• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Jimbro72

Lone Ranger sets are on sale at Amazon. They're pricematching Walmart. It's a good time to get the stagecoach set for $25.

Stagecoach Escape $25
Comanche Camp $16
Silver Mine Shootout $60
Constitution Train Chase $89

Nice. Looks like I'm going to pick up the stagecoach and camp sets as those discounts are right in line with the minimum of what I like to save when buying most sets.

Partners are never going to agree on everything, including how to spend disposable income. Especially that, to be honest. You think I know about every pair of shoes she buys?

Yep, sounds like my household. She likes to splurge on the occasional high priced pair of shoes or designer purse, I buy LEGO. But we don't ever comment on the amount that is being spent, as that comes out of our own personal discretionary income. No, her issue with all my buying is space and so I get the "and just where are you going to put all these now" line quite often. And she still doesn't even see half the stuff that shows up to the door as I get home from work quite a bit before she does, so a lot of it just kinds of blends into the pile of stuff, unbeknownst to her.

Do you have your priorities all sorted out? Once it gets to deception, it's rather creepy.

It's not a true out of control addiction until you have to hide it and be ashamed that you're doing that. I'm guilty of similar actions. I don't think anyone is being completely serious that LEGO is worth more than a relationship. Although it's kinda a grey area ;)

Also, saw this on Reddit this morning. Very nice!

So many clever uses of parts in a such a small model!

ghostmind

Does anyone have a video or picture of The Wizard Battle palantír used and lit in the Orthanc set?

2yw3l8h.jpg

ghostmind

Friends Dolphin Cruiser and Chima Gorzan's Gorilla Striker now listed on TRU.com (though not available to ship ATM).

Hopefully this means they will be available from S@H and LEGO stores on July 1st.

Ponn

Banned
It's not a true out of control addiction until you have to hide it and be ashamed that you're doing that. I'm guilty of similar actions. I don't think anyone is being completely serious that LEGO is worth more than a relationship. Although it's kinda a grey area ;

Well, i dont see the grey area. You could just build a GF/wife out of Lego. Problem solved.

Hmmm. I think a clear round brick below the eye would improve it.

I'm considering buying a Wizard Battle just to get the better palantir (the plastic ball in Orthanc is kind of weird for Lego), if I don't find anything else useful when I go to two different Lego stores in a few weeks.

Hmmm. I think a clear round brick below the eye would improve it.

I'm considering buying a Wizard Battle just to get the better palantir (the plastic ball in Orthanc is kind of weird for Lego), if I don't find anything else useful when I go to two different Lego stores in a few weeks.

It is a really sweet little set. I was very surprised at how well put together it was as the build is really the draw. Two separate action pieces as well.

It is a really sweet little set. I was very surprised at how well put together it was as the build is really the draw. Two separate action pieces as well.

Oh yes, flick Saruman and rotor Gandalf.

It's great as a desk model or an affordable way to get those two though, but for me the action features are completely forgettable.

Hmm, speaking of Wizard Battle, I might have a use of the spare grey plates.

Do you have your priorities all sorted out? Once it gets to deception, it's rather creepy.

It sounds worse than what it is. At the end of the month if the numbers in your bank account are good then you are good. It's not deception it's just that sometimes it's better to not spark a debate over disposable income or try to explain that you got it on sale.

MisterNoisy

Just finished building Hive Crawler (70708), and that set is a complete hoot. Larva catapult and super slick walking action makes it my favorite Galaxy Squad set to date.

Just finished building Hive Crawler (70708), and that set is a complete hoot. Larva catapult and super slick walking action makes it my favorite Galaxy Squad set to date.

8I5Qwmk.gif

Awww. Someone else discovering the wonders of Hive Crawler. The catapult is just creepy when you think about it, but the legs action is what sends it over the top for me.

neonglow

I'm gonna build the B-Wing now; first build since moving...

I'm very disappointed with my B-wing. It just ended up being very flimsy. The round cone on the back of the cockpit section kept falling off. You can't really adjust the wings much without fear that it'll break off and the pieces keep falling off on the bottom gun section especially the small triangles.

It looks great on display, but it's very flimsy when handled.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I was thinking about buying Palace Cinema and using the shell of the building to make another shop/apartment combo. What color are the walls?

Also, Lego has retracted their payment claim for Orthanc, so currently I got it for free, but I'm contacting them to see if there's anything that needs to be fixed, as I don't want to mess up my status with them forever.

Does Zod's people fit in those grey bubble pods?
No, not really. They are guns storage, I mod it so they can double as locker for the armors and hairpices. You can fit two Krytonians in the cockpit. I have extra Zod from mini set so stick him in there and keep the other one in armor suit.

I think it is a bit pricey but I am glad wife and kids got them for me for Father Day.

0YzSHTzl.jpg

Lego are going to charge me again, and I'm getting an extra 300 points on top of the ones I'll get from Orthanc once the payment goes through. That's nice :D

No, not really. They are guns storage, I mod it so they can double as locker for the armors and hairpices. You can fit two Krytonians in the cockpit. I have extra Zod from mini set so stick him in there and keep the other one in armor suit.

I think it is a bit pricey but I am glad wife and kids got them for me for Father Day.

Thank you for your impressions, saved me some moolah!

neonglow

I guess Ninjago will be making a comeback in a big way then!

Will we see the official licensed LEGO sets for a movie based on a LEGO theme???

I didn't think of that. This is gonna make the prices of the older Ninjago sets skyrocket in price too. Now would be a good time to pick up the sets you've been meaning to get before they become unaffordable.

LEGOJANG has video reviews up for the CITY summer transport sets and the Galactic Titan!

http://www.youtube.com/user/LEGOJANG

The Cargo Heliplane and Cargo Truck are the best sets of the summer CITY line, IMO.Will be getting them both.

I think Cargo Heliplane will be my first dip in the CITY line. That set looks crazy good.

Edit: Long week at the office, shrug. Vacation starts next week. Got some trips planned with the wife but otherwise I'm finally going to get at Arkham Asylum and I'll be picking up Pirate Ship Ambush on Monday. Gun be good.

Apparently we are now entitled to some of the sweet Amazon discounts that our US friends have been getting.

http://toysnbricks.com/amazon-canada-now-has-a-toy-department-including-lego/

From the article:

30% off – Ninjago Ultra Sonic Raider $70.34 (reg.$99.99)
28% off – Creator Seaside House $43.15 (reg.$59.99)
28% off – Creator Log Cabin $28.68 (reg.$39.99)
28% off – Lord of the Rings Battle of Helm’s Deep $123.11 (reg.$169.99)
27% off – Lone Ranger Constitution Train Chase $94.7 (reg.$129.99)
27% off – Star Wars Gungan Sub $66.1 (reg.$89.99)
27% off – Friends Olivia’s House $65.95 (reg.$89.99)
26% off – Ninjago Golden Dragon $29.73 (reg.$39.99)
25% off – Lord of the Rings Mines of Moria $75 (reg.$99.99)
22% off – Lord of the Rings Hobbit Unexpected Gathering $66.28 (reg.$84.99)
25% off – Super Heroes Hulk’s Helicarrier Breakout $49.02 (reg.$64.99)
21% off – Super Heroes Ironman Malibu Mansion Attack $39.65 (reg.$49.99)

I am ordering Quinjet & the Hulk set today!

DJ_Lae

Apparently we are now entitled to some of the sweet Amazon discounts that our US friends have been getting.

http://toysnbricks.com/amazon-canada-now-has-a-toy-department-including-lego/

From the article:

30% off – Ninjago Ultra Sonic Raider $70.34 (reg.$99.99)
28% off – Creator Seaside House $43.15 (reg.$59.99)
28% off – Creator Log Cabin $28.68 (reg.$39.99)
28% off – Lord of the Rings Battle of Helm’s Deep $123.11 (reg.$169.99)
27% off – Lone Ranger Constitution Train Chase $94.7 (reg.$129.99)
27% off – Star Wars Gungan Sub $66.1 (reg.$89.99)
27% off – Friends Olivia’s House $65.95 (reg.$89.99)
26% off – Ninjago Golden Dragon $29.73 (reg.$39.99)
25% off – Lord of the Rings Mines of Moria $75 (reg.$99.99)
22% off – Lord of the Rings Hobbit Unexpected Gathering $66.28 (reg.$84.99)
25% off – Super Heroes Hulk’s Helicarrier Breakout $49.02 (reg.$64.99)
21% off – Super Heroes Ironman Malibu Mansion Attack $39.65 (reg.$49.99)

I am ordering Quinjet & the Hulk set today!

Today is a glorious day!

It's also my wife's birthday, so I feel a bit guilty about ordering anything. Still, deals are so rare in Canada...

edit - Olivia's House and Unexpected Gathering are both tempting.

ghostmind

First image of the upcoming "Architecture Studio" set:

sFvAW96.jpg

This will likely tie-in to the events of the same name, happening at Barnes and Noble locations in July.

(better pic when I can get it)

Top Bottom