• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

I am in the same boat for the tiles. Flying pig got me TONS of dark tan ones. Those are really classy.

For the past year, I've only seen the red, yellow, and dark tan 2x2 tiles. For anyone that's frequented the LEGO stores longer, have they ever put out any of the bley, black, or white 2x2 tiles? Those are the ones I highly seek. :) I can understand if LEGO restricts certain parts from going to the PaB bins though.

For the past year, I've only seen the red, yellow, and dark tan 2x2 tiles. For anyone that's frequented the LEGO stores longer, have they ever put out any of the bley, black, or white 2x2 tiles? Those are the ones I highly seek. :) I can understand if LEGO restricts certain parts from going to the PaB bins though.
If you want tons of white 2x2 and 1x1 tiles, get Farnsworth House.

I will wait for a detailed Brickshow review to make a final verdict but i have a feeling i will be picking this up. If only for the figs, but not at full price. Orthanc gets a full price buy, this is an Amazon warehouse deal purchase.

You can't buy it off warehouse if I buy it first!!!!

But seriously though, this is war.

R-User!

I was going to wait and just drop a huge image bomb with everything i've gotten over the last two weeks (i'm waiting on two huge boxes to get here yet). I just have to drop my opinion on this one set I just finished today though.

I was completely surprised by how much I LOVE this set. It's a really enduring setting from all the movies, lots of details, a really fun level by level build.

Idea shamelessly stolen from someone else in this thread, sorry I forgot who but thanks. Actually makes the Gandalf Arrives set useful. I love how you can have two seperate scenes going on with this set. This in the front and then in the back...

Love the dwarf figures and all the little trinkets. The door and window builds were really awesome. My only complaint is for being a larger set with a sticker sheet they really should have put the books and stickers in a bag with cardboard backing. My only other complaint is now i'm compelled to get all the other sets for the rest of the figs.

It was me! :)

Almost a year after completely screwing the pooch with a phone interview with LEGO, I applied for the same position this year. It said it already had my application, so let's hope they don't have it in the "WTF is this guy thinking?" pile.

EDIT:
This is a public service announcement for USA residents. Amazon has Unexpected Gathering on sale for $56.04.
Tony-Soprano.jpg

Buy the set, people!

Ponn

Banned
You can't buy it off warehouse if I buy it first!!!!

But seriously though, this is war.

Haha, well that battle i will coincide to you. I will be waiting to the last on that set, at least after new year. Orthanc and Arkham Asylum are my next priorities. Then i have a few games im picking up from august to nov and working on my Halloween diorama. Then hopefully we will see some Winter sets return and get a good new one so i can make my first lego winter scene.

And Kudos R User, thanks for that idea.

2nd edit: good luck PhonBone, live the dream of working with what you love.

neonglow

Almost a year after completely screwing the pooch with a phone interview with LEGO, I applied for the same position this year. It said it already had my application, so let's hope they don't have it in the "WTF is this guy thinking?" pile.

Good luck dude! What went wrong during the interview? At least you'll be more experienced if they ask the same questions again.

mrkgoo

EDIT:
This is a public service announcement for USA residents. Amazon has Unexpected Gathering on sale for $56.04.
Tony-Soprano.jpg

Buy the set, people!

Argh!

When this set came out in December, I tossed back and forth considering getting it. But NZ$130 was kind of too much to spend. I passed it up on sale too.

Then I decided I would get it and it is completely sold out everywhere I looked. Seems like it was a popular Christmas gift here in NZ, especially around the release of the film.

Haven't seen it since. My understanding is that Lego in NZ kind of happens with one shipment. That's it. The stores buy up stock at one time.

Lego just released instructions to build Tony Stark's secret lab/Hall of Armor that you can place under the Malibu Mansion.

http://cache.lego.com/r/club/-/media/Club/Markets/US/Club codes/STARK.pdf

So, like, is there a set that has all these parts or does Lego expect me to order them all from Bricklink?

You could pull out the armor section and the rotating workspace and make the upstairs more of a living space for Tony and his Avenger buddies to hang out.

HDWst9s.jpg

niqqHvK.jpg

5nzeYDk.jpg

EDIT: The base seems significantly wider than the retail mansion.

This one still looks cooler. I want this one. :(

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

EDIT:
Tony-Soprano.jpg

Buy the set, people!

Good luck bud. Also I have no desire to purchase LOTR or hobbit sets. Must resist sales....

Ainaurdur

EDIT:
Buy the set, people!

I support this PSA!

Even though I don't have this set for myself yet. Since I spent just under $300 this past weekend on B-Wing and finishing the first LotR wave. I am not able to start picking up Hobbit sets yet. UG will likely be my first Hobbit set though, unless one of the others has a better sale when I am ready to drop Lego cash again.

I also face a very strong desire to day one Orthanc, which would put off any Hobbit set purchases.

EDIT:
Tony-Soprano.jpg

Buy the set, people!

...I have 55 dollars in amazon gift cards. This would be a single dollar out of pocket right now.... Or I can put it towards helms deep.

Ponn

Banned
...I have 55 dollars in amazon gift cards. This would be a single dollar out of pocket right now.... Or I can put it towards helms deep.

I posted my pics a page or two back with impressions. Even being high with the fresh set and really loving this set I would make helms deep a priority. With Weathertop retired the shoe dropping on the rest is imminent and i have a feeling helms deep will shoot up in price quickly. Helms Deep is like the core set for LoTR and you would regret not getting it.

I posted my pics a page or two back with impressions. Even being high with the fresh set and really loving this set I would make helms deep a priority. With Weathertop retired the shoe dropping on the rest is imminent and i have a feeling helms deep will shoot up in price quickly. Helms Deep is like the core set for LoTR and you would regret not getting it.
Exactly. It is the set that will skyrocket the fastest after it goes OOP. It is still easily found many places for now, but I feel it won't survive the fall season.

R-User!

Haha, well that battle i will coincide to you. I will be waiting to the last on that set, at least after new year. Orthanc and Arkham Asylum are my next priorities. Then i have a few games im picking up from august to nov and working on my Halloween diorama. Then hopefully we will see some Winter sets return and get a good new one so i can make my first lego winter scene.

And Kudos R User, thanks for that idea.

2nd edit: good luck PhonBone, live the dream of working with what you love.

Your welcome! Don't you just love the duality of that set! :)

I could use some help from the collective.

I need something on the shorter end to be inserted into a 1x1 cone. I wanted to use the screwdriver piece but Bricklink only has 2 available for $1+ a pop and I need around 7 of them. Can you guys think of something else similar to that piece?

neonglow

I need something on the shorter end to be inserted into a 1x1 cone. I wanted to use the screwdriver piece but Bricklink only has 2 available for $1+ a pop and I need around 7 of them. Can you guys think of something else similar to that piece?

Would this mini antennae work if you remove it from it's base? They're very plentiful.

4221775.jpg

Redberyl

Neo Member

Chuckie

So, like, is there a set that has all these parts or does Lego expect me to order them all from Bricklink?

I am really wondering this too. I read through the instructions and it actually showed stickers in it. Where the hell would you even get those?

I do want to make it though actually... it fits perfectly with my wish to have all the suits :p

Fxp

Just bought Unexpected Gathering from Amazon. Tt's x2.5 the price here in EU. Now the long wait for cousin to bring it over...

Ironmask

5 boxes opened this morning and no gold minifig :(

yesterday I've met a guy who has found 2 golden minifigs here in Italy.... but he's totally crazy. He looked at every toy store of the province of Milan (wich is as big as your Rhode Island state), checking 85 different boxes and spent the weekend on the process...

I mean, 5100 bags to taste....

also, poor kids not founding any of the rarest minifigs of the box...

I am really wondering this too. I read through the instructions and it actually showed stickers in it. Where the hell would you even get those?

I do want to make it though actually... it fits perfectly with my wish to have all the suits :p

I think those parts are in Malibu Attack set.

Milamber

I think I got RSI for looking for that damned Mr. Gold.

EDIT: Also, feeling bags, 2 days ago, while talking to the store guy for an hour somehow made me leave the store without a Mr. Gold but with a Fire Brigade (10197).

EDIT: Also, feeling bags, 2 days ago, while talking to the store guy for an hour somehow made me leave the store without a Mr. Gold but with a Fire Brigade (10197).

You did well! You'll get more out of that set than from having Mr Gold.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

FB is better anyway. In before Bone's "that second floor."

Milamber

It'll be awhile until I build it. I still got some Technic's in my backlog.

EDIT: The Fire Brigade was pretty cheap too at 288 USD.

Ainaurdur

Maybe http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=1850&colorID=85? First thing I could think of, not seeing many other options.

I guess you really wanted the Dark Bluish Gray Screwdriver to match something else? There are plenty of the Dark Gray for much less.

So what are you working on with these cones and screwdrivers? A new MOC idea perhaps? ;)

SpeedNut

My 5 boxes of series 10 showed up today, don't like my chances of getting a gold dude though :(

Also Hi :)

I haven't had a chance to visit much, Sega Australia announced they're closing their doors when we finish Castle of Illusion so all my spare time at home has been spent working on a pitch some of us are putting together for a game idea. I wish I could tell you guys more but you'll have to wait unfortunately.
Good luck!

Would this mini antennae work if you remove it from it's base? They're very plentiful.

4221775.jpg

I'm going to give this a shot when I get home. I have a feeling that it won't be a snug fit though.

Check out the lipstick from the Butterfly Beauty Shop to see if it fits the bill, should be a little cheaper, but the ends are pretty short:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=93094c01

This would be perfect. Unfortunately, they aren't made in the color I need.

Maybe http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=1850&colorID=85? First thing I could think of, not seeing many other options.

I guess you really wanted the Dark Bluish Gray Screwdriver to match something else? There are plenty of the Dark Gray for much less.

So what are you working on with these cones and screwdrivers? A new MOC idea perhaps? ;)

Ya, I'm looking for the bley, but the dark grey could work. I just need to see how the color of the dark bluish grey cone would look with the dark grey screwdriver.

These are for the micro scale Hogwarts I've been working on. I added a couple more landmarks and cleaned it up a bit. I'm also trying to pull off a light brick element now. Pics to come.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

In a continuing show of "what the hell" after my Red Five was flat out cancelled, I got an email last night that says "contact us within 48 hours or we're cancelling your B-Wing too".

Lego should be the company contracted to do border patrols with Mexico. They are infinitely more paranoid than any government organization.

ruxtpin

Banned
In a continuing show of "what the hell" after my Red Five was flat out cancelled, I got an email last night that says "contact us within 48 hours or we're cancelling your B-Wing too".

Lego should be the company contracted to do border patrols with Mexico. They are infinitely more paranoid than any government organization.

That's bizarre. I feel like all my interactions with their customer service have been super positive, but your experience is almost gestapo-esque.

That's bizarre. I feel like all my interactions with their customer service have been super positive, but your experience is almost gestapo-esque.

My luck in general has been comically terrible for the past 4 weeks so I'm just going to assume it's some sort of Karma biting me in the ass for something. Everything else I've heard has been pretty positive, so who knows.

I'll give them a ring and post about it later; something tells me they are going to want to cancel it, ask for the Canadian price difference to be paid so they can ship it to me directly, or something similar.

You set up the Defcon 1 level alarm, a phone call had to be made to LEGO headquarters in Billum - Denmark at 2:00 am in the morning that woke up LEGO CEO

LEGO USA: Sir sorry to wake you up but there is a matter that requires your immediate attention.

Jørgen Vig Knudstorp: What is it? someone leaked our 2014 sets already? DId someone figure out I am hoarding all the Mr Gold minifigures under my mattress?

LEGO USA: No sir, I am afraid this is worst than that...

Jørgen Vig Knudstorp: Then what is then, spill it!!!

LEGO USA: Sir, I am afraid that filthy Canadian is trying to to take advantage of the American LEGO prices.

Jørgen Vig Knudstorp: Nooooooooo!!!! God Damn it!! These Canadians!!!! How bad is it? Did the Merchandise crossed the border???? Call The American Border, get me Customs Deparment, Get me the President!!! That shipment must be stopped!!

LEGO USA: Relax sir, we were able to stop the shipment before leaving our warehouses.

Jørgen Vig Knudstorp: Good! Good! you have done well.

LEGO USA: Thank you sir, Can I have a Mr. Gold as a reward?

Jørgen Vig Knudstorp: sure you can, AFTER YOU PAY ME 1000 dollars like every one is paying me on ebay.

LEGO USA: Wow sir you're truly evil.

Jørgen Vig Knudstorp: Evil you say? pfffffffff I didn't become rich by handing out Mr. Golds for free, I want the Canadian punished!!!

LEGO USA: What should we do sir? Should we charge him the usual ripoff non-sensical Canadian price?

Jørgen Vig Knudstorp: No, wipe his order out.

LEGO USA: bu but sir, he has 2 orders, should I cancel just 1?

Jørgen Vig Knudstorp: No, all of them, and starting next month we will increase Canadian prices again, I think a 10% increase each month should sent the message clear, we don't wan't their weak sauce Canadian Dollar, heck I've heard they are putting out new bills made with plastic, plastic! god damn it, they are probably melting my LEGOs to make their bills.

LEGO USA: Ehhh sir, I am going to let you go so you can have a good night sleep.
[*hangs up]

SpeedNut

My luck in general has been comically terrible for the past 4 weeks so I'm just going to assume it's some sort of Karma biting me in the ass for something. Everything else I've heard has been pretty positive, so who knows.

I'll give them a ring and post about it later; something tells me they are going to want to cancel it, ask for the Canadian price difference to be paid so they can ship it to me directly, or something similar.
Just tell them it's a gift for whomever you're shipping it to, and while they're at it gift wrap it for your trouble.

robjoh

I must say that it is interesting how this hobby is like drugs...

I have been following this thread and thought, god some of you are insane. Do you really need to buy everything Lego puts out?

Then I started to do some small MOC with the Crazy Scientist set and the Vampire hearse set. Suddenly I felt that I just had to have the Mummy, the wearwolf and the svamp creature to create a complete MOC.

I realize that buying anything from the bigger series like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings must be close to economical suicide.

You set up the Defcon 1 level alarm, a phone call had to be made to LEGO headquarters in Billum - Denmark at 2:00 am in the morning that woke up LEGO CEO

LEGO USA: Sir sorry to wake you up but there is a matter that requires your immediate attention.

Jørgen Vig Knudstorp: What is it? someone leaked our 2014 sets already? DId someone figure out I am hoarding all the Mr Gold minifigures under my mattress?

LEGO USA: No sir, I am afraid this is worst than that...

Jørgen Vig Knudstorp: Then what is then, spill it!!!

LEGO USA: Sir, I am afraid that filthy Canadian is trying to to take advantage of the American LEGO prices.

Jørgen Vig Knudstorp: Nooooooooo!!!! God Damn it!! These Canadians!!!! How bad is it? Did the Merchandise crossed the border???? Call The American Border, get me Customs Deparment, Get me the President!!! That shipment must be stopped!!

LEGO USA: Relax sir, we were able to stop the shipment before leaving our warehouses.

Jørgen Vig Knudstorp: Good! Good! you have done well.

LEGO USA: Thank you sir, Can I have a Mr. Gold as a reward?

Jørgen Vig Knudstorp: sure you can, AFTER YOU PAY ME 1000 dollars like every one is paying me on ebay.

LEGO USA: Wow sir you're truly evil.

Jørgen Vig Knudstorp: Evil you say? pfffffffff I didn't become rich by handing out Mr. Golds for free, I want the Canadian punished!!!

LEGO USA: What should we do sir? Should we charge him the usual ripoff non-sensical Canadian price?

Jørgen Vig Knudstorp: No, wipe his order out.

LEGO USA: bu but sir, he has 2 orders, should I cancel just 1?

Jørgen Vig Knudstorp: No, all of them, and starting next month we will increase Canadian prices again, I think a 10% increase each month should sent the message clear, we don't wan't their weak sauce Canadian Dollar, heck I've heard they are putting out new bills made with plastic, plastic! god damn it, they are probably melting my LEGOs to make their bills.

LEGO USA: Ehhh sir, I am going to let you go so you can have a good night sleep.
[*hangs up]

lol :)

I have been following this thread and thought, god some of you are insane. Do you really need to buy everything Lego puts out?

I don't think anybody here buys everything LEGO puts out, no. Even completing larger themes like Star Wars, Creator or Technic would be incredibly costly.

Top Bottom