• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

The first castle set with a maiden had a slimmed waist. I remember cuz it was the first female I ever owned. I think my second was from a city or islanders set.

Built Unexpected Gathering last night... Really nice build. Solid set overall

Fell Beast on CUUSOO. I hope LEGO is already on this, with the Witchking and Eowyn.

FlnKak7.png

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/41453

I'd have to assume that there will be. The beast, the Witch-king and Eowyn are all notably missing in action so far. We also need a Esquire of Rohan Merry, and something - anything - from Pelennor. I'd say that would check all the boxes.

But it will most likely be a semi-custom mold based on the Castle dragon, like the game version. I don't see them making a huge brick build, especially not with Smaug around the corner.

Question: what does LEGO GAF think of waists on female figures? Since long, long ago, there has been attempts to slim down female characters by printing a little curve on the torso. The first (?) female with a distinct face, the pirate girl, also came with the slimmed torso, but I don't remember if any of the medieval maidens had them too.

It's funny. There is a problem, especially when you try to depict characters like Slave Leia, and end up with something looking more like that fat dancer at Jabba's. Even if you do add the slimming paintwork, you still have the square legs, the huge hands, the lack of a chest, and the cylindrical heads. It's hardly sexy, whatever you do.

I prefer to see all figures as stylized depictions of a human anyway, so I just ignore that part.

Is there anyone who prefers this workaround, or even would like to have separate character parts or something like Friends in the regular lines?

I'm sure there was outrage over that from a vocal minority. It wouldn't be a minifigure to me if they changed the "standard" design. Also, you don't find it sexy? ;)

This is what a custom torso would look like:
http://www.arealightcustoms.com/shop/Curved-Torso/

Arealight's printed Twi'leks by xwingyoda, on Flickr

Ponn

Banned
Fell Beast on CUUSOO. I hope LEGO is already on this, with the Witchking and Eowyn.

FlnKak7.png

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/41453

I would take that. I'm really hoping they don't do a fell beast or Smaug set with those dragons from the castle series. I want a brick built large one kind of like the Ninjago sets. I have a strong feeling LoTR are gonna be disappointed, I think Orthanc was our bone and Minas Tirith, Balrog and a Fell Beast are not gonna happen. At least not all three, give me one more a really freaking awesome Smaug set.

I wish they'd come out with an X-Mansion a la Arkham!

Holy shitballs that would be awesome! Include like all the x-men mini figs except for a couple like Beast for a Blackbird set that would look cool behind the mansion.

ghostmind

Tower of Orthanc confirmed for tomorrow in NorthAm. Should be in LEGO stores tomorrow morning and S@H after midnight. VIP required of course.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fathers Day brought me a Quinjet.

Surprisingly awesome build. Feels really solid when complete too.
And finally have acquired all of the Avengers.

My boys are very excited. Needless to say it was their idea. :)

My family let me sleep in for Father Day and I woke up to this and breakfast (at noon).

11UXyOTl.jpg

My wife and kids went to local Bricks & Minifigs and bought bunch of pieces to make bow and picture frame.

I just finish building Man of Steel set. Now I feel the urge to get Dark Knight Rises set.

No worries. Keep the faith alive!

Keep thinking that they have saved the best for last with Galaxy Squad. Go out with a bang!

Right now trying to go through my stuff and rebuild as much of Tower Bridge as I can without taking apart MOCs. Sadly, I am trying to find those 4 stud long bricks with the slight curve to them for the base. They were unique and I cannot remember how I sorted them into my collection. :(

frogg609

5769e844d70111e2980b22000ae911a9_7.jpg

Got 2 of these for Father's Day! They are very cool minifig display stands. She found a guy on Etsy who makes them. They hold 50 minifigs each, (the guy inserts and glues the 2x2 round plates into the wood. They also have small shelves in the back for hanging.)

Set-based keeps the budget under control, tho. Maybe set + budget?

I mentioned it months ago, but my idea for thematic was with very strict limitations. Like the MOC can only be maximum 8x8 studs, and 8 bricks high. Keeps it small and manageable. Perhaps a mini figure vignette. What figure you choose to build the tiny scene around is half the fun.

ghostmind

5769e844d70111e2980b22000ae911a9_7.jpg

Got 2 of these for Father's Day! They are very cool minifig display stands. She found a guy on Etsy who makes them. They hold 50 minifigs each, (the guy inserts and glues the 2x2 round plates into the wood. They also have small shelves in the back for hanging.)

Very nice - I like the look of these.

mrkgoo

I mentioned it months ago, but my idea for thematic was with very strict limitations. Like the MOC can only be maximum 8x8 studs, and 8 bricks high. Keeps it small and manageable. Perhaps a mini figure vignette. What figure you choose to build the tiny scene around is half the fun.

This is a cool idea, especially since eu had to sit out of the last two because the sets weren't available where I was. And they are cool sets too! *extra sad smiley*

I am so broke at the moment. Lots of bills at once and my computer died. Lego will have to go on hold. MAYBE I will buy the Man of Steel 2 mini fig set if I can find it for less than $30.

I ordered it. I'm surprised I didn't get an order confirmation email from LEGO, though. I guess it takes longer for that to get sent out than for other websites. I'm used to Amazon sending an email the second the order is placed.

Took an hour for me. I was beginning to think I did something wrong. Now waiting for a shipping notice.

Top Bottom