• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

DJ_Lae

Stickers are terrible but I understand why they use them.

I have two old Lego boats (4011 I think), for example, and they're a prime example of stickers not holding up over the years.

SMf0A.jpg

The water is a bit mean, perhaps, though at least my daughter is gentle with it and tries to push the sticker back on when it begins peeling.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Huh, the order I placed the following morning on my B-wing has shipped.

I'm surprised - expected ship date when I ordered was the 16th.

Really? /sigh

Tuvoc

Stickers are terrible but I understand why they use them.

I have two old Lego boats (4011 I think), for example, and they're a prime example of stickers not holding up over the years.

SMf0A.jpg

The water is a bit mean, perhaps, though at least my daughter is gentle with it and tries to push the sticker back on when it begins peeling.

Wow, I just found this hull while I was sorting my old Legos and I came on to ask if anybody knew what set it came from. By chance do you know the name of it? I'd like to rebuild it.

edit: NVM, I need to learn how to pays attention :/

mrklaw

MrArseFace
dammit. I got two of the canopy stickers applied on the spot. The other two I messed up and now they look like fog city. Time to request more from Lego.

seriously. I would love to know why they could print the B-Wing canopy (which seems to have sold far less - because of the 50% discount) and left the X-Wing canopy a sticker (which - I'd imagine - will be a bigger seller since it's an icon of Star Wars).

Try scratching the clear part with your fingernail. Helped to clear mine up pretty well

Huh, the order I placed the following morning on my B-wing has shipped.

I'm surprised - expected ship date when I ordered was the 16th.

I must be extremely unlucky, LEGO only shipped the minifigure and the poster, I am beginning to think that my order is backordered because I bought 2 B-Wings, even when I placed my order as soon as the deals went live.

DJ_Lae

I must be extremely unlucky, LEGO only shipped the minifigure and the poster, I am beginning to think that my order is backordered because I bought 2 B-Wings, even when I placed my order as soon as the deals went live.

I wonder if it's because they have a different shipping center for Canadian orders?

At least, that's the only thing I can think of (would be nice too, we get so few breaks otherwise, particularly on price).

Long time no post here.

I like everyone else it seems ended up buying the B-Wing for half off this past weekend. It's one I've been eying, but it always seemed so expensive and overpriced. I got my order in about five minutes after the deal went up, for just a single B-Wing, and now it's showing my order as backordered.

I'm a bit annoyed at how people who bought later in the day are already having theirs shipped when I have to wait despite how early I got in but ah well, I can deal. My Han figure and poster haven't shipped yet either but I don't really care about them so much and may just see how much they sell for. I plan to buy Pet Shop next month (got Grand Emporium last) so any extra money will go towards it!

I'm a bit annoyed at how people who bought later in the day are already having theirs shipped when I have to wait despite how early I got in but ah well, I can deal. My Han figure and poster haven't shipped yet either but I don't really care about them so much and may just see how much they sell for. I plan to buy Pet Shop next month (got Grand Emporium last) so any extra money will go towards it!

You're gonna love it. Such a terrific set.

notsol337

marked forever
Long time no post here.

I like everyone else it seems ended up buying the B-Wing for half off this past weekend. It's one I've been eying, but it always seemed so expensive and overpriced. I got my order in about five minutes after the deal went up, for just a single B-Wing, and now it's showing my order as backordered.

At least you got to order one. I tried a total of two dozen times, including twice at the LEGO store and I never even got one.

At least you got to order one. I tried a total of two dozen times, including twice at the LEGO store and I never even got one.

There is a chance it will get heavily discounted by third party retailers.

The UCS Starfighter and Gold Leader Y-Wing were both available for 60% - 70% off at various points in their life cycle at Toys R Us Canada. Not sure if the US counterpart does the same, but B-Wing obviously isn't a big seller so there's hope!

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Got a response from Lego about my order finally. Read below:

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I am happy to tell you that there is nothing wrong with your order and it is currently being processed for shipping. You order should ship out by tomorrow morning and will be with you within 3-8 business days. I am sorry if you have not received a confirmation email and I will make sure to have one resent to you. Once your order ships you will receive and email of the shipping confirmation with your tracking number.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

So that makes me feel better.

Also I just discovered and Effiel Tower on craig's list with an opened box but unopened bags for $350 or Best Offer. Thoughts?

ghostmind

Got a response from Lego about my order finally. Read below:

So that makes me feel better.

Also I just discovered and Effiel Tower on craig's list with an opened box but unopened bags for $350 or Best Offer. Thoughts?

Considering sets that have been opened and built are going for twice that, I think that is a hell of a deal.

beje

Banned
I've been browsing Technic sets just out of pure curiosity and I'm a little bit disappointed. Most of the times the "great looking" factor (especially for smaller sets) comes for dozens and dozens of huge-ass stickers and big special chassis pieces with barely no use outside the intended model, something that I hate being a fan of Creator...

Edit: also, the only ones available that I sorta like are limited to a pull-back mechanism... not really cool or interesting actually. I remember I had a car when I was a kid (in yellow and black I think) that had steering mechanism that I clearly remember as a gear controled by the steering wheel over a dented plate and engine pistons animation while not being especially big, and it definitely had a Technic figure but I haven't been able to find it because my memories are a little bit fuzzy.

Edit 2: I think I found it. I'm really sure it was this one, it's the only one that fits the criteria of colour, type of vehicle, figure and seat piece that I remember

But I had to go back to 1990... wow. I was 4 years old. Either sets lasted much longer on shelves back then (especially on a small town) or I managed to build this one being younger than I thought.

My 5 boxes of series 10 showed up today, don't like my chances of getting a gold dude though :(

Also Hi :)

I haven't had a chance to visit much, Sega Australia announced they're closing their doors when we finish Castle of Illusion so all my spare time at home has been spent working on a pitch some of us are putting together for a game idea. I wish I could tell you guys more but you'll have to wait unfortunately.

What are you going to do with 5 boxes? Good luck with the pitch!

In honour of all you guys getting the UCS X-wing, I decided to crack open my Yavin and Xwing minifig set :p

In honor of you honoring all the UCS X-Wing guys, I bought more LEGO.

-------------------

Spreading some bee love to convince those on the fence that the bee minifig is cool. The jokes are supposed to be bad. Part of a badjokewars thing going on with my IG account.

I've been browsing Technic sets just out of pure curiosity and I'm a little bit disappointed. Most of the times the "great looking" factor (especially for smaller sets) comes for dozens and dozens of huge-ass stickers and big special chassis pieces with barely no use outside the intended model, something that I hate being a fan of Creator...

I quite agree, technic is even worse off with stickers than other LEGO lines.

Ponn

Banned
I was going to wait and just drop a huge image bomb with everything i've gotten over the last two weeks (i'm waiting on two huge boxes to get here yet). I just have to drop my opinion on this one set I just finished today though.

I was completely surprised by how much I LOVE this set. It's a really enduring setting from all the movies, lots of details, a really fun level by level build.

Idea shamelessly stolen from someone else in this thread, sorry I forgot who but thanks. Actually makes the Gandalf Arrives set useful. I love how you can have two seperate scenes going on with this set. This in the front and then in the back...

Love the dwarf figures and all the little trinkets. The door and window builds were really awesome. My only complaint is for being a larger set with a sticker sheet they really should have put the books and stickers in a bag with cardboard backing. My only other complaint is now i'm compelled to get all the other sets for the rest of the figs.

DJ_Lae

I was completely surprised by how much I LOVE this set. It's a really enduring setting from all the movies, lots of details, a really fun level by level build.

I want that set so bad, but I refuse to pay the $85 it goes for up here.

If I can get a 20% off sale it'll barely hit the US MSRP.

Calm Killer

Buy that. Now.

I emailed him and he met someone today to sell it but it didn't work out. He said he has someone else interested. He wanted 350, I offered 280. I would pay 350 for it. See what he says.

Ponn

Banned
I want that set so bad, but I refuse to pay the $85 it goes for up here.

If I can get a 20% off sale it'll barely hit the US MSRP.

Yea, you probably dont want to hear this but i only picked it up because Amazon has had it off and on for about $56. I cannot suggest it enough for people to pick it up for that price if possible.

Alright, enough gushing about this set. I have to organize my shelves in preparation. I feel im going to have a very haunting weekend, muhahaha.

I actually sold my Iron Man Mk. 7 version (came with the Quinjet) to a coworker because her son lost his Iron Man.

Finally signed up for Bricklink so that I can rebuy the Mk. 7 and build the Hall of Armors...

Yep, it's go time. :)

Hmmm wasntplanning on buying the retail set but if the lab can be made to go with it for a reasonable sum... If anyone takes the tiem to crunch the bricklink numbers let the thread know what it comes out to.

lingiii

Banned
Hmmm wasntplanning on buying the retail set but if the lab can be made to go with it for a reasonable sum... If anyone takes the tiem to crunch the bricklink numbers let the thread know what it comes out to.

Lego just released instructions to build Tony Stark's secret lab/Hall of Armor that you can place under the Malibu Mansion.

http://cache.lego.com/r/club/-/media/Club/Markets/US/Club codes/STARK.pdf

is it possible to share a Brinklink cart? I have some time tonight I have to stay up late on-call I might just go through and do this. I figure others would be interested?

It really seems to reappropriate a lot of the Malibu Mansion attack though doesn't it? Maybe I'm just missing it, but I'm not feeling this, though I appreciate the effort.

I can see that, but at the same time, it's nice not having to build DUM-E from scratch. All you really would need is the Mansion and Boat sets to have at least a couple of the armors. Coupled with the Iron Man minifigs from the Avengers sets and you already have a good number of armors for display.

It's nice to be able to 'recycle' sets into something like this.

frogg609

I can see that, but at the same time, it's nice not having to build DUM-E from scratch. All you really would need is the Mansion and Boat sets to have at least a couple of the armors. Coupled with the Iron Man minifigs from the Avengers sets and you already have a good number of armors for display.

It's nice to be able to 'recycle' sets into something like this.

That could be. I have all of the Iron Man armors, as well as the Malibu Mansion attack, so from that perspective I'm good. I'd really like to see someone do this with the "Mansion" on top first before I decide to make a BrickLink order.

ghostmind

It really seems to reappropriate a lot of the Malibu Mansion attack though doesn't it? Maybe I'm just missing it, but I'm not feeling this, though I appreciate the effort.

You could pull out the armor section and the rotating workspace and make the upstairs more of a living space for Tony and his Avenger buddies to hang out.

HDWst9s.jpg

niqqHvK.jpg

5nzeYDk.jpg

EDIT: The base seems significantly wider than the retail mansion.

neonglow

That could be. I have all of the Iron Man armors, as well as the Malibu Mansion attack, so from that perspective I'm good. I'd really like to see someone do this with the "Mansion" on top first before I decide to make a BrickLink order.

These instructions are actually for a Lego Store event on May 13th. I assumed it would be both sets, but looking again at the mansion, the lab is much bigger.

LAj9S7H.jpg

beje

Banned
Just lost some LEGO auctions on eBay but the stupid guys that started competing on last minute panic ended up paying for used sets with no box almost as much as they cost brand new on Amazon

You could pull out the armor section and the rotating workspace and make the upstairs more of a living space for Tony and his Avenger buddies to hang out.

HDWst9s.jpg

niqqHvK.jpg

5nzeYDk.jpg

EDIT: The base seems significantly wider than the retail mansion.

...I feel like Thor beat up Ackbar for that mug, yet I know it's actually part of the Mansion set.

I've been waiting for this...

Damn LEGO, well played. Virtual instructions file increases my desire to get Malibu set by a lot.

Need so much bley! If anyone ever sees the 2x2 bley tiles (dark or light) at LEGO store PaB let me know. I need a large cup full of those! :)

Damn LEGO, well played. Virtual instructions file increases my desire to get Malibu set by a lot.

Need so much bley! If anyone ever sees the 2x2 bley tiles (dark or light) at LEGO store PaB let me know. I need a large cup full of those! :)

I am in the same boat for the tiles. Flying pig got me TONS of dark tan ones. Those are really classy.

Top Bottom