• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

...but sets like the Iron Man / War Machine thing, the Star Wars battle packs, the small Man of Steel sets...they all seem so vapid. It's almost as though LEGO feels the need to include random "battle stations" with a certain percentage of their sets.

I think they have to do that so they are 'construction toys' rather than 'action figures', which infringe on Hasbro (or whoever)'s licence.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Is that picture legit? Great that it comes with the minifigs, although it doesn't look like they'll fit inside. Still a guaranteed purchase though!

Avixph

I finally get to post on LegoGAF after waiting 3 months...

Anyone go to Brickworld last week? I liked this MOC so much I kept coming back to get more photos of it.

9067250327_aa1685e2b9_b.jpg

9067251047_d220e1a5ef_b.jpg

When is that Titan Galaxy Squad going on the shelf? I've been eagerly waiting for that set after building the Bug Obliterator.

They also had a cyberpunk display:

9078911587_9256cea6f2_b.jpg

9082066642_76dc0e61af_b.jpg

mrkgoo

They also had a cyberpunk display:

9078911587_9256cea6f2_b.jpg

9082066642_76dc0e61af_b.jpg

Wow!

And I thinks the Delorean looks kinda crappy, but the minifigs are so awesome.

I'm not sure i can really afford to get too much Lego in future though. My resources are becoming really strained. I do want aviation adventures though. It's nz$99 :(

Orthanc is completed! But I'm leaving it in place for shooting some more video tomorrow, for continuity, so I can't mess with it.

It's a beast of a set though, way bigger than practically everything I own. I love the surface of it, although it was generally boring to build. The inside was much better. The dungeon is cool (if not authentic), the throne room is great (that palantir really shines), and I love the detail of the study and the collection of the wizards' staffs. I don't really mind the stickers either, the only lazy ones were in the dungeon, where it gets a bit board game backdrop-ish.

If they ever make a Barad-Dur... I'll probably not get it. Currently. They would have to make up all kinds of scenes, but on the other hand it would be a a great way to complement this and have "The Two Towers" in a collection. It could come with Sauron (to somewhat dispel the misunderstanding that he's actually the eye, even if he's not supposed to take a physical form at the moment), another fel beast and random nazgul, a torture room (properly sanitized for Lego) with Gollum and a ton of orcs to make up for no huge ent. Even though the tower is many times bigger than Orthanc, it would probably end up at a similar size and cost.

Oh heck, I'd get it. But this will need to sell like crazy before they consider it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
If there's one negative to the Delorean, it's no Gull Wing Doors. That's the staple of the car, and it should have been a must have feature.

I watched some of the Brick Show review on Orthanc, now that I don't care for spoilers. And... eh.

"This is from where Gandalf escapes during... was it the first? Maybe the second, or the beginning of the first movie."

"I think they're making stew."

"The torches aren't lit because... maybe they're not there at the moment."

"There are all the five wizards... this looks like another Gandalf. I think there was five of them..."

"There are another few extra staffs up here."

"As you know, I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan."

Ponn

Banned
I watched some of the Brick Show review on Orthanc, now that I don't care for spoilers. And... eh.

"This is from where Gandalf escapes during... was it the first? Maybe the second, or the beginning of the first movie."

"There are all the five wizards... this looks like another Gandalf. I think there was five of them..."

I think my favorite one during that review i cracked up on was the Orc Piemaster. Mmmmmm pie master.

Jimbro72

Yeah, I think it opens upward but it's hard to tell with this pic exactly how it will look open. We need some hi res pics as well as pics of the two alternate models!! Wonder when we'll get those.

b7hdaCs.png

Here's the hinge piece. Looks like the door swing ups, but I can't tell how much of it does (like the review mirror area).

I tend to agree with you Mr. Potter especially with that zoom.

Who will be the first person here to take some lighter fluid and make the burning tire tread marks with the BttF DeLorean? Photos/video or it never happened.

Yeah, I think it opens upward but it's hard to tell with this pic exactly how it will look open. We need some hi res pics as well as pics of the two alternate models!! Wonder when we'll get those.

Of course we will. This is just part of the LEGO marketing set tease.

Matt

So, Lego-GAF, if I were to go to the Lego store in the next few hours, should I get Haunted House, Arkham Asylum, or Pet Shop? I already have Palace Cinema and Two-Face Chase, but nothing from Monster Fighters.

The 10% off coupon Jimbro72 so generously gave me is burning a hole in my pocket...

Jimbro72

So, Lego-GAF, if I were to go to the Lego store in the next few hours, should I get Haunted House, Arkham Asylum, or Pet Shop? I already have Palace Cinema and Two-Face Chase, but nothing from Monster Fighters.

The 10% off coupon Jimbro72 so generously gave me is burning a hole in my pocket...

Glad the coupon arrived safely! As far as what to get, even though I've yet to put mine together, I'd say Haunted House, too.

Matt

Glad the coupon arrived safely! As far as what to get, even though I've yet to put mine together, I'd say Haunted House, too.

Ah, sorry man, should have told you when it got here! Yeah, I was planning on waiting until July to use it so I could get the hot dog stand, but I'll just buy the BttF set and a few others in July to get that.

So far Haunted House seems to be running away with it...

I haven't built the Haunted House, but the Pet Shop is a ridiculously good set. The other 2000+ piece sets I've built don't hold a candle to it.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Not a huge fan of what I have seen from the BttF build from what I have seen, but I will definitely be purchasing it. No doubt.

Elrond-Facepalm.jpg

I have yet to get Arkham, but shall soon. But between Pet Shop and Haunted House is a VERY tough call. I would say go Haunted House, as that seems to be most in danger of disappearing soon. Also, you will save more with the coupon on that. I think they are also giving 50 bonus VIP points for Haunted House in stores.

Leaked BTTF pic says "This is a one off exclusive."

Shit. Does that mean one single print run, and then it is done? If so, I am staying up all night to order a couple online instead of going to the store.

ghostmind

Shit. Does that mean one single print run, and then it is done? If so, I am staying up all night to order a couple online instead of going to the store.

I was thinking the same thing - if it is a limited one-time production run, then I am not leaving anything to chance.

Matt

And the winner is...Haunted House! Although Pet Shop was VERY temping. Eh, I'll get it eventually.

Only bummer was they were out of Jor-El. Oh well...

I hope not but if it is, I'm buying one online pronto. I'm not missing out and then paying the price later on.

mrkgoo

b7hdaCs.png

Here's the hinge piece. Looks like the door swing ups, but I can't tell how much of it does (like the review mirror area).
Doesn't seem like there are any breaks for a door to swing up to me. And will a 1x2 as the hinge look any good when open?

I think those hinges are just a way to create that slope.
Edit: then again it does look like there's a seam at the rear end f the door. Maybe there IS a seam at the front but compression has his it?

What's the status on the Death Star? GF and I have been putting it off just because we've been so busy. Went to the Lego store in Glendale and they're telling me it is likely gone soon and they don't expect to be getting more in, but the retiring soon page doesn't list it at all. Any of you guys with inside info got any info?

Thx

Sssssoooooon myyyyy preccccioussss... sssssooooooon.

July for me. Gotta get dat Hot Dog Cart!

Of course, right now I am planning to order the Titan and BTTF set at the same time for the cart and be done.

What's the status on the Death Star? GF and I have been putting it off just because we've been so busy. Went to the Lego store in Glendale and they're telling me it is likely gone soon and they don't expect to be getting more in, but the retiring soon page doesn't list it at all. Any of you guys with inside info got any info?

Thx

For all intents and purposes, the Best Star should have been dead a few years ago. Somehow it keeps holding on. It is too awesome to die. But the fact that it should have died years ago keeps feeding the fear that it could just disappear instantly and without warning.

ghostmind

Thx

It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Death Star has been "reportedly" on the way out for years now, and yet it never does.

Going to need the word of LEGO itself before I believe the DS is gone.

It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Death Star has been "reportedly" on the way out for years now, and yet it never does.

Going to need the word of LEGO itself before I believe the DS is gone.

LEGO should announce the demise of the Death Star with something like "The exhaust port on the set has been discovered."

Top Bottom