• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

After some time off I just had to buy this set.

I love the Loki and Iron Man mini-figs and the car is pretty awesome (and it is within my budget)

lego-loki-cosmic-cube-escape.jpg

Love the set. I picked mine up when all of the Avengers sets hit. Funny enough, the only thing that I still haven't built was the S.H.I.E.L.D. detention center, but I do have all the vehicles (Quinjet, Truck & S.H.I.E.L.D. jet) built up.

...This reminds me, I should pick up some minifigs to fix Black Widow's hair (wrong shade of red) since I did custom work for Hawkeye.

ghostmind

I was hoping that the preorder bonus for LEGO Marvel Super Heroes was going to be Iron Patriot. Turns out it is a Spider-Man keyring.

blah

Ponn

Banned
The wait to July 1st is going to be incredibly painful. I traded in a bunch of games to Amazon that had good TiV and was going to make a surprise purchase of Haunted House when my credit is posted in a couple days but i'm strongly considering making some Lego Hobbit purchases instead because i'm so excited. I hate falling into the hype, must stay strong and get HH.

The wait to July 1st is going to be incredibly painful. I traded in a bunch of games to Amazon that had good TiV and was going to make a surprise purchase of Haunted House when my credit is posted in a couple days but i'm strongly considering making some Lego Hobbit purchases instead because i'm so excited. I hate falling into the hype, must stay strong and get HH.
Haunted House man. Haunted House. Do not deny yourself the greatest set released last year. Do not deny yourself a wonderful build. Do not deny yourself a piece that will become a permanent fixture in your home every Halloween season.

The Hobbit sets are cool. Haunted House is unholy. Give into the unholy awesomeness of Haunted House.

ghostmind

Haunted House man. Haunted House. Do not deny yourself the greatest set released last year. Do not deny yourself a wonderful build. Do not deny yourself a piece that will become a permanent fixture in your home every Halloween season.

The Hobbit sets are cool. Haunted House is unholy. Give into the unholy awesomeness of Haunted House.

Listen to this man - Hobbit sets are nice, but pale in comparison to the almighty HH.

Ponn

Banned

Wilco Roger and thanks guys for the support in my Lego addiction. I think eventually I will get the Unexpected Gathering set because it makes a neat little scene but the other ones are just, eh. Actually I was looking at Mirkwood Spiders too but funnily enough because of the trees and spiders to go with Monster Fighter sets.

Wilco Roger and thanks guys for the support in my Lego addiction. I think eventually I will get the Unexpected Gathering set because it makes a neat little scene but the other ones are just, eh. Actually I was looking at Mirkwood Spiders too but funnily enough because of the trees and spiders to go with Monster Fighter sets.
Unexpected Gathering is a must get. I was not quite in love with it like Ghostmind, but it is still a fantastic set. But Haunted House is god tier. One of those crown jewel sets.

After putting it off for what felt like forever, I finally just sucked it up and bought Joker's Funhouse at Toys R Us for the Riddler, Joker, and Harley figures.

I'm not really a fan of the more playsety sets, but damn did I love dangling Robin over that barrel of fish. XD

I also picked up The Lone Ranger Stagecoach last week. It's a nice set that comes with some great minifigures and accessories. DAT safe~

Not sure if I'm a fan of the weird rubbery hair pieces they used here...

jpatez34

Neo Member
The Rebellion will crumble!
Progress report on Lord Vaders Executor Class Super Star Destroyer:

20130430062152.jpg

Bag 1 complete and half way through Bag 2. Still at awe at how HUGE this thing is! Can't wait to see it complete.

I am picking up Stagecoach soon. I feel everyone on here will get it at some point.

On another note, I am considering another MOC contest. Flix has done a fantastic job with the set based MOC contests, but I am itching to see what people could come up with a themed contest instead of set based. Something with strict guidelines like an 8x8x8 vignette based around a mini figure or something.
Anyone else like that idea or no?

The Rebellion will crumble!
Progress report on Lord Vaders Executor Class Super Star Destroyer:

20130430062152.jpg

Bag 1 complete and half way through Bag 2. Still at awe at how HUGE this thing is! Can't wait to see it complete.

Yeah, that sets escalates quickly. It gets HUGE really fast. Then you spend so much time adding stability and a few details. Then it gets a bit bigger in the ass as it goes on, but still looks off.
Then you add the top section on, and it all comes together and is glorious.

Because every single set needs a way for stuff to fly all over the room and get lost behind a shelf. Be happy it's not a flick missile.

Probably the same reason that every single Castle set comes with a catapult.

R-User!

After putting it off for what felt like forever, I finally just sucked it up and bought Joker's Funhouse at Toys R Us for the Riddler, Joker, and Harley figures.

I'm not really a fan of the more playsety sets, but damn did I love dangling Robin over that barrel of fish. XD

I also picked up The Lone Ranger Stagecoach last week. It's a nice set that comes with some great minifigures and accessories. DAT safe~

Not sure if I'm a fan of the weird rubbery hair pieces they used here...

Dat Barrel!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wow, they are giving away the brick separator with even smaller sets now.

Guess who still hasn't gotten the VW yet. Gave TNT over a week to respond to an email so I've now sent my complain directly to Lego.

Coincidently last night, Dispatches (a UK investigation television programme) went undercover at TNT and didn't have good things to say about them.

What a great dedication, you even put the effort on making fake bullet holes on the background

Ha ha ha! I started building sets at work and keeping them in a cabinet in the basement at work since I don't have a lot of room in my house for new sets without taking apart sets I'd rather keep together. >_>

Ironmask

Series 10 get!

Best series so far. Just bugged for the lack of black stripes on the back of the bee-girl

also the Sopwith Camel and the second Sonic Boom are finally being shipped. Best deal ever, 78€ (100$) for both of them :):):)

Ainaurdur

Because every single set needs a way for stuff to fly all over the room and get lost behind a shelf. Be happy it's not a flick missile.

I agree that the launching feature is a little silly here, but at least this has a purpose.

"It cannot be unmade, Gimli son of Gloin, by any craft we here possess."

mrklaw

MrArseFace
On another note, I am considering another MOC contest. Flix has done a fantastic job with the set based MOC contests, but I am itching to see what people could come up with a themed contest instead of set based. Something with strict guidelines like an 8x8x8 vignette based around a mini figure or something.

Like the idea. Might be a little skewed to those that have more pieces, but often the best results are simple. Microscale scene on a small base or minifig diorama would be a good choice I think

Like the idea. Might be a little skewed to those that have more pieces, but often the best results are simple. Microscale scene on a small base or minifig diorama would be a good choice I think

I know it will be slightly skewed to those with more pieces, but adding strict size and height requirements doesn't allow too much craziness. And I think it will bring out a bit more in some people.

I have loved the previous 3 contests, and thinking of maybe putting something like this together next month just to see how it goes.

Anyone from Canada-LEGO wants to trade minifigures?

I have these extra ones

photonmen5.jpg

I am missing half of series 5, the whole series 6 and 10; everything else I have.

let me now

I own a small amount of Star Wars models but have been wondering what to do in order to display some of them on a stand...

What are the stand options? I found the FlightPose stands (FlightPose.com) but they seem rather expensive with the shipping...

Anyone have any experiencing building some or have other ideas?

The models I'm specifically looking at putting on a stand are:
- Fury-Class Interceptor (Lego 9500) -> I looks good with the opened back-wings but cannot do it sitting on a table...
- Gold Leader's Y-Wing (Lego 9495)
- Tie Fighter (Lego 9492)

I own the UCS Super Star Destroyer (Lego 10221) and I specifically love that kind of stand.

While I can't speak for mounting Lego models on them, I DO use Flightpose for things like Transformers and smaller pieces of kit. I recommend them highly when it comes to smaller things.

Something as large as Gold Leader's Y-Wing I haven't tried yet, so I can't give any opinions on. Sorry. :(

What a great dedication, you even put the effort on making fake bullet holes on the background

LOL.

LOL.

Thank guys for starting my day out with a good laugh. If LEGO could figure a way to put a flick missile on minifigs they would. I'm picturing a torso with a hole in it.

If I was LEGO, I would try to figure out something along the line of Skylanders mesh with LEGO open world game like. I don't know where they would put the chip but a special base is probably better than try to embedded them in the torso but then that would make the base collectible and not the body.

Ironmask

I know it will be slightly skewed to those with more pieces, but adding strict size and height requirements doesn't allow too much craziness. And I think it will bring out a bit more in some people.

I have loved the previous 3 contests, and thinking of maybe putting something like this together next month just to see how it goes.

i mentioned this in the other page, i'd love to do a microscale competition, i'm learning quite a bit of things....

Ponn

Banned

Ha. Thanks, laughed at this after Weathertop having flick missles.

ghostmind

So, that Jor-El minifig is the real deal:

fbU4ION.jpg

I'm thinking it is the June or July promo. I should have the June calendar tomorrow, hopefully.

Woorloog

Banned
Flick missiles remind me...
Did anyone ever make catapult/flick missile wars with their friends?
You know, both set down a number of minifigs, build a catapult/missile launcher and use it to knock down the opponent's minifigs?

It was quite fun. I remember that my friend built a catapult that was... self-launching after being set. Worked with a very tight rubber band, and was so powerful he had to fix it after every other shot.

Also, making lego-cars and sending them to smash each other. One time I made a car that was indestructible (not very massive but compact, no small pieces). And another time i made a.. bus from as many small pieces i could. The thing blew up on the first collision.

I as well am all for a minifig diorama contest type thing

I think it's hilarious how generous they are with those new brick seperators, wish they were that generous when I was a kid back in the early 90's.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

I'm all for this idea. Either 8x8 minifigure vignette or 8x8/16x16 micro build (like mini-modulars) would be fine by me.

Should be fun, I am not opposed just don't expect such a large turnout. but I look forward to it nevertheless :)
Not sure If I can partake, as my collection im Munich is very limited though :(

So, that Jor-El minifig is the real deal:

fbU4ION.jpg

I'm thinking it is the June or July promo. I should have the June calendar tomorrow, hopefully.

Weak. I'm sure I can manage $50 purchase or even $75, but that's only for a unique head print. I won't cry if I miss this one. The rest looks the same as Superman with a brown tussled hair piece instead.

The Walmart preorder minifig for LEGO Marvel Super Heroes has been revealed:

fEVYds9.jpg

Yay!

Now we're talking! Now it makes more sense why April and May LEGO store bonus stuff were underwhelming.

I'm looking at shop at home right now, and weathertop has been retired. Gonna be cutting it close on helm's deep, I feel....
Ugh all the money I saved by finding a cheaper summer place is gonna get pumped into toys.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Anyone near legoland windsor in the UK, try and get down there this weekend - they're having a Star Wars weekend. Went to a previous one whether opened their Star Wars mini land exhibits and it was a lot of fun. Loads of stormtroopers walking around is very cool

mrkgoo

Should be fun, I am not opposed just don't expect such a large turnout. but I look forward to it nevertheless :)
Not sure If I can partake, as my collection im Munich is very limited though :(

I just want to be able to play :)

I DID procure a fierce flyer by going out if the country this time :)

I love lego, but it's kind if expensive hobby so I decided i'd just get a small creator set every now and again. And some minifigs :)

I wish I had the skill that some of you have. How do you get good? Just play a lot and observe official builds?

My brother had a pretty serious collection though, since he's willing to spend lots. He has a ton of Star Wars lego.

Top Bottom