• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

neonglow

Is today the last day for free shipping in the US on S@H? Contemplating pulling the trigger on Aviation Adventure and the CLS-89 Eradicator Mech.

I think it'll still be there tomorrow. Someone from Toys N Brick mentioned they got the new summer catalog and it was advertising free shipping with a $75+ purchase. I know tiggerkiddo has the new catalog too so s/he should be able to confirm it.

mrkgoo

I know most people prefer printing to stickers, but what about stickers vs no stickers?

I quite like some of the stickers. They can add a bit of needed detail. Completed bag-end set and the stickers are neat!

Stickers across multiple pieces should always be a no-no, however.

I think it'll still be there tomorrow. Someone from Toys N Brick mentioned they got the new summer catalog and it was advertising free shipping with a $75+ purchase. I know tiggerkiddo has the new catalog too so s/he should be able to confirm it.

Sweet, I can get Jor-El tomorrow instead of Ironman.

The Doop

Is that every day for eternity?

8rClpUw.jpg

Jimbro72

I know most people prefer printing to stickers, but what about stickers vs no stickers?

I quite like some of the stickers. They can add a bit of needed detail. Completed bag-end set and the stickers are neat!

I don't mind stickers but the fewer the better. I always apply mine as I build to display rather than eventually using all the pieces for MOC stuff. And the models always look better with than without in my opinion, so on they go.

Ponn

Banned
That image and this one confirm permanent free shipping with $75+ orders.

freeshipping.jpg

Hmm..Then I might be getting Black Gate from lego.com and get Jor-El. Then July get the hot dog cart with Orthanc, done and done. I will hold out till the last minute for another insane sale on HH at Amazon. I will just feel kind of jipped now if I pay over $140 for it.

Ponn

Banned
New lego lotr sets available at S@H. EXCEPT for the Black Gate, figures. Still showing Iron Man as the free figure.

Jimbro72

Do you know what the fine print has to say about the asterisk after the $75?

From a recent catalog, it says applies to online and catalog orders only. Free shipping is via standard ground service; upgrades do not apply. Free shipping orders may be subject to additional delivery times and is valid only in the contiguous United States. Also, the qualifying purchase must be equal to or greater than $75. Any applicable taxes, shipping charges or value of gift cards purchased do not count toward that total.

From a recent catalog, it says applies to online and catalog orders only. Free shipping is via standard ground service; upgrades do not apply. Free shipping orders may be subject to additional delivery times and is valid only in the contiguous United States.

Thanks. Good move LEGO. Lets see if it's permanent.

That's quite a nice small set. Much better than the other summer polybag.
Bicycle is good. Nice minifigs. The little wheels and the round plate for holding them are really nice parts to have too.

Wish it came with a $50 purchase. LEGO is pretty good at luring me in to buy more for their little giveaways.

If you plan on keeping models intact, stickers are a good thing. I never put on any stickers on. I may someday when I have a set that it makes a huge difference and I probably won't take apart. In the end, to each his/her own.

Jimbro72

I'd hope it would be. What is interesting, in looking at some of my older catalogs, the amount needed for free shipping use to be $99, so it's been lowered just since last year.

neonglow

I'd hope it would be. What is interesting, in looking at some of my older catalogs, the amount needed for free shipping use to be $99, so it's been lowered just since last year.

Last year, S@H was testing out different free shipping thresholds. For a couple months, several people got free shipping after spending $49 while others got it after spending $75.

Ainaurdur

I just always hear it in my head as The Emperor saying it. It makes it that much funnier.

That reminds me, I have not made a new Phoney Bone avatar in over a year. I have a few I cycled through for awhile, but I need inspiration for a new one.

How many do you have with him that are Lego themed?

Tuvoc

Game of Thrones(ASoIaF) fans! MiniBIGS finally released their first figures for the series!

31ZfoJSno5L.jpg

The only ones I'd care to get from this series are Jon Snow and Daenerys. But they're all nicely done!

Hmmm. LEGO S@H puts both Iron Man and Jor-El in my bag when I get over $75.

But they still don't have the sets I NEED available on there. No Titan. No Dolphin Cruiser.

Ainaurdur

Oh me... today was payday, so I just placed an order on Amazon.
- Bug Obliterator
- Vermin Vaporizer
- Warp Stinger

Shall see them on Tuesday!

Game of Thrones(ASoIaF) fans! MiniBIGS finally released their first figures for the series!

31ZfoJSno5L.jpg

The only ones I'd care to get from this series are Jon Snow and Daenerys. But they're all nicely done!

Too blonde! She would almost be better off with Saruman's white hair piece, as long as we ignore that the beard is attached to it...

Oh me... today was payday, so I just placed an order on Amazon.
- Bug Obliterator
- Vermin Vaporizer
- Warp Stinger

The Galaxy Squad love is strong. I hope you love Bug Obliterator as much as Ghostmind and I did. But my heart still belongs to Hive Crawler for the year so far.

EDIT: Between Hive Crawler and UCS X-Wing for me. I need to rebuild them both to confirm my stance. But those are the kings so far this year.

Ainaurdur

The Galaxy Squad love is strong. I hope you love Bug Obliterator as much as Ghostmind and I did. But my heart still belongs to Hive Crawler for the year so far.

I am just playing catchup, I look forward to Hive Crawler and Galactic Titan too! And there has to be a GS wave 3, Red Team still has not gotten a decent sized vehicle yet!

I think I might start an informal, yet not unbreakable, agreement with myself to wait until the sets I want are at least 20% off on Amazon instead of going for full price. Unless it is a Lego or TRU exclusive, in which case I would order from S@H.

I am just playing catchup, I look forward to Hive Crawler and Galactic Titan too! And there has to be a GS wave 3, Red Team still has not gotten a decent sized vehicle yet!

I think I might start an informal, yet not unbreakable, agreement with myself to wait until the sets I want are at least 20% off on Amazon instead of going for full price. Unless it is a Lego or TRU exclusive, in which case I would order from S@H.

The bugs really need a huge set. The GS got two big sets in the Bug Obliterator and the Galactic Titan (damn, I LOVE that name). The bugs have Hive Crawler, which is barely bigger than the Vermin Vaporizer in piece count, and Star Slicer (which was greatly disappointing, but I will admit looks cool when in the mix with all the other bugs).

The bugs need one grand set. Perhaps a giant, 2000+ piece hive or something. I know the red GS team needs a big set, but damn, the bugs need one more. Perhaps a huge bug hive and a nice sized red team vehicle for bug food?

ghostmind

oYJAubr.jpg

10236 Ewok™ Village

Ages 12+. 1,990 pieces.

Recreate classic scenes at the Ewok™ Village!

US $249.99 CA $299.99 DE 249.99€ UK 199.99 £ DK 2,099.00 DKK

Travel to Endor™ and visit the treetop home of the Ewoks. Just like in Star Wars™: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, this recreation of the Ewoks’ forest dwelling is packed with cool functions, including the tree-trunk hideout, secret Lightsaber stash, spider web, net traps, slide, catapults and an elevating throne. Use the rammer function to take out the Scout Trooper’s speeder − just like in the movie! Realistic details include rope walkways, vine and leaf elements, kitchen, food storage area, bedroom and a planning room. The Ewok Village set is the perfect addition to your LEGO® Star Wars collection. Includes R2-D2™and 16 minifigures with weapons: Luke Skywalker™, Princess Leia™, Han Solo™, Chewbacca™, C-3PO™, 2 Rebel soldiers, 5 Ewoks™ (including Wicket™, Teebo™, Chief Chirpa™ and Logray™), 2 Scout Troopers and 2 Stormtroopers™

• Includes R2-D2™ and 16 minifigures: Luke Skywalker™, Princess Leia™, Han Solo™, Chewbacca™, C-3PO™, 2 Rebel soldiers, 5 Ewoks™, 2 Scout™ Troopers™ and 2 Stormtroopers™
• Features tree-trunk hideout and secret Lightsaber stash, spider web and net traps, slide, catapults, elevating throne, speeder rammer function, kitchen, food storage area, bedroom and a planning room. Speeder also included.
• Weapons include a Lightsaber, 3 blaster pistols, 2 blasters, 2 blaster rifles, 2 spears, bow and a crossbow and also includes 2 staffs
• Collect hard-to-find Endor Princess Leia, C-3PO, Luke, Han Solo and Wicket Ewok minifigures
• Measures over 13″ (35cm) high, 21″ (55cm) wide and 13″ (35cm) deep

Designer Video with Marcos Bessa

dKu3RSu.jpg
ncmyu2l.jpg
y0PdArv.jpg

V9My10S.jpg

Ki6idh6.jpg

cYBffsx.jpg

Yub Nub!

k4xScR6.jpg

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
OMG!

Doesn't hit 2000 pieces, but lots of minifigures.

It's also funnier if you imagine the round bricks being launched as being toilet rolls.

ghostmind

Fewer pieces than I imagined, but what they did with the piece-count (and some of those are LARGE pieces) is amazing!

So many features!

Good thing I'm not a Star Wars fan, although RotJ is the one I like the most. Love the Luke and Leia figures. Cool that they went with a cloth skirt and not with a slope brick.

Even though the battle was never near the village, I'd want a AT-ST to complete the diorama though.

Fewer pieces than I imagined, but what they did with the piece-count (and some of those are LARGE pieces) is amazing!

So many features!

Looks amazing from the box. Will watch the video tonight!

Piece count is about what I thought. I don't have a single regular storm trooper or scout trooper in my collection so this is an insta-buy.

Top Bottom