• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Alright, thanks. That's what I was thinking but then saw the conflicting info and didn't know what to think as that could be a substantial difference in piece count based on those prices.

You need a profile pic. I suggest your LEGO Star Wars collection photo.

EDIT: I'm no longer a Junior Member?!? Whatever that means, cool.

Bone - another interesting take on Daleks. I think I like the last one more though.

ddIVixa.jpg

Taken from a Reddit thread.

R-User!

Boom!

I can't tell how well my project is doing. It has 1000 views and 75 supporters. People are noticing it at least.

Btw, grats on reaching member status! You must only post in here ;)

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 13,706
User Name Posts
PhoncipleBone 1,681
ghostmind 1,115
R-User! 602
Winnie the Pimp 582
Harry Potter 400
PalaceBrother 388
FliXFantatier 344
BentBricks 299
Calm Killer 260
neonglow 247
tiggerkiddo 237
mrklaw 232
Reluctant-Hero 231
wetwired 215
whatsinaname 214
fredrancour 205
Ironmask 188
antiquegamer 164
SiegfriedFM 164
ruxtpin 162
Tempy 144
Ponn01 128
The Omega Man 126
DrForester 120
Chuck 120
Bakkuma371 107
rallaren 106
Jables Swan 101

^_^

mrkgoo

I bought my wife unexpected gathering and we built it together. One if her first big sets. It's a cool set!

On top of that, today there is an exhibition of the largest private collection if lego in New Zealand, and hopefully we get to go.

LEGO stores and S@H tomorrow.

looks like amazon is selling them tomorrow too:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C9X59RU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

also waiting to grab the ultrabuild chima sets of the croc and wolf (sorry I dont know their names).

I've got a huge Bionicle collection and a few Hero Factory (really dont like most of hero factory), so nowadays I pick and choose what I get for ultrabuilds.

EDIT: did target clearance lego sets today for anybody?

I have yet to see any of my Target stores clearance Lego...lol. You guys are all pretty fortunate.

Darn tomorrow is when some of this stuff drops...ugggggh between that new Animal Crossing 3DS and this, I'll be spending a bit here soon.

Dazzler

Hello LegoGaf!

Long time lurker, just got posting privileges... Have loved browsing all of your pickups and MOCs over the last few months..

Guy with the Lego Star Wars room blew my mind. I started collecting in January, so far my collection is pathetically paltry, but I'm working on it!

Most recent pick up was An Unexpected Gathering. The moment the roof went on was immensely satisfying!

neonglow

Hello LegoGaf!

Long time lurker, just got posting privileges... Have loved browsing all of your pickups and MOCs over the last few months..

Guy with the Lego Star Wars room blew my mind. I started collecting in January, so far my collection is pathetically paltry, but I'm working on it!

Most recent pick up was An Unexpected Gathering. The moment the roof went on was immensely satisfying!

Welcome aboard! Post some pictures of collection or prized sets.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Hello LegoGaf!

Welcome aboard good sir or ma'am. Glad to have more in the group.

ghostmind

:'<

Edit: Oops.... Fire the Emergency Booster engines!!

IOW: Grain's of salt getting smaller = rumor becoming more true, right?... :/

That's right. There has been more confirmation that this is happening.

Apparently the set weighs 2kg... anyone want to figure out what that means in average pieces?

More rumors: "... the piece count it is way over 2000..."; amount of minifigures "... is over 9516 but less than 10188..."

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

Apparently the set weighs 2kg... anyone want to figure out what that means in average pieces?

Well that's 4.4 lbs. I think my b-wing shipment was 10 lbs, but it had other items with it....

A 2x4 brick weights 1.64 grams. 4.4 lbs = 1997 grams. So 1997/1.64= 1217.

Jimbro72

I am terrified at what you would consider a monster order...

Well, now that it's (finally) been placed and paid for, this is what should be showing up sometime late next week:

Haunted House
Winter Village Cottage
Barc Speeder
Pet Shop
Sopwith Camel
Horizon Express
City Mine
Constitution Train Chase
Silver Mine Shootout

Please keep in mind that I got an amazing deal on these, so I didn't pay anywhere close to retail and that is also why I went a little crazy to take advantage of this deal afforded to me today.

ghostmind

Well that's 4.4 lbs. I think my b-wing shipment was 10 lbs, but it had other items with it....

A 2x4 brick weights 1.64 grams. 4.4 lbs = 1997 grams. So 1997/1.64= 1217.

Haunted House is 6.3lbs, but that includes the box and instructions.

I don't think going by weight is going to work out well.

Jimbro72

More rumors: "... the piece count it is way over 2000..."; amount of minifigures "... is over 9516 but less than 10188..."

Given the price is $250, I would sure hope the piece count is way over 2000.

Dazzler

Would $200 be considered a good price for the 2006 non-UCS Imperial Star Destroyer BNIB?

Some guy in Vancouver had it up on CL earlier and I immediately nibbled. No response as of yet, though

ghostmind

Well, now that it's (finally) been placed and paid for, this is what should be showing up sometime late next week:

Haunted House
Winter Village Cottage
Barc Speeder
Pet Shop
Sopwith Camel
Horizon Express
City Mine
Constitution Train Chase
Silver Mine Shootout

Please keep in mind that I got an amazing deal on these, so I didn't pay anywhere close to retail and that is also why I went a little crazy to take advantage of this deal afforded to me today.

Haunted House is god-tier.
Pet Shop is one of the best modulars, if not the best.
Silver Mine Shootout is one of my top 3 of 2013 so far.
etc etc

That is one great haul!

Jimbro72

Haunted House is god-tier.
Pet Shop is one of the best modulars, if not the best.
Silver Mine Shootout is one of my top 3 of 2013 so far.
etc etc

That is one great haul!

Thanks. Haunted House and Pet Shop are easily the two I'm most looking forward to building.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Jumped on a misprice of 79007 Battle at the Black Gate for €42,95 (€79,99 at S@H). Hopefully it won't get cancelled.

R-User!

My prediction is 2611 pieces for 249.99... :)

Top Bottom