• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
So I just checked my order from the past weekend and the B-Wing is now showing as In Process rather than Backordered as it had been. Maybe it's going to ship soon? I hope so, getting that itch to build! Anyone else's backordered B-Wing showing as a different status now?

Mine has been in processing for 2 days now. Support said it should have shipped by this morning, but nothing yet.

Maybe someone can explain Bricklink to me? I want to pick out a bunch of parts generically, then have Bricklink set up orders to individual sellers for me. I want to set up a list of pieces and then buy those pieces.

I feel like a Wanted List should solve this, but I can't tell how.

As far as I know, you must make the orders manually. Make a Wanted list. You can sort sellers by how many items they have for you, but not (that I know of) by lowest total price. When you find a seller that has enough pieces, make an order, then go into the list of your ordered stuff and move everything off your wanted list and repeat until you have what you need.

Maybe there's a better way, but Bricklink isn't exactly user friendly.

Holy tapdancing shitballs.

You guys aren't going to believe this.

So I phone up Lego after the "CALL US OR WE'LL CANCEL YOUR B-WING" email.

I was told that it was 'headed to an American address, and they couldn't do that.', and that if I wanted it still, they'd ship it to my billing address but have to alter my order and charge me the Canadian price point for it.

I asked if I was not allowed to buy something for my friend and ship it to him.

The response I got was, and I shit you not. "Is your friend American?".

All I had for that was "Erm...yes. That is why I'm shipping it to America?".

Which seemed to have confused the rep somewhat. He eventually confirmed my details and released the purchase....which then gave me an email later that said "lol backordered, we'll ship it eventually."

Couldn't do anything about the shitcanned Red Five though. He said they had a tonne of those and if I wanted one I should reorder it, and stressed to do so from the Canadian side.

I honestly don't know if I want to anymore. What a ridiculous thing this turned out to be.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Woot! Just got my shipping confirmation on my May 4th order!

frogg609

All of my order shipped, and my B-Wing is processing! I'm impressed. FedEx is saying Friday, and it only shipped today. Way to go LEGO!

ruxtpin

Banned
Shit.

Pet Shop
Tower Bridge
Weathertop (dupe for pieces)
Bag End (dupe for pieces)
Robie House
Imperial Shuttle
Helms Deep
Goblin King Battle
Mines of Moria
Death Star
Tie Fighter
Naboo Starfighter
Jabba's Palace
The Werewolf
Arkham Asylum
The Vampire
The Crazy Scientist & His Monster
Escape from Mirkwood
Hillside House
Maersk Train
Minecraft (dupe for pieces)
Medieval Marketplace
Lighthouse Island
The Barrel Escape
Tripod Invader
Uruk-Hai Army (dupe for pieces)
Ewok Ambush
Alien Conquest Mobile Command
Spider-Man/Venom Chase
And a few Star Wars battle pack sets for figures...

All waiting to be finished.

Shit.

Pet Shop
Tower Bridge
Robie House
Imperial Shuttle
Helms Deep
Goblin King Battle
Mines of Moria
Death Star
Tie Fighter
Naboo Starfighter
Jabba's Palace
The Werewolf
Arkham Asylum
The Vampire
Escape from Mirkwood
Hillside House
Maersk Train
Medieval Marketplace
Lighthouse Island
The Barrel Escape
Tripod Invader
Ewok Ambush
Spider-Man/Venom Chase

How do you live with yourself? Get building! Or send select sets my way and I will build them for you.

ruxtpin

Banned
How do you live with yourself? Get building! Or send select sets my way and I will build them for you.

Time and space. Generally find myself pretty busy during the work week, and on the weekends I try to squeeze in my running, car duties and or time with the missus. Last weekend it was raining nonstop, so I did make good progress on my castle build. A bunch of those sets above I just need to open up a categorize the pieces. Some - like the Death Star - I can see it being a while before I finally build. I really like the SSD, and even tho it eats up a ton of space - that's one I always want to have on display.

Okay. I didn't know. But that wasn't from the first movie. I guess it was announced before the movie became a trilogy.

I think LEGO called it a "preview set" in promotional material. And you may be right, LEGO probably had the product line built before WB announced the two films being split into three.

Time and space. Generally find myself pretty busy during the work week, and on the weekends I try to squeeze in my running, car duties and or time with the missus. Last weekend it was raining nonstop, so I did make good progress on my castle build. A bunch of those sets above I just need to open up a categorize the pieces. Some - like the Death Star - I can see it being a while before I finally build. I really like the SSD, and even tho it eats up a ton of space - that's one I always want to have on display.

Thankfully the SSD does not take up a lot of vertical space, so it is easy to wedge into place. But it takes up a lot of horizontal space. The Best Star though is both easier and harder to find display space for, since you want to be able to rotate it to show it off.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Got some more blind bags. I now have 3 skydivers, 3 baseball players, and 2 colonials.

Did get the sailor and Medusa though.

Shit.

Pet Shop
Tower Bridge
Robie House
Imperial Shuttle
Helms Deep
Goblin King Battle
Mines of Moria
Death Star
Tie Fighter
Naboo Starfighter
Jabba's Palace
The Werewolf
Arkham Asylum
The Vampire
Escape from Mirkwood
Hillside House
Maersk Train
Medieval Marketplace
Lighthouse Island
The Barrel Escape
Tripod Invader
Ewok Ambush
Spider-Man/Venom Chase

All I can say is I know your pain.

neonglow

It seems Lego is including free Chima Speedorz Starter Packs for people that ordered on May 4th if they spent over a certain amount. Everyone that ordered a B-Wing should get one.

Chima might have become a dud theme from the look of this promo.

07f5046072c624db04d04a15997184.jpg

Calm Killer

Actually borrowed my wife's new camera last night and took some pictures of my backlog and my current setup. Below you will see my backlog which consists of: 7956, 10219, 10230, 9493, 9492, 4201, 31005. I will be adding the Bwing to this pile when it arrives today. They are all siting on top of the SSD box. It is built.

8721105553_2914c5be70_c.jpg

And here is my main display.
8722224946_866f9c1426_c.jpg

8721103643_e918458a4a_c.jpg

8721102723_136568c66b_c.jpg

And my small assortment of bricks from old sets and my instructions.
8721101817_e0f280651b_c.jpg

Hmmm, perhaps old school Thundercats then? Dunno who holds the license though.

It's too risky to do a theme that has a limited appeal to nostalgic thirty-somethings.

I still think the big money for licensed sets would come with:

Disney
Nintendo
Simpsons
NFL

I know some of those are already locked up with competitors but the appeal would need to be on that scale for LEGO to tackle it. I'm still surprised that Spongebob ever got made. Glad it did, because it resulted in some amazing figs.

It's too risky to do a theme that has a limited appeal to nostalgic thirty-somethings.

Disney
Nintendo
Simpsons
NFL

I know some of those are already locked up with competitors but the appeal would need to be on that scale for LEGO to tackle it. I'm still surprised that Spongebob ever got made. Glad it did, because it resulted in some amazing figs.

Nintendo themed stuff would sell like hotcakes. If they ever do get the license for it, it will probably be their number 2 theme behind Star Wars.
Simpsons would do extremely well too, but behind Nintendo.

If doubt they would go for a fully licensed sports line. Just too many politics and whatnot behind it. If they got official teams, could they do actual players then? Then they'd have to try and get old players. Just a licensing nightmare.
They would be better off making their own line of sports themed sets. That way they aren't beholden to the licensed teams and can create their own figures and sets without trying to do recreations of real world places. I think it would be much more fun and interesting that way, and we would probably see more sets since LEGO would not have to pay out the wazoo for the teams and players.

Disney
Nintendo
Simpsons
NFL

Speaking of licenses, WWE just announced a "construction toy" line with some weird company I've never heard of and now I'm sad.

If doubt they would go for a fully licensed sports line. Just too many politics and whatnot behind it. If they got official teams, could they do actual players then? Then they'd have to try and get old players. Just a licensing nightmare.
They would be better off making their own line of sports themed sets. That way they aren't beholden to the licensed teams and can create their own figures and sets without trying to do recreations of real world places. I think it would be much more fun and interesting that way, and we would probably see more sets since LEGO would not have to pay out the wazoo for the teams and players.

I agree about the viability of the fully licensed sports lines. They'd need to work with the leagues, the players union and subset of that union which represents retired player rights.

I'm more speaking about the "scale" of the licensing agreements that LEGO might go after. Quite frankly I think an NFL theme sounds pretty uninspired to me.

And never forget:

R-User!

I agree about the viability of the fully licensed sports lines. They'd need to work with the leagues, the players union and subset of that union which represents retired player rights.

I'm more speaking about the "scale" of the licensing agreements that LEGO might go after. Quite frankly I think an NFL theme sounds pretty uninspired to me.

And never forget:

Springs in the Minifigs legs!?! 0_o
Basketballs that the figs can "shoot"/launch!?! I want this! But not for 24 dollars...

The LEGO Sports Basketball Arena is going for almost 700$ in amazon... :/

Draxal

Nintendo themed stuff would sell like hotcakes. If they ever do get the license for it, it will probably be their number 2 theme behind Star Wars.
Simpsons would do extremely well too, but behind Nintendo.

They could easily do it with the NFLPA (players assocation). I just don't think its worth it though, as it won't have European appeal; and I don't think you really could make any playsets based on it.

Something like Pokemon even over Nintendo IP in general would sell insanely well.

They could easily do it with the NFLPA (players assocation). I just don't think its worth it though, as it won't have European appeal; and I don't think you really could make any playsets based on it.

That is why a general sports theme would work the best. Sell packs of figures for whatever sport so you can assemble teams. Make small or large arena sets or playing fields. They could recycle so many parts between sports it would be simple and a big hit I think. As long as they dont do the gimmicks like the old basketball figures.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'm all over Nintendo and Simpsons LEGO if they ever do those. Hoping the Simpsons rumor is true.

I admit to owning some of these :)

build-and-race-bikes.jpg

I wish they'd do more soccer LEGO as well. Can be especially profitable around World Cup time.

3569-1.jpg

I've always imagined this minifigure to be modeled after Lionel Messi, even though the hair color doesn't match. Must be those Argentinean stripes.

ScreenHunter_364+Apr.+18.jpg

Oh my goodness nintendo properties would decimate my wallet. I thought LotR/ Hobbit were getting their decimation on, but holy mother of god Nintendo sets would redefine that word.

Bricklink sellers without minimum purchase amounts are amazing. Some sellers on there are ridiculous. $20 min purchase and they barely have anything to sell.

Also:

3578-1.jpg

hock3.jpg

Although these things were an abomination:

119292144_amazoncom-lego-sports-3542-flip-shot-hockey-toys-games.jpg

MY EYES! THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

That is really bad. If they do sports again, I really hope they don't do interactive stuff like that as main sets. Just make it a normal set with a few interactive parts, but not full scale like that. It just looks bad.

Cyrillus

I happened to be perusing Amazon Warehouse deals to see if they had any decent LEGO deals (as of late I've been seeing less and less items listed under MSRP :-( ) and I happened across the Haunted House for $155.01!!! If I didn't already own it I'd jump on it, but since I don't need it I figured I'd pass the potential savings on to a fellow GAFer!

Also, they have the TIE Fighter for $35.31!

R-User!

The way lego are going with big sets - its more likely to be just half a vehicle and you'll need to buy two sets for the full experience.

VaderNOOOOOOOOOoooooo!

Edit: We SHOULD be getting word no later than the end of June regarding the decision for last years Fall Review, right ghostmind!? :)

Edit2: You know, I hope that if TLG wanted to do the UCS SC that Disney didn't "brickblock" us; because they did shelve the prequel rereleases, and the Clone Wars series, so I wouldn't put it past them doing a "blanket shutdown" on any new contracts with anyone out there. I hope that isn't the case though... :/

Edit3: 24 23 to go!
Edit4: Wetwired! Are you f5ing every few minutes while you're working?!

Top Bottom