• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Tower of Orthanc

TJymgRD.jpg

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=81816

Oh fuckskis, it's glorious. With an ent and a light brick?! I'm sold.

DJ_Lae

Good news!

From the press release:
US $199.99 CA $249.99 DE 199.99€ UK 169.99 £ DK 1699.00 DKK

Okay, I can live with that.

I'll wait for a 20% off LotR Lego at Toys R Us and then get it for US MSRP. No Lego VIP offer would give me much of a discount.

Usually it has been midnight-ish.

Awesome, thanks. I'll start checking at EST then that Friday night.

Posts like these make me wish gaf had a 'like' button. I started out the same way. I've stopped buying games for the most part and I don't buy nearly as many blu-rays as I used to. It's all about the brick.

He sold me his UCS Super Star Destroyer and Gold Leader Y-Wing (for a damn good price too). I immediately picked up an A-Wing and am now seriously considering the B-Wing if it's on sale.

I fear that if I buy the B-Wing I'm going to start something I can't stop. Red Five looks excellent, sans that window sticker reveal on the other page.

robjoh

To rain on the parade, I have hard time to see me buy it.
I like
* all the black bricks
* The damn height of it

I am not sure that I want to spend 1800-2000 SEK on a LOTR set which I have no place for.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
lego sent an email to vip member telling them to have sneak peak of may 4th and may 5th offers, but besides showing the Han Solo minifigure you can't see any discount on the sets, kind of useless email

UK email says the star wars day offers are May 3rd and 4th. Does that mean any discounts will be on may 3rd too or just the free ham solo/poster?

Friday is much more convenient for me

Woorloog

Banned
I really like the flags and banners- be good if they were printed, but prolly stickers. Interested in the portraits of the other wizards too on one of the upper floors. Lego Radaghast?

Look closely. Clearly stickers.
I think all pieces like that are always stickers...

I am both extremely impressed and disappointed by it.

Disappointment first: it is not an enclosed model. The open back lets me down some. It would have been nice to have a hinge style opening like Haunted House. Of course, then the set would be 5000 pieces. That would not have been a problem.

Now, onto the being extremely impressed: OOOOOOOOOOH, YEEEEEEEAH! ORTHANC!
DAT INTERIOR DETAIL!
DAT ENT!

tumblr_meh2zjVThB1r817ru.gif

Phew...that feels better.
Great looking exterior, great looking interior, and a great price for the number of bricks given.

There will be no dawn for men's wallets.

It is not? Missed that.
Hmm. Maybe you need to buy two of them...

Would be a fairy easy modification except for the main floor. Just add hinges here and there and remove the stairs from one side. However, the ability to just flip it around is pretty nice.

I am trying to read the measurements on the box, but can't make it out. This thing is going to be really tall.

Can anyone tell what the brown pieces on the second level are for? I like the little statue.

Looks like it's just a table to hold some statue near the door. I am really not sure.

Looking closer, I love the turntable brick being used as the brace for the stepladder to the top floor.

The neatest touch is using the chandelier on the second floor to push up into the light brick for the Palantir on the third floor. At least that is what it looks like.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Looking at the basement dungeon and the sticker, really sucks they couldnt have included a Warg as well...

Dont think i'll be buying unless it's on sale or i've got a discount :/

2 $100 sets

4 $50 sets...

10 $20 sets...

Lots more sets depending on what you want of course. :)

You could also buy half a Super Star Destroyer.

Also, what is the round brick sticking out between the basement and first floor? It looks like it should rotate to activate something. But what?

sharbhund

Would be a fairy easy modification except for the main floor. Just add hinges here and there and remove the stairs from one side. However, the ability to just flip it around is pretty nice.

I am trying to read the measurements on the box, but can't make it out. This thing is going to be really tall.

From the press release:

• Measures over 28" (73cm) high, 8" (21cm) wide and 6" (16cm) deep
• Ent stands over 9" (23cm) tall

You could also buy half a Super Star Destroyer.

Also, what is the round brick sticking out between the basement and first floor? It looks like it should rotate to activate something. But what?

It looks like there's a trap door to the basement.

FINALLY, it has been revealed!! :))

I as well like the way the exterior looks BUT i would have preferred an enclosed version too!

However, with the multiple levels and interior the way it is now, this shall be the DEATH STAR of LOTR!!!

I don't care much for the eagle (might replace with Fierce Flyer) and the Ent yet but Orthanc from the outside is glorious looking for now :)

R-User!

The eurobricks forum post has the measurements:

• Swing the Ent’s arms to smash or grab things with theH poseable fingers!
• Measures over 28" (73cm) high, 8" (21cm) wide and 6" (16cm) deep
• Ent stands over 9" (23cm) tall

UK email says the star wars day offers are May 3rd and 4th. Does that mean any discounts will be on may 3rd too or just the free ham solo/poster?

Friday is much more convenient for me

The discounts should be for the 3rd and the 4th as well.

And according to a guy there, LEGO found a container of UCS Falcons and will be selling them clearanced at $200? LOL! Yeah...right.

Sounds legit

8682587609_c04d9bf2d2_b.jpg

8682587523_5eab838149_b.jpg

8682586979_efb506f21d_b.jpg

DAT ENT!
And from the looks of it, the feet are not stickers, but actually molded BURP bricks. Big Ugly Rock Piece

8683701632_c7862278a0_b.jpg

That explains the turning brick. Drop down for basement access.

I can't wait for the reveal of the Tower of Orthanc. I want to see some photos of it.

Just kidding. WANT IT! What's the next big reveal for this year? UCS Ewok village?

Are there any Thor sets for this year to go with the movie?

I can't wait for the reveal of the Tower of Orthanc. I want to see some photos of it.

Just kidding. WANT IT! What's the next big reveal for this year? UCS Ewok village?

Are there any Thor sets for this year to go with the movie?

UCS Ewok Village, the rumored Sydney Opera House, and I think one more big Creator exclusive. And of course Winter Village.

Top Bottom