• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

ghostmind

75025 Jedi Defender-class Cruiser review:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83221#entry1612575

75024 HH-87 Starhopper review:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83218

8967108015_e2b29b1909_c.jpg

ghostmind

You folks seem well versed in all things non OT Star Wars. What's up with Obi Wan's face?

It's a bounty hunter disguise he was using for a few episodes in the most recent season of the Clone Wars cartoon. Obi-Wan was physically altered to look like the bounty hunter Rako Hardeen, in order to infiltrate a plan to kidnap Palpatine.

rallaren

It's a bounty hunter disguise he was using for a few episodes in the most recent season of the Clone Wars cartoon. Obi-Wan was physically altered to look like the bounty hunter Rako Hardeen, in order to infiltrate a plan to kidnap Palpatine.
Sounds like a comedy spoof - a funny one.

Man, if Obi could only see the future he'd have let Palpatine get kidnapped.

Awesome, thank you!

I love Star Wars naming conventions. A few years ago we were at the early round March Madness games in Buffalo where this guy was playing for Syracuse. When I heard his name I was convinced it was a stolen Star Wars name.

R-User!

Man, maybe I should stop bad mouthing Star Wars sets. I'm being watched.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

starwars1_clip01.jpg

Harry-Wan Potternobi:
"I have a bad feeling about this."

images

Qui-Gon JinnIsAGoodLiquor:
I don't sense anything.

starwars1_clip02.jpg

Harry-wan Potternobi:
It's not about the coupon, Master. It's something... elsewhere. Elusive.

Qui-Gon Jinn&Tonic:
Don't center on your dislike of Star Wars, Harry-Wan. Keep your biased feelings inside and withheld, where they belong.

Harry-Wan Potternobi:
But Professor Dumbledore said I should be a fanboy of my own franchise!
Qui-Gon Jinn&Juice:
But not at the expense of the Coupon. Be mindful of the LEGO Force, young Potterwan!

Harry-Wan Potternobi:
Yes, Master. ... ... How do you think the LEGO Group will deal with my coupon request?

images

Qui-Gon JinnOnTheRocks:
These LEGO Star Wars Fanboy phone operator types are softies. The negotiations will be short.

Is Weathertop the only LOTR set to be retired so far? What's the deal with that? Seems strange to retire just the one and what feels like less than a year.

I'm anxious to finally see an update to Bricklink UI.

"Thus, I am announcing that I am stepping down as CEO of BrickLink and have handed the website over to the committed and competent hands of a new owner, Jung-Ju “Jay” Kim, founder of Nexon, one of the world’s largest online game companies."

http://www.bricklink.com/announcement.html

According to Brickset, he's an AFOL.

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=6702

Hmmm not sure what to think but I hope it means good things for Bricklink, I don't always use it but that site is very handy.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

"Thus, I am announcing that I am stepping down as CEO of BrickLink and have handed the website over to the committed and competent hands of a new owner, Jung-Ju “Jay” Kim, founder of Nexon, one of the world’s largest online game companies."

Ugh, not sure how I feel about this. The UI will most likely look way better, but I bet there will be ads and other shenanigans.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

Well I guess we will have to see how this goes.

R-User!

Snagged Pisa while on break at work. Look forward to building it once I am home. This looks like a fun build and a great parts pack too.

I now OFFICIALLY KNOW where you work.

All the pieces of the LEGO puzzles finally clicked.

I'll refrain from spilling the beans, but I'm sure other people can/could probably figure it out too... :)

I now OFFICIALLY KNOW where you work.

All the pieces of the LEGO puzzles finally clicked.

I'll refrain from spilling the beans, but I'm sure other people can/could probably figure it out too... :)

Now we OFFICIALLY know you are a stalker.

I will PM you if I still need a fix of Dark Red bricks. :)

R-User!

No we OFFICIALLY know you are a stalker.

It's funny, because I'd worked in retail for a WHILE, and Phon would mention stuff here and there about retail back when he was looking to get a job in LEGO Corporate, and he had once mentioned that he had stopped to get a small set (I think Kai Mech) and I was like "Hmm... stopped to get a set on a lunch hour, he must be near a Target, Walmart, or TRU..." because on my lunch hour's, I would never have time for anything but lunch typically.

But I'm very analytical, and I am good at connecting the obscure dots through process of elimination...

...and today as I read his Pisa pick up post, I thought, how the hell did he pick that up!?

And then, without thinking deeply about it at all, it clicked like the final piece to a puzzle.

And I thought it would be funny to make it seem as though I'm stalking him, as if it fucking matters where the hell he is being that I'm in a completely different state...
<_< -_-

And, I'm self-aware enough to know that this comes off as a defense for "stalkerish" behavior, but I realize too, that there is like a 90+% chance that your just giving me shit... ;) Fucker...

When will you know if you need bricks, because it seems odd to ask if anyone has access to any and then when someone says "Yeah, I have some, wanna trade for some." to go "Nah, I'll let you know when..." :)

So what the hell man? :p

R-User!

Toys R Us seems to be having 2 deals that stack upon each other. There's the $20 off $75 of LEGO this week. If your TRU store is on this list, they will also be giving away a $10 gift card with $50 purchase.

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.j...EM060213E TRU Roto Announcement V2 Radio Test

How did you find that deal? I can't navigate to it from anywhere but your link? Thanks

The hell? How does MN not have one single store on that list? That sucks. Otherwise might have actually been worth a trip to one.

I think that list might be wonky, and I want to see how neonglow got to that page with that list to see what the f is going on...

It's funny, because I'd worked in retail for a WHILE, and Phon would mention stuff here and there about retail back when he was looking to get a job in LEGO Corporate, and he had once mentioned that he had stopped to get a small set (I think Kai Mech) and I was like "Hmm... stopped to get a set on a lunch hour, he must be near a Target, Walmart, or TRU..." because on my lunch hour's, I would never have time for anything but lunch typically.

But I'm very analytical, and I am good at connecting the obscure dots through process of elimination...

...and today as I read his Pisa pick up post, I thought, how the hell did he pick that up!?

And then, without thinking deeply about it at all, it clicked like the final piece to a puzzle.

And I thought it would be funny to make it seem as though I'm stalking him, as if it fucking matters where the hell he is being that I'm in a completely different state...
<_< -_-

And, I'm self-aware enough to know that this comes off as a defense for "stalkerish" behavior, but I realize too, that there is like a 90+% chance that your just giving me shit... ;) Fucker...

When will you know if you need bricks, because it seems odd to ask if anyone has access to any and then when someone says "Yeah, I have some, wanna trade for some." to go "Nah, I'll let you know when..." :)

I was joking of course. :) Forgot the smiley when I posted. Regarding the red bricks, I'm just on the fence if I should just wait it out for them to make it to my LEGO stores (and get 10% + VIP) or pay the extra postage costs for them. Risk is that they never make it to my LEGO stores or they do and disappear quickly. I do appreciate the offer.

R-User!

I was joking of course. :) Forgot the smiley when I posted. Regarding the red bricks, I'm just on the fence if I should just wait it out for them to make it to my LEGO stores (and get 10% + VIP) or pay the extra postage costs for them. Risk is that they never make it to my LEGO stores or they do and disappear quickly. I do appreciate the offer.

Yeah, but if they do come to your store, you would use a 10% on a 8 or 15 dollar item? You just roll like that?

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Now we OFFICIALLY know you are a stalker.

How do you think I feel. I just gave him my actual address to send me a set. He KNOWS exactly where I LIVE !!

Lol

I'm not huge on non-iconic Star Wars ships, but I'm liking that set overall. Nice colors, interesting ship, and great minifigs.

Yeah, but if they do come to your store, you would use a 10% on a 8 or 15 dollar item? You just roll like that?

I roll that way. I'm cheap and rationalize any money I save buying LEGO, I can buy more. I get 10% off + VIP pts on all LEGO store purchases (non-sale items) as long as I have a Legoland yearly pass.

How do you think I feel. I just gave him my actual address to send me a set. He KNOWS exactly where I LIVE !!

Lol

Watch out for your LEGO collection. ;)

Kryten

I've finally finished the Super Car (I end up stretching out my builds, I kinda don't want to finish them). The motorised functions are ok but my favourite is definitely how the rear wing slides in under the boot lid (that's the trunk, to Americans).

My friend hadn't applied the stickers and he didn't include them when I bought the set from him, I'm hoping LEGO will let me buy some as it looks a bit naked right now!

Ainaurdur

Yay!

got the entire fellowship of minifigs!

:)

also got the wizard duel set and it's really nice for such a small set. The sauron head piece is the highlight though.

Feels good to have all 9.

And I agree, I wasn't too interested in getting the Wizard Battle set at all, since I already will be getting the same Gandalf and Saruman minifigs (At least I think they are the same?) in the Orthanc set, until I realized the Eye was printed on a head piece. Not sure why that tipped my interest.

Feels good to have all 9.

And I agree, I wasn't too interested in getting the Wizard Battle set at all, since I already will be getting the same Gandalf and Saruman minifigs (At least I think they are the same?) in the Orthanc set, until I realized the Eye was printed on a head piece. Not sure why that tipped my interest.

Looking in the instructions the Sarumans are different but nothing that is hard to change: Orthanc one comes with a dress instead of legs with a print on it and wizard duel has white legs. Easy fix.

Now, I'm happy I have all the fellowship but bummed I can't get Grima Wormtounge outside of Orthanc :( I love the guy

R-User!

Looking in the instructions the Sarumans are different but nothing that is hard to change: Orthanc one comes with a dress instead of legs with a print on it and wizard duel has white legs. Easy fix.

Now, I'm happy I have all the fellowship but bummed I can't get Grima Wormtounge outside of Orthanc :( I love the guy

You will have Orthanc!

We shall have peace!

<_< -_-

Uhhh, I did not know the mystery of what or where I work was something others had been thinking about. I don't know whether to be honored or terrified. :)

But on that subject:
I dont ever say on any social media or on websites the specific retailer for which I work. All I say is that I work retail. My employer has a social media policy that honestly I cannot remember the full details about, but short version is that I do not say I work for them so it cannot be implied that I speak for them or am representative of them in any way. That way if I ever say anything either positive or negative about them, I am clean as far as my work goes. If something I ever said online does somehow come to the attention of my superiors, I never publicly acknowledged who I worked for. Kind of a CYA situation.

Here are all the details I will say about what I do: I have worked retail since 1995. I have been a slave ever since, and work in a management position at retail. I love working with people and meeting and talking to people at my work. I love the social aspect of working retail, even if there are the occasional not-so-nice people that I have to soothe and put up with. I am good at what I do. My sales numbers and the number of customers that ask for me directly speak to that. The fact that I am usually the person dispatched to take care of sensitive customer situations or to do off site events and sales with the public shows I am good interacting with people.
I work 40 hours a week at a job that I love, but I do not always love those that I work for. If I worked for different superiors I might be a lot happier overall, and I am really looking forward to my wife getting her PhD in December so that I can go down to a part time job or just do something I love and not fear about supporting my wife or I. I am excited at the possibility of going back to doing art again and possibly doing it freelance and doing things on my terms.

As for the type of things near where I work and how I can do so much on a lunch break:
I work in a shopping center, and that shopping center is near two others AND a mall. Within less than a mile of where I work (in whichever direction I go) I have a Target, Best Buy, Toys R Us, Barnes and Noble, TJ Maxx, Sears and tons of eateries.
Within two miles of home I have all the same things plus a Wal Mart, Newbury Comics, and even more food places. So when I have an hour for lunch, I can do a lot of stuff. Usually only takes me half an hour to get food and eat (I am fast), which gives me half an hour to frell around. Usually browsing online, or reading, or building some set I grabbed while on lunch.

Sorry if I am being vague in the answers, but I hope some understand.

http://thelordoftherings.lego.com/en-us/Products/Default.aspx

Some great photos at the newly-updated Lord of the Rings LEGO site. Also, new designer videos!
Great photos. Love it.

Why bummed about getting Orthanc? It only looks like it could be the best set this year. :)

Figures are for scale. I didn't feel like taking Hulk out of his tree house.

Cool set when done, but incredibly repetitive. Of course, that was obvious. But it looks really nice once done. The Architecture stuff has been pretty solid this past year. The only exception was the Sydney Opera House. But we know that will be rectified soon. :)

But anyways, this set was bigger than I anticipated, and has tons of useful parts for MOC buildings to come. Lots of white hinge plates too.

It is also one of the low-mid range Architecture sets that is fairly priced at $35. Think of it as a good gateway set, and a nice desk decoration. But nothing amazing that you should run out and buy immediately.

Top Bottom