• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

AWESOME

edit: just wanted to say that the ending to Jedi is amazing. I don't care what anyone says!

Chuck knows what's up! The pre-remastered ending of Jedi is the best.

Aside from the figs, the overall design of the set was a bit disappointing until I watched the designer video. Totally sold now.

ghostmind

Chuck knows what's up! The pre-remastered ending of Jedi is the best.

Aside from the figs, the overall design of the set was a bit disappointing until I watched the designer video. Totally sold now.

5MBiSAL.jpg

I don't like the X Wing like that. Just looks thrown in there because that was the only space they had. If it were a slightly different angle and if the wings were open I would love it.

I don't like the X Wing like that. Just looks thrown in there because that was the only space they had. If it were a slightly different angle and if the wings were open I would love it.

Ya it would look better if the wings were open but this is perfect for the narrow shelving in my cat/LEGO room.

Jimbro72

Got my Lego catalog in the mail today with a 10% off coupon included. I don't see myself making any large item purchase there in the next month so if any one would like it, it's up for grabs.

Matt

Got my Lego catalog in the mail today with a 10% off coupon included. I don't see myself making any large item purchase there in the next month so if any one would like it, it's up for grabs.

I'll take it, but maybe one of the veterans deserves it more.

neonglow

This looks like a set I'll be waiting for a 25-30% off sale. That's probably close to next year's May the 4th event before it happens.

People are saying this looks like the LEGO version of the Kenner Ewok Village. It's like LEGO took the Kenner model and added another tree, bridge and tons of foliage.

trilogo-ewokvillage.jpg

ewok%2Bvillage.jpg
ewok_vil_loose.jpg

Anyone else with a coupon they want to part with, let me know. Orthanc is calling

Edit: I remember getting that Kenner set for Christmas in 83. Good times.

Ponn

Banned
Finally pulled the trigger on my first Lego S@H order.

Order Total

Item Description Quantity Unit Price Total Price
The Orc Forge 1 $39.99 $39.99
LEGO® Pick A Brick 1 $1.00 $1.00
LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes The Hulk™ Key Chain 1 $4.99 $4.99
The Council of Elrond 1 $29.99 $29.99
LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes Iron Man™ Drone 1 FREE FREE
LEGO® DC Universe Super Heroes Jor-El 1 FREE FREE

It could have been the double free polybags that pushed me over to impulse buy.

So, time to share soemething. And forgive any typos as I am stuck using my phone for all Internet for a bit.

About 10:30am this morning I heard a loud bang outside my window. I live on the second floor and I went over to the window and see there is a car against the building. Someone drove their car over the curb and hit the apartment beneath us. No one was harmed thankfully.
But, once the fire marshal and building inspector came, they discovered that the main support of that wall was broken by the car. The apartment below and mine were deemed unsafe, so my wife and I had to pack stuff up (including two cats) and move into a hotel for the next few days until they can repair the wall. And we even had to beg the in laws for money for the hotel until insurance reimburses us.
So, sitting here in a crummy hotel with sub 56k wifi, and two pissed off and scared cats with my wife. Fun times. Honestly never been happier to go to work and take my mind off stuff.

But, there is a LEGO story in this. When the first fireman came up, as he was leaving he saw the display shelf with all my modulars near the door. He immediately saw Fire Brigade and said how much he loved it. Of course my wife and I had to show him the interior, and he had to take pics to tell the other firefighters.
Later when they came back to tell us to evacuate, a few other firemen were with him and they wanted to see Fire Brigade. I feel the local firehouse will soon have Fire Brigade on display in their office soon. :)

ghostmind

So, time to share soemething. And forgive any typos as I am stuck using my phone for all Internet for a bit.

About 10:30am this morning I heard a loud bang outside my window. I live on the second floor and I went over to the window and see there is a car against the building. Someone drove their car over the curb and hit the apartment beneath us. No one was harmed thankfully.
But, once the fire marshal and building inspector came, they discovered that the main support of that wall was broken by the car. The apartment below and mine were deemed unsafe, so my wife and I had to pack stuff up (including two cats) and move into a hotel for the next few days until they can repair the wall. And we even had to beg the in laws for money for the hotel until insurance reimburses us.
So, sitting here in a crummy hotel with sub 56k wifi, and two pissed off and scared cats with my wife. Fun times. Honestly never been happier to go to work and take my mind off stuff.

But, there is a LEGO story in this. When the first fireman came up, as he was leaving he saw the display shelf with all my modulars near the door. He immediately saw Fire Brigade and said how much he loved it. Of course my wife and I had to show him the interior, and he had to take pics to tell the other firefighters.
Later when they came back to tell us to evacuate, a few other firemen were with him and they wanted to see Fire Brigade. I feel the local firehouse will soon have Fire Brigade on display in their office soon. :)

Dude, sorry to hear that happened to you (and your family). Hopefully everything gets repaired and settled ASAP and you get to go home soon.

Love the story about the Fire Brigade though - its amazing the impact that those little bricks can have sometimes.

mrkgoo

Ugh. Slept in. Anyway cheers, Sounds like it's a no-fly zone, not that keen on lines today.

Lovely day out there though. Maybe tomorrow will be a bit less hectic there.

Yah. It was worth the $2. But worth the hour long wait? I dunno. The toyco sale of 20% off didn't seem worthy, although they do have super star destroyer and possibly b-wing for sale. That said toyworld has 20% off lego this weekend anyway.

They have a crap ton of lego at the show though. Star Wars was not super well represented. No LotR stuff. Mostly city, trains and modular. Neat to see it all set up.

Have some old legacy space models through the years including blacktron, m-tron, ice police etc.

And lots of technic and vehicles.

I'll post some pictures if I get around to uploading them (I don't have a computer, only a phone at the moment!).

mrkgoo

Wow. Well, hopefully everything is ok with you.

Ainaurdur

Hope they work on it quickly. That sucks!

neonglow

Sorry to hear that but I'm glad your family was not injured from the accident.

Cute cat, glad no one was hurt.

Was the person in the car drunk?
Nope. Just old. Well, I would guess 60-70. I felt really bad for her though when I ran downstairs to make sure everyone was ok while the guy in the lower apt called 911.

And damage looks ok outside, but cracked the support beam inside and the interior wall of other apt.

neonglow

Good thing I don't care for Ewok Village too much, I'm already struggling to figure out how to go about buying all the big sets I do want to get (like Pet Shop, Town Hall, Palace Cinema, Orthanc, Death Star, SSD, UCS X-Wing, R2-D2...)

Seeing it has made me look at Death Star some more, and as some suspect I worry that Ewok Village may finally be the replacement for it in terms of "large Star Wars playset with tons of minifigs" and that Death Star may finally be due for retirement. This has bumped it up in priority in my mind some, but $400 is really too much for me to spend all at once now.

I've been looking at Amazon and see that I could get 6 month financing with their credit card, putting the monthly cost at just around $66.67 for six months. Anyone have experience in Amazon's financing? It sounds like a promising option, putting the Death Star (and perhaps later the SSD, I just do not know how I would possibly display it) within my budget.

I don't think you need to be in a hurry for the Death Star despite it's old age. It's still a good seller. There's 2 other UCS that are poorer sellers that should be going out of print first.

The B-wing was a really poor seller supported by the fact that it had a 50% off sale recently. I think production on this model has already ceased and whatever is left is all that remains.

The SSD is also another poor seller so it should go out of print next after the B-wing if LEGO decides to stop production on another UCS set.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Does the lego S@H let you double dip on free minifigs in a single order?
$50 - free Ironman
$75 - free Jor-El

Could I get both with a single $80 order?

neonglow

Does the lego S@H let you double dip on free minifigs in a single order?
$50 - free Ironman
$75 - free Jor-El

Could I get both with a single $80 order?

That seems to be the case right now. Both appeared in my cart and still appeared when I got my email confirmation.

Nope, it was Tigard, Oregon. The employee that I asked about it thought that it was a piece that Lego just recently made available for the PAB wall, so if your store doesn't have it, you could always ask them to order it. If anyone else comes across them, I recommend taking the time to stack the leaves. Because of the awkward shape, it makes a huge difference in the number of pieces you can fit in one cup.

Here's everything I was able to fit into 2 cups:

2pnaIuWl.jpg

207 leaves
78 red flowers
139 white flowers
185 1x4 brown tiles
72 2x2 gray tiles
222 red gems
130 1x2 lime tiles
73 purple cones
75 1x2 tan plates
45 1x1 gray bricks with handle
13 red 2x4 slope bricks
3 red 2x8 plates
39 1x2 dark red bricks
29 2x2 light blue bricks

Nice! I hope they make their way to my local LEGO store. 2x2 bley tiles! 1x2 dark red bricks! leaves!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
That seems to be the case right now. Both appeared in my cart and still appeared when I got my email confirmation.

That's pretty sweet. You may have lucked out. I'm not even seeing the Ironman deal on the site right now. Did you happen to order last night? Maybe got the May and June deal due to it being the 31st.

neonglow

That's pretty sweet. You may have lucked out. I'm not even seeing the Ironman deal on the site right now. Did you happen to order last night? Maybe got the May and June deal due to it being the 31st.

I ordered around 11PM last night. It was still working today up until a few hours ago. I think LEGO finally took down the Iron-Man deal when they put up their new promo page for Jor-El.

wetwired

I had an hour or 2 spare today with my daughter so I pulled the haunted house and the pet shop side of the pet store set. I made the haunted house sand blue and the pet store is now sand green.

I don't know if I will get a catalog since I recently became VIP, and I don't know if they work in other regions. But I could certainly use one - I just don't know if I will be able to order Orthanc in June or July.

rallaren

I found some other insane MOCs. These are atleast 3 years old - might have been posted way back in the thread. This guy is famous for this, right?
4572309152_59eb166ddb_b.jpg

Crawler town roams the barren wastes of a post steam-punk world after cataclysmic climate change do to excessive coal use. Several such cities exist but Crawler town is the most popular due to the Aero 500 hydrogen fuel cell Air races that are held. Many people travel the wastes to Crawler town for vacation and to enjoy rare luxuries like Pizza, fresh vegetables and Beer. Travelling the wastes in search of minerals and aquifers ( vital for survival) the mobility of the city keeps it away from the vicious sand storms of the wastes

Details about the MOC - I really enjoyed building this one! Its started out as going to be a steam-punk land dreadnought/battleship but evolved into a roaming city where self sustainability and Eco efficiency became the theme. I ended up calling it "Eco-punk" due to its Steamy inspired roots. Several playable features include functional powered treads for movement , full suspension and front and rear steering. Working crane, hanger slides for planes and lift from upper and lowers levels.

ruxtpin

Banned
I'm wondering if Lego will be rolling out a bunch of Endor themed sets along with the Ewok village over the next year. They did a staggered release for a bunch of RotJ Jabba stuff (rancor pit, palace, skiff and his sail barge [soon]). Hoping they do the same for some Endor stuff and Hoth as well. I need another chance to get an AT-ST and AT-AT.

Passed through Westfield again and picked up a few sets. Got 3 freebies too. Looking forward to the Mando Speeder but will probably have to leave that till tomorrow.

0F3mWET.jpg

Not shown two rushed PAB's with not a trace of stacking but still got a good amount of pieces I think. I wish my local PAB's had 2x2 light bleh tiles...... Looks like I will hit BL for a bog order.

Kitty does not like hotel.

Wow, I sorry about all your trouble. I am glad you and mrs. and kitties are OK. I am sure they hate being in strange place, our cat doesn't like when we move furniture around let alone get move to new setting.

I snagged one of those coupons. Gonna get Ghost Train with it this next weekend. Gotta complete Monster Fighters.

I am B&N member I never seems to get any coupon since the first one. Should I be worry?

Top Bottom