• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

frogg609

c61a944ebf7011e283fe22000a1faeaf_7.jpg

It is done!

Started last Saturday, finished tonight. (Only a little bit each night, usually when my son was in bed). Without a doubt, one of the most amazingly fun builds ever. Seeing how it all comes together, and the level of detail in each play area, so great. I like how solid it is as well (minus the "guard rails" in the shot above, they suck).

If you can afford this, get it. I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan ever, but everything about this is just wonderful!

It is done!

Started last Saturday, finished tonight. (Only a little bit each night, usually when my son was in bed). Without a doubt, one of the most amazingly fun builds ever. Seeing how it all comes together, and the level of detail in each play area, so great. I like how solid it is as well (minus the "guard rails" in the shot above, they suck).

If you can afford this, get it. I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan ever, but everything about this is just wonderful!
Another soul has witnessed the firepower of that fully armed and operational battle station!

Best Star strikes again!

Tuvoc

A lil pic of the sets I built today.

Apparently the smell of our grilled chicken legs attract animals...from another planet. So much for a relaxing day at the cabin!

cabin.jpg

Bug Obliterator rebuild done. As awesome as this set is, I think I have to put Hive Crawler above it. Perhaps it is the uniqueness of building a giant bug with moving legs, where the Bug Obliterator is a spaceship that separates into two ships and transforms slightly.
Both have their charms and merits, but Hive Crawler has a bit more character to it and makes me feel more like a child when playing with it.
Perhaps a rebuild of Hive Crawler will change my mind.

Either way, I have this feeling deep in my bones that Galactic Titan will shame all other Galaxy Squad sets. Perhaps it is just the name...Galactic Titan! Even the name is epic.

Tuvoc that picture is awesome!

A lil pic of the sets I built today.

Apparently the smell of our grilled chicken legs attract animals...from another planet. So much for a relaxing day at the cabin!

cabin.jpg

All that is missing is Shelob. :) Truly the queen of creepy, posable creatures.

On a side note, I was thinking more about the Mouth of Sauron. Isn't he technically the only character in the LOTR films to ONLY appear in the extended editions? Everyone else just got more screen time or made appearances in films they did not in the theatrical, but Mouth of Sauron was nowhere in the theatrical editions.

Tuvoc

Tuvoc that picture is awesome!

Thank you! :)

Yes! I wish I had Shelob! I could prop up the roof and have the spider creeping out of the house to make the camper look like he's totally oblivious as to anything thats going on around him aside from his grilling! lol

I think I know what I'm buying next...Thanks PhonBon!

Thank you! :)

Yes! I wish I had Shelob! I could prop up the roof and have the spider creeping out of the house to make the camper look like he's totally oblivious as to anything thats going on around him aside from his grilling! lol

I think I know what I'm buying next...Thanks PhonBon!
Shelob is a very underrated set. While I think Gandalf Arrives had more character, the creepy nature and super poseability of Shelob is so great. The set is getting harder to find now as well. Worth every penny at the $20 price point though.

Tuvoc

Shelob is a very underrated set. While I think Gandalf Arrives had more character, the creepy nature and super poseability of Shelob is so great. The set is getting harder to find now as well. Worth every penny at the $20 price point though.

I never realized how tough it was to find. Everytime I go to K-Mart, I see it. Though I'm not really a fan of LoTR or their Lego sets. I always contemplated buying that for the huge spider. I think I'll stop in and snag it tomorrow. Just so I can have a small army of giant bugs!

R-User!

On a side note, I was thinking more about the Mouth of Sauron. Isn't he technically the only character in the LOTR films to ONLY appear in the extended editions? Everyone else just got more screen time or made appearances in films they did not in the theatrical, but Mouth of Sauron was nowhere in the theatrical editions.

This is true; Mouth of Sauron=RotKEE only...

It is done!

The minifigs are outdated. :) Sour grapes here.

Tuvoc

Awesome! To be a VIP member, do I first need to buy something else off Lego.com?

nah, once you become VIP, every purchase you make will get you points. You don't necessarily have to buy into the program.

So you can:

Become VIP when Orthanc is released-purchase Orthanc-get 199 VIP points

neonglow

I joined the TRU buyer club today with the purchase of the Treehouse and Gatehouse Raid. I wanted the Treehouse and needed something to pair it with so I got the castle set.

On that note, Toys R Us has a coupon for a $10 gift card if you spend over $40. This STACKS with the 50% off BOGO sale! I paid a little over $50 for 2 sets and the gift card.

Print this coupon when you go shopping today!

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/051013_BroadOffer_960728.pdf

nah, once you become VIP, every purchase you make will get you points. You don't necessarily have to buy into the program.

So you can:

Become VIP when Orthanc is released-purchase Orthanc-get 199 VIP points

But it doesn't seem like I'll be a proper VIP member until my first buy, and thus I won't get a chance to buy it early?

I might throw in an order of series 10 minifigs to get there. Shops around here are MSRP anyway.

Soul4ger

This is going to be a dangerous hobby. Had another long day at work. Saw the coupon for the gift card in here and stopped. They had ALL the new Lord of the Rings sets, plus the Dragon Mountain set... I actually told my fiancée I was going this time, so I couldn't go nuts. Probably a good thing. But I did get the dragon mountain set with a $10 gift card. I didn't take advantage of the Buy One Get One sale. But I'm happy I exhibited some restraint. Big dragon! All I need is the castle, and I have all the Castle sets!

TripOpt55

This is going to be a dangerous hobby. Had another long day at work. Saw the coupon for the gift card in here and stopped. They had ALL the new Lord of the Rings sets, plus the Dragon Mountain set... I actually told my fiancée I was going this time, so I couldn't go nuts. Probably a good thing. But I did get the dragon mountain set with a $10 gift card. I didn't take advantage of the Buy One Get One sale. But I'm happy I exhibited some restraint. Big dragon! All I need is the castle, and I have all the Castle sets!
Please give impressions of the Castle sets when you build them :) I'm going to try and get either the Castle or Dragon Mountain soon. Can't wait!

ghostmind

I think the Dragon Mountain set is rather rare right now, so congrats on finding it.

Soul4ger

What's the best place to host pictures? I'd like to take some, I have one of the box for 70403 and I'd like to show the people that asked some detailed pictures of the construction process and the finished products. Any other suggestions for picture taking? Seems like flash is really a problem.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
What's the best place to host pictures? I'd like to take some, I have one of the box for 70403 and I'd like to show the people that asked some detailed pictures of the construction process and the finished products. Any other suggestions for picture taking? Seems like flash is really a problem.

I use Flickr. Idk what everyone else uses.

Imgur.com is dead simple, and very fast.

Thanks Amazon!
jyJ3zEzPwzAMg_e.jpg

Might need to hit up Toys r us this weekend.. hahaha

Sith Fury. Very wise choice my friend.

I use IMGUR. Super simple to use, even on mobile devices.

Everytime someone gets the Sith Fury, I just nod my head and smile. You will enjoy that set, such a great build, so solid and detailed and so much swoosh factor.

neonglow

I went back to TRU and got 2 more sets with the coupon! I love minifigure scale Creator sets. I need to find the old school pilot figure I have somewhere to take control of it.

I wanted to pickup some of the new Coastal sets, but they seem really marked up. Everything seemed to be twice as much as it should have been going by the piece counts.

ghostmind

I went back to TRU and got 2 more sets with the coupon! I love minifigure scale Creator sets. I need to find the old school pilot figure I have somewhere to take control of it.

I wanted to pickup some of the new Coastal sets, but they seem really marked up. Everything seemed to be twice as much as it should have been going by the piece counts.

Nice haul! I need to get that Aviation Adventures set! And the new LotR sets! Of all the times to be away from a TRU!

Very curious on the quality of the alt models on the Aviation set...

neonglow

Nice haul! I need to get that Aviation Adventures set! And the new LotR sets! Of all the times to be away from a TRU!

Very curious on the quality of the alt models on the Aviation set...

The helicopter alt looks pretty bad from the back of the box. The speedboat looks decent but they're both many tiers below the main model.

I wanted Aviation Adventure a decent amount until I saw the video review where they showed the working propellor. Now it is a MUST buy for me.

Plans this month are to finally finish Monster Fighters by getting Ghost Train. Then save up for Orthanc.

frogg609

I built the Chima Wak's Pack Tracker tonight. The Chima stuff is really impressive. Love the minifigs, and the detail on the rolling catapult is just awesome. The mouth moving when it rolls is too cool, but I think my favorite part are the spikes on the tires. It just makes it awesome.
I know nothing of the show, but I'm hoping these gain traction with the kids, as they are some impressive toys.

neonglow

I built the Chima Wak's Pack Tracker tonight. The Chima stuff is really impressive. Love the minifigs, and the detail on the rolling catapult is just awesome. The mouth moving when it rolls is too cool, but I think my favorite part are the spikes on the tires. It just makes it awesome.
I know nothing of the show, but I'm hoping these gain traction with the kids, as they are some impressive toys.

It currently seems like a bust as a replacement to Ninjago. Lego was giving everyone a China set with May order.

I ended up with 1 for only $10 at Target. I thought it was a fun little build. A lot going on even though I don't care for the LOTR stuff, I really just got it for the giant spider. Fun times!

Milamber

I've been staring at my unopened Technics and Fire Brigade for days now. Don't know if I will ever have the time to build them.

EDIT: Got all 16 of S10 MiniFigures. Till now no Mr. Gold, some stores here now refuse to open new boxes up if there are still packs available in the opened/searched ones. Reason being that they would rather sell the unopened boxes since there are now buyers for it. Fuckers!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Darn, I know it looked really awkward but I didn't expect Chima to bomb that fast! I'm thankful Friends did good for them at least!

I think it's too early to say whether it is bombing. Sending out these tiny seeder packs is probably more about getting people aware of it

Welp, this has been the weirdest shopping experience I've had in a while.

B-Wing just showed, without shipping notification, without even leaving "customer service" on the order description.

Seems a bit behind everyone else's but at least it's here! That's a positive!

Now I guess I should reorder Red Five and make certain it ships properly, this time.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Kmart's having a 50% toy clearance sale again. Didn't see much on clearance, but I did pick up 3 of the Gandalf Arrives sets for $5 each. One for the nephews, one for a friend, and naturally one for me. :p

Top Bottom