• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

The Walmart preorder minifig for LEGO Marvel Super Heroes has been revealed:

fEVYds9.jpg

Yay!

That's awesome. I hope we get something like that here in Aus.

That's awesome. I hope we get something like that here in Aus.

Saaaame.

Bought 76006 Extremis Sea Port Battle on the weekend, basically just for the minifigs haha (though in fairness, the boat is a pretty neat little build).. Would love to complete my run with Iron Patriot.

Fingers crossed we get him here, I'd love it.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
On another note, I am considering another MOC contest. Flix has done a fantastic job with the set based MOC contests, but I am itching to see what people could come up with a themed contest instead of set based. Something with strict guidelines like an 8x8x8 vignette based around a mini figure or something.
Anyone else like that idea or no?

Do it, I've been scanning this thread every other day waiting for another contest to be announced.

I've got a box filled with Lego pieces sitting as a foot stool in my living room from all the Lego I had to dismantle to make room for my figure collection (can't afford Lego and Hot Toys, money or shelf space wise). I get the itch to play with it, but need the confines of a contest to get the creative juices flowing.

Should be fun, I am not opposed just don't expect such a large turnout. but I look forward to it nevertheless :)
Not sure If I can partake, as my collection im Munich is very limited though :(

FliXFantatier it ain't how much Lego you got that matters, it's what you do with what you got that matters, and trust me, you got the chops to make awesome shit, you've done it in every contest thus far.

The two of you could just alternate between the "buy a cheap set" contest, and a "build from what you have" contest. Big turn outs or not, hopefully it'll be the fun of creating something that makes it worth while for everyone.

Do it, I've been scanning this thread every other day waiting for another contest to be announced.

I've got a box filled with Lego pieces sitting as a foot stool in my living room from all the Lego I had to dismantle to make room for my figure collection (can't afford Lego and Hot Toys, money or shelf space wise). I get the itch to play with it, but need the confines of a contest to get the creative juices flowing.

FliXFantatier it ain't how much Lego you got that matters, it's what you do with what you got that matters, and trust me, you got the chops to make awesome shit, you've done it in every contest thus far.

The two of you could just alternate between the "buy a cheap set" contest, and a "build from what you have" contest. Big turn outs or not, hopefully it'll be the fun of creating something that makes it worth while for everyone.
So maybe Flix is the main man for the set based ones, and I or some others can do thematic ones.

chidrock

So any confirmation on the b-wing for $100 on Saturday?

If it is on sale, how hard does everyone think it will be to get? My son has soccer in the morning, so I won't be able to be at the store when it opens. I'm hoping they won't sell out of them quickly. It's not that I picture many breaking down the doors for this model, but I imagine I might have to compete with some hoarders/resellers in my neck of the woods...

ghostmind

If it is on sale, how hard does everyone think it will be to get? My son has soccer in the morning, so I won't be able to be at the store when it opens. I'm hoping they won't sell out of them quickly. It's not that I picture many breaking down the doors for this model, but I imagine I might have to compete with some hoarders/resellers in my neck of the woods...

Our own Chuck broke the news, and I've since had multiple LEGO store employees tell me the same.

Why not order it from S@H at midnight?

Saaaame.

Bought 76006 Extremis Sea Port Battle on the weekend, basically just for the minifigs haha (though in fairness, the boat is a pretty neat little build).. Would love to complete my run with Iron Patriot.

Fingers crossed we get him here, I'd love it.

Nice one. I haven't seen any new Marvel or DC sets yet down here in Hobart. I'm so getting the Sea Port Battle though.

If you happen to see the Iron Patriot poly bag anywhere in Aus, buy an extra for me ;)

R-User!

Call them on your cell the moment they open and explain that you are at soccer practice and that you would have lined up an hour early if you could have, and if they would hold one B-Wing until about an hour after your sons practice ends (give them a real time estimate), and explain that you've heard of other LEGO stores being willing to hold an item until the end of the day for customers who really can't make it in time to not miss out on a great deal!

They'll most likely understand and appreciate your love and dedication for LEGO and go ahead and hold it for you. Obviously there is no guarantee, but it wouldn't hurt to ask!

Nice one. I haven't seen any new Marvel or DC sets yet down here in Hobart. I'm so getting the Sea Port Battle though.

If you happen to see the Iron Patriot poly bag anywhere in Aus, buy an extra for me ;)

Toys R Us and Target weren't stocking them yet, but I did find them at Big W.

Okay no dramas, will do! I have a bad feeling we'll never have them out here though.

Do I have to follow through and buy the marvel lego game to get iron patriot, or will I be able to abuse a preorder card like with chase mccain?

ruxtpin

Banned
So here's my MOC-in-progress (MOCIP?) ... Eventually it'll be a round watch tower at the top of a rocky cropping. A path will lead down, past a small hut and then over the bridge. I'll eventually get a border around the base and I'll fill in the 'creek' portion with trans-blue/white 1x1 rounds. I'm stealing techniques from a number of the great castle builders I see on the EB forums.

8698028086_27c7bf3b23_b.jpg

8698027742_29cd15a2b2_b.jpg

8698026594_c0257f1a1b_b.jpg

8698025800_7b0339cb33_b.jpg

8698025308_cca1222471_b.jpg

So here's my MOC-in-progress (MOCIP?) ... Eventually it'll be a round watch tower at the top of a rocky cropping. A path will lead down, past a small hut and then over the bridge. I'll eventually get a border around the base and I'll fill in the 'creek' portion with trans-blue/white 1x1 rounds. I'm stealing techniques from a number of the great castle builders I see on the EB forums.

8698027742_29cd15a2b2_b.jpg

8698026594_c0257f1a1b_b.jpg

8698025800_7b0339cb33_b.jpg

8698025308_cca1222471_b.jpg

Dat rock texture! Dat circular tower base! Especially dat rock texture! I always love that technique. So simple and effective.

Weathertop is retired now? When did that happen?

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Attack-on-Weathertop-9472

I saw them at Target today for $42. We still have quite a few at our store. Get it while you can I s'pose.

A little worried that Nazgul will shoot up in value, and possibly Merry, as you can get the rest of the stuff elsewhere. Fighting the urge to go buy eight of them at once (because I do believe we'll get the Witchking sooner or later).

I just tore down my spare Hobbit sets and the spare parts from other stuff I have, to sort into boxes. Turns out that I have a ton of green, brown and grey parts. I'll be using this to improve on any sets I'm displaying, but I'm keeping it separated from my vintage stuff. It's almost a whole new franchise. Basically no bricks in this collection are the same as the old ones, it's all new colors or variations.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Is this going to be Stark's Malibu house?

Chuck

Still without luck
Oh, almost forgot. For some reason, our store pulled 70005 Laval’s Royal Fighter & 70504 Garmatron from the shelves indefinitely. I asked why and was told we weren't told why, just to pull them. This happened with the current Fire Helicopter a few months ago and it went back out with no changes a week or two later. The difference there was they told us the structural integrity being in question was the reason for it being pulled.

Toys R Us and Target weren't stocking them yet, but I did find them at Big W.

Okay no dramas, will do! I have a bad feeling we'll never have them out here though.

I'll keep an eye out down here. The only place I could think that would have it is EB games as a pre-order bonus.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

fEVYds9.jpg

Yay!

Awesome! As with a few others here I bought the sea port battle set for the minifigs, will definitely try to get my hands on this. Don't know whether they'll have it anywhere in the UK though, hopefully I can either grab it somewhere on it's own or they offer the same incentive for pre-ordering the game here as in the US. Any news on the release date for the game?

Wat? The game is not coming out THAT soon is it?

Hmm i really hope they didn't rush this one then, since i thought it has only been in production for a little while now, i saw a preview video of it and it has HUGE potential!!

Anyway that fig looks great

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I thought they'd said previously we were getting a Galactus fig? :/

No complaints- that's a damn good Iron Patriot right there.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

fEVYds9.jpg

Yay!

So to get the minifig I have to preorder the Video game? Is that a correct understanding? If so I guess I will try and grab this off bricklink.

So to get the minifig I have to preorder the Video game? Is that a correct understanding? If so I guess I will try and grab this off bricklink.

not sure if that is the only way...

Either way though, you might wanna look into the game if you're a fan of Lego, the latest ones have been nothing short of awesome!!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Call them on your cell the moment they open and explain that you are at soccer practice and that you would have lined up an hour early if you could have, and if they would hold one B-Wing until about an hour after your sons practice ends (give them a real time estimate), and explain that you've heard of other LEGO stores being willing to hold an item until the end of the day for customers who really can't make it in time to not miss out on a great deal!

They'll most likely understand and appreciate your love and dedication for LEGO and go ahead and hold it for you. Obviously there is no guarantee, but it wouldn't hurt to ask!

on the basis that May 4th is 'star wars day', I'm going to pop in later on the 3rd (when the offers actually start) and see if they have any stock left - although they might save some for each day of the weekend

on the basis that May 4th is 'star wars day', I'm going to pop in later on the 3rd (when the offers actually start) and see if they have any stock left - although they might save some for each day of the weekend

Wait, wait...what?

My collectorscum hackles are getting taut thinking about missing out on the B Wing. The deals start on Friday?

ruxtpin

Banned
Is this going to be Stark's Malibu house?

hah. I never considered that, but I probably could sit the new Stark house set on there and it'd look pretty natural.

One of the things I'm considering doing - since it takes so much time to gather all the necessary pieces and put it together - is making slight "remixes" on my MOCs. So after I've had one setup for a while with the tower and water, I may change-up the buildings and switch the water for lava.

Top Bottom