• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

ghostmind

Here's my new favorite Black Gate design:

At425ow.jpg

And here's the LEGO Digital Designer file for it.

R-User!

Ready for another set reveal, LEGO-GAF?

Stay tuned this Friday at 8PM CT.

Do you think you'll make a new thread in the OT as an experiment to see if we get dirty looks or general interest?

Something like:

New LEGO Creator Opera House: potentially replaces Tower Bridge! Get in here!

Or something to that effect?... :)

Edit:
Opera House
BttF Cuusoo release date and price (RDAP)
Decision on last Fall Cuusoo (come on Sandcrawler; "My wallet is ready!")
Decision on last Fall Cuusoo and BttF RDAP
Winter Village Market RDAP

Whichever of these happen I'll be happy to hear the news! :)

Sandcrawler! Sandcrawler! Sandcrawler!

neonglow

Do you think you'll make a new thread in the OT as an experiment to see if we get dirty looks or general interest?

Something like:

New Lego Creator Opera House: potentially replaces Tower Bridge!

Or something to that effect?... :)

Edit:
Opera House
BttF Cuusoo release date and price (RDAP)
Decision on last Fall Cuusoo (come on Sandcrawler; "My wallet is ready!")
Decision on last Fall Cuusoo and BttF RDAP
Winter Village Market RDAP

Whichever of these happen I'll be happy to hear the news! :)

Sandcrawler! Sandcrawler! Sandcrawler!

Should have LEGO in the title like LEGO Back to the Future - Make like a brick and get in here

Jimbro72

Ready for another set reveal, LEGO-GAF?

Stay tuned this Friday at 8PM CT.

I want it to be the Opera House but I'm going to guess it'll be the BTTF set with price and release date info as that has to be due out before the Opera House if the rumored late summer release is accurate.

Dolphin Cruiser will change your mind.:)
I have high hopes for that set. That it will be the crossover set for many people that haven't tried Friends stuff yet.

Don't short change the High School set. Dolphin Cruiser is top of my list for Friends sets.

You know, I've never tried so I'm not sure if they'd price match a quick pick item price. I usually just buy from amazon anyway. No tax slightly offsets the extra 5% off at Target but then paying just over 7% sales tax. Any amount of savings helps.

No!!! Must avoid the Friends line. At least for a few more years when my daughters are old enough to play with it. I wonder if this theme will still be available in like 3 yrs or if I should be stocking up on them now....

There are a few sets I think you should stock up on for your daughters. Who knows where Friends sets will be in a few years. Olivia's House, Dolphin Cruiser, and the High School sets are great play sets. I don't have Olivia's House only because I have too many on my list already. Just think, you're saving paying double the price you'd have to pay in a few years. :)

All first wave of LOTR should be out of print soon so that includes Helm's Deep and Weathertop.

I think the Kingdom Joust set should be on it's way out too especially with the new Castle line.

That's a nice set. And you can buy TWO of them to make a bigger setup. LEGO is good at designing things like that.

At425ow.jpg

And here's the LEGO Digital Designer file for it.

Speaking of double sets, this gate is a double set right? Dang, maybe I can subsidize the 2nd set by selling the minifigs from the 2nd one.

Don't short change the High School set. Dolphin Cruiser is top of my list for Friends sets.

There are a few sets I think you should stock up on for your daughters. Who know where Friends sets will be in a few years. Olivia's House, Dolphin Cruiser, and the High School sets are great play sets. I don't have Olivia's House only because I have too many on my list already. Just think, you're saving paying double the price you'd have to pay in a few years. :)

That's a nice set. And you can buy TWO of them to make a bigger setup. LEGO is good at designing things like that.

Speaking of double sets, this gate is a double set right? Dang, maybe I can subsidize the 2nd set by selling the minifigs from the 2nd one

Lazy man's version of this is to buy the set without minifigures off bricklink. Saves you like half the price of a new set. It does not save as much money as it would to buy a full set and sell the figs but for someone who has never sold online before the barrier seems really large to me. It's how I'll get me a full black gate.

but FIRST: Helm's deep. Days are numbered for the old lotr sets I fear. Time to actually pounce soon.

I got all the old LotR sets I wanted so I'm fine for them retiring... in terms of Hobbit sets I am now only missing the Warg set but I'm back and forth on if I should get it.

Lazy man's version of this is to buy the set without minifigures off bricklink. Saves you like half the price of a new set. It does not save as much money as it would to buy a full set and sell the figs but for someone who has never sold online before the barrier seems really large to me. It's how I'll get me a full black gate.

but FIRST: Helm's deep. Days are numbered for the old lotr sets I fear. Time to actually pounce soon.

Great idea as I'm very lazy, but the shipping kills it on eBay. ~$25 + $12 or $28 + $11 are the lowest I found.
I think I'll wait for a 20+% sale for the 2nd set and have all the extra minifigs for not too much more. I also have never sold online, but have been planning to eventually someday to help support my LEGO habit (LEGO Group would be happy, I used LEGO as an adjective for a noun).

I got all the old LotR sets I wanted so I'm fine for them retiring... in terms of Hobbit sets I am now only missing the Warg set but I'm back and forth on if I should get it.

Warg set is meh except for the Wargs and some of the minifigs.

Ainaurdur

I think I'll wait for a 20+% sale for the 2nd set and have all the extra minifigs for not too much more. I also have never sold online, but have been planning to eventually someday to help support my LEGO habit (LEGO Group would be happy, I used LEGO as an adjective for a noun).

Looking forward to the next BOGO 50% off. During the last sale I tried to figure out something, But I never had two sets that I wanted that were the same price to be able to save the most. In the case of sets like Black Gate where we want two of the same thing, it'd be perfect.

I just recently started selling some things on eBay, it hasn't been too bad. Just gotta make sure you account for the fees and shipping to be sure what you want to sell is worth it. I have already been able to buy a couple extra Lego sets from the extra cash I picked up from my sales.

Guys I have started playing videogames again. Help now two things want my disposable income. I'm focusing heavily on my unbeaten games but a 3ds is as much as some of the largest legos but I want Haunted house but I want a 3s but but but.....

Yeah, I really want it just for the wargs but I am hoping some later set comes with one or two

I'm kind of tempted to bricklink a couple instances of the set without figs to get some nature-y bits for scenery. I have had fun with that set and its figs, personally.

neonglow

Guys I have started playing videogames again. Help now two things want my disposable income. I'm focusing heavily on my unbeaten games but a 3ds is as much as some of the largest legos but I want Haunted house but I want a 3s but but but.....

I'm kind of tempted to bricklink a couple instances of the set without figs to get some nature-y bits for scenery. I have had fun with that set and its figs, personally.

If you get a 3DS, make sure to get the XL version.

If you get a 3DS, make sure to get the XL version.

Plan to. I didn't write it explicitly because I decided that a couple sessions of online-window shopping ago and have been slowly forgetting the normal one still exists. This one is inevitable with summer job money I feel. Peer acceptance makes buying video games on college kid income feel less irresponsible than buying lego.

But it's just like.... 80 dollars of amazon gift cards. Do I want 2 video games or a ultra discount on helms deep...

Eurobricks has pics of LEGO Friends Collectible Animals Series 3. These Friends sets are the only ones I actually collect from this line.

There are a ton of great sets in the line, and the colors are awesome. My kids love the big sets, but LEGO knows what it is doing with these collectible bags...my daughter is over the moon with them.

At425ow.jpg

This looks awesome! Nicely done. The set seems so sparse on its own.

There are a few sets I think you should stock up on for your daughters. Who knows where Friends sets will be in a few years. Olivia's House, Dolphin Cruiser, and the High School sets are great play sets. I don't have Olivia's House only because I have too many on my list already. Just think, you're saving paying double the price you'd have to pay in a few years. :)

Stock up on them just for the reason that LEGO got it right this time! Look at their previous attempts to market to girls. So bad, so creepy.

5821-1.jpg

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
tumblr_mj1zi56W1J1s3xs2ho1_500.gif

Give into your temptation. Succumb to the power of the One.

I didn't do it. Simply because I have Gandalf arrives and that is the only set I have from LOTR or Hobbit. If I buy the Gathering, then I will end up doing the same thing I just did with Monster Fighters. Buy the HH and then all of a sudden the rest of the line is on its way to my house.....I cannot afford it. Stupid tempting sales.

I went to the other toy store and had a feel at their minifigs. They had roughly 20 or so series 10 and a ton of series 9. Managed to feel out Sea Captain (finally!) and Medusa. Then I searched for some time until I was sure I had the forest girl (the bow was the deciding detail) as I already picked out the gypsy and judge by mistake earlier. When looking for one more random figure I found a forgotten series 6, which turned out to be the Genie. Pretty good results. I was just happy I didn't get a bloody roman in this series too.

Although, now that I think of it, I didn't really need Medusa :D. And the seagull is way bigger than I expected... but I'm gonna use it anyway, dammit.

R-User!

Adventure Camper 17%off $29

Check this out on AMZN: LEGO Friends 3184 Adventure Camper http://amzn.com/B007Q0O9UY

Heartlake Vet 16%off $38

Check this out on AMZN: LEGO Friends Heartlake Vet 3188 http://amzn.com/B005VPRETY

Olivia's House 19%off $61

Check this out on AMZN: LEGO Friends Olivia's House 3315 http://amzn.com/B005VPRF16

These things would be replaced soon enough this year probably, so if you want colors and you want to future-proof yourself for Dat future Daughter, well, then, it's TIME TO BUY!!!

P.S. You get more LEGO to build for yourself too!

P.S.S. I gave my mom Andrea's Stage ($10 set) and it's now selling for $17 bucks! Dat Value Appreciation!

P.S.S.S. What if somehow the LEGO friends line gets EOL'd in its current form? Then these sets would really become valuable!

I didn't do it. Simply because I have Gandalf arrives and that is the only set I have from LOTR or Hobbit. If I buy the Gathering, then I will end up doing the same thing I just did with Monster Fighters. Buy the HH and then all of a sudden the rest of the line is on its way to my house.....I cannot afford it. Stupid tempting sales.

Ah, but Unexpected Gathering is from The Hobbit, not LOTR. So you would only have one set from both themes. :)
And Gandalf Arrives perfectly complements Unexpected Gathering.

ghostmind

It looks like the summer Star Wars sets will not be available from LEGO in NorthAm until August 1st.

That said, we will probably start seeing them at TRU, etc in mid-July.

Still no sign of the Wave 4 Planets though...

I have been trying to think of how they can pull off the curves of the Sydney Opera House in a big set, and it dawned on me: ship hull pieces. Decent enough curve, and stackable to get bigger curves. But the problem is the exposed underside.

Random musings...

I have been trying to think of how they can pull off the curves of the Sydney Opera House in a big set, and it dawned on me: ship hull pieces. Decent enough curve, and stackable to get bigger curves. But the problem is the exposed underside.

Random musings...

Watch it be a ton of cheese wedges somehow.

Jimbro72

Designer video with Jamie:

"We noticed how you all enjoyed the number of cheese wedges we gave you with the Tower Bridge, so for this new set we've doubled it"
<Laughs as he dumps out a huge sack of wedges on the table>.

I'm now envisioning this set to contain about 6000 pieces, with half of them being wedges.

MisterNoisy

Woo. Found a 'repackaged' copy of the Batcave at Target for $40. Here's hoping it's intact inside the (modestly beat up) box.

EDIT: Also, are there any plans for another MOC contest any time soon?

Designer video with Jamie:

"We noticed how you all enjoyed the number of cheese wedges we gave you with the Tower Bridge, so for this new set we've doubled it"
<Laughs as he dumps out a huge sack of wedges on the table>.

I'm used to you posting LEGO news so it took me awhile to realize this was a joke. I looked back a few posts to find the link to the Designer video. LOL

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Yea. This happened. All for my birthday in August. I'll build them for Halloween.
lightbox

Edit: image didnt work on phone.

9045764528_734c31fefe_c.jpg

Yea. This happened. All for my birthday in August. I'll build them for Halloween.
lightbox

Edit: Don't think the I age works. Can't fix it on my phone.
Nice haul. That was my near exact haul over the last few months and my first ever backlog. But I still built most of it. :)

30 min to new set reveal!

ghostmind

GrXtcLC.jpg

10234 Sydney Opera House&#8482;

Ages 16+. 2,989 pieces.

Recreate Australia&#8217;s architectural masterpiece!

US $319.99 CA $379.99 DE 279.99&#8364; UK 249.99 £ DK 2499.00 DKK
Recreate one of the 20th century&#8217;s most distinctive buildings with the Sydney Opera House&#8482; model. Build the unmistakable shell roofline, waterfront forecourt and more with this authentic representation of Australia&#8217;s most iconic building. Employ a variety of new and advanced building techniques to recreate the complex forms, angled walls and subtle detailing of the real thing! Collect lots of dark tan LEGO® bricks including the rare 1x1x2/3 stud and 1x2x2/3 stud slopes, as well as a 48×48 stud baseplate in blue for the very first time!

&#8226; Build this model of a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
&#8226; Includes hard-to-find dark tan LEGO® bricks, tiles and sloped bricks!
&#8226; Collect the 48×48 stud baseplate, available in blue for the very first time!
&#8226; Sturdy construction allows the model to be handled and moved!
&#8226; Features advanced building techniques for complex forms, angled walls and subtle detailing!
&#8226; Measures over 11&#8243; high, 25&#8243; wideand 15&#8243; deep!

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning September 2013 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone.

Designer Video

47U0LIz.jpg

...and yes, it is a Jamie Berard set!

Top Bottom