• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

The Imperial Shuttle is in landing mode. :( Sexy mode is wings down. But looking at that shelf it looks like there isn't room to do that without rearranging a bit.

I'm going to try to make space either for ths shuttle to move or R2 to move. Whichever way the wings will be open.

Underbed storage? We have our son's scalextric there but ere would be space for tons of lego, and the shallow storage would give you access to a lot of lego when the lid was off.

Otherwise really useful is, well, really useful. Drawer units are handy. Or Ikea 'Alex' drawer units in their home office section caught my eye. I have a smaller one for my desk but the big one looks perfect for lego - a few deep drawers and a few shallow ones.

Wife keeps winter clothes under the bed so I'm thinking to claim the space under the sofa. If we had the space I would just buy some Alex units and kit out an entire room.

ghostmind

Is this going to be a small set with a ton of minifigures? :) Somehow I doubt they'll put just about every character you'd need in one set.

Unless someone spies the summer retailer catalog and reports back, we may be waiting until February for the NY Toy Fair to learn the details (and get pics!)

We need a line of Lego arsonists to give the Lego Fire Department more work because the city is crawling with firemen.
There definitely won't be any shortages of calendars...

Anyone else not too impressed with some of the hobbit sets? Really not digging the sets attack of the wargs, barrel escape and goblin king. Gonna brick link the hobbits from those sets.
Yeah, I'm not too excited about the Hobbit sets, except for An Unexpected Gathering. That one is a must. I'm considering getting the Goblin King set just because the GK mini-fig looks pretty bad-ass. Otherwise, the sets look pretty generic in my opinion. Hopefully, the next waves of LOTR and Hobbit sets will be more inspired.

Oh, and for anyone planning on getting into the Chima theme, there will be approximately 36 sets coming in 2013. LEGO is putting some serious muscle behind the theme with the expectations that it will outdo Ninjago.
"I think you overestimate their chances..."
BastTarkinEvacuate-ANH.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm going to try to make space either for ths shuttle to move or R2 to move. Whichever way the wings will be open.

Wife keeps winter clothes under the bed so I'm thinking to claim the space under the sofa. If we had the space I would just buy some Alex units and kit out an entire room.

Ooh, a bunch of the larger Alex drawers, with a couple of large tabletops for build space. That'd be perfect :)

Tree is going up soon. Will sadly obscure the view at the moment.
What limits my space even more is that the sun gets really hot near the windows and I worry about the plastic degrading. So I only keep Lego on shelves away from direct sunlight, and everything else is in the closet.

What limits my space even more is that the sun gets really hot near the windows and I worry about the plastic degrading. So I only keep Lego on shelves away from direct sunlight, and everything else is in the closet.
I have the blinds closed behind the shelf my modulars are on, but I worry more about color fade from it.

ghostmind

Dino and Pirates of the Caribbean themes have been removed from S@H. You can still find the individual sets by searching for them, but they are Sold Out.

ghostmind

I just picked up some furniture & shelving for storage/display, and now it is a matter of assembling it all, which may not be for a bit due to holiday commitments.

I will hopefully have something to show for the new year and I'll post pics once I get there.

Wizard Battle and Council of Elron have been high on my list of "dream sets" since LotR was announced...I hope they do them justice. I'm sure we're getting an interior for Orthanc rather than the whole tower, so I'm keeping my expectations low on that one, but there's some fantastic architecture in the council scene that LEGO would be crazy to leave on the table.

The Hobbit sets don't excite me just based on the box art but I'm reserving judgment until I build them for myself. The box art for the first wave of LotR sets was similarly underwhelming and those turned out to be in no way representative of set quality. I can't believe I thought Helm's Deep and Moria looked bad and Gandalf Arrives seemed completely skippable. Those are three of my favorite sets from this year.

neonglow

This week's deals:

Target has Buy 1 Get 1 50% off on City sets.

Kmart has Buy 1 Get 1 50% off on LOTR, Monster Fighters, Star Wars, Duplo & Hero Factory sets.

KMHOLIDAY code for free shipping if over $49.
KMART10PSAVINGS code for 10% off if over $75.

These codes are all stackable.

Rumors are becoming more concrete:

79006 The Council of Elrond

Wouldn't that mostly be a minifig collection with a few chairs?

Also, is the Bridge of Khazad Dum battle still "confirmed" as an upcoming set? I seriously need that balrog (and then an Eowyn vs Witch-King).

I'm getting the Bag End set, but probably repurposing it for a FOTR scene with Gandalf Arrives. Is there an Old Bilbo figure?

ruxtpin

Banned
Visited the rents earlier. These two sets are still lumped together. They need a good washing, but I'm looking forward to having them in my possession again. =)

pirate_skullseyeschooner.jpg

4563-1.jpg

ghostmind

Wouldn't that mostly be a minifig collection with a few chairs?

Also, is the Bridge of Khazad Dum battle still "confirmed" as an upcoming set? I seriously need that balrog (and then an Eowyn vs Witch-King).

I'm getting the Bag End set, but probably repurposing it for a FOTR scene with Gandalf Arrives. Is there an Old Bilbo figure?

The Khazad-Dum set, the Treebeard set and one other (can't recall at the moment) came from a different source which is less certain. While the possibility for those isn't dead yet, their likelihood is much weaker than the ones I just listed.

wetwired

Anyone else not too impressed with some of the hobbit sets? Really not digging the sets attack of the wargs, barrel escape and goblin king. Gonna brick link the hobbits from those sets.

Same. I've gone from thinking maybe I'd buy 1 or 2 for the dwarves and brick linking the rest for an ikea frame to thinking maybe I will skip them all together.

ghostmind

Here we go - woe be to the Chima completionist...

January 2013 sets
70000 Razcal’s Glider
70001 Crawley’s Claw Ripper
70002 Lennox's Lion Attack
70003 Eris' Eagle Interceptor
70004 Wakz's Pack Tracker
70005 Laval’s Royal Fighter
70006 Cragger’s Command Ship
70011 Eagle's Castle
70012 Razar’s Chi Raider
70013 Equila's Ultra Striker

January 2013 Speedorz
70100 Ring of Fire
70101 Target Practice
70102 Chi Waterfall
70103 Boulder Bowling
70104 Jungle Gates
70105 Nest Dive
70106 Ice Tower
70113 Chi Battles
70115 Ultimate Speedor Tournament

Summer 2013 sets
70007 Eglor's Twin Bike
70008 Gorzan's Gorilla Striker
70009 Worriz's Combat Lair
70010 The Lion Chi Temple
70014 The Croc Swamp Hideout

Summer 2013 Speedorz
70107 Skunk Attack
70108 Royal Roost
70109 Whirling Vines
70110 Tower Target
70111 Swamp Jump
70112 Croc Jump
70114 Sky Joust

Summer 2013 Ultrabuilds
70200 Laval
70201 Eris
70202 Gorzan
70203 Cragger
70204 Worriz
70205 Razar

DJ_Lae

I still have the sails and masts from the old Black Seas Barracuda, but none of the hull pieces. :(

I have some extra hull pieces - no idea where they came from. I know at some point we had an extra barricuda that my mom found at a garage sale but as I already had one we built it and sold it. I'd have loved to have that extra now.

The only other pirate ship I had was the small clipper released at the same time.

I was in a Toys R Us earlier and saw they had the TMNT sets. $80 is a bit much for the Turtle Van set for me right now, but I'll get it later. Instead I picked up the Kraang Lab Escape. Nice little set.

8229C19E-054D-4623-BC88-33A88E1EAAEC-2029-0000018871837F14.jpg

wetwired

picked up one of the TMNT sets. $80 seems a bit expensive but I couldn't resist. Now i'm waiting on the set that includes both Raph and Donatello:

oh snap there's different face prints for the turtles? Michelangelo has a tongue out in that one but a snarl in the smaller set. that may have thrown out my purchasing plans.

Kletian

oh snap there's different face prints for the turtles? Michelangelo has a tongue out in that one but a snarl in the smaller set. that may have thrown out my purchasing plans.

Different faces, and different weapons. Mike has his regular chucks in the Kraang set, and his hooked chucks in the Van.

Got the Van, Shredders Bike and the Kraang set yesterday. Shredde's Bike is AWESOME, the Kraang set is good for getting all those great pieces cheap. And the Van is boooooring. But sometimes it's less about the journey but more about the destination!

icespide

Banned

I believe there's 2 versions of each turtle. I'll post a pic of the minifig list from my van set later

So decided to build cafe corner with bricks and colours I own. Not caring about colours fitting I just randomly picked up pieces as they fell unit my hands.
Fun build but no where near as good as the newer modulars IMHO.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
So decided to build cafe corner with bricks and colours I own. Not caring about colours fitting I just randomly picked up pieces as they fell unit my hands.
Fun build but no where near as good as the newer modulars IMHO.

Frankencafe

Rootbeer

Banned
I believe there's 2 versions of each turtle. I'll post a pic of the minifig list from my van set later

Yes there are two different heads for each turtle! If you buy every set you get both heads for each turtle, plus one extra raph. For whatever reason they put him in more sets. I guess there's still the perception that raph is the most popular turtle, but i'm not sure that is going to be true for this new series as each turtle is much more distinct. Don and Mikey have been getting the best reactions I think (and this coming from a hardcore Raph fan growing up :p)

The Khazad-Dum set, the Treebeard set and one other (can't recall at the moment) came from a different source which is less certain. While the possibility for those isn't dead yet, their likelihood is much weaker than the ones I just listed.
I would think that a Treebeard set would be likely based solely on the fact that the Treebeard that appeared in the video game seemed to be completely made of existing LEGO pieces and thus could easily be made into a set. Admittedly, that's all that I've got to go on though.

Top Bottom