• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

ghostmind

More rumors:

75015 Corporate Alliance Droid
75016 Homing Spider Droid
75017 Yoda vs. Count Dooku playset
75018 Yoda Chronicles model
75019 AT-TE
75020 Jabba's Sail Barge
75021 Republic Gunship
75022 Mandalorian Speeder

With Episode 2 3D coming out September 20th, the focus on sets from that movie make sense. Hopefully this means a non-CW version of Yoda and Dooku.

Yoda Chronicles is a new LEGO multimedia thing coming out this Spring. Not a lot is known about it, other than it will be a book, a web-series, a cartoon(?) and now I guess at least one set.

ghostmind

DVw3Y.jpg

OY9uT.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Hmm, Yoda vs. Count Dooku playset... I hope it's not Clone Wars style. I'd like to see them redesign the movie-style Yoda head, or at least throw some nice paint apps on there.

I like the Clone wars Yoda head, but it doesn't fit with the movie figures.

More rumors:

75015 Corporate Alliance Droid
75016 Homing Spider Droid
75017 Yoda vs. Count Dooku playset
75018 Yoda Chronicles model
75019 AT-TE
75020 Jabba's Sail Barge
75021 Republic Gunship
75022 Mandalorian Speeder

With Episode 2 3D coming out September 20th, the focus on sets from that movie make sense. Hopefully this means a non-CW version of Yoda and Dooku.

Yoda Chronicles is a new LEGO multimedia thing coming out this Spring. Not a lot is known about it, other than it will be a book, a web-series, a cartoon(?) and now I guess at least one set.

My wallet: I got a bad feeling about this

None of the new leaks thrill me, but I pretty much have to buy that A-Wing set now.

It's funny, I thought when I started that I'd get sucked right into Star Wars and never buy anything else. Coming up on one year since I joined legogaf and I have yet to buy a single set.

So I went to the Lego Store today with the Mrs. and the little one. I convinced the Mrs. that we should get a Lego set each Xmas as a family gift to build around the X-Mas tree.

We picked up the Winter Village Cottage, and I snagged a Galaxy Squad Swarm Interceptor.

But my wife was like I thought Toys R Us had a deal if you spent more than $100. So we looked it up. What is the deal with Toys R Us prices? They wanted $20 more for the Winter Village Cottage, and $20 more for that Orange Galaxy Squad set. It didn't make their $25 off a deal at all.

Anyway, happy to have new sets to build. My daughter kept picking up Duplos so seems she will be happy on Xmas day.

R-User!

So I went to the Lego Store today with the Mrs. and the little one. I convinced the Mrs. that we should get a Lego set each Xmas as a family gift to build around the X-Mas tree.

We picked up the Winter Village Cottage, and I snagged a Galaxy Squad Swarm Interceptor.

But my wife was like I thought Toys R Us had a deal if you spent more than $100. So we looked it up. What is the deal with Toys R Us prices? They wanted $20 more for the Winter Village Cottage, and $20 more for that Orange Galaxy Squad set. It didn't make their $25 off a deal at all.

Anyway, happy to have new sets to build. My daughter kept picking up Duplos so seems she will be happy on Xmas day.

Welcome, to the reality, of the Toys R Us world! /Morpheus

wetwired

Ready to drop $200 on the TMNT sets to the first retailer to offer them :p (sans ebay!)

Me too. Tempted to pre order from Barnes an noble. All of them except the van. Plus I'll probably get the batman bane and Mr freeze sets. They don't ship til next year though. They will be cheaper than local Australian RRP and the shipping is reasonable. It's pretty much $200 all up for all those delivered.

Yeah, it's well established that TRU has sleazy markup practices with LEGO. It's hard to break even with a coupon, I've found. I rarely bother with them anymore.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Since everything's coming out so early, would it be too much to sneak Ninjago out too, LEGO Store? I crave The Golden Dragon.

ruxtpin

Banned
I gotta' stop. Everytime I go to Target or Wal-Mart now I think, "Well, I should buy something [a Lego set] while I'm here."

R-User!

I gotta' stop. Everytime I go to Target or Wal-Mart now I think, "Well, I should buy something [a Lego set] while I'm here."

Change that to: "While I'm here I might as well see if anything's (LEGO) on sale..."

If nothing is on sale then you should refrain unless there is something they have that you can't find elsewhere easily (which for me isn't usually the case; therefore, I usually just browse the Lego isle to get the Lego "itch" outta my system, and if I see the same ole stuff at the same ole prices I leave without buying anything.).

Works for me. :)

ruxtpin

Banned
Tonight I bought the Ewok tree set, since it was 5 dollars off at Target. Other times I'm wandering around getting other stuff and think, "Well, I need something to do tonight."

bodine1231

Haunted House done! This is by far my favorite looking modular so far,so beautifully ugly. I also prefer the dollhouse method as opposed to the modular way of lifting each floor. It's easier to display and show off. The build itself was pretty standard,nothing to write home about.

20121207_235639.jpg

20121207_235656.jpg

20121207_235705.jpg

This 'little' guy is up next!

20121208_005154.jpg

Change that to: "While I'm here I might as well see if anything's (LEGO) on sale..."

If nothing is on sale then you should refrain unless there is something they have that you can't find elsewhere easily (which for me isn't usually the case; therefore, I usually just browse the Lego isle to get the Lego "itch" outta my system, and if I see the same ole stuff at the same ole prices I leave without buying anything.).

Works for me. :)

Tonight I bought the Ewok tree set, since it was 5 dollars off at Target. Other times I'm wandering around getting other stuff and think, "Well, I need something to do tonight."

thats pretty much what I do nowadays...
Ive never been "shopping" in town as often as in the last year, whenever I am in town I will wonder through the stores on the lookout for LEGO bargains xD

^Same here. Hit up the Target(s), check out Wal Mart to see if the Recycling Truck is ever on sale (no luck so far), go by B&N just in case, and actively avoid TRU.

Clearance areas should stock up again in Jan/Feb, too. :D

I saw the new City sets...man does Lego love public service workers. I would like to see them use a water system like how some of the Playmobil sets were.

I saw the new City sets...man does Lego love public service workers. I would like to see them use a water system like how some of the Playmobil sets were.

yea I've said it before, LEGO city must be rich as frack, they get a new police department every year, also a new fire department, and a new airport every other year too...
thing is there seems to be very little commercialy going on otherwise which makes it hard to understand how the LEGO economy can sustain itself.

it could be that all the tax revenue comes from heartlake city with all its beauty salons and such, and as heartlake city has no crime or fires, they are able to sustain the cesspool that LEGO city must be...

wetwired

So pre ordered the 3 tmnt sets I need to get all 4 turtles. The small one with krang and Michaelangelo, donatello and shredders bike, the turtle lair with Raphael and Leonardo. I also put the batman bane and Mr freeze sets in the order.

Only really missing April O'Neil and the minifig krang. Not sure if I'll just bricklink.com those ones or just not bother with them.

yea I've said it before, LEGO city must be rich as frack, they get a new police department every year, also a new fire department, and a new airport every other year too...
thing is there seems to be very little commercialy going on otherwise which makes it hard to understand how the LEGO economy can sustain itself.

it could be that all the tax revenue comes from heartlake city with all its beauty salons and such, and as heartlake city has no crime or fires, they are able to sustain the cesspool that LEGO city must be...

Lego City is able to get all those new civil service buildings all the time by simply demolishing their old buildings and using the parts for scrap to build new ones. Why else are their construction vehicles?

And for the big jobs the Technic vehicles come in.

And as for Heartlake City, I imagine it like the village in Hot Fuzz. It is all perfect and serene on the surface, but they are all part of a secret society and anyone that reflects badly on the town's perfect image has an "accident." After all, they must protect the greater good.
And also people are afraid to cross Olivia.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Step 2 says I need to use FatWallet on Lego.com. So I have to sign up for their service to try and win? No thanks.

As far as I've seen, that's more of a suggestion than anything. I just enter with the Step 1 part. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's still worth a try.

As far as I've seen, that's more of a suggestion than anything. I just enter with the Step 1 part. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's still worth a try.

I tried just step 1, and it asked for my FatWallet ID.

Cool contest if you are already a member, but I don't feel like registering for the service.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I tried just step 1, and it asked for my FatWallet ID.

Cool contest if you are already a member, but I don't feel like registering for the service.

It's not really registering for a service, you just have to be a forum member. It's pretty much just like any other forum you might randomly join for a contest. Useful to have a spare spam email account if you're worried about it, although now that I think about it, I think I rarely get any emails from them, if any.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Love finding older waves of minifigs out in the wild- just got some cheapo wave 7s.

Nerd, tennis player and hippy, you can all join the collection of extras.

ghostmind

Haunted House done! This is by far my favorite looking modular so far,so beautifully ugly. I also prefer the dollhouse method as opposed to the modular way of lifting each floor. It's easier to display and show off. The build itself was pretty standard,nothing to write home about.

20121207_235705.jpg

This 'little' guy is up next!

20121208_005154.jpg

Great 1-2 punch of sets you have lined up there - two of my top 5 for 2012 for sure.

ghostmind

Agreed. Only downside on Haunted House for me was how poorly bag 1 was handled. After that it was aces.

In hindsight, what I should have done was set bag 1 aside and keep going back to it during the build, assembling the furniture, etc as I got to each corresponding room. That's what I'll do when I rebuild it, though I don't see the HH being taken apart any time in the forseeable future.

In hindsight, what I should have done was set bag 1 aside and keep going back to it during the build, assembling the furniture, etc as I got to each corresponding room. That's what I'll do when I rebuild it, though I don't see the HH being taken apart any time in the forseeable future.
Debating about dismantling mine. I love it, but Halloween is past. And there are so many nice parts in it.

And as for Heartlake City, I imagine it like the village in Hot Fuzz. It is all perfect and serene on the surface, but they are all part of a secret society and anyone that reflects badly on the town's perfect image has an "accident." After all, they must protect the greater good.
And also people are afraid to cross Olivia.

I'm going to need my own collection of Friends sets so I can explore this...

Top Bottom