• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

9101485759_bc04e3f299_c.jpg

Nice. I see a Gamma Gang forming. Those Hulk keychains went fast at my local LEGO store.

That's it for now. There has already been some negative reaction, with people saying the original idea was better than LEGO's interpretation.

For reference:

3DMhocI.jpg

No sign of minifigs with the LEGO version either, which would be a big reason I would get it.

Agreed. Minifigures would seal the deal. At the very least need one minifig of Marty McFly. Still hope as the car photo could just be a teaser. This would be the first Cuusoo set to have a minifig. What better way to do it than the with this iconic theme. I still have hope.

I can see why people would like the original more. It has a smoother look. Only criticism I have is the hood on the LEGO model, but it would all be ignored if at least one minifig was there.

Bonus childish and obscene picture.

Haha. Does it lean to the right? My immediate thought seeing that was, "needs a photo like that with Tower of Orthanc for size comparison."

I have been going through most of my collection the last few days and came across this -

A FULL PICK A BRICK CUP!

I figured I would share since I just saw the last guy's posting :p

I have about 20,000 more pieces to go through before I am done with my sorting. I just closed my bricklink store and am keeping everything else for my personal collection for MOCs

How has your experience with a Bricklink store? I was debating doing that or eBay to unload some extra pieces and minifigures. Bricklink seems more appealing to me than eBay.

Agreed. Minifigures would seal the deal. At the very least need one minifig of Marty McFly. Still hope as the car photo could just be a teaser. This would be the first Cuusoo set to have a minifig. What better way to do it than the with this iconic theme. I still have hope.

That honour goes to the Hayabusa but you are right that a minifig would seal the deal for many I think.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That honour goes to the Hayabusa but you are right that a minifig would seal the deal for many I think.

Is that a custom minifig or a generic businessman one? I think minifigs are too expensive to make for cuusoo kits. Volumes are too low and it'd distort the price.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I find the lack of order in your PaB cup disturbing.
so much wasted space :p

look at all that drop shadow!
also the stud is empty!
Would not bang!
:p

I agree. I was filling it while listening to the other guys and thought they were taking the last Death Star. I lost all lack of composure and just started throwing things in. I just said fuck it.

That is a nice looking steak.

It's from an Italian grocery store near my house. They have a pretty amazing meat counter. This is my first cowboy steak from them. Usually I'll pick up prime rib eyes for the wife and I but since it's just me tonight I figured what the hell. This sucker was $20.99 a pound.

Made it to the LEGO Store grand opening at the Freehold Mall and finally got my hands on this baby.
Also this

I wanted to pick up the Haunted House while I was there, but I'll save that purchase for a little bit later since I don't even have a spot for Orthanc yet.

Edit: I just saw the Back to the Future set. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I hope there's Minifigs...

Is that a custom minifig or a generic businessman one? I think minifigs are too expensive to make for cuusoo kits. Volumes are too low and it'd distort the price.

Unique as a minifig but all parts have been used before.

Bricklink page for Hayabusa Project Manager - J. Kawaguchi

The wife is working tonight so my plans are in place.

WuEuQcr.jpg

Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!

For all that is studded I need info on that cut of meat!

For all that is studded I need info on that cut of meat!

It's called a 'cowboy steak'. I guess cowboys would just hold the bone and eat it. Most butcher shops should be able to get it for you, just ask for a bone in rib eye.
Finished product:
97viVwf.jpg

Just finished the ent. The 1x1 eye tiles are a really nice touch. Now we need Treebeard ASAP.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Was the Cuusoo Minecraft set hard to come by at first? I really want to pick up the DeLorean when it comes out as I'm a huge BTTF fan and don't want to miss out. I know demand was high for Minecraft.

Ponn

Banned
It's called a 'cowboy steak'. I guess cowboys would just hold the bone and eat it. Most butcher shops should be able to get it for you, just ask for a bone in rib eye.
Finished product:
97viVwf.jpg

Just finished the ent. The 1x1 eye tiles are a really nice touch. Now we need Treebeard ASAP.

Mmmm...I have some Ribeyes to cook tomorrow but now i'm going to eat them shedding a single tear knowing how inadequate they are.

For some reason I find myself wondering if I should put off getting Orthanc and getting Haunted House first. I'm just afraid of HH going OOS suddenly, yet i'm still a little peeved I missed that killer sale on Amazon from a couple weeks ago.

Mmmm...I have some Ribeyes to cook tomorrow but now i'm going to eat them shedding a single tear knowing how inadequate they are.

For some reason I find myself wondering if I should put off getting Orthanc and getting Haunted House first. I'm just afraid of HH going OOS suddenly, yet i'm still a little peeved I missed that killer sale on Amazon from a couple weeks ago.
Haunted House first. You have time for Orthanc.

Ponn

Banned
Haunted House first. You have time for Orthanc.

My love for LoTR will be hard to stifle a couple months but yea, I just feel being prudent is the best course of action.

I would have a little extra money left over to track down one of those cowboy steaks though.

My love for LoTR will be hard to stifle a couple months but yea, I just feel being prudent is the best course of action.

I would have a little extra money left over to track down one of those cowboy steaks though.
And as awesome as Orthanc was, Haunted House is better in the end.

frogg609

Finished product:
97viVwf.jpg

Looks wonderful! Enjoy your evening of meat and LEGO!

How has your experience with a Bricklink store? I was debating doing that or eBay to unload some extra pieces and minifigures. Bricklink seems more appealing to me than eBay.

In my experience, parting and pricing, sorting, shipping tons, and the amount of time it takes to do all of this was basically not worthwhile on bricklink. Minifigs, yes! You can get away with selling a ton of minifigs for dang near what you paid for entire sets sometimes. Parting takes forever, and you will get more money at the cost of dozens of hours, but overall I just couldn't afford the time anymore.

I have thousands of cool pieces from hundreds of sets now! I get to keep these or bulk sell on ebay someday

Ah. It doesn't have a unique new print though. :) Looks like standard issue prints.

The print on that minifig looks standard. Suit definitely, not 100% sure of the face.

I think it's time to test the waters with low volume unique minifigs for Cuusoo sets. LEGO has done low volume prints with the Comicon and New York toy fair minifigure giveaways. Just a few hundred of minifigures with unique printing. A few $$$ more on the set can't be a deal breaker. People pay Star Wars tax all the time for sets.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
O wow....First time I have been on Gaf since the change....on a PC anyway. Looks the same on my phone....I kinda like it....

I really really really want to build the Death Star, but I have no room to put it. If I do build it I will have to turn around and tear it down right after the build. That is not really my thing. I like to leave them left built. O bother.

Fowler

O wow....First time I have been on Gaf since the change....on a PC anyway. Looks the same on my phone....I kinda like it....

I really really really want to build the Death Star, but I have no room to put it. If I do build it I will have to turn around and tear it down right after the build. That is not really my thing. I like to leave them left built. O bother.

I started building the Death Star, then had to go on a 2 month trip for work... now I'm going to move in with my girlfriend in a couple of months, so I figure it's probably better to wait until I move in to continue building.

R-User!

Suspend that bad boy from the ceiling with clear heavy gauge fishing wire!!! o_O

Jimbro72

I'm the same way, once it's built, I like it kept built. But I long ago ran out of room so the last week or two I've been tearing down older sets to make way for new ones. So if you're out of room, I'd find a few old sets to put away to open up space for the death star. You're definitely going to want that on display somewhere.

ghostmind

Wow. Talk about time travel confusion. I either forgot or didn't realize Back to The Future was confirmed as a Cuusoo set. This video is 6 months old. No wonder the set will be available in July.

I think there is something strange going on there, because I do not recall the original video having the model reveal.

I think there is something strange going on there, because I do not recall the original video having the model reveal.

I remembering watching that video a couple weeks back, that's when I first heard the 1% was being donated to Michael J Fox's foundation. I sure as hell don't remember the set being in the video though.

Jimbro72

It looks so....small. I think it could have looked so much better if done in the same scale as say the VW camper van. I'm sure it would have been about 4 times the cost, though.

Calm Killer

I'm pretty sure it was in there. I was confused why it was the old video. I was expecting something new...

Top Bottom