• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

I build the Iron Man Extremist Set and I am totally disappointed with it. The boat has some nice built but nothing spectacular, the only good thing about the set is War Machine. I don't know how I feel about Super Heroes set, they just don't have the uniqueness of other license products like LOTR (with scene setting) or Star Wars with both scene and vehicles. Beside the Avengers Quinjet, everything just looks so generic (and even the Quinjet look just like random generic jet plane).

I will say that the Quinjet is definitely not a random generic jet plane (I'd say that would be the jet included in the Hulk Helicarrier set) as I love the little bits of interest to them. You can easily fit the entire team (and Hulk but in a separate area) in the Quinjet, which I absolutely love.

As for the Helicarrier itself... I just want one of the scale of say the Super Star Destroyer, with working rotors. That's all.

neonglow

I tried to put a hold on a Bwing, but they said they could only do it until the end of the night. =( The employee did mention there would be plenty.

I tried to put a hold on a Bwing, but they said they could only do it until the end of the night. =( The employee did mention there would be plenty.

I just call my store, and they said they can hold it for 24 hours, and it was OK for me to pick up tomorrow. I guess it's vary from store to store.

Oh, one more thing.

Is the A-Wing worth it? I wanted it mostly for Han, but I like the design of it as well.

Thanks!

The ship itself is cute, but not the draw.

Ackbar was the reason I bought it but as I've mentioned before, it's all about that pilot. I really feel that LEGO has stepped up its minifig game recently. I didn't have a Han Solo fig before this set so that didn't hurt either.

75003-1.jpg

It's a great little set. I like it, and I bought it for Ackbar and his coffee cup. The pilot is nice. I care little for Han.

The ship itself is cute, but not the draw.

Ackbar was the reason I bought it but as I've mentioned before, it's all about that pilot. I really feel that LEGO has stepped up its minifig game recently. I didn't have a Han Solo fig before this set so that didn't hurt either.

Great and thanks. Han's still my favorite character but yes, I do like the Pilot & Ackbar minifigs as well - they look fantastic.

The ship itself I like a bit more than the B-Wing in design (no idea why actually) so if they released an A-Wing similar to the B-Wing, I'd be tempted.

ruxtpin

Banned
For sure price check - they are marked as $41 but scan up as $29. Saw about 5 at my local.

Need to do that tonight. I'm starting to buy doubles of certain sets because of the usefulness of the pieces. You get some great figs with Weathertop, but there's a lot of good stuff in there for stone/ground-work.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
If I can interrupt the high-fiving for a minute:

For those who do not have a LEGO Store near them, Toys N Bricks had the following, in regards to when the sale starts online:
*Note: Offers start at 0:00 EST, May 4 (21:00 PST, May 3).

Well i know what I am doing at midnight tonight.
f5.gif

Please let me restate the obvious.

It is bloody unfair that NA gets the 50% off.
I'm going to pretend to be entitled and be angry with TLG :(

I agree-that blows.

A large part of me still thinks we won't get that price in Canada either.

On the flip side....didn't Europe get all those free sets in the Sun newspapers?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Finished building the VW, looks really good. Worth the wait. Going to build the mini Sopwith tomorrow.

Milamber

Finished building the VW, looks really good. Worth the wait. Going to build the mini Sopwith tomorrow.

Congrats, glad LEGO was so gracious with your request.

Meanwhile, I'm still looking/debating at this $700 SSD that LEGO has deemed to price it at cause I don't live in the USA.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I had the y wing in my bag on lego.com. I just watched it disappear from my bag and now it appears to have disappeared from the site completely. Did they retire it?

Went and got the X-wing after work, picked up a PAB, Beegirl and Sad Clown CMF's.

Just finished the first instruction book for the X-wing and it is super uber. More tomorrow, going to bed now.

Welp, guess I'll keep a tab open on my phone for the website so that I can order at 9pm my time...

Or I can go have some fun tomorrow at the store.

...I'll see what time I wake up lol.

gokieks

A couple days ago I finally ordered the TIE Defender that's likely to become impossible to find soon, and it came in today. The TIE Interceptor remains my favorite Star Wars ship (come on LEGO, you really need to release another set of it, UCS or otherwise, soon... please?), but the Defender is up there. But really not all that impressed by this set - the rotating wings are non-canon, and makes it feel really flimsy, with a lot of flex if you just set it down on the wings.

I'm going to see about getting some pieces to build stands for the various Star Wars ships I have when I head to the LEGO Store tomorrow (got a B-Wing on hold), and maybe that'll improve it.

beje

Banned
Between the Apple Tree House and the Seaside House, which is in your opinion the one that has the most/better pieces for MOCing? I like both models but only have money for one, and I can get them a a very good price.

Between the Apple Tree House and the Seaside House, which is in your opinion the one that has the most/better pieces for MOCing? I like both models but only have money for one, and I can get them a a very good price.
Apple Tree House. Two half base plates. Tons of roof tiles. More beams for making walls.
I bought an extra of it just for moc pieces.

suplex

I went to the Lego store last weekend and traded my extra Horizon Express and got Pet Shop.

Also got the stagecoach while I was there. Debated getting the Lone Ranger train as well, but my backlog is out of control right now.

I finally got around to starting at that backlog and built The Black Pearl on Sunday. It was a pretty fun build, and the final result is awesome. I'm a huge pirate ship nerd though.

Here's the rest of my backlog.

Queen Anne's Revenge
Imperial Flagship (really looking forward to this one)
Sopwith Camel
Sonic Boom
Haunted House
Vampyre Hearse
Ghost Train
Horizon Express
Fire Brigade
Pet Shop
Grand Emporium
Palace Cinema
Mini Modulars
Indiana Jones Fighter Plane Attack

I think that's it. Yowza.

From the Brickset 10240 UCS Sex-Wing Review:
There is no chance at all that you'll be able to apply the canopy stickers perfectly, unless you do so in a vacuum, so bear that in mind before buying: if you can't live with the model without the canopy sticker applied, don't buy it.

Goddamnit, Lego. Is it really so much to ask you print such a piece for a >$200 set?!

ghostmind

From the Brickset 10240 UCS Sex-Wing Review:

Goddamnit, Lego. Is it really so much to ask you print such a piece for a >$200 set?!

I've been thinking about this... what if you used an xacto knife to cut out the clear parts, so just the borders were applied?

Speaking of stickers, my non-gitd Monster Fighter stickers arrived today from Frankfurt.

So my brother in law wants in with the B-Wing, he told me to buy it with my account and he'll give me the money, that way I get more VIP points.
Can I do 2 different transactions one after the other for the 2 B-Wing (So I get 2 minifigures) or is it better play it safe and just do 1 transaction?

neonglow

So my brother in law wants in with the B-Wing, he told me to buy it with my account and he'll give me the money, that way I get more VIP points.
Can I do 2 different transactions one after the other for the 2 B-Wing (So I get 2 minifigures) or is it better play it safe and just do 1 transaction?

It depends on how much you want the free Han figure and poster. Last year when people ordered multiples, Lego only shipped them 1 figure and poster even when people did separate orders.

It depends on how much you want the free Han figure and poster. Last year when people ordered multiples, Lego only shipped them 1 figure and poster even when people did separate orders.

that's good to know, I will do just 1 order with 2 B-Wings, The extra Minifigure is not worth the hassle

Ainaurdur

Safer to be sure that you get the two B-Wings, isn't it?

-

While I wait for midnight to roll around, I am sipping some moscato and finishing my TIE Fighter build.

Calm Killer

Can i just refresh my bag or do i need to wait for it to go on sale before I can add it to my bag?

Calm Killer

And Bought. Still no Y-Wing. Although I got an email from support saying it would be available. O well. I will check when I wake up in the morning. Maybe it will be available then and I can add something else to get a second Han.

Top Bottom