• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

According to the Brick Show, people are buying boxes of Series 10 minifigs from TRU and then returning whatever they don't want.

Sigh, the speculators never fail to disappoint.

Frak! That is so lame. Poor person who grabs a bunch without groping the bags and ends up with 10 skydivers and motorcycle mechanics. Wonder why LEGO thought people would want so many skydivers and mechanics. It's the poor kids that don't know how to grope bags yet that will suffer the most.

frogg609

So I placed a pretty big order on lego.com last Thursday (Death Star, plus some others).

The order has shipped, and will be at my house tomorrow. However, my card hasn't been charged yet.

Does lego.com take a long time to actually auth their transactions? This just seems odd to me.

Went to TRU. Only one figure left: a roman soldier. Snagged it because more soldiers are always good.

And FYI: Target has permanently marked down Sith Fury. $73. Get it while it's hot.

Fowler

Went to Toys R Us in Atlanta. Really disappointed.

Surprised by how much Prince of Persia stuff was still on the shelves.

They had a buy-one-get-one-40%-off deal... except it doesn't apply to Lone Ranger, Superhero or Star Wars.

Also didn't see ANY minifigs, S9 or S10. They may have actually had them, but the staff was completely clueless. They literally didn't know where the minifigs were, said that they all looked for them earlier in the day, and assumed that they didn't have any because nobody could find them.

All in all, a bit of a bust really.

ruxtpin

Banned
Snagged the Werewolf MF Tree set, Vampire Hearse set, Mummy MF set, and Swamp Thing MF set for 50 bucks from Wally World.

MF = Monster Fighter

Snagged the Werewolf MF Tree set, Vampire Hearse set, Mummy MF set, and Swamp Thing MF set for 50 bucks from Wally World.

MF = Monster Fighter

You already have a few others in the series right?

Looks like I'm going to Target after work today. Been wanting that set for a while.

They still list it as $90 on the website, but the store had the "new low price!" sign on the shelf for the set. Wal Mart still has it marked down as well.

suplex

My fiance is awesome and got me Palace Cinema and Horizon Express for my birthday. She forgot I already had Horizon Express, and as cool as it would be to have two and make a mega train, I think I'm gonna exchange it and get Pet Shop or Town Hall.

This adds to my already crazy backlog, I need to start building some of these.

ruxtpin

Banned
You already have a few others in the series right?

I have the Haunted House. And the little Swamp guy. Wal-Mart also had the Ghost Train (I wasn't sold on, even though I like train sets), the Mad Scientist set (which didn't seem to have a lot of useful pieces for MOC-ing), and the big tower set (which also seemed to lack pieces I'd use - and I don't have space for). Who knows, may go back if I change my mind.

My fiance is awesome and got me Palace Cinema and Horizon Express for my birthday. She forgot I already had Horizon Express, and as cool as it would be to have two and make a mega train, I think I'm gonna exchange it and get Pet Shop or Town Hall.

This adds to my already crazy backlog, I need to start building some of these.

Get Pet Shop first. It wont cost you much out of pocket after exchanging Horizon Express.

Marko723

Neo Member
I built the Daily Bugle Showdown and it doesn't look right without applying the stickers. Do you guys have any tips on putting stickers on without it looking crooked?

I use a scalpel or a tip of a small knife. Just lift the sticker off the sheet on a corner with the knife tip. It allows me to have better control. I usually hold the sticker against the knife with a thumb and it has allowed me to line up the placement with very good results.

8667738986_e8e02e2a0f_c.jpg

50% off B-wing on May 4th.

More when i find out more later, but I heard that's the big one.

50%?

50%?!!!?!

tumblr_lffo80Lu951qb84lwo1_400.gif

If they sell out in store, will they honor that ship to home?
I plan on being there the second the door opens, but DAMN is that a discount I was not expecting. I was expecting 25%. Just...damn.

Guess it is going to pay off for waiting.

Chuck

Still without luck
50%?

50%?!!!?!

If they sell out in store, will they honor that ship to home?
I plan on being there the second the door opens, but DAMN is that a discount I was not expecting. I was expecting 25%. Just...damn.

Guess it is going to pay off for waiting.

they should. last year the sales extended to the website too iirc.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
About to get started!

Just so everyone doesn't get disappointed when they get theirs...

So this :

turned out to be this

and these

:/

Wait, so not only is it not printed, you have to precisely cut out the stickers as well?

LEGO is too fucking cheap to cut out stickers now?

chidrock

Wait, so not only is it not printed, you have to precisely cut out the stickers as well?

Maybe they just didn't trust their machines to be precise enough? I know I've gotten stickers that we're a little off in the past and it was annoying.

If the B-Wing is half off I will finally give in. does anyone know how it holds up over time? I don't think I'll get it if the wings are just going to flex the way the Star Destroyer UCS did.

ghostmind

Maybe they just didn't trust their machines to be precise enough? I know I've gotten stickers that we're a little off in the past and it was annoying.

If the B-Wing is half off I will finally give in. does anyone know how it holds up over time? I don't think I'll get it if the wings are just going to flex the way the Star Destroyer UCS did.

Mine's been on display since it was released, and no signs of fatigue yet.

I love how LEGO reuses pieces and relies on your imagination. That said, sometimes the purist in me doesn't care and appreciates 3rd party accessories or accessories from clone brands.

Exhibit A

It's not the caliber size, but how you use it.

Totally true. I was at Lasting Toys on Thursday and they had just received a ton of special parts from a company whose name I was familiar with but can't remember now.

Guns. Bows. Canons....and livestock. So many pigs and cows...the quality was amazing.

Edit: 50% off B-Wing? Damn. Wasn't even on my radar. Falcon, Red Five
slowdive forever
and R2 were my options...ugh.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

The mount kind of makes sure it can't bent. Also, the wings are not that heavy. the bulk is all in the engine section.

Chuck

Still without luck
So that B-wing sale is just about it. There are some 10% off sets but not that many. I'll just rattle them off now:

-Pre Viz
-Y-wing
-Hoth Echo Base
-Palpatine's Arrest
-A-wing
-Anakin's Interceptor
-Jabba's
-Desert Skiff
-Sith Fury
-series 2 planets

And keychains are 20% off. Yeah, aside from b-wing it's jack squat.

I didn't notice that... WTF?!?

Ok, so these stickers are super, super sticky. They're also exactly the size of the area they need to cover. So what you see is them showing you a way to cut it out so that you can place it perfectly on the edge first where it will stick tight, then let it flop over the rest.

50% off B-Wing?

Bomba-Wing?

Maybe. It hasn't been selling very well in our store.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
In that case, I'm even more pissed they didn't print it if it is a one shot or fuck it up type of deal. If it's an exact fit, then LEGO should have EXACTLY cut them in the proper size for us.

As a side note, anyone here follow bricklink/ebay prices? I'm wondering, how did this new UCS X-Wing affect the price of the old one? Did it tank? Stay the same since it's still a collectable?

ghostmind

So that B-wing sale is just about it. There are some 10% off sets but not that many. I'll just rattle them off now:

-Pre Viz
-Y-wing
-Hoth Echo Base
-Palpatine's Arrest
-A-wing
-Anakin's Interceptor
-Jabba's
-Desert Skiff
-Sith Fury
-series 2 planets

And keychains are 20% off. Yeah, aside from b-wing it's jack squat.

See, that is about what I expected. The B-wing though is totally out of left field.

And I totally love how often LEGO-GAF gets the scoop ahead of the dedicated LEGO sites.

Chuck

Still without luck
See, that is about what I expected. The B-wing though is totally out of left field.

And I totally love how often LEGO-GAF gets the scoop ahead of the dedicated LEGO sites.

:) Actually I think they sent off the email just tonight, and I happened to work. :p

Also, we still get our 30% off discount on May 4th sales so $70 B-wing yes please!

Top Bottom