• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

R-User!

Wait, what? Toys R Us will match Amazon.com? Since when? Is this official, widely disseminated company policy? And do coupons stack on top? Damn, it's incredible if so. I just got a Friends & Family coupon in my email for 20% my entire purchase, starting tomorrow!

Coupons I don't know, but the lady scanned a Man of Steel toy into her system, and told me that her screen showed that they could price match:
Walmart
Kmart
Target
and she said "Amazon.com... As long as its not from an Amazon Marketplace (private seller), then they can match it..." (from your phone or tablet or laptop)
!

Also, she's worked or the company for like more than 10 years, so she seemed like hedge knew her shit...

As for coupons on top?, probably because thy would match first, then apply your coupon to the order after that!

Put it this way... She said she bought an item that TRU was selling for $600 dollars, and she price-matched Walmrat for $270, and they matched it. 0_o She looks like a Mom who wants to save-a-muthafuckin-buck!

Walmart.com usually adjusts quickly to what Amazon.com's price is, so at the very least you could just have Walmarts app or their mobile ("It's time to go mobile." -Bane, TDKR-) site showing on your phone and you would still be good.

As long as they are not "Out of Stock" /dread :/

nny

A paper that is a "summary of the development of the facial expression for all LEGO Minifigures that were released between 1975 and 2010":

Agents With Faces - What Can We Learn From LEGO Minifigures?

The results show that the LEGO company started in 1989 to dramatically increase the variety of facial expressions. The two most frequent expressions
are happiness and anger and the proportion of happy faces is decreasing over time.

Minifigs are getting angrier ><

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Review of 60020 Cargo Truck up at Brickset. I am a big fan of the six wide trucks and like this reviewer, it is a set I added to my pickup list the moment I saw it. I don't know if others share this 6 wide truck love or not but I linked it either way.

Review

rallaren

Oh boy...
5853265747_a868eaf6bb_o.jpg
5853817872_4855550ae1_o.jpg

shadow29

Neo Member
Bug Obliterator showed up yesterday and I of course went and built it. Overall I like it, though I have a few nitpicky things I don't like.

I don't really like the plunger that lets them seperate. While easy to use, it just sticks that engine too far out. I'll probably just end up removing that feature so it looks normal. I also wish the wings had vertical movement to them. Not a big deal really though.

Other than that I really like the set. Couldn't really tell from the box, but the bug ship really had some interesting things to it. I would probably really enjoy building some of the bigger ones if I picked them up. But while it would be a cool build, the sets just do it for me visually. Just not my style. I'll probably end up picking up the Vermin Vaporizor though as a result.

ghostmind

Review of 60020 Cargo Truck up at Brickset. I am a big fan of the six wide trucks and like this reviewer, it is a set I added to my pickup list the moment I saw it. I don't know if others share this 6 wide truck love or not but I linked it either way.

Review

Nice - I love the Great Vehicles subtheme, and this set is a relative to that. The new forklift looks spectacular.

A paper that is a "summary of the development of the facial expression for all LEGO Minifigures that were released between 1975 and 2010":

Agents With Faces - What Can We Learn From LEGO Minifigures?

Minifigs are getting angrier ><

Ill read this after work. Thx

I do remember my first exposure to "angry" lego faces was the original Wild West line, though that series still has my all time favorite figure: the all black clothed outlaw

Is it possible to put in an order for Orthanc yet? I can't add it to the cart, but I don't know if it's because it's been pre-sold out or if it just can't be bought yet.

Review

That looks pretty damn sweet. Especially the forklift.

This was a picture my wife took yesterday. I had taken Hive Crawler off the shelf to rebuild it, and forgot to put it back. Needless to say, someone else found a use for the empty display shelf.

Is it possible to put in an order for Orthanc yet? I can't add it to the cart, but I don't know if it's because it's been pre-sold out or if it just can't be bought yet.

Not available for VIPs until Sunday I believe.

ghostmind

Orthanc VIP release is supposed to be on Monday, but the LEGO store remains oblivious to that. Latest update was that they don't have the sets yet, and to check back on Sunday.

I'm slightly worried that this promo is UK/Europe only.

And they remain equally clueless regarding the Titan.

That looks pretty damn sweet. Especially the forklift.

This was a picture my wife took yesterday. I had taken Hive Crawler off the shelf to rebuild it, and forgot to put it back. Needless to say, someone else found a use for the empty display shelf.

Not available for VIPs until Sunday I believe.

Man I just need to order the bag end... Been waiting for a discount but I think ill bite regardless. Same for Warg Attack (I want those wargs and a few more orcs would be nice, even if one is straight up bad)

Orthanc VIP release is supposed to be on Monday, but the LEGO store remains oblivious to that. Latest update was that they don't have the sets yet, and to check back on Sunday.

I'm slightly worried that this promo is UK/Europe only.

Monday release is fine, as I wont be able to drive to the store until Wednesday.

But UK/Europe only? NOOOOOO!

And they remain equally clueless regarding the Titan.

I am past searching for it, and will just get it whenever I stumble across it. Probably with birthday money or something.

rallaren

Glad you got some new LEGO! :)

Edit: I think in the next thread there should be a " :) " smiley face in the title!!! :)
Thanks. I didn't want the train earlier but it has a good discount now. I regret not buying Vampyre's Castle last time it was on discount - £10 more this time, but still.

Ill read this after work. Thx

I do remember my first exposure to "angry" lego faces was the original Wild West line, though that series still has my all time favorite figure: the all black clothed outlaw
My favorite theme I think. Never had 6765 Gold City Junction though and was bummed about that.

LOL

I already have the set but I haven't built it yet...I have to find a place for it...and my backlog of unbuilt sets is adding up again in a hurry.

LOL

I already have the set but I haven't built it yet...I have to find a place for it...and my backlog of unbuilt sets is adding up again in a hurry.

I don't buy that many sets, but my rule I've setup for myself is that I can't buy a new set till I build the ones I have

I'm headed to my parents this weekend n might grab some of my bins of old pieces. Ill prob grab my old dusty setup of my favorite original minifigures I own too

I don't buy that many sets, but my rule I've setup for myself is that I can't buy a new set till I build the ones I have

I'm headed to my parents this weekend n might grab some of my bins of old pieces. Ill prob grab my old dusty setup of my favorite original minifigures I own too

Hmmm, that doesn't seem like a bad strategy...I should try it.

Check this out on AMZN: LEGO The Hobbit The Goblin King Battle http://amzn.com/B009TCYK2E

Attack of the Wargs 19% off -$40

Check this out on AMZN: LEGO The Hobbit Attack of the Wargs http://amzn.com/B009TCYJP2

Mines of Moria 22%off -$63

Check this out on AMZN: LEGO The Lord of the Rings Hobbit The Mines of Moria (9473) http://amzn.com/B007Q0OUP8

Edit: >:D

Gah! Ur killing me! Any idea if the Warg set will be retired soon?

Thankfully I have the moria set that I picked up for $58 at my Walmart ^_^

Jimbro72

Check this out on AMZN: LEGO The Hobbit The Goblin King Battle http://amzn.com/B009TCYK2E

Attack of the Wargs 19% off -$40

Check this out on AMZN: LEGO The Hobbit Attack of the Wargs http://amzn.com/B009TCYJP2

Mines of Moria 22%off -$63

Check this out on AMZN: LEGO The Lord of the Rings Hobbit The Mines of Moria (9473) http://amzn.com/B007Q0OUP8

Edit: >:D

Oh believe me, I've noticed all these but keep holding off for the time being. The real trick is waiting to see if you get lucky enough for a set you want to show up in your Amazon quick picks to get them for an additional 5% off.

R-User!

Oh believe me, I've noticed all these but keep holding off for the time being. The real trick is waiting to see if you get lucky enough for a set you want to show up in your Amazon quick picks to get them for an additional 5% off.

Will target price match the price when it includes the additional 5% from the quick pick menu?

If so, then when you use your target card that would be 5% more! 10% bonus!! ;)

Just got off the phone with my LEGO store and the person I spoke to said Orthanc should be available to VIP members on Monday, but to call ahead of time to make sure. So, we'll see.

Would you happen to have the Quinjet and Bug Obliterator built right now? I would like a comparison pic if you don't mind.

Quinjet has joined with the infinite. It is definitely bigger and bulkier than Bug Obliterator though, but not by much. The fat midsection of Quinjet adds to its heft. Bug Obliterator is a bit more sleep through the middle.

Eurobricks has pics of LEGO Friends Collectible Animals Series 3. These Friends sets are the only ones I actually collect from this line.

Dolphin Cruiser will change your mind.:)
I have high hopes for that set. That it will be the crossover set for many people that haven't tried Friends stuff yet.

Jimbro72

Will target price match the price when it includes the additional 5% from the quick pick menu?

If so, then when you use your target card that would be 5% more! 10% bonus!! ;)

You know, I've never tried so I'm not sure if they'd price match a quick pick item price. I usually just buy from amazon anyway. No tax slightly offsets the extra 5% off at Target but then paying just over 7% sales tax. Any amount of savings helps.

Dolphin Cruiser will change your mind.:)
I have high hopes for that set. That it will be the crossover set for many people that haven't tried Friends stuff yet.

No!!! Must avoid the Friends line. At least for a few more years when my daughters are old enough to play with it. I wonder if this theme will still be available in like 3 yrs or if I should be stocking up on them now....

mojiimbo

You guys have any recommendations for sets that probably/might not be around officially through Lego in 3 or 4 months?

I was thinking B-Wing/Mines of Moria(for Boromir)/Helm's Deep as candidates but all three already seem to be OOS more often than not at the local store.

I'm thinking about it from a "cool sets you don't want to miss out on" angle, not a Lego investor/speculator thing.

(Obviously a lot of the time there's a few months after a set has been retired that you can still find it at TRU/Wal-Mart/Barnes and Noble.)

neonglow

You guys have any recommendations for sets that probably/might not be around officially through Lego in 3 or 4 months?

I was thinking B-Wing/Mines of Moria(for Boromir)/Helm's Deep as candidates but all three already seem to be OOS more often than not at the local store.

(Obviously a lot of the time there's a few months after a set has been retired that you can still find it at TRU/Wal-Mart/Barnes and Noble.)

All first wave of LOTR should be out of print soon so that includes Helm's Deep and Weathertop.

I think the Kingdom Joust set should be on it's way out too especially with the new Castle line.

Tower Bridge is a goner this year most likely. VW Camper probably as well.

Top Bottom