• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

SpeedNut

Well got the B Wing last night, solely due to this thread. So add $106 to the tally.

Did build Small Cottage last week. The sliding patio door is a nice touch for a low price set.

STPBMW

Neo Member
After sleeps still no Y-Wing listing. I guess I will have to check back later. Anyway, last night I bought B-wing, Loki's Cosmic Cube escape, and 16 series 10 minifigs. I was gonna buy series 9 as well but they are sold out online?!? WHAT!?! I still haven't seen a series 9 in the wild.... and it appears they are gone....

@Calm Killer and others interested, I found the Ywing on the LEGO north america site as a combo with a watch. Here is the link. http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Gold-Leader-s-Y-Wing-Starfighter-and-Watch-Collection-5002512

Yeah. I could have slept in. 30 min before opening and no one here. At least I know for next time. I was expecting craziness and more AFOL here early. Guess Natick is not a super crazy Lego area.

Yeah. I could have slept in. 30 min before opening and no one here. At least I know for next time. I was expecting craziness and more AFOL here early. Guess Natick is not a super crazy Lego area.

I hope it's the same at my location. I am leaving in about an hour. (My local LEGO store is only 40 mins away).

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

chimster

Was at the lego store and some guy picked up 3 sets of the B-Wing, smh they really should have put a one per person limit on it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I have returned from my May 4th LEGO shopping trip and here is my booty:
20130504125339.jpg

1x Sex-wing
1x Luke Skywalker Key Ring
1x Clone Wars Yoda Key Ring
1x The Yoda Chronicles Poster
3x Hoth Hans
and 4 (no dups) Series 10 Mini Figs (Medusa, Sea Captain, Warrior Woman & Sky Diver)

also here is an update on my SSD Build:
20130504125412.jpg

Bags 1,2 & 3 complete, moving onto Bag 4 which will build the 2 stands and removable "bridge" area.

oh and my local Lego store had this dude smiling at everyone from the front window:
20130504093429.jpg

Screw you, jerks on the East Coast!

20130504125339.jpg

1x Sex-wing
3x Hoth Hans
and 4 (no dups) Series 10 Mini Figs (Medusa, Sea Captain, Warrior Woman & Sky Diver)

also here is an update on my SSD Build:
20130504125412.jpg

Bags 1,2 & 3 complete, moving onto Bag 4 which will build the 2 stands and removable "bridge" area.

oh and my local Lego store had this dude smiling at everyone from the front window:
20130504093429.jpg

How did you get 3 Hoth Hans?

No line-up at my local store this AM. Met a friend there and we took turns wrangling each other's toddlers while we shopped.

Some dude ran up to the cash the second the doors opened and said:

"Got any B wings in the back?"
"Yes"
"Cool-I'll take them all"
"I can sell you two. Would you like that?"

Good on the clerk.

I got the B Wing, and decided to nab the visloteanzae-pre whatever spinny ship thing along with an Old Republic battle pack for the figs.

ghostmind

"Yes"
"I can sell you two. Would you like that?"

Good on the clerk.

Bloody speculators! Glad they shut him down.

Line is starting to form here with about 30 mins to go... about a dozen so far.

Nitemare1

"Yes"

There should be no legal repercussions for smacking the crap out of a guy like that!
The rules of the world should state that a guy that does, or tries to do something like that should expect a punch in the mouth. Or at least a clothsline!

Finished the new X-Wing and really enjoyed the build. I'm going to deconstruct the original UCS and rebuild it so I can remind myself of the build and decide which I prefer (while replacing a couple of missing parts on the old one and checking wings).

So; here she is. Not on the stand at the mo as I don't like the stand out of the box. I want to try to mod it so the ship can be in either flat or tilt and as it is tilted is the only way right now as the stand is poor and the mounting point in the ship is very far back so it's back heavy.

Is this new? I've never seen them before.

Nice box, quite full too.

Here she is with the Planet X-wing and the Chibi version from the latest issue of Brickjournal (Death Star trench still in construction).

More Chibi X-wing:

lingiii

Banned
Ordered battle of hoth, and enough buildable galaxies to put me over $75.

totally going to break and ho into store this evening or tomorrow... Chibi xwing out of stock online, probably going to make a mistake and pick up ucs red five while I'm there :)

sucks to buy online now all I want to do is build something now!

There should be no legal repercussions for smacking the crap out of a guy like that!
The rules of the world should state that a guy that does, or tries to do something like that should expect a punch in the mouth. Or at least a clothsline!

How about a patented Randy Savage elbow drop instead?

ghostmind

Ended up with a line of about 40 people at opening. Of course, a few speculators grabbed about 6 B-wings each and made a run for the checkout, but they shut them down with a 1-per-person limit. Overheard one speculator saying he was going to come back with his whole family to get more.

As for me, I got my X-wing and Hoth Han, so I'm satisfied.

Walked in at opening. No line. Got to pick my own b-wing and a-wing. Got Han Solo and a yoda hat even.

10 dollars will go toward that tie bomber mini planet later.

Now time to go bomb a final

ruxtpin

Banned
My damage:

UCS X-Wing (my store had some damaged box units, so I got that to save 10%)
Jabba's Palace - I love the figs in this set
5 CMF - Medusa, clown, librarian, diva and warrior girl
2 large PAB cups
1 mini PAB cup

i got the b wing, almost walked out with x wing. I was told there was a line in the morning, and that the haunted house had a huge line when it came out.

My next purchase might be the haunted house...

1x Sex-wing
3x Hoth Hans

Nice haul. LEGO store closest to me is strict on polybag exclusives and it's only one per person no matter how much you spend.

Resisted the temptation of 50% off by going to sleep early.

PS: Why no sale on the R2-D2! :(

Surprisingly, R2-D2 was on sale a few months ago (around 20%-30% on Amazon). I was on the fence with R2-D2, but after seeing how people did MODs on it. I'm jumping on it if I see it at a good sale price again.

The brick built circular head is more WIN after I saw the mods too. I wasn't so into it at first. Special curvy pieces would make it very difficult to MOD in many colors if they weren't standard bricks.

R2-QT by monsterbrick, on Flickr

R2-Pi by monsterbrick, on Flickr

A few more MODs here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71745

I never realized how much policies vary store to store before this. My store had a limit of 2 per person.

It's good and bad at times. Limits help stuff from selling out too fast, but stop me from hoarding if I want to. They are also strict on exclusive minfig polbags. Only 1 per customer no matter what I spend. LEGO store at Downtown Disney has 32 limit on series 10 CMF and the LEGO store by my work has 16 limit of series 10 CMF.

Haunted House line was longer by this point, but then again the HH is god-tier.

B-Wing isn't exactly one of the most iconic Star Wars (don't ban me from thread please!) space ships either. I was on the fence even at $100, but it boiled down to do I need more grey MOC pieces like those in B-Wing? I will save my money to go towards UCS R2-D2, UCS X-Wing, and possibly UCS Ewok Village. That's not counting the Haunted House and other modulars I want. LEGO is really sticking it to their fans coming out with too much good stuff too fast.

The LEGO store opened 10 minutes early in Natick. No one else showed up in store until like 10:10. so I was chatting with the manager for a bit before checking out.

He thinks this won't be a good weekend because of the lack of good discounts outside of the B-Wing, and it is also Free Comic Book Day. That and the "Find Mr. Gold!" thing going when all the speculators have already ransacked the bins, and the rarity of many figures such as Medusa.
The time I was in there chatting though the people coming in were buying multiple B-Wings. One guy wanted 10 but they would only sell 2 to a person and only 1 Han figure per purchase. The guy pointed to his 4 year old next to him and said "Fine, he wants to buy a B-Wing and get a Han." The manager gave a "Really?" look to the guy and told him no. Good on him.

We also chatted about how many people buying this weekend want to actually build the B-Wing and not resell it. Their staff thinks probably only about 20-30% of buyers this weekend want to build it. They also worried about people buying them then doing non-receipted returns in a bit to get full store credit.

Apparently the Lone Ranger sets were a BIG hit with the staff. They got them in and were like "meh." But each person got to take one home to build then bring back and everyone was gushing over them.

On a very random find, I stopped by Wal Mart on the way back from LEGO to see if anything went clearance. They had TONS of Harry Potter stuff on the aisle. Only marked down 20%, but it was very random. They even had The Burrow! I almost snagged it, but $47 for a parts pack after dropping $300+ at LEGO was too much for me. Let someone else get it.

BJb3t39CcAEmwlU.jpg

But the haul today:
B-Wing
Sex-Wing
Hoth Han
Summer Scene
Spring Scene.

And I also snagged Silver Mine Shootout last night.

TIME TO BUILD!

ghostmind

The LEGO store opened 10 minutes early in Natick. No one else showed up in store until like 10:10. so I was chatting with the manager for a bit before checking out.

He thinks this won't be a good weekend because of the lack of good discounts outside of the B-Wing, and it is also Free Comic Book Day. That and the "Find Mr. Gold!" thing going when all the speculators have already ransacked the bins, and the rarity of many figures such as Medusa.
The time I was in there chatting though the people coming in were buying multiple B-Wings. One guy wanted 10 but they would only sell 2 to a person and only 1 Han figure per purchase. The guy pointed to his 4 year old next to him and said "Fine, he wants to buy a B-Wing and get a Han." The manager gave a "Really?" look to the guy and told him no. Good on him.

We also chatted about how many people buying this weekend want to actually build the B-Wing and not resell it. Their staff thinks probably only about 20-30% of buyers this weekend want to build it. They also worried about people buying them then doing non-receipted returns in a bit to get full store credit.

Apparently the Lone Ranger sets were a BIG hit with the staff. They got them in and were like "meh." But each person got to take one home to build then bring back and everyone was gushing over them.

On a very random find, I stopped by Wal Mart on the way back from LEGO to see if anything went clearance. They had TONS of Harry Potter stuff on the aisle. Only marked down 20%, but it was very random. They even had The Burrow! I almost snagged it, but $47 for a parts pack after dropping $300+ at LEGO was too much for me. Let someone else get it.

But the haul today:
B-Wing
Sex-Wing
Hoth Han
Summer Scene
Spring Scene.

And I also snagged Silver Mine Shootout last night.

TIME TO BUILD!

Great haul Phonciple! Curious to hear your Silver Mine Shootout impressions (the rest too, but the Silver Mine more).

At my Lego store here & there are more adults in line waiting for the store to open than kids.

And one employee is dressed as Amidala. Nice.

I also liked what i saw of Lone Ranger sets on display...

Summer scene though? didn't see that one at my (Euro) store.

Then again that fits since it really hasn't been Summer in our part of the world just yet, it's finally starting to warm up just NOW so...

flyingpig

Neo Member
Phoney can you please go grab that burrow set for me? I'll pay cost plus some extra for your trouble. You can probably get walmart to ship it to a closer store for you.

Heck. I'll take any Harry Potter sets still around.

jpatez34

Neo Member
Lord Vader your Executor Class Star Destroyer is now complete:

20130504183544.jpg

This thing is a beut. At the moment this is officially my favourite LEGO set of ALL TIME!!!
At least until my UCS X-Wing is built though.

Naka

I got to my LEGO store not even 5 minutes after opening and it was pretty packed. The first guy in line bought 5 B-wings!! There were 2 people in front of me that got the last 2 :(. I'm really annoyed they let people buy up to 5 of these. I know I can order online even though they are back ordered but I was hoping to just get it in the store. Oh well.

So i'm new to the UCS stuff but the bags are numbered in the B Wing??????? each bag is a part of the ship????????

i think i'm going to mix the bags.

Top Bottom