• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

I was oot and aboot here in Canada this morning and I picked up the latest issue of Brick Journal at the local Chapters store (Issue 23 - April 2013) and was excited to see the old UCS Imperial Star Destroyer (at least that's what I think it is, unless it's someone's MOC) on the cover! And it says "The STAR WARS Issue!" right beside it. SO awesome. Oh, wait... I'm just flipping through it now and it's not the official UCS ISD. It's that large MOC of the that some guy made where the top comes off and there are many compartments inside that fit lots of minifigs. It's the Imperial Star Destroyer Avenger. It's... it's... beautiful. Oh, Jesus Jabba Almighty. A large scale Rancor! And instructions for building a mini-scale AT-TE walker. Daaawwww! AND instructions for building a midi-scale X-Wing with Death Star base. Sweet Sebulba this issue is spectacular.

Did they have the Minifigures book in stock? I am going to Chapter as soon as I finish work, according to its website they have 12 copies at the one near my workplace.

http://i.imgur.com/s7vXqmq.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/as2ipIi.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

New store in Edmonton AB, meanwhile in Montreal...

ghostmind

So, $75 in June to get the Jor-El minifig. Since I cannot seem to walk into a LEGO store without spending that much, this should be easy.

Also note that Castle, Galaxy Squad and Creator are out by June 1st. LOTR should be out by then too. Star Wars in July.

Jor-El, damn, so tempting. So now I have to decide between Hoth Han Solo and Jor-El. My budget won't let me make two $75 LEGO purchases two months in a row.

What to do...

Ponn

Banned
So, $75 in June to get the Jor-El minifig. Since I cannot seem to walk into a LEGO store without spending that much, this should be easy.

Also note that Castle, Galaxy Squad and Creator are out by June 1st. LOTR should be out by then too. Star Wars in July.

When does free shipping end? I was going to order orc forge and halloween accessory next week for the Iron Man fig. Would wait on Black Gates to get JorEl but the shipping kills it for me.

neonglow

The exclusive set you get for this year's Lego Inside Tour has been revealed. It's a Villy Thomsen Truck.

8701187131_fae66fd936_c.jpg

Previous sets include:
4000012-1.jpg

4000001-1.jpg

LIT2010-1.jpg

LIT2009-1.jpg

LIT2005-1.jpg

I was oot and aboot here in Canada this morning and I picked up the latest issue of Brick Journal at the local Chapters store (Issue 23 - April 2013) and was excited to see the old UCS Imperial Star Destroyer (at least that's what I think it is, unless it's someone's MOC) on the cover! And it says "The STAR WARS Issue!" right beside it. SO awesome. Oh, wait... I'm just flipping through it now and it's not the official UCS ISD. It's that large MOC of the that some guy made where the top comes off and there are many compartments inside that fit lots of minifigs. It's the Imperial Star Destroyer Avenger. It's... it's... beautiful. Oh, Jesus Jabba Almighty. A large scale Rancor! And instructions for building a mini-scale AT-TE walker. Daaawwww! AND instructions for building a midi-scale X-Wing with Death Star base. Sweet Sebulba this issue is spectacular.

How's the copy? I bought one issue last year (I think it had the Enterprise on the cover) and the writing was brutal. There were articles that still had <insert xxxx here> and loads of grammatical errors.

I don't mean to be snobbish-I understand this is essentially a glossy 'zine, but is my experience representative of most issues? I haven't bought one since.

Iron Man minifig?

Edit: Found it, same fig as the $20 Avengers set.

Wait...the Iron Man promo later this month isn't an exclusive fig? That's good to hear. I'd rather wait until Jor-El.

Ponn

Banned
Iron Man minifig?

Edit: Found it, same fig as the $20 Avengers set.

Yea, works for me. I wanted an IM fig but didnt want to start those sets so perfect. Preorder Lego Marvel for Iron Patriot and im good. They will be guards for my eventual Arkham set.

On a tangent i feel physically sick about what i spent on Legos this week, i was seriously out of my mind. I will wait and post pics next week when i get everything but holy shit.

Make me feel good lego, make me feel good.

On a tangent i feel physically sick about what i spent on Legos this week, i was seriously out of my mind. I will wait and post pics next week when i get everything but holy shit.

Make me feel good lego, make me feel good.

I like this teaser.

Tell you what...you post the pics, and I'll tell you that you made the right decision and you had no other choice.

Deal?

Ponn

Banned
I like this teaser.

Tell you what...you post the pics, and I'll tell you that you made the right decision and you had no other choice.

Deal?

You all are the worst enablers.

Seriously though, ive been having mini heart attacks thinking about what ive spent.

Thanks Ghostmind but sonova...4 days? Really, 4 days? They must know that figs going to be popular.

Hmmm. I'll probably import Council of Elrond from somewhere, since I doubt we'll get it here this quickly.

I'm debating whether to get the Palantir scene and mix and match a Gandalf the White from that, or just wait until he inevitably gets released elsewhere. I'm assuming his robe from the Gate set is different from what Saruman is wearing?

Did they have the Minifigures book in stock? I am going to Chapter as soon as I finish work, according to its website they have 12 copies at the one near my workplace.
I didn't notice if the Minifigs book was in stock or not. I found the issue of Brick Journal in the Magazine section. This was the first time I've ever seen Brick Journal at a Chapters. It was a pleasant surprise!

How's the copy? I bought one issue last year (I think it had the Enterprise on the cover) and the writing was brutal. There were articles that still had <insert xxxx here> and loads of grammatical errors.

I don't mean to be snobbish-I understand this is essentially a glossy 'zine, but is my experience representative of most issues? I haven't bought one since.
I haven't started reading it yet, I've only quickly skimmed over the pages to see what's in it. But I picked up a couple of back issues at Lasting Toys last year and nothing unusual about the writing popped out at me. I bought the Indiana Jones issue and the steampunk issue back then. Maybe the issue that you bought was an anomaly and they've improved since then.

neonglow

Toys N Bricks posted up the UK May 3rd/4th sale. It's pretty disappointing. I hope the US one is better.

Star Wars Regular Sets

30% off - 9677 X-wing Starfighter & Yavin 4
30% off - 9678 Twin-pod Cloud Car & Bespin
30% off - 9679 AT-ST & Endor
15% off - 9491 Geonosian Cannon
14% off - 9494 Gungan Sub
13% off - 9494 Anakin's Jedi Interceptor
13% off - 9498 Saesee Tinn's Jedi Starfighter
11% off - 9516 Jabba's Palace
10% off - 9492 Tie Fighter
10% off - 9496 Desert Skiff
10% off - 9497 Republic Striker-class Starfighter
10% off - 9500 Sith Fury-Class Interceptor
10% off - 9525 Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter

Star Wars Online Exclusives

11% off - 10225 R2-D2
8% off - 10221 Super Star Destroyer
7% off - 10188 Death Star

Star Wars Accessories

25% off - Select Star Wars Keychains
10% off - Select Star Wars watches & clocks

www.toysnbricks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=8626

Bought that issue online a few weeks back and almost finished the X-Wing build (waiting on parts for the Death Star to be exact). I'll snap some pics this weekend.

DodgerSan

Toys N Bricks posted up the UK May 3rd/4th sale. It's pretty disappointing. I hope the US one is better.

Star Wars Regular Sets

11% off - 10225 R2-D2

Star Wars Accessories

Yep, that is disappointing if accurate.

lingiii

Banned

Star Wars Regular Sets

11% off - 10225 R2-D2

Star Wars Accessories

balls-n-balls. the bonus is Hoth Han and they don't have Echo Base or Battle of Hoth on the discount list? knuckleheads

flyingpig

Neo Member
What's the deal with the passenger train and the motorized trains in general? It looks like all of the motorized trains are discontinued in stores now, and the only place to get the passenger train is online at lego.com. I guess the Horizon Express and the Lone Ranger trains are nice, but they aren't motorized!

I know train's aren't big profit or high volume items, but they are iconic and it would be a shame to see them go away. Any inside information on retirements from our resident lego employees?

There must be a ton of overstock in North America or something.

Doesn't help that the box is so ginormous.

Do you know if the Canadian store usually mimics the American deals on may the 4th?
Every time I order from them my stuff is sent from the US, so I hope whatever deals you get we get them here as well.

What's the deal with the passenger train and the motorized trains in general? It looks like all of the motorized trains are discontinued in stores now, and the only place to get the passenger train is online at lego.com. I guess the Horizon Express and the Lone Ranger trains are nice, but they aren't motorized!

I know train's aren't big profit or high volume items, but they are iconic and it would be a shame to see them go away. Any inside information on retirements from our resident lego employees?
Trains are discounted in store? Shit. I may finally get one.

We picked up the second Superman set. Bedtime hit before we could put it together so we just assembled two of the figs (Lois is also included).

Zod w/armor

dat heat vision

The armor is cool.

Went through another unpickedthrough case of Series 10 Minifigs and no Mr. Gold. Just how rare is he going to be?

At least I got this

5000 divided by how many boxes they make since there will only be 1 Mr Gold in any box. The question is how many boxes are planned.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Not only no 50% off b-wing, but NO discount at all? If the US really gets 50% off, that'll be a kick in the teeth. If they are struggling with stock, why not ship them back to Europe? Apparently us idiots will pay full price

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Oh god, new x-wing is beautiful. Huge too. Local store has it sitting next to the b-wing and its a similar size.

Bought.

They had the technic F1 car built too. Very pretty but just a nit too 'technicy' for my taste. I wish they'd do large vehicles in system too

rallaren

heh I was considering buying the technic tow truck for days and ended up with twice as much - Logging truck. The power of lego.

Omega Man, PeteZa and whomever else: Target Canada is selling the Hulk Helicarrier set at 30% off...that puts it at less than $40!

Hey that's awesome, definitely buying one at that price, thanks!

Jeez...the sale is tomorrow and we still don't know what the discounts are :/

We'll know today, it's going to leak for sure, LEGO has always been a leaky ship.
really hoping for dat 50% off B-Wing, I am sorry for our Euro-Bros who didn't get that deal though

Ironmask

Omega Man, PeteZa and whomever else: Target Canada is selling the Hulk Helicarrier set at 30% off...that puts it at less than $40!

I'm jelly, i just need this to assemble my Avengers squad :(

also i can confirm that at S@H Italy the offers are really really lame, like 10% off on specific SW sets.

on other news, Sopwhith Camel and the second Sonic Boom have arrived!!!! tomorrow i'll start the building and post some pics

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
FINALLY! It is here! The VW is in my hands!

And it does seem that Lego gave up on the other parcel because this was delivered by a completely different courier. So yes, the original is still showing up as "Parcel at depot".

Time to get building. :)

EDIT: HA HA What? One bag just contains a handful of 2x1 red bricks even though they exist in another bag. Weirdest bag I've ever seen.

Top Bottom