• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

The pure scale of the B-Wing alone is what makes it worth a purchase. Sure, you're building mirrored components, but there's some serious magic to be had in joining them together to create a seriously sturdy and awesome section. It looks superb completed.

STAHP! I don't need to go down this road.
Seeing it in person, the set is HUGE. The scale is glorious and has me so excited to buy it next week. I just got a lot of display shelves, so there is now a big empty area awaiting new Rebel ships.

ghostmind

new "movie" Yoda:

x4Csx51.jpg

old "Clone Wars" Yoda:

VrtqmIp.jpg

Seeing it in person, the set is HUGE. The scale is glorious and has me so excited to buy it next week. I just got a lot of display shelves, so there is now a big empty area awaiting new Rebel ships.

And if you have some discounts stored up, you can get it under 100 easily. For a UCS set! Brand onew!

I'm sitting on $100 VIP credit right now. Since hearing about the discount I've been checking out pictures and you're right, the thing is massive. What to do, what to do...

new "movie" Yoda:

x4Csx51.jpg

old "Clone Wars" Yoda:

VrtqmIp.jpg

New Yoda looks dope. Like an actual action figure head.

I was THIS CLOSE to buying either the Iron Man 3 Malibu Mansion set or the Batman Joker's Funhouse set this afternoon, but my wife ended up talking me into getting neither until I finish my unbuilt CUUSOO and mini-modular sets.

I shall continue checking Target for that last Quinjet to go on clearance though...

I can't find series 10 Minifigs anywhere! ;_;

I'm sitting on $100 VIP credit right now. Since hearing about the discount I've been checking out pictures and you're right, the thing is massive. What to do, what to do...

New Yoda looks dope. Like an actual action figure head.
Oh, pics cant give justice to how huge it is. And wih that much credit, just order it. Next to nothing out of pocket to give yourself to the Dark Side.

$5 B-wing!

p.s. X-wing is coming along very, very well. Absolutely Fantastic build so far. Probably my new favorite build. Pictures of the whole build tomorrow when I finish.

If I get the B-Wing I'd like to say I'd have enough self will to say X-Wing would be my only other SW set but who knows. Those two ships were my favorites when I was kid (remember having micro machines of both and taking them everywhere, swooshing) and even though SW doesn't mean as much as it once did to me, I'd like to have them in LEGO form.

Oh, pics cant give justice to how huge it is. And wih that much credit, just order it. Next to nothing out of pocket to give yourself to the Dark Side.

It was supposed to be credit towards Orthanc but I don't think I can pass this up.

If I get the B-Wing I'd like to say I'd have enough self will to say X-Wing would be my only other SW set but who knows. Those two ships were my favorites when I was kid (remember having micro machines of both and taking them everywhere, swooshing) and even though SW doesn't mean as much as it once did to me, I'd like to have them in LEGO form.

It was supposed to be credit towards Orthanc but I don't think I can pass this up.

Hahahahahhahahaa. Oh think that now. :)

Minifigs from the upcoming SW sets are leaking via eBay:

mtjPLFT.jpg
vw3KxNi.jpg

0Pj6u8p.jpg
hUtzKSS.jpg

Those are some cool looking minifigs. ARGH! LEGO finally gave in to the transparent body parts gimmick. It just makes me want a Fantastic Four set more. Invisible girl with some invisible body parts!

I was THIS CLOSE to buying either the Iron Man 3 Malibu Mansion set or the Batman Joker's Funhouse set this afternoon, but my wife ended up talking me into getting neither until I finish my unbuilt CUUSOO and mini-modular sets.

I shall continue checking Target for that last Quinjet to go on clearance though...

I can't find series 10 Minifigs anywhere! ;_;

Don't despair. The street date is May 1st, the others are just lucky that some retail stores released them early. You won't see them at any LEGO store until at least May 1st.

I juuuuuust started getting back into this lego thing thanks to a friend who posts in this thread.

This is bad because I have too many bullshit expensive hobbies already, BUT

That B-Wing. If that's legit 50% off I am down like a clown.

When do these things usually drop? Midnight? Morning? Noon? Random?

So how early should I think about being in line at a LEGO store for a big launch like an UCS set and all the other sales? Hour early? More?

I just don't want them to run out of whatever. And also have maximum time at home to build. :)

R-User!

So how early should I think about being in line at a LEGO store for a big launch like an UCS set and all the other sales? Hour early? More?

I just don't want them to run out of whatever. And also have maximum time at home to build. :)

I would say 2 hours early if you have the free time to spare (just in case), or as early as the mall opens/allows you to wander about; if that's possible... :)

Finally found some Series 10 at TRU, they just got a fresh box in. Went 16/16 on the feel search. Wife helped too!
I am loving this series. We did feel up the rest, but no gold :( Anyone have a clue if Gold replaces another, or if there will just be 61 in a box?

mojiimbo

Anyone know if the UCS B-Wing will hold a minifig in the cockpit either natively or with an easy modification? Would be a shame if I couldn't pair it up with the B-Wing pilot that's coming out in the new Planets series.

neonglow

Anyone know if the UCS B-Wing will hold a minifig in the cockpit either natively or with an easy modification? Would be a shame if I couldn't pair it up with the B-Wing pilot that's coming out in the new Planets series.

A minifig will definitely fit in the cockpit. You'll have to modify the seat though since it's 3 studs wide.

ghostmind

I've got my 2006 B-wing pilot in it right now.

XjaQZ.jpg

Kalamoj

Love that old style of Space. Oh, and a cameo by the next item on my rebuild list, the Sonic Robot. Such a crappy, crappy set :D

I went to the Billund Legoland back in '94, but obviously we didn't visit the actual offices. Is it open to the public? Any chance of a "press" tour if you're a decently dedicated blogger?

AFAIK it is only open for employees, company guests.

I was not aware that the Orlando Lego Store did engraving on the brick keychains. I was told it was the only store to do it, too.

Did anyone know this?

Topper

Is this B-Wing sale in store only or will be online also? Closest store is about an hour but i'll make the drive if i have to, been wanting a b-wing for awhile.

ruxtpin

Banned
I couldn't resist. I went back to Wal-Mart and snagged the last Vampyre Castle for 70 and the Mad Scientist set for 35. I may go back in a couple of weeks just to get Ghost Train so I can have all the MF series, but I ain't sweatin' it.

I juuuuuust started getting back into this lego thing thanks to a friend who posts in this thread.

This is bad because I have too many bullshit expensive hobbies already, BUT

That B-Wing. If that's legit 50% off I am down like a clown.

When do these things usually drop? Midnight? Morning? Noon? Random?

Posts like these make me wish gaf had a 'like' button. I started out the same way. I've stopped buying games for the most part and I don't buy nearly as many blu-rays as I used to. It's all about the brick.

Ironmask

I couldn't resist. I went back to Wal-Mart and snagged the last Vampyre Castle for 70 and the Mad Scientist set for 35. I may go back in a couple of weeks just to get Ghost Train so I can have all the MF series, but I ain't sweatin' it.

The MF is so awesome, i really hope that we'll get something else from LEGO for Xmas

Just wondering HP, but do you have every Harry Potter Lego set? :p

I wish. I entered the game too late. It was only a little over a year ago I got back into LEGO, and it was because of this thread. Browsing the thread one day and I saw Diagon Alley. Went out and bought it that day. I've been collecting some other HP sets since then but most are too damn expensive.

lego sent an email to vip member telling them to have sneak peak of may 4th and may 5th offers, but besides showing the Han Solo minifigure you can't see any discount on the sets, kind of useless email

Top Bottom