• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

ghostmind

What makes Clone Scout Walker so special? The clone trooper?

Yep.

The bulk of your sets could probably get up to $20 each loose, with the larger sets getting about $40, and some of the largest pieces (Mos Espa Race and Falcon) going for around MSRP.

I don't see any that stand out as high resale value sets (such as 4501) though.

Woorloog

Banned
Yep.

The bulk of your sets could probably get up to $20 each loose, with the larger sets getting about $40, and some of the largest pieces (Mos Espa Race and Falcon) going for around MSRP.

I don't see any that stand out as high resale value sets (such as 4501) though.

Thanks for the appraisal.
Gotta go through non-SW legos, doubt there's anything interesting in them though. Figuring out what i have is going to be somewhat more difficult though.
Know for sure that they will have more missing pieces, or pieces in pad condition.
They were toys after all, not for show...

wetwired

So as promised, when I had something to show for that indie game project that's been keeping me from Lego, I'd post it here.

So here it our "teaser" trailer, I'd be interested to see if people guess what it is

Coming Soon

Spam it to everyone you know :p

Well, since TRU has them now. And all LEGO is BOGO 50% off at TRU...

:)

Both my local TRU had all the new Galaxy Squad except for Galactic Titan, so you could get them all for cheaper.
Sale are online only. My TRU suck, thought they do have all the new stuff for me to ogle at. The family house look really good also the propeller adventure.

One of you is close to the mark.

Genewars?

Apparently Bioforge was NOT a Bullfrog production as I had remembered....it was a post Strike Commander Origin game.

Can`t be Genewars? I say Ghostmind looks like he's pretty close.

Either way I am sure you can milk the thread for KS $$.

Sale are online only. My TRU suck, thought they do have all the new stuff for me to ogle at. The family house look really good also the propeller adventure.

The BOGO is in store though. Unless your store did not get the stock yet. Is that what you are saying? They may get it before the week ends though.

R-User!

The BOGO is in store though. Unless your store did not get the stock yet. Is that what you are saying? They may get it before the week ends though.

The BOGO is in store, but my store had no signage advertising the sale... So no one would know that the sale is going on... Shady...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I have been thinking about getting rid of my 3724 Dragon. I replace all of the 2x8 bricks with 2~2x4 bricks. Is anyone here potentially interested before I go to BL or other outlets?

Finished Tree House main build. One word review: cute.

Neat assembly, and a lot of really cool small touches in it. I will post pics later. The fact that you actually build a dog in this set (7 pieces!) is too cool.

Ainaurdur

Finished Tree House main build. One word review: cute.

Neat assembly, and a lot of really cool small touches in it. I will post pics later. The fact that you actually build a dog in this set (7 pieces!) is too cool.

A brick built animal in minifig scale? Practically unheard of these days!

Brickworld in Chicago will have a LEGO set debut on June 14th.

Ewok Village?

Sydney Opera House?

BttF CUUSOO?
My money is on Sydney Opera House or whatever the Tower Bridge replacement is.
I am trying to remember, how many other 10k series sets do we not know about this year? Two?

Katoki

"Like New" Quinjet came in today looking not so like new. Original tape was ripped or cut but I can't recall in my mini fig checking panic. Everything of interest is accounted for though which is a relief.

I'd say the condition was more like.. good (meaning it should've been discounted more but I suppose it was between prices since the set went back down to $55.99 for a brand new one).

On a side note, I'm realizing that the spot in my closet I use to stash my sets is rapidly running out of space.

"Doom appreciates your small pond, doggie! Doom is especially fond of the small frog visible in the water."

"What is this strange opening at the base of this tree? Doom must know!"

"What!? A TREASURE MAP HIDDEN IN THE TREE! It is Doom's lucky day indeed!"

"Doom will just...ummm..."
"Verily. Tis the Odinson!"

"GAHR! HULK SEE HAMMER MAN FIND HULK'S TREEHOUSE! HULK LIKE THAT WALKIE TALKIES WORK!"

"LET HULK LET LADDER DOWN FOR HAMMER MAN TO COME SHARE PIZZA WITH HULK!"

"Tis good the Odinson did remove himself from harm! He would not want Hulk's ladder to hit his glorious blonde mane!"

"NOW HULK HAVE FRIEND TO SHARE PIZZA WITH AND USE TELESCOPE TO LOOK IN BLACK WIDOW'S WINDOW!"

"What!? You intend to gaze upon the Widow!? Doom must see! NONE SHALL DENY DOOM THE SIGHT!"

"HULK THINK DOOM NEED TO COOL DOWN! HULK KICK OVER BUCKET!"

"BAH! Curse you Hulk for dumping that bucket of water on Doom! No one disrespects Doom and lives!"

"HAR, HAR! HULK FUNNY!"
"Verily! Tis too bad Hercules could not be here to enjoy the moment or spy on Black Widow!"

"BAH! This slight embarrassment shall not deny Doom his right to see the Black Widow! Perhaps he shall just go hack her phone..."

"Eh? What is that sound?"

"WHAT!? A tyrannosaur? Here? Did Hulk bring this thing back from the Savage Land?"

"AAAAAAAAHHHHH!"

Ironmask

4-the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm probably a super slowpoke here, but I was playing around with Google StreetView on the Wii U and found that the Stig is hiding in LegoLand Windsor.

Ironmask

Yesterday i've finished my concept. I'm happy with the result, i just added a minifig baseplate, a wheel drive and four decorative black 1x1 pieces, the rest is just the Power Mech set. Just to prove how versatile and fun this set can be.

Mercedes Benz Unimog 400 - minifig scale said:

antonz

Depressing that Lego doesn't have the Star Trek license. Would be some awesome UCS ships

I mean look at this Miranda someone made
6737854353_cdeecb6833_z.jpg

6737853587_4463725e9d_z.jpg

You used to read Twisted ToyFare Theatre didn't you? I'm getting that same vibe from your reviews.

Oh, yes. I just didn't make Thor as feminine. I have yet to pull Spidey into the pic scene.
But I LOVED Twisted Toyfare Theater. Have a few collections around and still read them. It was sadly the main reason I bought the magazine.

I quite liked this one, micro-scale:

ku8UVEUl.jpg

Dat mini figure body!

Woorloog

Banned
While i've never particularly cared for Star Trek (too much technobabble and pseudo-science, weak internal consistency), Star Trek ships are quite pretty looking. And make great legos.

That micro-scale? Awesome!

I picked up a few small sets today and found this in my bag. It's an ad for the new LEGO Batman DVD...but I've never seen that Flash before. Could a fig be in the cards soon?

You know they will. The question is when. I would think the video game is enough tie-in to make a Green Lantern or Flash minifig since it seems there is large of TV shows or movies to drive those minifig sales.

If Teen Titans cartoon is successful, hopefully we see some sets for that.

That Flash figure is so cool. But I want that Green Lantern fig more!

Both! *drool*

A Green Lantern Corps subtheme would be amazing.

FujEhg7.jpg
FmX13Ra.png
q6zWube.jpg
Cnf5Ojn.png

Unlikely unless we see a Green Lantern movie or TV show hit with those. Those custom non-decal minifigs are expensive. I've thought about doing my own mods someday, but not likely in the near future.

Chuck

Still without luck
I picked up a few small sets today and found this in my bag. It's an ad for the new LEGO Batman DVD...but I've never seen that Flash before. Could a fig be in the cards soon?

I sure hope so. :(

Somewhat related though, a coworker told me a few weeks ago that she knows someone who works at WB and was shown a photo of a green arrow minifigure from an upcoming set. I haven't seen it myself so it's all hearsay to me.

Top Bottom