• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Ponn

Banned
The points show at the top right corner of the shop screen. You can also look at your purchase history and see what you earned points with.

Then I did not get points, great. I signed in with my ID at checkout, i'm assuming thats how I can access order status while signed in to my ID.

Then I did not get points, great. I signed in with my ID at checkout, i'm assuming thats how I can access order status while signed in to my ID.
It takes a few days to post points. Give it a week. If you search the old thread there were days of posts of me freaking out about not getting points while many others were trying to soothe me. They will show up soon.

EDIT: Note to self- when doing MOCs, put the pieces away instead of keeping random crap in little containers. I have accumulated about four containers of random parts I had pulled out while MOCing, and have been spending hours sorting it back in my collection. If I sort at the end of the night, it wont pile up as much, and it wont be as time consuming. Urgh.

And disassembling some sets now and merging them with the infinite. Dino Defense go bye-bye now. Might keep Tree House together for the moment, but tempted to destroy that as well.

On another note, I am tempted to take apart most modular MOCs again (including the unfinished Pie Shop) and make a MOC castle. Something BIG. I haven't attempted that yet, and something new would be fun.

R-User!

I have finished the entire town house part of the Pet Shop and yep, I know exactly which part you are talking about now. Funny, too, as those first parts that attach to the 2nd floor I thought were odd bits of furniture but once you put that one piece up and then add the minifig to the room, it all makes sense. I sat there for a moment, taking it all in when it finally dawned on me what those things were suppose to be next to the fig and thought, damn, that's a real nice touch there. Overall, loving the build so far and also the finished model now that I'm one half done with the set.

Congrats on the house! So will you be getting a whole room just for your collection?

Well... Yes and no. I will have an office and I'll be able to display LEGO in their, but I don't want it to be inundated with too many things in general so that I can stay organized and focused.

But we will have a "Family room" where I intend to have a nice folding table at the ready for those fun family builds! :) That room will have some
LEGO on display as well... a little LEGO here, a little LEGO there, a little LEGO everywhere! ;)

Fred Myers still have sale on Monster Fighters, and it seems no one is buying them even at discount. I am fighting all my urge to pick these up. There are so many new Star Wars set coming out this month and while I find Monster Fighters set to be very interesting I just don't have much connection like I do with Star Wars.

I am not going to ask you guys what I should do because you guys are just bunch of enablers! I might just pick up the coffin car, but man the train set for $55.00 seems like such a bargain!

Any Vampyre Castle sets? Grab one for me if they have any and it goes to 40-50% off please. :)

Off topic: we FINALLY moved into our first home... I'm soooo effin tired... Just want to sleep all week... :(

But :) we have a New House!!! 0_o

On topic: I have no LEGO on display :(, and I won't realistically have time to build any anytime in the next few weeks....

Bright side... I may get to build Imperial Shuttle for the first time for Fathers Day, but I'm not sure... If not than for sure in July at some point!!

And more room for more LEGO!

Off topic: we FINALLY moved into our first home... I'm soooo effin tired... Just want to sleep all week... :(

But :) we have a New House!!! 0_o

On topic: I have no LEGO on display :(, and I won't realistically have time to build any anytime in the next few weeks....

Bright side... I may get to build Imperial Shuttle for the first time for Fathers Day, but I'm not sure... If not than for sure in July at some point!!

Congratulations!

Welcome to the never ending grind of home ownership. It's rewarding, but the work never ends. I'm like you in that I don't want LEGO all over the house, but it really is starting to take over my office / exercise room in the basement so I may need to disassemble some stuff.

I bought Council of Elrond at retail, partly because I've been pestering them about LotR for so long that it would be rude not to actually buy something there.

Also made a last attempt at the Sea Captain, but ended up with Bee Girl (yay), Painter (yay, especially if I buy Pet Shop) and... another two Centurions (lol). I'm thinking of mixing up these guys and making an actual legion. I've got five of the bastards now.

But now to build Council while I wait for the Microsoft conference.

Council of Elrond is a sweet little set. Reasonably big and very unique colors. Arwen and Elrond are great although Frodo and Gimli are way overused. I'll get another set without the figures to expand it, and it will be really nice.

Ideally though, I would need three of them, to make chairs for Frodo, Gandalf, Legolas, Gimli, Aragorn, Boromir, Gloin (who would need a new hairpiece) and a spare elf and human. Then this could be a really epic scene. Hmm.

Council of Elrond is a sweet little set. Reasonably big and very unique colors. Arwen and Elrond are great although Frodo and Gimli are way overused. I'll get another set without the figures to expand it, and it will be really nice.

Ideally though, I would need three of them, to make chairs for Frodo, Gandalf, Legolas, Gimli, Aragorn, Boromir, Gloin (who would need a new hairpiece) and a spare elf and human. Then this could be a really epic scene. Hmm.

I want the set just for the Elrond and Arwen figs. The orange foliage is just icing on the cake.

Thankfully there are few LOTR sets released so it is easy to go for 100% completion.

Hey guys! Just thought I'd share our wedding invitations, I'm really proud of them!

yxIK9cN.jpg

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Gaf is finally stable enough again. I picked up the werewolf set at Walmart yesterday. It was on the clearance shelf, but I found out it wasn't on sale. Bought it anyway. Kinda interested in monster fighters now. Late to the party as usual. If I see stuff cheap ill pick it up I guess.

Gaf is finally stable enough again. I picked up the werewolf set at Walmart yesterday. It was on the clearance shelf, but I found out it wasn't on sale. Bought it anyway. Kinda interested in monster fighters now. Late to the party as usual. If I see stuff cheap ill pick it up I guess.

That damn tree got us too, it was all going *lovely* until the damn tree. Now we've got everything apart from the haunted house.

Ordered Black Gate. Can't wait for Best Gandalf and Gwaihir. The seller who had multiple loose Councils sold one, so I'm back to waiting on that.

I'm looking for confirmation from Lego Sweden that Orthanc will be available early here. I'm getting a bit anxious...

That Wizard Battle set is terrific. Between that and Shelob I'm really impressed with the small LOTR sets (they're all I've got).

Apparently Gandalf is the wizard in grey. I did not know this.

We decided to go all the way with the Lego theme and use them as the hinge mechanism:
WeohZq1.jpg

Very creative, but I wouldn't expect any less from a fellow LEGO builder.

o30c1gn.jpg

I'm liking that welder.

Yes. Minifig itself isn't anything special, but dat welding mask and torch!
Series 11 definitely looks like a big win.

Refresher of CMF Series 11 list.

Barbarian
Bavarian Lady
Constable
Diner Waitress
Evil Mech
Gingerbread Man
Grandma
Holiday Elf
Jazz Musician
Lady Robot
Mountain Climber
Scarecrow
Scientist
Tiki Warrior
Welder
Yeti

Tiki warrior I'm hoping for a large mask.
Constable I hope is British one with the "bobby" or Canadian "mounty".

EDIT: That Yeti better come 4 or more per box. It was hard getting multiples of some minifigs in series 10. The bumblebee was the hardest one to find all the times I checked (many times there were none).

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
The Yeti with the popsicle is my favorite.

Amazon has the Death Star on sale again for $360. It hits this price every once in a while.

Ohhhh nooo. Noooo I wanted to get a bunch of sets for my birthday, but I could get this for my one gift. What do I do!!!!

Congrats! Do you plan on having more LEGO-themed elements to your wedding?

We want to have a small build for each person as a kind of wedding favor but not sure what we want it to be yet. I need to make a trip to the local store to see what's on the PAB wall or see what poly bags might work. Any ideas are welcome!

Ohhhh nooo. Noooo I wanted to get a bunch of sets for my birthday, but I could get this for my one gift. What do I do!!!!

Best Star wins every single time. Turn off your targeting computer on the other sets and use the Force to get this set.

EDIT: Super Star Destroyer is also on sale for 10% off. $360.

Jimbro72

Well that's an easy decision, especially if you don't already have the DS set. Don't pass up the chance to get one of the very best sets out if the opportunity is there.

Top Bottom