• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

I build the Iron Man Extremist Set and I am totally disappointed with it. The boat has some nice built but nothing spectacular, the only good thing about the set is War Machine. I don't know how I feel about Super Heroes set, they just don't have the uniqueness of other license products like LOTR (with scene setting) or Star Wars with both scene and vehicles. Beside the Avengers Quinjet, everything just looks so generic (and even the Quinjet look just like random generic jet plane).

LEGO-Star-Wars-5002505-May-the-4th-Be-With-You-Poster-2013-Toysnbricks.jpg

Poster for USA on May 4th when you buy any Star Wars set.

List of discounts for USA:
May-2013-LEGO-Star-Wars-Deals-Promotions-Toysnbricks.png

VIA ToysNBricks

Now the questions are do I call the store and ask them to hold the B-Wing, if they will? And if not, hell even if they do, how early to show up in the morning.

ghostmind

Now the questions are do I call the store and ask them to hold the B-Wing, if they will? And if not, hell even if they do, how early to show up in the morning.

I get the feeling that with it being on a Saturday, combined with the B-wing sale, things are going to be extra crazy. Maybe check out the line an hour before opening???

I get the feeling that with it being on a Saturday, combined with the B-wing sale, things are going to be extra crazy. Maybe check out the line an hour before opening???

An hour is the latest I planned on being there. I just have to decide how early to wake up before the 90 minute drive.

But if worse comes to worse, I can just get the X-wing that day and have them send me the B-Wing in the mail if they run out.

Whoo! A 400+ piece completion pack arrived from Bricklink, and I've pieced together almost all of my incomplete sets. Now I just need to get the last few things and pack them all away.

It also included loads of pieces for some MOC stuff. Unfortunately a set of tiles was missing from the order. Annoying, both my recent orders had stuff missing.

frogg609

Later this month I will be going to the Lego Store in Denver. I was wondering how buying individual bricks work. Online, they are priced by individual brick price. How do they do it in the Lego stores?

Later this month I will be going to the Lego Store in Denver. I was wondering how buying individual bricks work. Online, they are priced by individual brick price. How do they do it in the Lego stores?

But volume. Get a cup, fill it the best you can. But you are limited to their selection, where online it is almost anything.

Just called Natick, MA store. They are holding a B-Wing for me for tomorrow. They can't put an X-Wing on hold yet because technically it isn't out yet. Eh. He said they had tons and if I am anywhere near opening time then I will be fine. The B-Wing was what he expected to go fast.

Just called Natick, MA store. They are holding a B-Wing for me for tomorrow. They can't put an X-Wing on hold yet because technically it isn't out yet. Eh. He said they had tons and if I am anywhere near opening time then I will be fine. The B-Wing was what he expected to go fast.

Let's see if we can get tomorrow's thread page to be nothing but B Wing pickups.

Weird, I have a B-Wing and X-Wing on hold right now at my Sacramento location.

Weird, I have a B-Wing and X-Wing on hold right now at my Sacramento location.

Eh, I think they will be good on the X-Wing. You know they flooded the stores with them for the sale. The B-Wing on the other hand, is probably dependent on how much stock the store has left.

Oh, man. Tomorrow is going to be so much fun.

How likely would LEGO be to give me the Hoth Han Solo minifig for spending over $75 on TMNT LEGO? If I throw in a $13 Star Wars Planet series set, would that qualify?

Are they pretty strict with these promos?

How likely would LEGO be to give me the Hoth Han Solo minifig for spending over $75 on TMNT LEGO? If I throw in a $13 Star Wars Planet series set, would that qualify?

Probably varies from store to store. I know I am going to do two separate transactions for the B-Wing and X-Wing just to get two Hans.

This can be done? It is known?!

Definitely, yes. I'm stocking up on smaller SW sets I want just for the figs to get a second Han.

This won't fly. They're usually very strict with promotions that require a particular theme.

sqwarlock

My Lego Store is in a mall...I wonder how they're going to line up in the morning and if I should even bother trying. The B-Wing deal should be available online too, right?

lingiii

Banned
Ehh depends on the store. May the Fourth might be more serious, but when they had that lil ship promotion in February or whatever, I asked nicely and dude gave it to me.

Ironmask

Let me first post about my pick ups before the hoard of "B-wing get!" in this thread :)

the seller was extra nice and a collector, so he divided the pieces by color, sealed the bags and didn't put the stickers on (also he gave me the Brick Separator, that i thought he obviously kept for him).

oh just a little note, 90$ for both of them.... shipping included :):):):):)

0.jpg

ghostmind

ditto. I don't have anywhere to put it. It would just in my closet, but it's a great deal. Then again, the X-Wing looks fantastic. Decisions...

The X-wing is a given for me. It's just a question of whether I want to keep the big B-wing box in storage until I decide to resell it someday. One built B-wing is enough.

Chuck

Still without luck

Stores vary with how strict they are, but likely no, you would need to get $75 of Star Wars stuff.

ghostmind

OK - not buying a second one. I'm not into LEGO to make a buck, and my son or nephews won't be old enough for this set for years still.

I'm sure supplies are limited, and hopefully someone else who wants it to build it will get it, and not a speculator.

IronRinn

If I can interrupt the high-fiving for a minute:

For those who do not have a LEGO Store near them, Toys N Bricks had the following, in regards to when the sale starts online:

*Note: Offers start at 0:00 EST, May 4 (21:00 PST, May 3).

OK - not buying a second one. I'm not into LEGO to make a buck, and my son or nephews won't be old enough for this set for years still.

I'm sure supplies are limited, and hopefully someone else who wants it to build it will get it, and not a speculator.

I think you're doing the right thing.

Plus you did recently came into possession of another UCS set which may be a bit more valuable.

Chuck

Still without luck
So, our store has about 60 B-wings we're bringing over from storage leaving us with about 70 for the weekend sale. We expect to sell all of them.

R-User!

Let me first post about my pick ups before the hoard of "B-wing get!" in this thread :)

the seller was extra nice and a collector, so he divided the pieces by color, sealed the bags and didn't put the stickers on (also he gave me the Brick Separator, that i thought he obviously kept for him).

oh just a little note, 90$ for both of them.... shipping included :):):):):)

If he was a collector, why was he selling those two sets so cheap? Did he not like them?
Does he have any other good deals? Is this in the US? What's his name! :)

tuffy

Looks like my UCS Falcon is finally coming down to make room for an X-Wing. I hope it comes with a brick separator.

Ponn

Banned
I wish i collected Star Wars lego sets to share in the excitement. I will just experience it vicariously through everyone else.

Ironmask

If he was a collector, why was he selling those two sets so cheap? Did he not like them?
Does he have any other good deals? Is this in the US? What's his name! :)

I don't know exactly, i thought too that it was too good to be true but i grabbed that ebay auction without any competitor (maybe the big player already had it? it is still in production? people prefer the VW beatle over it?)
Anyway it was 75 just for the Sopwith, i proposed another 15$ for the sonic boom and he accepted :) I think that he doesn't know how an auction works, usually it is the same bidder that with fake accounts make false bids to raise the price.
Oh also he's italian, now he's selling an 7939
(complete) for 90€ while on retail it's 169€ (no bidders even on this one), man i wish to had the money to get it....

Top Bottom