• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Jimbro72

I am terrified at what you would consider a monster order...

I'll spill the details tomorrow once it's actually been placed and paid for, as I don't want to jinx it. I've been trying to order stuff with her using her discount for months but she's been too busy but I finally heard back from her today, so hopefully this is the time.

Is there anything left?

Not much for SW sets but about 5 months ago I got a hair up my ass and decided after years of looking through Lego catalogs and wishing I collected other lines, I said screw it, I'm going to start collecting other lines and stop missing out. So, yeah, only 1 SW set in this order but lots of other goodies.

EDIT: Crappy preview of one of the baseplate of my Galaxy Squad battleground. The plate that will be next to this one will have the biggest rock formation. Like, most of the plate.

Very cool. I was hoping you'd post some in progress pics. I do always enjoy when you, and everyone else here, post pics of the stuff they're working on as I'm not sure I have either the talent or ingenuity to come close to pulling off a lot of the stuff I see you guys post here. So I'll just sit here and admire all the cool MOC stuff that gets posted in this thread.

And great use of the classic space plates. It be nice if they included more specialized base plates like that in today's sets. I miss all those neat base plates I had as a kid.

ghostmind

The new King's Castle is modular, and can be expanded by adding one (or more) Gatehouse Raid sets:

sQ2T66L.png

ruxtpin

Banned
And... Just ordered the Horizon Express for 30 dollars off. Felt it was too good to pass up.

Why does Lego have to keep making stuff I want to buy!

MisterNoisy

Bought a bunch of Galaxy Squad stuff recently (70701, 70702, 70706, 70707). Nice builds with some unconventional colors and great minifigs. I particularly liked getting adversary mini-builds with the larger sets.

I really want to like this set, but I'm just not feeling it.

The more I look at it, the more it grows on me. I feel that might be one of those sets you have to build to "get" though.

And... Just ordered the Horizon Express for 30 dollars off. Felt it was too good to pass up.

ermUkmA.gif

Enjoy the train. I will eventually get tracks and power functions. Much to the dismay of my wife...

Bought a bunch of Galaxy Squad stuff recently (70701, 70702, 70706, 70707). Nice builds with some unconventional colors and great minifigs. I particularly liked getting adversary mini-builds with the larger sets.

You have denied yourself the glory of Hive Crawler and Bug Obliterator. I trust that is something that will be rectified soon. But I see you did get the Eradicator Mech. Good times.

frogg609

Made it up to Denver tonight, but by the time we settled in and got dinner with friends it was closed. Will be going there tomorrow (the one in Centennial) if anyone wants to try and meet up. May be there Saturday before Comic Con and Bassnectar as well. Let me know!

Ainaurdur

Perhaps if you replace the blue 1x2 slopes with dark blue grey and add a few of the new brick textured 1x2 bricks it would make it more "mature" looking.

I agree, that is pretty much the only detail that holds it back for me, the bright blue cheese at the top. Fairly easy to fix with plain grey pieces in place of the blue. And the set begs for a traditional green baseplate to tie it all together.

Also as I have built Helm's Deep, I like the newer rectangular castle wall pieces but I also miss the old ones.

Sorry for the poor quality. Lighting in here is crap, and the iPad does not take the best pics. I was too tired to go hunt down my phone. Crappy late night work in progress pics:

Showing how each baseplate will connect to the other. Glad to know the base of that one column is happy to be here.

The two plates together, making the rock columns a bit more seamless.
The hanging cocoon can be removed if I want, but it adds a bit of character. The turning plate on the side is for attaching bugs.

One angle of the rock formation. The exposed SNOT piece is for bug attachment.

Another angle. The beam jutting out of the top is for attaching the Bug Obliterator.

Close up of attaching the Bug Obliterator to the rock formation. The cockpit slides down and covers up this connection.

All the Galaxy Squad I have in position. All I have is space the size of four plates wide, 1.5 plates deep. There will be no room for the Titan. Perhaps a big display of all the Galaxy Squad, and another of the bugs.

Speaking of bugs...

AMBUSH!

Bug attached to the turning plate on the side of the column. I can angle him any way I want for maximum creepiness.

CHAOS! CRAPPY PIC!

BUGS!

Yeah, the sets take up a lot more space than originally thought. I don't think I can get all of them in one spot and still make it look good. This was just to get an idea of the real estate I had to work with, and honestly it aint much.

Some more tiny rock formations to hold all plates together, then some strategic bug and GS placement will help. But it will still look chaotic. I don't think I will have the space or patience to make it look like one of the big bugs is exploding.

neonglow

All the Galaxy Squad I have in position. All I have is space the size of four plates wide, 1.5 plates deep. There will be no room for the Titan. Perhaps a big display of all the Galaxy Squad, and another of the bugs.

I like how you made the Bug Obliterator seem like it's flying over the rock structure. You should bring back that hill you made for the Haunted House. Turn it into an emergence holes like in Gears of War.

I like how you made the Bug Obliterator seem like it's flying over the rock structure. You should bring back that hill you made for the Haunted House. Turn it into an emergence holes like in Gears of War.

Plan is for a few smaller emergence holes throughout for the tinier bugs. Problem is that the Hive Crawler takes up an entire plate by itself.

Ravek

Banned
Sorry for the poor quality. Lighting in here is crap, and the iPad does not take the best pics. I was too tired to go hunt down my phone. Crappy late night work in progress pics:

Showing how each baseplate will connect to the other. Glad to know the base of that one column is happy to be here.

The two plates together, making the rock columns a bit more seamless.
The hanging cocoon can be removed if I want, but it adds a bit of character. The turning plate on the side is for attaching bugs.

One angle of the rock formation. The exposed SNOT piece is for bug attachment.

Another angle. The beam jutting out of the top is for attaching the Bug Obliterator.

Close up of attaching the Bug Obliterator to the rock formation. The cockpit slides down and covers up this connection.

Speaking of bugs...

AMBUSH!

Bug attached to the turning plate on the side of the column. I can angle him any way I want for maximum creepiness.

CHAOS! CRAPPY PIC!

BUGS!

Yeah, the sets take up a lot more space than originally thought. I don't think I can get all of them in one spot and still make it look good. This was just to get an idea of the real estate I had to work with, and honestly it aint much.

Some more tiny rock formations to hold all plates together, then some strategic bug and GS placement will help. But it will still look chaotic. I don't think I will have the space or patience to make it look like one of the big bugs is exploding.

Epic. New here to LegoGAF. I plan on buying two or three Galaxy Squad sets today for my son and I to play with. Anyone have any suggestions for the sets that I def need to get?

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

I know right. Its like they see my money and they say, oh you have my money there. I just reply, yes, yes it seems I do. Here.

Jimbro72

Perhaps if you replace the blue 1x2 slopes with dark blue grey and add a few of the new brick textured 1x2 bricks it would make it more "mature" looking.

I totally agree. Those blue slopes are so jarring compared to the color of the rest of the castle that it does add to the "kiddie" look of it, even though I really like the overall design of it. I gotta think going either light or dark gray slopes would help the appearance greatly.

Excellent stuff! I love how you have the Bug Obliterator flying over the rocks. Very nice detail.

shadow29

Neo Member
If anyones in Europe, near Spain, theres a guy trying to sell his UCS Millenium Falcon for a solid price of 400 Euros. Could be scam i suppose. I put in the buy on Brinklink but I think he doesnt want to ship it the US since he needs money sooner rather than later. I'm obviously asking for pics now if I can pry it out of him. If your interested in trying to see if he legit lmk Ill send you his email.

Edit: He says its complete, damaged instructions and I believe the box is solid. Again still trying to get pictures.

Edit2: Doesnt look like he really understands how Bricklink works since he posted it again. He's sending me pictures tomorrow of all the peices. Looks like it might be mine for 400 unless someone one ups me big itme. Which considering the asking price is 1.8K for the cheapest on bricklink, that may just happen. Now I just gotta sweat it out over the weekend since he can't ship til Monday.

Beside the classic crater base plate, the hanging cocoon is the best detail.

R-User!

So LEGO GAF made some news, sort of:

http://toysnbricks.com/lego-10236-10235-10234-2013-ucs-sets/

Forum member Marcus70 informs us of three new upcoming LEGO UCS sets from neogaf, which I believe originated form grogall. Estimated prices are shown below. LEGO 10236 Ewok Village is a set that most people are definitely looking forward to!

Architecture 10234 Sydney Opera House – $279.99
Expert/Creator 10235 Winter Village Market – $89.99
Star Wars 10236 Ewok Village – $249.99

At least we got a mention... Maybe more fine folks like Jimbro72 will join and share their epic pics! :)

ghostmind

So LEGO GAF made some news, sort of:

http://toysnbricks.com/lego-10236-10235-10234-2013-ucs-sets/

At least we got a mention... Maybe more fine folks like Jimbro72 will join and share their epic pics! :)

LOL, why didn't they just cite GRogall then?

Sometimes (often) he gets the scoops. Sometimes we get them at the same time. Sometimes I hear a little more than he discloses. Sometimes (gasp) I get the scoop on him (though I think he already knows - lol).

R-User!

LOL, why didn't they just cite GRogall then?

Sometimes (often) he gets the scoops. Sometimes we get them at the same time. Sometimes I hear a little more than he discloses. Sometimes (gasp) I get the scoop on him (though I think he already knows - lol).

Wow!... Sometimes I always like it when you post new exciting pics and rumors!

Large piece of the pie as far as why I enjoy this thread so much! :)

Edit: Can you name a few specific posts where you "scooped" him/her? (her; you never knoooooooow) or do you?

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Huge grain-of-salt rumor time again!

Ewok Village may be revealed tomorrow.

"... lots of figures..."

September 2013 release.

I am excited to see it, and at the same time dont want it to come out yet because I have other things I need.

Jimbro72

Are those for sure the US prices for these sets? I've seen them being listed on other forums at that price but under what some people thought were foreign rates and therefore thinking, due to exchange rates, that the US price for the Ewok set was going to be like $300-$330, or something odd like that. So just looking for some clarity there.

Are those for sure the US prices for these sets? I've seen them being listed on other forums at that price but under what some people thought were foreign rates and therefore thinking, due to exchange rates, that the US price for the Ewok set was going to be like $300-$330, or something odd like that. So just looking for some clarity there.

That's probably the right price for 10235. Last year's much larger cottage was more expensive and they had a ton of them left over after the season. Maybe they're scaling back the price in that line.

ghostmind

Opera House is an Advanced Model, not an Architecture set. The Brick Show mixed that up, and it seems to be spreading.

Those are the US prices, as I have heard them. Usually Euros and USD match up pretty close.

Jimbro72

Alright, thanks. That's what I was thinking but then saw the conflicting info and didn't know what to think as that could be a substantial difference in piece count based on those prices.

Top Bottom