• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Soon for the Crater Creeper. Soon. Kinda holding off on that because I can easily sneak that in. Can't sneak the Titan either. Lol.

I am glad to see some others get in on the Galaxy Squad love here. The fact that Europe has them now helps. Which sets from it have you gotten so far?

Let's see...

- Swarm Interceptor
- Space Swarmer
- Bug Obliterator

Those were all Christmas gifts from my wife this past December.

- Mini Mech polybag
- Space Insectood polybag

Picked those up for myself around Easter, and a few extra for my nephews.

- Vermin Vaporizer

Built that last month, love how it looks when combined. And then the Crater Creeper rounds ups my GS sets.

Let's see...

- Swarm Interceptor
- Space Swarmer
- Bug Obliterator

Those were all Christmas gifts from my wife this past December.

- Mini Mech polybag
- Space Insectood polybag

Picked those up for myself around Easter, and a few extra for my nephews.

- Vermin Vaporizer

Built that last month, love how it looks when combined. And then the Crater Creeper rounds ups my GS sets.
I missed the mini mech poly bag. :( I guess no 100% completion for me. But you have Bug Obliterator. All is well.

But if my, and Ghostmind's, gushing didn't do it, get Hive Crawler. Just crazy kinds of awesome. I can't decide if it is an A or an A+ set for me. A rebuild is in order to determine it, but it is one of those rare sets that combines a very cool and unique build with awesome playability. The best of both worlds. Which few sets truly provide.

I missed the mini mech poly bag. :( I guess no 100% completion for me. But you have Bug Obliterator. All is well.

But if my, and Ghostmind's, gushing didn't do it, get Hive Crawler. Just crazy kinds of awesome. I can't decide if it is an A or an A+ set for me. A rebuild is in order to determine it, but it is one of those rare sets that combines a very cool and unique build with awesome playability. The best of both worlds. Which few sets truly provide.

If I see a Mini Mech, I'll snag it for you.

Yeah, Hive Crawler, CLS-89 Eradicator and the Titan will all be purchased. Doubt I'll pick up the Warp Stinger or Star Slicer.

Edit: Or just order the Mini Mech dirct from Amazon's Warehouse!

Warp Stinger is pretty cool. Star Slicer I would get only if you are wanting a complete collection. Although, once I lined it up with all the other bugs it did look cooler in the crowd.

Gamma Gang wants you!

bdRJwpa.jpg

Bought 2 Hulk keychains and recruited them for the Gamma Gang. Print for keychain torso is in black. The Hulk polybag giveaway from last year is in a dark green. NOTE: Torsos on keychains are "glued" together so no swapping legs. The quality of the Hulk is really poor from the polybag giveaway. I hardly use it and one of the arms is very loose now. I think I popped it off once to swap around, but I've done that to other minifigs without loosening the arms.

I also noticed the head spots print for the A-Wing Admiral Ackbar is much darker than the older Admiral Ackbar unless the one I bought faded evenly (which I highly doubt). Anyone else have the two different Ackbars to compare?

krispyk

UK Gaf, I've just noticed that Lego sets are included in Tesco's clubcard voucher exchange programme so for every £5 worth of vouchers you exchange, you get £10 off your purchase. Their prices look comparable to Amazons so hopefully, someone will get a bargain or two!

Jimbro72

I also noticed the head spots print for the A-Wing Admiral Ackbar is much darker than the older Admiral Ackbar unless the one I bought faded evenly (which I highly doubt). Anyone else have the two different Ackbars to compare?

I looked at mine and the new Ackbar's spots are noticeably darker on mine, too.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Someone got their hands on an Iron Patriot minifigure. Here he is with his mask flipped up:

8455812885_1c9052eb8b_z.jpg

How many different figures are there now counting all of the Iron Man suits, War Machine and Patriot?

Right on. That money will buy some nice sets in the upcoming months.

Certainly. Overall everyone is happy, it's money that probably the other guy would have spent on Lego anyway, he gets a unique collectible and I get a bunch of stuff I wanted but couldn't really justify. It somehow makes sense to budget it for Lego...

I'm actually hoping I don't get anymore bids. The current winner is from the UK and has some feedback. It feels much safer to me than someone with zero seller or buyer feedback.

Orthanc I was getting anyway, but with the way this is going I'm probably gonna spoil myself with another Modular and a bunch more LotR sets.

Coincidentally, the local Game stores are buying up retro game collections now, so I just sold about 70 games for around $600 too, so there's some more spending cash.

Certainly. Overall everyone is happy, it's money that probably the other guy would have spent on Lego anyway, he gets a unique collectible and I get a bunch of stuff I wanted but couldn't really justify. It somehow makes sense to budget it for Lego...

I'm actually hoping I don't get anymore bids. The current winner is from the UK and has some feedback. It feels much safer to me than someone with zero seller or buyer feedback.
You should go in your setting and limit who can bid. I had high price toys I put up on auction and there were so many bad bidders or some just bid to jerk you around and you can't do anything about them once auction ended.

Called the LEGO store today asking if they had the Titan. The guy working said it was delayed for some unknown reason, and they have no idea when it will release.

Speculation ideas: Model instability, much like the tweak to Shuttle Expedition? Sticker issues? Instructions misprint? Rubber treads defective?

rallaren

Called the LEGO store today asking if they had the Titan. The guy working said it was delayed for some unknown reason, and they have no idea when it will release.

Speculation ideas: Model instability, much like the tweak to Shuttle Expedition? Sticker issues? Instructions misprint? Rubber treads defective?
Hmm, interesting.

About GS: You think they'll make more? Currently "Red Team" doesn't have a big set. Maybe they can get a building or something like that. Their expertise is speed apparently.

Edit: Someone on eurobricks say they contacted Lego and they said there will be more.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Yeah, You open Quinjet yet?

Dat Mark 7!

Looks like your shipment is at the post office. It didn't arrive on time to go out on the truck for delivery today. Yesterday it said it would be delivered today and now it has tomorrows date.

You should go in your setting and limit who can bid. I had high price toys I put up on auction and there were so many bad bidders or some just bid to jerk you around and you can't do anything about them once auction ended.

You can only block those with -1 or worse feedback, and since you don't get feedback as a buyer anymore, you never know.

Really? I had no idea they'd changed that.

Any word out there yet on how a Canadian could acquire Iron Patriot?

I hope are able to get them over there. After seeing that they have the keychain for the Hulk minifig, I'm hopeful they will have the keychain for Iron Patriot next year too for those that are not able to get the polybag version. Will suck though because it will have a hole.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
UK summer catalogue hit today too - no 10% for me (was there any for the UK this time?) but there was a coupon for a 'Free Chima Item'. Any idea what that is?

As UK also now has Galaxy Squad, our catalogue had the titan too - listed it as a July 1st launch.

No Lone Ranger products in the catalogue - are these coming to the UK at all?

This is a great little set with lots of nice pieces. Nice small display and surprisingly packed with 2 nice play features. Saruman minifig and the Eye of Sauron is great.

79005-1: The Wizard Battle
Chicken suit minifig looks much better on the throne. Just grabbed the nearest one when I took the photo.

ghostmind

New Friends sets drop in July right? Just trying to figure out what to buy in July to get the free hot dog cart.

I think July will see the new Friends sets, the new Chima Sets (GorillaMech), the rest of the City sets, and Star Wars.

Oh, and Orthanc for those that don't get it earlier through the VIP promo.

And of course, the Titan, if it hasn't come out by then.

July could easily hit a grand for me.

PM me and I will send you mini-mech goodness. Are you back in your home?

lingiii

Banned
I think July will see the new Friends sets, the new Chima Sets (GorillaMech), the rest of the City sets, and Star Wars.

I don't have a single other Chima set but fuck yes to that GorillaMech. He can do battle with my Baxter mech and Galaxy Squad Eradicator Mech.

Do we have any indication on that Old Republic Jedi Defender set yet? I thought it was supposed to be summer?

You can only block those with -1 or worse feedback, and since you don't get feedback as a buyer anymore, you never know.
That's one of many reason I hardly sell on eBay. I wasted a month trying to sell one item. When they let any one just make an account. I think there are other restrictions you can also put on, but I am pretty sour by the whole thing. You can't leave feedback on bad bidder, you can't cancel bid after auction end among other things.

ghostmind

I don't have a single other Chima set but fuck yes to that GorillaMech. He can do battle with my Baxter mech and Galaxy Squad Eradicator Mech.

Do we have any indication on that Old Republic Jedi Defender set yet? I thought it was supposed to be summer?

It'll pop up sometime this summer, either at the same time as the rest of the SW sets, or in August. I'm thinking it is a TRU-exclusive.

Jimbro72

It'll pop up sometime this summer, either at the same time as the rest of the SW sets, or in August. I'm thinking it is a TRU-exclusive.

Well, looks like that is one set I'll for sure be buying direct from the Lego store by me.

Nice. I could probably spend that much, too, but may have to spread it out a lot more so my wife doesn't wonder if I've lost my mind after last week's splurge.

So do you buy and collect the city theme, too? I don't see that theme get a lot of mention in here so wondering if that is one of the less popular themes amongst the group here.

Hoping the Titan is out by mid month so I can snag that and Orthanc at the same time.

PM me and I will send you mini-mech goodness. Are you back in your home?
Back home as of Tuesday morning. And will send you a PM

Just spoke with my local (i.e. one hour north) LEGO store in Santa Clara, CA and the two their thinks it will be released in July. Hmm...

Well I wasn't planning to go up the store until July 5th anyways. Hopefully the Titan will out by then.

Ainaurdur

Hmm, interesting.

About GS: You think they'll make more? Currently "Red Team" doesn't have a big set. Maybe they can get a building or something like that. Their expertise is speed apparently.

Edit: Someone on eurobricks say they contacted Lego and they said there will be more.

I laughed at myself for not noticing sooner that they had team emblems. As I was building Warp Stinger and got to the first page asking for a sticker and realized they had the wing icon and thought to myself, oh that's nice. Then went on building. (Did not apply any of the stickers.) Wasn't until last night when I got home and opened the box that arrived with Bug Obliterator and Vermin Vaporizer that I noticed the four emblems are displayed on the left side of the boxes, with the appropriate one highlighted in the proper color.
My guesses for each team were:
  • Orange : Power
  • Green : Defense
  • Red : Speed/Agility
  • Blue : Accuracy/Tactical/Sniping

So do you buy and collect the city theme, too? I don't see that theme get a lot of mention in here so wondering if that is one of the less popular themes amongst the group here.
I would love to get some of the City sets, I always enjoyed picking up the odd set here and there. The problem now is that there are so many other themes that I want to be sure that I can get first, I end up not being able to afford getting any City sets. Have to prioritize somehow, and let some sets fall through the cracks.

I laughed at myself for not noticing sooner that they had team emblems. As I was building Warp Stinger and got to the first page asking for a sticker and realized they had the wing icon and thought to myself, oh that's nice. Then went on building. (Did not apply any of the stickers.) Wasn't until last night when I got home and opened the box that arrived with Bug Obliterator and Vermin Vaporizer that I noticed the four emblems are displayed on the left side of the boxes, with the appropriate one highlighted in the proper color.
My guesses for each team were:
  • Orange : Power
  • Green : Defense
  • Red : Speed/Agility
  • Blue : Accuracy/Tactical/Sniping

Orange: Command
Green: Medical or science
Red: Engineering/Security/Expendable
Blue: Medical or Science

I like thinking of it in Star Trek terms. At least for the red shirts. They are just there to die.

Top Bottom