• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Orthanc was here, outside my door. At lunch. But I wasn't home, so it's been sent back to a pickup place. Available next working day, which is Monday.

Ah well. I have plans for the weekend, and my vacation starts today, so I'll survive.

Ainaurdur

EDIT:
At long last, I have a Brad Douriff action figure.
BNLAUfYCQAAXvZn.jpg

And then if they'd hurry up with giving us an Eowyn...

Oh, but you are alone... leading to ...your words are poison!

Mmm. Cannot wait!

Man I feel wrong that I want the Orthanc mostly because of Grima... In the LotR movies Boromir is my favorite with Grima my second... Been a brad dourif fab since

:)

Was at TRU a few data ago near my folks and they had a polybag of galaxy squad green team and some constructed bug. I almost bought it but didn't find any other sets I wanted for the BOGO deal there currently since castle dosnt count

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Is the hotdog cart promo starting next month?

Plotting an order so some of Galaxy Squad stuff now that it's finally in the UK, but i'd rather wait if something good is coming up!

Is the hotdog cart promo starting next month?

Plotting an order so some of Galaxy Squad stuff now that it's finally in the UK, but i'd rather wait if something good is coming up!

It is, plan what you want to buy now! I want that Family House and Tree House but I may just save them for next month.

notsol337

marked forever
I got super happy at my local Target yesterday! I stopped in to pick up some new undershirts and found the TIE Fighter polybags by the register. The cashier thought I was insane when I squealed and bought 2 of them :3

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Lego store for me tomorrow!!! 10% coupon going to Death Star and a couple PAB cups and perhaps a few minifigs if I can feel for my missing pieces. I have no money for this..... But oh well.

Draxal

built the "assault vehicle" part of the Bug Obliterator.

Orange Team robot is my favorite mini fig of the year, and pretty much the entire reason I got it (I don't like the Mech near as much as the Obliterator).

Wish there was a poly bag version of it; or a space swarmer equivalent.

ghostmind

Summer Star Wars sets will be available in NorthAm starting August 1st from LEGO stores and S@H.

This includes the two exclusive sets - the HH-87 Starhopper and the Jedi Defender Cruiser.

75015 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid $19.99
75016 Homing Spider Droid $29.99
75017 Duel on Geonosis $39.99
75018 Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter $69.99 (not on S@H currently)
75019 AT-TE $89.99
75020 Jabba's Sail Barge $119.99
75021 Republic Gunship $119.99
75022 Mandalorian Speeder $24.99
75024 HH-87 Starhopper $39.99
75025 Jedi Defender-class Cruiser $89.99

Avixph

Does anyone know how to connect two minifig helmets together so that one opening is facing up while the other is facing down?

Does anyone know how to connect two minifig helmets together so that one opening is facing up while the other is facing down?
Two round single studs, with one of those red technic pegs that are two studs long holding them together. The top studs facing opposite directions. Add helmets on top.

Thanks man.

No problem. Shocked at how quickly that came to mind. Now I am curious to try it myself. I just wonder what on earth it would be used for. Care to share? :)

On a different note, I finished the Sopwith Camel. That was a fantastic set. I LOVE how the cockpit joystick actually controls the flaps on the plane, and all without using any gears or anything. Just string...and rubber bands. But they are are a necessary evil in this set.
The set is also much larger than I originally thought. It quickly took over the table with its impressive wingspan.

How swooshable? I would give it a 9.5 in swooshability. A nice solid body that is just the right size to grip while you fly it around and make noises. My only real issue that brings down the swoosh factor is that you have to spin the propellor yourself. If only it had power functions to make the propellor spin on its own.
This does make me want to get Aviation Adventures more than ever now, mainly because of the propellor function. It also makes me want to rebuild Sonic Boom to have a fleet of planes ready to go. But the issue is display space.

Avixph

No problem. Shocked at how quickly that came to mind. Now I am curious to try it myself. I just wonder what on earth it would be used for. Care to share? :)

On a different note, I finished the Sopwith Camel. That was a fantastic set. I LOVE how the cockpit joystick actually controls the flaps on the plane, and all without using any gears or anything. Just string...and rubber bands. But they are are a necessary evil in this set.
The set is also much larger than I originally thought. It quickly took over the table with its impressive wingspan.

How swooshable? I would give it a 9.5 in swooshability. A nice solid body that is just the right size to grip while you fly it around and make noises. My only real issue that brings down the swoosh factor is that you have to spin the propellor yourself. If only it had power functions to make the propellor spin on its own.
This does make me want to get Aviation Adventures more than ever now, mainly because of the propellor function. It also makes me want to rebuild Sonic Boom to have a fleet of planes ready to go. But the issue is display space.

You remember that mech I made earlier, well i'm making a minifigure hardsuit with the same aesthetic and I needed that as a joint for the thighs.

You remember that mech I made earlier, well i'm making a minifigure hardsuit with the same aesthetic and I needed that as a joint for the thighs.

But how will it connect to the rest of the body? That is what I am trying to wrap my head around. Unless you use a 3 stud long Technic peg and have the middle of it connected to the rest of the body.
I am extremely intrigued.

Avixph

But how will it connect to the rest of the body? That is what I am trying to wrap my head around. Unless you use a 3 stud long Technic peg and have the middle of it connected to the rest of the body.
I am extremely intrigued.

See this is what's stumping me right now. I tried this originally:

5831580089_a622e503ea_z.jpg

Matt

Perhaps 250 with free shipping?

I really hate to lose my ass on these awesome sets, but I need the money.

Hmm. Maybe I would do just Grand Emporium for $125? I don't know, I don't love Fire Brigade, but I do need to build that street (have Palace Cinema already)...

Let me think about it.

And we should take this to PM.

shadow29

Neo Member
Probably going to stop by TRU this weekend to see if they will price match at my store. More importantly though, I want to see if they price match and do BOGO in addition, making it a real deal. The email says they price match everything so I can only hope. Though the real issue may be whether they have the sets in that I want. The last two weekends I went there, they just taunted me with the label on the shelves with none in stock....

What's this TRU deal about? Is it available in the US?

As far as I know it's only being offered at Canadian Toys R Us locations right now. Each store is getting a box of 25 bags and in typical TRU fashion there aren't a lot of controls around them. I bought $60+ worth of stuff so I'd qualify for two, but I probably didn't need to. When they gave me the figure I just asked for a second one and he said "Yeah no problem" and grabbed it (this is the same store that was giving out Elrond polys like candy).

I have no idea if the figure is unique in any way, or if its the same Robin that's appeared previously.

I'm still waiting for Iron Patriot to show up in some sort of Canadian promo. Want that thing.

As far as I know it's only being offered at Canadian Toys R Us locations right now. Each store is getting a box of 25 bags and in typical TRU fashion there aren't a lot of controls around them. I bought $60+ worth of stuff so I'd qualify for two, but I probably didn't need to. When they gave me the figure I just asked for a second one and he said "Yeah no problem" and grabbed it (this is the same store that was giving out Elrond polys like candy).

I have no idea if the figure is unique in any way, or if its the same Robin that's appeared previously.

I'm still waiting for Iron Patriot to show up in some sort of Canadian promo. Want that thing.

*Sigh* Canada... where the grass IS greener.

Top Bottom