• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Ainaurdur

Orange: Command
Green: Medical or science
Red: Engineering/Security/Expendable
Blue: Medical or Science

I like thinking of it in Star Trek terms. At least for the red shirts. They are just there to die.

Then I will consider the Red robot in the Warp Stinger set who wields the dual laser daggers to be Worf, cause he will not be dying anytime soon. ;)

They almost could be attached to each other with 2-3 more pieces and look similar to a batleth... I might have to try this!

Jimbro72

I would love to get some of the City sets, I always enjoyed picking up the odd set here and there. The problem now is that there are so many other themes that I want to be sure that I can get first, I end up not being able to afford getting any City sets. Have to prioritize somehow, and let some sets fall through the cracks.

Yep, too many good themes, not enough space or money. I'm passing on the much beloved Galaxy Squad theme for that very reason, though between the pics and reviews that get posted here, even that is becoming hard to do. Not sure how or if I'm going to resist when the Titan gets released.

Hoping the Titan is out by mid month so I can snag that and Orthanc at the same time.

Back home as of Tuesday morning. And will send you a PM

I will try to mail it out soon, however I am working this week (night shift) so might be later in the week.

nNrSN6cl.jpg

I think it's one of the best vehicle I build. I just got the mech so probably will build that this weekend.

QGn5Jmol.jpg

I removed the top pin in the gray technic pieces in the center of the ship (I think that piece is just there for decoration and add stability. By removing the pins you can pivot the gray piece down and swing it back to the rear part of the ship and this help keeping the cockpit from spinning. The added benefit of doing this is you can pivot it back and "activate" gyro ability without having to secure it with brick piece. The Swarm Interceptor is perfect gateway drug to Galaxy Squad.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Just got my iron man poly that they shipped me because I didn't get one in store. They sent me a chima set with it as well. They really must be trying to unload these things.

I will try to mail it out soon, however I am working this week (night shift) so might be later in the week.

nNrSN6cl.jpg

I think it's one of the best vehicle I build. I just got the mech so probably will build that this weekend.

QGn5Jmol.jpg

I removed the top pin in the gray technic pieces in the center of the ship (I think that piece is just there for decoration and add stability. By removing the pins you can pivot the gray piece down and swing it back to the rear part of the ship and this help keeping the cockpit from spinning. The added benefit of doing this is you can pivot it back and "activate" gyro ability without having to secure it with brick piece. The Swarm Interceptor is perfect gateway drug to Galaxy Squad.

It appears that your Galaxy Squad ships need some swarms of bugs to intercept and obliterate.

Ainaurdur

I have decided that I will have to get the Star Slicer afterall. Not only to be able to eventually complete the theme, but also because I must have the red Buggoid. I think I like him better than the green one.

R-User!

Just got my iron man poly that they shipped me because I didn't get one in store. They sent me a chima set with it as well. They really must be trying to unload these things.

My Cups have arrived!!! Thanks again. I hope you enjoy Quinjet and Dat Black Widow! She's only in that set you know! :) afaik

ftVg1o4l.jpg

Here is my minor mod of Swarm Interceptor so the cockpit can be in "locked" mode. Swing the grey pieces back to their original position or level with the ship and the cockpit can again spin freely.

oiFcxjQl.jpg

"We heard you guys are hiring, we got lay-off from the recent conglomerated merger and acquisition and could use some works. We have experience in killing flying Geonosian bugs and already dress for the job"

neonglow

I wonder if I should just order a polybag and see if I get a Chima set. It'd still be cheaper even if you include shipping.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
This is a great little set with lots of nice pieces. Nice small display and surprisingly packed with 2 nice play features. Saruman minifig and the Eye of Mordor is great.

79005-1: The Wizard Battle

Chicken suit minifig looks much better on the throne. Just grabbed the nearest one when I took the photo.

Built this one yesterday as well. Pretty neat. Still need to figure out a display solution. Too many unbuilt sets because I have no place to display them :/

Friends sets have appeared on the European Amazons. Town Square and the rest of the City sets as well, along with Lord of the Rings, Lone Ranger. I also see some smaller Chima sets like the Skunk one, but no Gorilla Mech yet.

So tempted to choose between Dolphin Cruiser, High School, Town Square and the LOTR ship as my next purchase.

Built this one yesterday as well. Pretty neat. Still need to figure out a display solution. Too many unbuilt sets because I have no place to display them :/

My new solution is rotating them out. I dismantle some of the set and put them away and this also could be fun rebuild later.

ghostmind

Nice. I could probably spend that much, too, but may have to spread it out a lot more so my wife doesn't wonder if I've lost my mind after last week's splurge.

So do you buy and collect the city theme, too? I don't see that theme get a lot of mention in here so wondering if that is one of the less popular themes amongst the group here.

I pick up the odd City set here and there - something with a bit of character, like the Museum Break-in, or something that fits in well with a display I am setting up.

I wish I could get them all and build a big permanent city, but space and time are limited. Some themes i just have to let go of. Those airport-related sets keep tempting me though....

I still need train tracks and power functions. But that would probably be what makes my wife kill me. Perhaps when we get a house next year or two.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
My Cups have arrived!!! Thanks again. I hope you enjoy Quinjet and Dat Black Widow! She's only in that set you know! :) afaik

Outstanding! Is the piece selection to your liking? I hope I got you what you wanted and needed.

R-User!

Yep, too many good themes, not enough space or money. I'm passing on the much beloved Galaxy Squad theme for that very reason, though between the pics and reviews that get posted here, even that is becoming hard to do. Not sure how or if I'm going to resist when the Titan gets released.

This thread will be the end of you!

Give into temptation. You know you want to. Think of the Galaxy Squad as the law enforcement on the outskirts of the galaxy in The New Republic.

neonglow

Friends sets have appeared on the European Amazons. Town Square and the rest of the City sets as well, along with Lord of the Rings, Lone Ranger. I also see some smaller Chima sets like the Skunk one, but no Gorilla Mech yet.

So tempted to choose between Dolphin Cruiser, High School, Town Square and the LOTR ship as my next purchase.

I hope that town square isn't a store exclusive in the US. With it appearing on Amazon, it looks less likely now.

R-User!

Give into temptation. You know you want to. Think of the Galaxy Squad as the law enforcement on the outskirts of the galaxy in The New Republic.

Flash forward to March 2015.......

ghostmind leaks a ST New Republic Millenium Falcon X two months before Episode 7 releases!!!!!....

Me: arghhffhshz!jdinsjkftkNewRepublicMilleniumFalconX!!!!!!!!1

Flash forward to March 2015.......

ghostmind leaks a ST New Republic Millenium Falcon X two months before Episode 7 releases!!!!!....

Me: arghhffhshz!jdinsjkftkNewRepublicMilleniumFalconX!!!!!!!!1

This reminds me, my local TRU has a box damaged Falcon for $150. I really want that ship to complete my OT ships from the 2011/2012 series but it just doesn't speak to me. It's also on sale at the same store (undamaged for $159).

I know I'll regret not getting it but it's hard to pull the trigger.

I'm also thinking I'll scoop up a few of the low price point sets at the LEGO store tomorrow to get the Superman fig. Things like that LOTR Wizard Battle, Captain America, Artic Batman business etc. I don't have any interest in the sets, but I like the figs.

The one I really want is the Daily Bugle, but again....just for the figs. $59 seems like a lot.

Jimbro72

I pick up the odd City set here and there - something with a bit of character, like the Museum Break-in, or something that fits in well with a display I am setting up.

I wish I could get them all and build a big permanent city, but space and time are limited. Some themes i just have to let go of. Those airport-related sets keep tempting me though....

I also have visions of a big city layout though I'm pretty sure that will never be a reality. And yet, I still want to get most of the sets that come out. You know, just in case...

This thread will be the end of you!

I think it already has from months of lurking. I only bought SW sets solely until late Jan and now it has spread far beyond that. I blame this thread and Amazon having Fire Brigade at $119 for like a month as the things to push me over. Been downhill ever since.

Not helping!!! ;)

Woohoo, Arkham Asylum showed up today. It's going in my backlog, but I might bust it open to fish out the minifigs.

So I heard back from LEGO concerning my 10% off coupon.

Dear Jonathan,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Typically, we send out 10% off coupons in the catalogs of people who live close to our LEGO® Brand Retail stores. The coupons are only good for the store; they are not valid on Shop at Home orders.

You live in California, and we have 10 stores in your state so if I send you a catalog, there should be a coupon in there. I will go ahead and have one sent right out for you. Please allow 3-8 business days for delivery.

So, no real definitive answer if I'll get one or not. Here's hoping.

Woohoo, Arkham Asylum showed up today. It's going in my backlog, but I might bust it open to fish out the minifigs.

So I heard back from LEGO concerning my 10% off coupon.

So, no real definitive answer if I'll get one or not. Here's hoping.

Let me know ASAP before I use the other coupon I have. It is burning a hole in my pocket.

Also, just FYI, your giftcard that was payment for The Burrow helped pay for Swarm Interceptor. Thank you. The rest of it will go to Ghost Train this weekend.

Let me know ASAP before I use the other coupon I have. It is burning a hole in my pocket.

Also, just FYI, your giftcard that was payment for The Burrow helped pay for Swarm Interceptor. Thank you. The rest of it will go to Ghost Train this weekend.

Go ahead and use it, I'm gonna raise hell on LEGO if they don't send me one :) Thanks for the offer though, really appreciate it.

Nice! Looking forward to pictures of Ghost Train. Btw that got me thinking, how was the PAB cup? That was the first one I ever did, not sure how well my strategy worked. Several times at the wall I thought, 'I have no idea what I'm doing'.

Go ahead and use it, I'm gonna raise hell on LEGO if they don't send me one :) Thanks for the offer though, really appreciate it.

Nice! Looking forward to pictures of Ghost Train. Btw that got me thinking, how was the PAB cup? That was the first one I ever did, not sure how well my strategy worked. Several times at the wall I thought, 'I have no idea what I'm doing'.
Great variety of stuff. It will slowly get integrated into random stuff.
And while I will buy Ghost Train this weekend, it won't be built til October or so. It is all that remains to be 100% on Monster Fighters. Saving the unbuilt ones for Halloween time.

I think he said like 5 mins away or something. I got the catalog today and it has the coupon and my nearest store is 30 mins away in another State. (There are two in Washington but they are both up by Seattle).

5.8 miles to be exact.

Crazy. I live in Monterey, the Santa Clara store is a full 60 minutes away. 've received a coupon with every catalog for the past year and a half.

I hope the situation gets sorted.

Crazy. I live in Monterey, the Santa Clara store is a full 60 minutes away. 've received a coupon with every catalog for the past year and a half.

I am 70 miles away from the closest store, and got my first coupon ever. I think it is because they saw my VIP card being used and knew I was driving 90 minutes one way to buy stuff.

I am 70 miles away from the closest store, and got my first coupon ever. I think it is because they saw my VIP card being used and knew I was driving 90 minutes one way to buy stuff.

Man, maybe I should stop bad mouthing Star Wars sets. I'm being watched.

When's the last purchase you made at your local LEGO store? Did you say what that was before? :/

Last Saturday.

jpatez34

Neo Member
20130606065328.jpg

"That's no moon, it's a Space Station"

Yep another "Best Star" in the process of being built! All those Mini-Figs!
Finished Bag 1, will move onto Bag 2 tonight.

lingiii

Banned
20130606065328.jpg

"That's no moon, it's a Space Station"

Yep another "Best Star" in the process of being built! All those Mini-Figs!
Finished Bag 1, will move onto Bag 2 tonight.

mix. the. bags.

I've got an unintentional mixed-bag build of this coming up since I disassembled it recently for a move.

Didn't find Mr. Gold but I got 2 Roman soldiers, 2 Clowns, 2 Parachutists, 1 Bee girl, 1 Paintball guy and a librarian...if I can get a baseball player and that other warrior, I'm satisfied.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Just a little vignette I made. Had the moto x guy at my desk for ages now without anything to do.

I think his helmet may actually be custom but i'm not sure entirely where it's from? :/

Just a little vignette I made. Had the moto x guy at my desk for ages now without anything to do.

I think his helmet may actually be custom but i'm not sure entirely where it's from? :/

At first I thought it was the hazmat suit helmet, but it is not. Not sure where the helmet is from.

Cool vignette though. Love the sideways build.

R-User!

This reminds me, my local TRU has a box damaged Falcon for $150. I really want that ship to complete my OT ships from the 2011/2012 series but it just doesn't speak to me. It's also on sale at the same store (undamaged for $159).

I know I'll regret not getting it but it's hard to pull the trigger.

I'm also thinking I'll scoop up a few of the low price point sets at the LEGO store tomorrow to get the Superman fig. Things like that LOTR Wizard Battle, Captain America, Artic Batman business etc. I don't have any interest in the sets, but I like the figs.

The one I really want is the Daily Bugle, but again....just for the figs. $59 seems like a lot.

Do you have Walmart's near you? The one near me has MF for 140.00 on the shelf. You could try that avenue. Also, Target online and Amazon has it for regular price as well...

Fellow PAB Pickers, has anyone seen any Dark Red bricks in the PAB wild? Specifically 1x2 or 2x4 bricks.

In the meantime, one of my favorite small sets again.

"Do you have any Visine or eye drops Saru-chicken?"
gwNiFOE.jpg

R-User!

Fellow PAB Pickers, has anyone seen any Dark Red bricks in the PAB wild? Specifically 1x2 or 2x4 bricks.

In the meantime, one of my favorite small sets again.

Yes, 1x2's... but I wont have time until about a week or two to pick you up a S-cup or L-cup...

...would you want to trade something?

Top Bottom