• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

R-User!

Whatever came of those people on CUUSOO that wanted Wetwired to combine his work with the other Ecto-1?

They are still leading Wetwired by like 1666 votes, but when Wet started with 0 votes, the other guys had like 3000 something votes. So Wet gained 3000 2951 while in that time Other only gained ~1500 more. IOW, it looks like Wet may continue to out-gain and eventually pass them by, but its still too early to tell I think.

Other: 4617 votes
Submitted: January 12, 2012
261 Comments
22 Bookmarked
1.4 Years posted

Wetwired: 2951 votes
Submitted: March 01, 2013
208 Comments
10 Bookmarked
.2 months posted

So on that note..... We'll see what happens... :)

Edit: at the same rate as before, in two months Wetwired would have 5902, and Other would have 5194... So if we see this result in two months from now, it'll probably be safe to say that Wet would probably win out... The big question is, can it get to 10,000!!! It has to. There has to be 5,000 Ghostbusters fans that would buy a really cool UCS Ghostbusters LEGO set; even if it "only" ends up being Ecto 1 and the Minifigs, and there have to be 5,000 LEGO fans that love Ghostbusters enough to support the set as well! I just hope that no legal crap gets in the way.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
MY EYES! THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

That is really bad. If they do sports again, I really hope they don't do interactive stuff like that as main sets. Just make it a normal set with a few interactive parts, but not full scale like that. It just looks bad.

Eh, I dunno. The stadium playsets look fun, and I don't mind their actual looks. It's the hockey players made out of Bionicle-like parts which are hideous.

Nintendo themed stuff would sell like hotcakes. If they ever do get the license for it, it will probably be their number 2 theme behind Star Wars.
Simpsons would do extremely well too, but behind Nintendo.

I would buy Pokemon Lego stuff so hard like oh man just take my wallet Lego and make it happen.

Just imagine: A gym playset that opens up to reveal an arena, with trainer and Pokemon figs! Or a PMD-styled Pokemon village, or a modular mystery dungeon you can rearrange to create your own layout!

*Is totally not in love with Pokemon nope.*

FillerB

Pokemon LEGO?

iNZyKzTeJh9cC.jpg
382kyogre02.jpg

Yes, please.

R-User!

I would buy Pokemon Lego stuff so hard like oh man just take my wallet Lego and make it happen.

Just imagine: A gym playset that opens up to reveal an arena, with trainer and Pokemon figs! Or a PMD-styled Pokemon village, or a modular mystery dungeon you can rearrange to create your own layout!

*Is totally not in love with Pokemon nope.*

Imagine kids putting they're Pokemon Minifigs next to their cards when they play the card game! I choose you Pikachu!

19 to go!

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Only 17 votes to go now. Wish I could vote again.

There was a news story recently that Lego were looking to license The Simpsons, so this might actually happen. Would be pretty strange though, their styles don't really seem to mesh.

It would be really weird if it happened. Especially when you read something like this that's on the CUUSOO wiki page:

"A number of sets based on specific intellectual properties have been rejected because due to the content matter presented. Anything which contains alcohol, sex, drugs, religious references, post-WWII warfare or based on a first person shooter is deemed inappropriate for younger Lego fans."

Seems like a waste of a licensing if you can't even have a Moe's Tavern. Or Homer and Barney without Duff beer cans.

rallaren

Finished my Space Police sets (Not getting what's left).

lWtpSwS.jpg

(Should have put the dark set on the left in the light instead!)

Got Smash 'n' Grab (purple) mainly for the color and price. Pretty lame set overall though. I like the other ones. Lunar Limo and Space Truck Getaway/Conteiner Heist are the favorites. Undercover Cruiser is really cool with the transformation. Should be more sets like that.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
3 more to go....2....ACHIEVED!!!!!!

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Honestly, the certification process of cuusoo is the worst bit. The delay over how long it takes and the secrecy behind it all absolutely kills all the momentum. Hopefully wetwired gets better news than others have!

/still hurt over the western town :(

Tuvoc, FlyingPig, and Harry Potter:
I sent you all PMs about the sets and figures. They are on the way.

And Potter, there is an extra surprise in your box.

R-User!

Edit: I forgot to tell you all that there was a mom with a 2-4 year old girl in the cart, and I asked if she has a boy or only a girl, and she says she has a boy, and I say cool, and I pick up a Quinjet box, and gesture as though I'm offering her the box, and I say here look this is the price, and she see's that it's 35$, and says oh! Suffice to say, her box boy is 8 and has a birthday in like 2 weeks or something! Lucky kid!

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Two questions:

1. B-Wing coming today. Mix the bags?

2. I've got around 30 sets broken down and in a mess spread across six Sterilite drawers (thanks, interstate move!). I've been sorting them and putting the sort piles into plastic baggies and Tupperware. Any better solve for organizing these as I start to rebuild the mess or am I doing the right thang?

Actually borrowed my wife's new camera last night and took some pictures of my backlog and my current setup. Below you will see my backlog which consists of: 7956, 10219, 10230, 9493, 9492, 4201, 31005. I will be adding the Bwing to this pile when it arrives today. They are all siting on top of the SSD box. It is built.

And here is my main display.
8722224946_866f9c1426_c.jpg

Nice setup. Everytime I see the Imperial Shuttle displayed, I little piece of me regrets passing that one up.

Speaking of licenses, WWE just announced a "construction toy" line with some weird company I've never heard of and now I'm sad.

Interesting. How many wrestling ring sets do you think they will make? If the quality is decent, I'll definitely get a few sets for the folding chairs and other wrestling props. If they do a classic line with Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan, Sargent Slaughter, I'd get a few. I only really know The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin from the past decade or so.

I'm all over Nintendo and Simpsons LEGO if they ever do those. Hoping the Simpsons rumor is true.

I admit to owning some of these :)

build-and-race-bikes.jpg

I got the blind packs for the figs, but they aren't LEGO compatible. :( Also, you have to admit the quality is lacking but I still got them. I'd love for LEGO to get Nintendo licenses, but question how some of the characters would translate.

Donkey Kong would have to be a new mould like Hulk. Same with Bowser.

There was a news story recently that Lego were looking to license The Simpsons, so this might actually happen. Would be pretty strange though, their styles don't really seem to mesh.

LEGO would have to do custom head pieces for it to work. It would be like the Squidward minifigure. The minifigure doesn't have any tentacles, but once they did the custom head, it was much better (not saying perfect but captured enough of the character IMO).

Then there's this attrocity:

ghostmind

Is that a Darth Maul lookin' dude there? Didn't I see another one that was yellow? I remember it had a really dumb name.

Savage Opress?

Yeah, he is from the Clone Wars cartoon. Thankfully, this set has nothing to do with that.

However this minifig looks to be a Zabrak, which is the same species as Maul/Opress.

Savage Opress?

Yeah, he is from the Clone Wars cartoon. Thankfully, this set has nothing to do with that.

However this minifig looks to be a Zabrak, which is the same species as Maul/Opress.

That's the name! Thanks.

Who's the one with the hood?

While I'm not crazy about this particular ship, I really think the ship & figure designs from the Old Republic theme are leagues better than the Clone Wars stuff.

Wow!

And NOT to steal you picture thunder, but I just walked up to my Clearance section of a local Walmart, and they had 7 Quinjets on the table for 35.00 bucks each 50% off! Suffice to say, I bought all of them!

Still full price at my Wal Mart. But the stocking cart had more boxes of them to put on the shelf, so I feel like they are emptying the warehouse of them right now. Will check tomorrow if it goes clearance, because I wouldn't mind another Quinjet just for parts.

Sexy. I expect an insane price for it as well.

EDIT: More angles from Toys N Bricks

1) Congrats Wet Wired! I recently added my support on Monday. I hope LEGO can work with DC/WB and bring your Tumbler to retail.

And NOT to steal you picture thunder, but I just walked up to my Clearance section of a local Walmart, and they had 7 Quinjets on the table for 35.00 bucks each 50% off! Suffice to say, I bought all of them!

Edit: I forgot to tell you all that there was a mom with a 2-4 year old girl in the cart, and I asked if she has a boy or only a girl, and she says she has a boy, and I say cool, and I pick up a Quinjet box, and gesture as though I'm offering her the box, and I say here look this is the price, and she see's that it's 35$, and says oh! Suffice to say, her box boy is 8 and has a birthday in like 2 weeks or something! Lucky kid!

2) Damn it, I never find awesome clearance sets at my Walmart. And I just paid full price for the Quinjet over the weekend for the May 4th promo. But good on you, R-User, for helping that mother out with her box boy.

Oh hells yeah! Day one order, absolutely. And this is an "SW: The Old Republic" set, no Clone Wars figures at all.

Does anyone have the Prince of Persia set Battle of Alamut? I'm thinking of getting it as a parts pack, it seems to have a ton of useful bricks like the 1x4 SNOT ones. Also would be useful with a bunch of spare flesh colored heads.

Top Bottom