Sonic Robot. Such a crappy, crappy set :D

I went to the Billund Legoland back in '94, but obviously we didn't visit the actual offices. Is it open to the public? Any chance of a "press" tour if you're a decently dedicated blogger?

50% off B-wing on May 4th.

More when i find out more later, but I heard that's the big one.

tell me that is worldwide....

6azH8IQ.gif

thats me folded, Cannot postpone buying new LEGO any longer...
need the fix
8LqbvVk.gif

and best of all its a saturday, I can get to the store right on time :D

LEGO GAF seems to be privy of very exclusive news!

sqwarlock

Will the 50% off B-Wing be in-store only, or will it extend to shop@home as well? I have a Lego Store close by, but I'm not sure that I want to get there early and line-up if I can just wake up early and order it online.

chimster

Will the 50% off B-Wing be in-store only, or will it extend to shop@home as well? I have a Lego Store close by, but I'm not sure that I want to get there early and line-up if I can just wake up early and order it online.

last year the deals were online and in-stores, we will have to wait and see

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Well because I've wanted the Iron Man minifig for almost as long as I've been in this thread, and because I had that £20 set aside for LEGO, and because it's my birthday on Tuesday, and because I'm going to be going to see Iron Man 3 then too, I finally bought that Extremis Sea Battle set. Just to show how recently I've got back into LEGO and how little extra money I've had to spend on it, this is actually the first ever set I've bought with numbered bags. Looking forward to adding to my superhero office desk collection!

ghostmind

LEGO designer, Marcos Bessa, created 76009 Superman: Black Zero Escape.

His notes on the set:

This is a small set I designed while developing the Lone Ranger train and another quite big set coming later this year... The reference from the movie had quite some organic shapes and it was overall very difficult to translate into LEGO pieces without creating new elements, so that was my biggest challenge here. Not my favorite creation to date, but a fun little playset I believe. And the minifigs are awesome!

Another quite big set coming later this year, you say?

QD5LCYh.jpg

My current thinking is a June reveal for an October release. I'm looking forward to it, for obvious reasons, and also so I don't have to keep combing the internet for any more information regarding its existence.

LEGO designer, Marcos Bessa, created 76009 Superman: Black Zero Escape.

His notes on the set:

Another quite big set coming later this year, you say?

QD5LCYh.jpg

My current thinking is a June reveal for an October release. I'm looking forward to it, for obvious reasons, and also so I don't have to keep combing the internet for any more information regarding its existence.

8fYZeXW.jpg

Chuck

Still without luck

You can always try calling up the store before they open and asking them to hold it for you. They should hold it for the whole day.

Dragoshi1

THE TRIPOD HAS LANDED!

8Pkn8au.png

Alien Squad has some pretty cool looking UFOs and stuff. I may get that UFO Abduction that someone mentioned a page or two back.

I was also looking for Guardian of the Deep from Lego Atlantis.

You can always try calling up the store before they open and asking them to hold it for you. They should hold it for the whole day.

I shall do that on Friday the 3rd. Call them and ask to hold it since I plan to come early on Saturday. I don't want them to run out.

Ironmask

Friend at BN said they've had it in store for like two weeks, but can't sell it until May 1st. I can't wait to get it.

i ordered on amazon.com since it's reveal in december, but i'm gonna be the last to get it on this thread, thanks to a 1 month delivery time from Amazon USA. (well, at least i snatched it at 11$)

qCKAjEX.jpg

1IUHNpL.jpg

Original duck
JEmxTXj.jpg

Incredible 'statue'
xAw3a4M.jpg

xRHIxaH.jpg

95GbPtg.jpg

xHEgV8F.jpg

pvcZZK6.jpg

D7KlbcR.jpg

UCjPF8Y.jpg

Mmmm...love seeing those Legoland sets again. So simple and yet so great, love their simple builds.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Anything else special on may 4th? I'm in London on may 3rd so might just pick up the x-wing then, save an extra trip on Saturday

Was talking with a Lego Store employee today (Man is that place barren on weekdays, love it) and I was saying they need a UCS of Sauron's Tower.

The pure scale of the B-Wing alone is what makes it worth a purchase. Sure, you're building mirrored components, but there's some serious magic to be had in joining them together to create a seriously sturdy and awesome section. It looks superb completed.

The pure scale of the B-Wing alone is what makes it worth a purchase. Sure, you're building mirrored components, but there's some serious magic to be had in joining them together to create a seriously sturdy and awesome section. It looks superb completed.

STAHP! I don't need to go down this road.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I had no idea desire to buy the Bwing when it came out last year. I love star wars stuff and still 0 interest....but at 50% off.....YUP! Sign me up. I will spend the money I don't have. This is the ship I'm looking for.

Top Bottom