• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Milamber

b8YcPZe.jpg

Grabbed 13 bags in one go and only got 1 Roman Soldier as a double. How did I miss the Sky Diver?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
... Am I the only one not wanting to buy Orthanc?

No. But presumably the people that post are the ones s cited by it, so those not interested don't post.

Looking forward to the x-wing and that's about it from the announced sets luckily (bit worried about ewok village and Sydney opera house though)

The SSD looks pretty awesome up there.

I was a bit hesitant at first to put it there because the underside is so ugly, but from a distance it looks so imposing. Ten times more imposing than it did on an eye level shelf elsewhere in the apartment.

Grabbed 13 bags in one go and only got 1 Roman Soldier as a double. How did I miss the Sky Diver?

Because they are all either in my apartment or at the TRU where I bought them. I can't escape them!

EDIT: WHOA. It has to be a mistake. TRU lists the new Galaxy Squad stuff as in stock and ready to ship:
http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=17345456

Weather Top LOTR set is $42.99 at Fred and Balin's Tomb is $55.99. I assume they are both going OOP soon.

Amazon most likely going to match the price. Fred also have Carrier's escape and Batman VS Two Face set on sale.

Dafreaka

Neo Member
I own a small amount of Star Wars models but have been wondering what to do in order to display some of them on a stand...

What are the stand options? I found the FlightPose stands (FlightPose.com) but they seem rather expensive with the shipping...

Anyone have any experiencing building some or have other ideas?

The models I'm specifically looking at putting on a stand are:
- Fury-Class Interceptor (Lego 9500) -> I looks good with the opened back-wings but cannot do it sitting on a table...
- Gold Leader's Y-Wing (Lego 9495)
- Tie Fighter (Lego 9492)

I own the UCS Super Star Destroyer (Lego 10221) and I specifically love that kind of stand.

I own a small amount of Star Wars models but have been wondering what to do in order to display some of them on a stand...

What are the stand options? I found the FlightPose stands (FlightPose.com) but they seem rather expensive with the shipping...

Anyone have any experiencing building some or have other ideas?

The models I'm specifically looking at putting on a stand are:
- Fury-Class Interceptor (Lego 9500) -> I looks good with the opened back-wings but cannot do it sitting on a table...
- Gold Leader's Y-Wing (Lego 9495)
- Tie Fighter (Lego 9492)

I own the UCS Super Star Destroyer (Lego 10221) and I specifically love that kind of stand.

I made stands for the Y-Wing and X-Wing last year. Thinking of making one for Sith Fury.

http://67.227.255.239/forum/showpost.php?p=41031300&postcount=14724

Tortfeasor

Not sure if already posted...

I was at my local Lego store in Northbrook Court mall and they advised that on May 4, the B-Wing will be on sale for half off for the one day only.

Dragoshi1

Yay, pictures of my loot now!

Here's the Shelob I got from the Legoland castle market, the box was opened so it was discounted, but all of the pieces were still inside, combined with my annual card, I got it for 20% off the normal retail price!

45nzl0a.jpg

Next, the small Star Wars Umbaran tank and the Lone Ranger Stagecoach! Plus some of the minifigs I got from trades; The hypnotist, the Daredevil, my Lizard Man, and a german soldier.

GD4rtIR.jpg

And finally the custom minifigs I got(One based on me in center, a bar hostess on the left, and the right one is my sister's), and the Minecraft Micro world!

0CRDRmL.jpg

And Shelob is currently hanging from the ceiling in my kitchen, and my micro stuff is on my computer desk. Just gotta find a spot for the minifigs and the stagecoach.

And about the stage coach, is the inside floor supposed to be moving up and down? One of the seats I put in pops out sometimes when I'm messing with the coach, and its a pain to snap in when the floor is moving.

FillerB

Alright GAF, I just picked up a couple of big boxes of LEGO and K'Nex among other stuff from my parental home last friday and I've been busy sorting them this weekend to see which sets are complete and which are sadly missing parts.

Now, and I realize this is akin to cursing in a chuch, where could one find an overview/list of which parts belong to which K'Nex set? Bricklink/Peeron has been very helpful for the LEGO sets, but I can't find anything similiar to it for K'Nex.

notsol337

marked forever
I just picked up the last 3 bags of Series 10 minifigs at my local TRU, and they're all skydivers. Oh well, I got a cute little Mandalorian Fighter for free since I got the space shuttle too.

I just put in my first order of Lifelites. I hope they look good when installed... it's going to bring my display shelf to life.

For now I'm not going to light up the Barracuda. There's seven "lights" on the ship plus something in the cabin, so I'd need a ton of lights to make it look proper, not to mention new pieces to fit new lighting solutions.

Looks legit except for the cheesy white glow around the minifigure which looks like it's to hide a photoshop job. Perhaps he's a Force ghost :). That type of packaging with only a minifigure is purely promotional item with a purchase as they always have some bricks with something that is sold in stores. I don't recognize the bearded face which adds to the legitness. Nothing terribly exciting to me. A Iron Patriot minifig on the other hand, I'd buy $100 worth of purchases to get it easily. Only thing unique about the alleged Jor-El minifig is the face.

The lack of graphic in the upper right corner leads to that being a fake/custom job. All polybags and even the Hulk promotional polybag had an image on upper right.
But that could somewhat be explained as they are preliminary bags sent out to retailers before the finalized polybag artwork was done.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=5000022-1

mrkgoo

Do people not feel the minifig bags, or do stores not allow it or something?

A toy chain here tends to let you feel, and in fact, some have the employees do it and mark the bags for you so you know what you're getting.

Do people not feel the minifig bags, or do stores not allow it or something?

A toy chain here tends to let you feel, and in fact, some have the employees do it and mark the bags for you so you know what you're getting.

Some people just don't like the stares they get. Me, I don't really care. I stood for hour feeling the bags at Fred (I did get several quizzical looks). Another suggestion for those that are shy, go to the store early while there are no one around if you don't like people stare at you.

ghostmind

The summer waves for Galaxy Squad (credit Phonciple), Creator, City (Coast Guard), and Castle are now on the TRU website, with most ready to ship. However the usual TRU tax applies, so be forewarned.

kNOul0e.jpg

BQNryn0.jpg

The summer waves for Galaxy Squad (credit Phonciple), Creator, City (Coast Guard), and Castle are now on the TRU website, with most ready to ship. However the usual TRU tax applies, so be forewarned.

kNOul0e.jpg

BQNryn0.jpg

I did not see Creator houses there. Dammit. At least they will be around a bit and easy to find later. And for a bit cheaper. And the TRU markup on them is not that bad.

I really want the Family House. I will wait on it for my birthday. It is in the reasonable price range that my wife might actually be able to get it for me.

frogg609

Surprised to see the Galaxy Squad stuff so early at TRU. Will wait until lego.com or I can get it locally.

So I finished Jabba's Palace tonight (very cool!) but when I put it on top of the Rancor pit the designs seem to conflict some (such as the gate not opening). I thought these two could be stacked. Was I mistaken?

Chuck

Still without luck
Can anyone comment on the fragility of the B-wing? I asked the guy who built our display model at work, but he's been know to misbuild..

Is there any precedent for lego letting the public know what sales figures are of different lines? I doubt it, but the fact that game companies advertise their sales so readily has conditioned me to be curious about stuff like that. The company is privately owned, huh?

ghostmind

Can anyone comment on the fragility of the B-wing? I asked the guy who built our display model at work, but he's been know to misbuild..

I remember when the first reviews came out, and it seemed like half the reviewers said it was fragile and came apart easily, and the other half said it was solid and sturdy.

Mine's been sitting on its stand for 6 months now, and nothing has broken off or sagged. I'm not swooshing it around the room, but it felt solid when I was putting it together.

I dunno, maybe this set really is affected by how well you lock the bricks together. I know that when I build i make sure they are tight.

notsol337

marked forever
I'm halfway through the Sopwith Camel, and I think I did something wrong. The tail section can't seem to overcome the tension of the rubber band and the tail is stuck in the diving position. Hopefully that gets fixed later in the build, but if not I can figure it out. It's such a great looking set!

Been working on a lil MOC action this weekend after disassembling my Cafe MOC.

NINJA BAKERY! Well, originally going to be a bakery, but I had a lot of pies, and I could make a sign that said "pies" in the space allotted. The ninja just happened to be the closest mini figure to grab to make sure my rolling pin would work in a figure's hand.

YOU WILL LOVE OUR PIES, OR WE COMMIT SEPPUKKU!

The oven and counter area. I thought about adding a light brick to the oven, but couldnt get it looking good.

The sales counter and back area. There is a display shelf for the completed pies, and a prep area to mix everything up.

Completed work area.

Completed bake and clean up area.

I plan to make the second floor an office or something. Maybe the LEGO Town Lawyer office or something.

If I have the parts, the second small building will be a cafe on the first floor (but better than my first!), and a florist on the second. (MUCH better than first.)

lingiii

Banned
Looks great, Phon. Love the touch of tile for customer side and "linoleum" for workers.

Where those pies from? They from some Friends set or something?

Sturdy as BALLS, man. As sturdy as any Lego I've built, anyway. The cockpit in particular is a brick (pun intended). Sure, there are pointy bits, but I've knocked mine and they flex quite well. The stand is also surprisingly capable, given its relative scrawniness.

Like Ghostmind said, it's probably builder dependent. I am pretty anal about making sure that bricks are seriously all up in each other's studs and holes. Brick sexy time = maximum sturdiness.

Been working on a lil MOC action this weekend after disassembling my Cafe MOC.

NINJA BAKERY! Well, originally going to be a bakery, but I had a lot of pies, and I could make a sign that said "pies" in the space allotted. The ninja just happened to be the closest mini figure to grab to make sure my rolling pin would work in a figure's hand.

YOU WILL LOVE OUR PIES, OR WE COMMIT SEPPUKKU!

The oven and counter area. I thought about adding a light brick to the oven, but couldnt get it looking good.

The sales counter and back area. There is a display shelf for the completed pies, and a prep area to mix everything up.

Completed work area.

Completed bake and clean up area.

I plan to make the second floor an office or something. Maybe the LEGO Town Lawyer office or something.

If I have the parts, the second small building will be a cafe on the first floor (but better than my first!), and a florist on the second. (MUCH better than first.)

Dude, this is fantastic. Love the display window. Dat rolling pin!

Top Bottom